Hello everybody, let's get a list going of who can come to a head-fi meet. Larry, owner of Custom Electronics is a very gracious host, and took care of us last year. (also a big shout out to Tim who helped organize it last year and this year!) They gave us a generous discount on products in store and they also hooked us up with a free lunch. They had a PS1000 for us to listen to with some very appropriate gear behind it. No promises about this year, but they're giving us a place to sit around and listen to music for a day. Nobody can complain about that!
There may be some cost associated with this for example If we get some sponsored gear shipped to us and we are required to pay for return shipping, we will subsidize the cost of shipping it back by charging a 5$ entry fee. In such a case, anything extra will be applied to head-fi as a donation. As of right now, any and all agreed sponsorships are taken care of and will not incur the group a shipping fee. I doubt comply wants a bunch of used tips back, and considering headroom is paying return shipping, as it stands right now the event is free. Yes, free and I'm doing my best to keep it that way. My goal is a free event that's bigger and better than last year. This is coming together better than I'd hoped and I'm trying to snow ball it into a mini Can Jam that all of us will remember (at ;east until next years)!
Omaha area or not, any head-fi member is invited to come join us (if you're not a member and would like to attend, please register on the forum and introduce yourself). Last year, we had a great group and no doubt we will have a similar level of friendliness and eagerness to learn. We have nailed down an October 9th date, which is most compatible with the largest number of people and Larry (the owner) suggested it. Considering it's his store, I want to do our best to make sure we're within his schedule; he wants to hear some kit too!
Official Time: 10AM CST to 5PM CST
Over 1500$ in raffle prizes!
This includes time to setup and tear down. In no earlier than 10, out no later than 5. I'm sure they'll be very forgiving, but let's not spoil such a gracious host. We will have 3 rooms, 1 larger room and two smaller rooms. I believe we'll have quite a bit of room this time. If everyone shows up we'll have a total of 17 bodies there, more than likely, and since we had 12 and only 1 room last year, this gives us quite a bit of space to work with.
Again, this event is getting better and better, and providing we can get more people will surely eclipse last year's event. If you didn't make it last year, you owe it to yourself to come this year!
- Custom Electronics will be providing venue, and possibly some surprises as they did last year (see above). Larry told me saturday they would also have some Demo PS1000's on loan from Grado.
- Headphone.com will be sending some of their gear (micro stack, ultra desktop with psu for audition, and total airhead for raffle).
- Whiplash audio also has agreed to assist us with some of the gear for the event. 1 HD800 recabled, 1 iqube, and 1 whiplash twag lod.
- It looks like Head-Direct (storefront for hifiman) is sending us the not yet released RE262, also to be raffled at the end of the event.
- Comply will be providing tips for the IEMs present, these will be the new filtered tips (T-100, and T-400) to fit the Grado iGi, Grado GR8, and Westone UM1 that will be present.
- ALO Audio is sending us one of their high end sennheiser headphone cable.
- Spirit world will be providing venue for discussion as well as a free bourbon tasting after the event proper for those interested, also they will give a 10% discount on liquor, wine, and beer, and those who buy a sandwich at lunch time recieve a free cookie, bar, or soft drink.
- Naturespace.com has provided some 24 bit digital audio content for us to use as testing material for those who would like to do so. Also they have provided some 16 bit content that I can burn to an audio CD. This should give us a fun toy to play with on some of the gear.
List of Attendees (and associated gear):
(Presently we have 21 attendees, let's get some more, no limit on attendees (however please limit number of guests you'd like to bring. Thanks!))
James Schmitz aka Aynjell, and one guest.
Headroom Total Bit-Head
Little Dot I+ w/ OPA2107 & Sylvania GB408A valves
S.M.S.L. Mini Dac SD-793 w/ OPA2107
Custom Water Cooled PC for use with equipment (X-Fi Titanium)
Dell Latitude 610 w/ Ubuntu Linux
Dave Keim aka Bassvirtuoso
Burson HD160 Amp
JDS Labs cMoy
Miles aka LingLing1337
Dual CS604 w/ Grado Cartridge
Unknown aka Vinhson
Audio Technica ATH-A900
Unknown aka nabiscosnack
Ultrasone Pro 900
Graham Slee Solo
Woo Audio 3+
Unknown aka nylan8301
Grado SR-60 (originals)
Koss KSC-75 (modded)
Little Dot MK II
Audio-gd Compass (earth)
PA2v2 Amp (Portable Amp 2, Version 2)
Sony A818 w/LOD
Unknown aka matajuro, and one guest.
Unknown aka StupidN00bie
MarkL Modded Denon AH-D5000
Devin aka mrscotchguy
Grado iGrado (with HD414 pads)
Nate aka nierika
Beyerdynamic Tesla T1
Beyerdynamic DT-250 (80ohm)
Sennheiser HD 25-I
Unknown aka ru4music
Woo Audio 3
Mod 1+ Shanling CDT100
Unknown aka gritzcolin, and one guest.
Koss KSC35 (kramer modded)
Unknown aka AVALover5498
Unknown aka mattcbr9 (apparently a shure\monster\etc rep)
Unknown aka piperfect
Please pm me with your interest in attendance and gear list so I can keep track of the list better. thanks!
Copy pasta this into your sig, guys. Let's get some more people for our omaha meet! The more people that see it the more that might attend! It's not a meet without people!
Now recruiting for omaha head-fi meet! >> CLICKY <<
Edited by Aynjell - 10/8/10 at 9:54am