I think the front panel doesn't look too good in the one photo because of the lighting.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone listened to the PS1000's with a Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear? Last post on 2/12/11 at 4:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Matrix M-Stage Observations Last post on 9/9/10 at 6:53am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix m-stage Last post on 10/14/10 at 8:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Beware!!! I purchased the Matrix-M Stage a month and a half ago, now the soundstage is gone Last post on 9/1/10 at 7:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) - Page 70
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 14164/28/13 at 12:04pm
it just looks a bit roughly ground on the edges....
Of course, if you are planning an SE version with an outer case 'like wot I done', then the inner case does not matter too much as long as it shields the amp....so you could get away with a specially designed front panel.....you have any DIY skills or know anyone who can cut/bend sheet metal, etc? The front panel could be made out of 6mm perspex, laser cut, or brass, chrome plated, etc....world's your oyster, really! Especially if you live in an area where there are little traditional machine shops in the backstreets....post #1038 of 14164/30/13 at 5:42pm
I bought a Lovely Cube a few months ago.
After many OPAMPs changes...
I found a HUGE improvement using the AUDIO-GD OPA-Earth.
It need a extension cord for fitting it inside the case (Cap Type - about 150-200mm).
There was an noticeable improvement in the sound extension.
More defined bass and treble.
More natural and spatial sounds.
Just great !!!
I will take some pictures soon...post #1039 of 14165/25/13 at 1:14am
Edited by jimbomak - 5/25/13 at 1:44ampost #1040 of 14165/25/13 at 1:24am
My Clone and Graham Slee Novo. Might have to tweak it a little bit. Already replaced clone volume control with an Alps and input capacitors with 2.2uF 400V MKP Polypropylene film capacitors . Also replaced op amp that came with it for an OPA2604AP. Myself and my friend prefer the clone to the Novo. Use Audio Technica ATH AD700 and Grado SR325 headphones on these.post #1041 of 14165/26/13 at 10:18ampost #1042 of 14166/7/13 at 4:21am
I completely removed the power supply from my headphone amplifier. I built a Lt1083 regulated +-15v power supply to power the amp. here are pictures. I haven't hooked it up as yet. The transformer is 80VA, dual 18V secondaries. Filter caps., 10,000uF, dual bridge discrete diodes. I will post updates when I get time to do some more work on the unit.
I've finally finished the power supply and amplifier. The new power supply took the amplifier to a different lever of performance. I removed all the power supply parts from the original design. I don't really like the sound of LM3xx regulators, too harsh and noisy.
Don't expect miracles by just replacing passive components. The heart of every audio system is the power supply, so that's why I spent so much time building the best sounding power supply for the amp. The improvements especially in the bass areas are nothing short of subwoofer quality deep and controlled. Music comes out of a dark silent background with authority and fullness. The power supply is fully adjustable and is very stable and runs very cool.
Additional changes that I made to the amp are input caps are polypropylene in oil, power rail caps are Panasonic FM 680uF and 470uF bypassed with .1uf, silver mica caps input to ground on op amp. I will roll op amps to hear what suits me best. I also replaced the phone sockets with Neutrik gold plated. My objective is to address areas that make the most significant difference in sound.
I'll probably sell this amp and move on to the next project. If you have questions, just email me.
Edited by staxPatrick - 5/17/14 at 5:08ampost #1043 of 14166/8/13 at 7:13ampost #1044 of 14166/29/13 at 12:42am
Hello to all..
This is my ever first post on a forum..
But it is now more than one year I red every post of this thread.
I managed to build a "personnal" clone of the Lehmann..
I used all excellent components.. PRP résistors, Siemens styroflex, Mundorf caps, Panasonics, .. LME49720HA opa..
I Think I reached a top of quality.. It sounds very, very good with my Sennheisers HD 600..
I tried to post a picture.. but system says there is a communication problem with the server..
I 'll try later..post #1045 of 14167/16/13 at 7:15pmpost #1046 of 14167/16/13 at 7:42pm
Convert? Not that I know of - You could do full balanced by building two of them in one casing.post #1047 of 14167/16/13 at 8:03pmpost #1048 of 14167/19/13 at 10:15ampost #1049 of 14167/21/13 at 8:23ampost #1050 of 14167/21/13 at 8:25amQuote:
It is because of your post count , once you go over 30-40 you will be able to post pics :P
- The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Popular Classical Music 10 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 55 seconds ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › (WTB) Schiit Jotunheim with Dac 4 minutes ago
- › Reply to get FiiO's New In-Ear Monitors F1 for Free 5 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear