Thanks HiFlight. Minds are more clear now..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D4 Mamba or PB1 Toucan for DT770/80 basshead listener Last post on 9/8/10 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison Last post on 12/8/13 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Help me choose a Headphone Amp for my Senn's.....Please Last post on 1/26/11 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso balanced cables Last post on 4/23/12 at 11:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Anybody have Ibasso RMAA measurements? Last post on 10/6/10 at 6:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
RHA DacAmp L1 Review January 2017 Intro To start with, thanks again to Glassmonkey for organising this tour and RHA making all possible to start with. RHA known for their IEMs...
The completely wireless Axgio Dash seems to be a pair of $49 Apple Airpod killer. I was skeptical at first. The Dash arrived in a small, simple no frills box. It looks exactly like the packaging...
*I was provided a review sample by iFi for the Black Label tour* iFi Micro iDSD BLACK LABEL Packaging and Build Quality The iDSD Black Label came packaged in a sturdy, well presented...
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Toucan and Boomslang (IBasso Audio) Balanced Review Thread - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 3308/16/10 at 5:59ampost #93 of 3308/19/10 at 12:04pm
I managed to try th PB1 yesterday. My impression only on SE, not able to try the balanced.
Overall result PB1 give me a smooth top, full body, punchy bass, warm bottom, good soundstage. For certain song the bass is too impactful for my liking, maybe not really suitable for TF10. Compare with D10, the sibilance is more easily spot.
I still prefer my D10 with topkit. As a result, I will hold on my D10 for sometime.post #94 of 3308/19/10 at 12:32pm
how do you open up the hirose connector for soldering? it came with three pieces: the main silver connector with a slightly retractable hood, a gold wire wrap, and a black sheathing. are there instructions or a tutorial somewhere? thanks.post #95 of 3308/19/10 at 1:25pm
Attach it to a female hirose connector, use that to hold it in place while you unscrew the retractable hood/tail section from it. Just stick it on there and unscrew from the back (not the free spinning retractable part)... reverse the procedure to re-attach. I believe they have some sort of rig to disassemble them that costs too much, but if you have access to a PB1 then just stick it on there and unscrew.post #96 of 3308/19/10 at 1:38pm
Quote:Originally Posted by BebopMcJiggy
Attach it to a female hirose connector, use that to hold it in place while you unscrew the retractable hood/tail section from it. Just stick it on there and unscrew from the back (not the free spinning retractable part)... reverse the procedure to re-attach. I believe they have some sort of rig to disassemble them that costs too much, but if you have access to a PB1 then just stick it on there and unscrew.
thanks!post #97 of 3308/20/10 at 2:13ampost #98 of 3308/21/10 at 3:15pm
I use a "3rd Hand" to hold the pin housing and leads while soldering. The Hirose inline pins are much easier to solder than the 90 degree pins in the Protector plastic connector. A head-mounted magnifier also is a great help. Lightly tinning the pins prior to soldering the 4 leads also makes for a quicker "on & off" with your iron.
One might consider sacrificing one of your connectors for practice prior to attempting a complete interconnect. It is important to get your iron on and off quickly to avoid burning back the insulation on the lead wires. The more bare wire, the greater the chance for a short when reassembling the connector.
As with any skill, practice is *very* beneficial.post #99 of 3308/21/10 at 3:41pmpost #100 of 3308/22/10 at 4:16pmThread Starterpost #101 of 3308/26/10 at 12:28ampost #102 of 3308/26/10 at 1:15ampost #103 of 3308/26/10 at 7:53pmpost #104 of 3308/26/10 at 9:16pmpost #105 of 3308/26/10 at 11:14pmJH13- toucan/ ttvj slim/ protector/ ALO Rx?
I'm pairing my JH13s with an iPod Nano 4G and the result is a very bright sound. which amp offers a mellow/warm sound? heard that the toucan can offer almost everything that the protector can.
Edited by guitargeek - 8/26/10 at 11:15pm
- Toucan and Boomslang (IBasso Audio) Balanced Review Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Plussound Audio Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 5 seconds ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 52 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › How can I calculate my listening level on some cases? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 1 minute ago
- › Opinions and Questions on AKG K701 without bump version 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › AXGIO Dash Wireless Earbuds Cordless Running Jogging Bluetooth... by pkshiu
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by heliosphann
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear