Some past threads mentioned that there were newer modules placed in the GS-X at one point. Did this happen and, if so, what were the consequences? Thank you.
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp's GS-X vs Gilmore Lite for high-end Grado Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [SOLD] FS: Headamp GS-1 GS1 (BLACK) Last post on 8/24/11 at 12:39pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Which amp to get Luxman p1u or Headamp GS-X? Is the Luxman p1u a balanced amp? Last post on 9/15/12 at 9:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions for top of the food chain SS, $2500 limit... Last post on 10/9/10 at 5:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Quick question: Can or should a Headamp GS-X be used with with one box stacked atop the other?... Last post on 6/26/10 at 3:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Has the Headamp GS-X had updated modules since its introduction?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Even without any other modules, GS-X is still a top of the line SS balanced amplifier, easily in the same league with a maxxed Beta22 !
If I would be an SS guy, GS-X would be my choice without a doubt.
I seem to remember reading a while ago that the real reason the new modules haven't materialized is because of some difficulty with the supplier or manufacturer - not because of the Pico phenomenon. I think Justin is still firmly committed to his desktop line and I'm sure if these modules were available, they would be available as an upgrade.
- Has the Headamp GS-X had updated modules since its introduction?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HD25s Broke...Looking for recommendations 3 minutes ago
- › Denon LA-7000 3 minutes ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › New Version LA-7000 (Denon AH-D7000) in Museum Grade Redwood Burl... 9 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 9 minutes ago
- › Help finding perfect closed headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 12 minutes ago
- › IC: L3000+DHA3000 12 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)