I think the front panel doesn't look too good in the one photo because of the lighting.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone listened to the PS1000's with a Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear? Last post on 2/12/11 at 4:44pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Matrix M-Stage Observations Last post on 9/9/10 at 6:53am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Matrix m-stage Last post on 10/14/10 at 8:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Beware!!! I purchased the Matrix-M Stage a month and a half ago, now the soundstage is gone Last post on 9/1/10 at 7:46am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone) - Page 70
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 14294/28/13 at 12:04pm
it just looks a bit roughly ground on the edges....
Of course, if you are planning an SE version with an outer case 'like wot I done', then the inner case does not matter too much as long as it shields the amp....so you could get away with a specially designed front panel.....you have any DIY skills or know anyone who can cut/bend sheet metal, etc? The front panel could be made out of 6mm perspex, laser cut, or brass, chrome plated, etc....world's your oyster, really! Especially if you live in an area where there are little traditional machine shops in the backstreets....post #1038 of 14294/30/13 at 5:42pm
I bought a Lovely Cube a few months ago.
After many OPAMPs changes...
I found a HUGE improvement using the AUDIO-GD OPA-Earth.
It need a extension cord for fitting it inside the case (Cap Type - about 150-200mm).
There was an noticeable improvement in the sound extension.
More defined bass and treble.
More natural and spatial sounds.
Just great !!!
I will take some pictures soon...post #1039 of 14295/25/13 at 1:14am
Edited by jimbomak - 5/25/13 at 1:44ampost #1040 of 14295/25/13 at 1:24am
My Clone and Graham Slee Novo. Might have to tweak it a little bit. Already replaced clone volume control with an Alps and input capacitors with 2.2uF 400V MKP Polypropylene film capacitors . Also replaced op amp that came with it for an OPA2604AP. Myself and my friend prefer the clone to the Novo. Use Audio Technica ATH AD700 and Grado SR325 headphones on these.post #1041 of 14295/26/13 at 10:18ampost #1042 of 14296/7/13 at 4:21am
I completely removed the power supply from my headphone amplifier. I built a Lt1083 regulated +-15v power supply to power the amp. here are pictures. I haven't hooked it up as yet. The transformer is 80VA, dual 18V secondaries. Filter caps., 10,000uF, dual bridge discrete diodes. I will post updates when I get time to do some more work on the unit.
I've finally finished the power supply and amplifier. The new power supply took the amplifier to a different lever of performance. I removed all the power supply parts from the original design. I don't really like the sound of LM3xx regulators, too harsh and noisy.
Don't expect miracles by just replacing passive components. The heart of every audio system is the power supply, so that's why I spent so much time building the best sounding power supply for the amp. The improvements especially in the bass areas are nothing short of subwoofer quality deep and controlled. Music comes out of a dark silent background with authority and fullness. The power supply is fully adjustable and is very stable and runs very cool.
Additional changes that I made to the amp are input caps are polypropylene in oil, power rail caps are Panasonic FM 680uF and 470uF bypassed with .1uf, silver mica caps input to ground on op amp. I will roll op amps to hear what suits me best. I also replaced the phone sockets with Neutrik gold plated. My objective is to address areas that make the most significant difference in sound.
I'll probably sell this amp and move on to the next project. If you have questions, just email me.
Edited by staxPatrick - 5/17/14 at 5:08ampost #1043 of 14296/8/13 at 7:13ampost #1044 of 14296/29/13 at 12:42am
Hello to all..
This is my ever first post on a forum..
But it is now more than one year I red every post of this thread.
I managed to build a "personnal" clone of the Lehmann..
I used all excellent components.. PRP résistors, Siemens styroflex, Mundorf caps, Panasonics, .. LME49720HA opa..
I Think I reached a top of quality.. It sounds very, very good with my Sennheisers HD 600..
I tried to post a picture.. but system says there is a communication problem with the server..
I 'll try later..post #1045 of 14297/16/13 at 7:15pmpost #1046 of 14297/16/13 at 7:42pm
Convert? Not that I know of - You could do full balanced by building two of them in one casing.post #1047 of 14297/16/13 at 8:03pmpost #1048 of 14297/19/13 at 10:15ampost #1049 of 14297/21/13 at 8:23ampost #1050 of 14297/21/13 at 8:25amQuote:
It is because of your post count , once you go over 30-40 you will be able to post pics :P
- The "Lovely Cube" Headphone Amp (Lehmann Black Cube Linear Clone)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 2 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth solution- other than Noble 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear