I own Option-B. Here are my impressions:
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone listened to the PS1000's with a Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear? Last post on 2/12/11 at 4:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Matrix M-Stage Observations Last post on 9/9/10 at 6:53am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix m-stage Last post on 10/14/10 at 8:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Beware!!! I purchased the Matrix-M Stage a month and a half ago, now the soundstage is gone Last post on 9/1/10 at 7:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) - Page 73post #1081 of 142610/25/13 at 7:52am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1082 of 142611/2/13 at 10:58ampost #1083 of 142611/3/13 at 8:45pm
Hi linhhonlangdu, i'm fine :)
You can't swap the transistors with each other. The BD139 is a NPN and the BD140 is a PNP transistor & changing them will possibly cause a short circuit !DANGER! :)
And the other question... yes, they are using nearly the same circuit. But as you know, you can buy a 100$ "no name Clone", a 225$ Lovely Cube, a 225+$ M-stage or a original Lehmann Linear for over 700+$. Just imagine how big the chance is, that the clones are at the same or a better quality level. So my second answer is also -> no ;)
nipponpost #1084 of 142611/5/13 at 8:44pmThread Starter
I took a little hiatus from being a head-fi'er so it's been a while since I've checked in on this thread. I'm happy to see it's still going strong after all these years.
Sometime this week I'll catch up on all the posts and update the links on the first post.
Edited by francisdemarte - 11/5/13 at 8:51pmpost #1085 of 142611/9/13 at 4:02ampost #1086 of 142611/17/13 at 8:21pmpost #1087 of 142612/16/13 at 9:16amQuote:
4 weeks ago
Any updates? :)post #1088 of 142612/17/13 at 6:59ampost #1089 of 14261/4/14 at 1:58am
and thanks to the grate boys starting this thread. I bought a pcb and did a part list as here:
2.2UF, 400V, EPCOS - B32654
2.2NF, 1%, 250V, VISHAY KP1830
6800 uF 50v, PANASONIC TS-HA
0.15 uF 100v, MKT Vishay BC
C1, C2, C3, C4, C5
0.15 uF 100v, MKT Vishay BC
C10, C12, C13, C15
480 uF 35v, PANA FC, 10mm D
C16, C17, C18, C19, C20, C21
100 pF 1% 630V, Polystyrene
22NF, 63V, Polystyrene
10 uf 35v Tantalum
VISHAY MBB02070 0.6 W ± 1 %
R1, R2, R3, R4
BZX85-C13 13V, 1.3W, parallel x2
R10, R11, R12, R13, R14, R15, R16, R17
R18, R19, R20, R21
R22, R27, R34
30 Ω 0.6 W ± 1% (10 Ω 2W)
R30, R31, R32, R33
D1, D2, D3, D4
LM317T, FAIRCHILD 1.2V to 37V
LM337T, FAIRCHILD -1.2V to 37V
Your favorite OPAMP ex LME49720HA
Your favorite LED
50 k DACT Type SMD Stepped Attenuator, my favorite!
HEATSINK, TO-220, 24.4C/W
3.5MM JACK, 3POLE
MULTICOMP, 2 X 15V, 30VA
Hope this can be useful to somebody.
Edited by theAmir - 1/18/14 at 2:49ampost #1090 of 14261/6/14 at 11:11ampost #1091 of 14261/7/14 at 5:28am
i have never seen this type of pcb by myself so you have to show me the otherside. Otherwise i could only guess whats wright or wrong.
The partlist seems ok so far. I would suggest to match the resistors - so order a few more of each kind. You can never have enough resistors ;)
nipponpost #1092 of 14261/10/14 at 11:30am
thanks nippon, but I can not upload pix:
Your account does not have the required permissions to access this page.
Any way, I measured again there is 9.9v AC + 6.6v DC, thought something wrong with the BYV27/200's, after an R-core trafo or .... Changing them to 1N4007 still the same result!!! Getting mad. Any idea? Thanks.
Regardspost #1093 of 14261/13/14 at 6:11am
you can take a picture and upload it to a free image hoster in the www. You get a link to the picture which you can post here.
Without seeing your pcb i guess:
1.The transformer is wired and/or not working correctly -> so take apart your build an check the transformer when it is connected to the energy socket. Compare your messurements with the data of the manufactur if possible. (Are you using an 2x +15V trafo? Than without connection there should be a reading of 2x +16-18V. Also double check your wiring and take care of your own safety!!!)
2. Check your PCB and you solderconnections. Have you checked all diodes before installing them? Have you checked the capacitors in the power area?. And of course the pcb may have some issues :)
Bye the way -> it is normal that 18V AC are not equal to the DC output. The energy has to change their waves to become linear.
So inform us what is going on with your Lovley Cube clone project! ;)
Nipponpost #1094 of 14261/17/14 at 2:01pmpost #1095 of 14261/18/14 at 2:57am
- The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Noise Cancelling distortions while moving 27 seconds ago
- › Replacing cable on ATH M50 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo issue solutions thread. 4 minutes ago
- › How Well Can You Hear Audio Quality? Take The Test 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-Sigma NB 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 5 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear