Thanks HiFlight. Minds are more clear now..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- D4 Mamba or PB1 Toucan for DT770/80 basshead listener Last post on 9/8/10 at 12:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- [Review] iBasso D-Zero, with FiiO E7 Comparison Last post on 12/8/13 at 7:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Help me choose a Headphone Amp for my Senn's.....Please Last post on 1/26/11 at 6:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso balanced cables Last post on 4/23/12 at 11:44am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Anybody have Ibasso RMAA measurements? Last post on 10/6/10 at 6:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
Toucan and Boomslang (IBasso Audio) Balanced Review Thread - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 3308/16/10 at 5:59ampost #93 of 3308/19/10 at 12:04pm
I managed to try th PB1 yesterday. My impression only on SE, not able to try the balanced.
Overall result PB1 give me a smooth top, full body, punchy bass, warm bottom, good soundstage. For certain song the bass is too impactful for my liking, maybe not really suitable for TF10. Compare with D10, the sibilance is more easily spot.
I still prefer my D10 with topkit. As a result, I will hold on my D10 for sometime.post #94 of 3308/19/10 at 12:32pm
how do you open up the hirose connector for soldering? it came with three pieces: the main silver connector with a slightly retractable hood, a gold wire wrap, and a black sheathing. are there instructions or a tutorial somewhere? thanks.post #95 of 3308/19/10 at 1:25pm
Attach it to a female hirose connector, use that to hold it in place while you unscrew the retractable hood/tail section from it. Just stick it on there and unscrew from the back (not the free spinning retractable part)... reverse the procedure to re-attach. I believe they have some sort of rig to disassemble them that costs too much, but if you have access to a PB1 then just stick it on there and unscrew.post #96 of 3308/19/10 at 1:38pm
Quote:Originally Posted by BebopMcJiggy
Attach it to a female hirose connector, use that to hold it in place while you unscrew the retractable hood/tail section from it. Just stick it on there and unscrew from the back (not the free spinning retractable part)... reverse the procedure to re-attach. I believe they have some sort of rig to disassemble them that costs too much, but if you have access to a PB1 then just stick it on there and unscrew.
thanks!post #97 of 3308/20/10 at 2:13ampost #98 of 3308/21/10 at 3:15pm
I use a "3rd Hand" to hold the pin housing and leads while soldering. The Hirose inline pins are much easier to solder than the 90 degree pins in the Protector plastic connector. A head-mounted magnifier also is a great help. Lightly tinning the pins prior to soldering the 4 leads also makes for a quicker "on & off" with your iron.
One might consider sacrificing one of your connectors for practice prior to attempting a complete interconnect. It is important to get your iron on and off quickly to avoid burning back the insulation on the lead wires. The more bare wire, the greater the chance for a short when reassembling the connector.
As with any skill, practice is *very* beneficial.post #99 of 3308/21/10 at 3:41pmpost #100 of 3308/22/10 at 4:16pmThread Starterpost #101 of 3308/26/10 at 12:28ampost #102 of 3308/26/10 at 1:15ampost #103 of 3308/26/10 at 7:53pmpost #104 of 3308/26/10 at 9:16pmpost #105 of 3308/26/10 at 11:14pmJH13- toucan/ ttvj slim/ protector/ ALO Rx?
I'm pairing my JH13s with an iPod Nano 4G and the result is a very bright sound. which amp offers a mellow/warm sound? heard that the toucan can offer almost everything that the protector can.
Edited by guitargeek - 8/26/10 at 11:15pm
- Toucan and Boomslang (IBasso Audio) Balanced Review Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 3 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Pro iDSD discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 6 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 8 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 14 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear