Which do guys prefer more?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandAudio Technica HEADPHONEStagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandDenontagged by System, 8/26/10
- productDenon AHD1001K On-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/26/10
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandUltrasonetagged by System, 8/26/10
- productUltrasone HFI-580tagged by System, 8/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread) Last post on 2/16/13 at 3:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 or beats Last post on 8/3/10 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 Vs. Denon AH-D1001 Last post on 7/8/10 at 6:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help a wannabe audiophile out!! Last post on 12/21/10 at 7:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seeking Advice on First "Good" Cans Purchase Last post on 10/13/10 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
DENON AH-D1001 vs. Audio Technica ATH-M50post #1 of 57/11/10 at 4:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/11/10 at 4:17pmpost #3 of 57/11/10 at 4:34pmThread Starterpost #4 of 59/26/10 at 7:51pmQuote:
Then the ATH M50's are what you want. One of the best values of any headphone out there.post #5 of 59/26/10 at 8:27pm
For the price, the M50 is the way to go between those two. I do find the bass too boomy myself.
It's not that bad for most, but enough for it to annoy me.
I have not heard the HFI-580, but the amount of bass was near perfect on the HFI-680.
- DENON AH-D1001 vs. Audio Technica ATH-M50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 39 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6-SE vs. Decware Taboo mk3 49 seconds ago
- › Back Again Asking For Yet Another Recommendation... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › Shure 846 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › NOBLE Savant Appreciation Thread (Impressions, Reviews, Tours) 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3