Some past threads mentioned that there were newer modules placed in the GS-X at one point. Did this happen and, if so, what were the consequences? Thank you.
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp's GS-X vs Gilmore Lite for high-end Grado Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [SOLD] FS: Headamp GS-1 GS1 (BLACK) Last post on 8/24/11 at 12:39pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Which amp to get Luxman p1u or Headamp GS-X? Is the Luxman p1u a balanced amp? Last post on 9/15/12 at 9:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions for top of the food chain SS, $2500 limit... Last post on 10/9/10 at 5:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Quick question: Can or should a Headamp GS-X be used with with one box stacked atop the other?... Last post on 6/26/10 at 3:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Audio-Technica US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. I can’t imagine a better way to wrap up a series of...
First off, I want to thank Faheem and Singnature Acoustics for this O-16 Live unit and apologize for the humongous delay (it’s been very long) of this review. Packaging and...
Has the Headamp GS-X had updated modules since its introduction?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Even without any other modules, GS-X is still a top of the line SS balanced amplifier, easily in the same league with a maxxed Beta22 !
If I would be an SS guy, GS-X would be my choice without a doubt.
I seem to remember reading a while ago that the real reason the new modules haven't materialized is because of some difficulty with the supplier or manufacturer - not because of the Pico phenomenon. I think Justin is still firmly committed to his desktop line and I'm sure if these modules were available, they would be available as an upgrade.
- Has the Headamp GS-X had updated modules since its introduction?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 50 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 6 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 6 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2