Some past threads mentioned that there were newer modules placed in the GS-X at one point. Did this happen and, if so, what were the consequences? Thank you.
Related Forum Threads
- Headamp's GS-X vs Gilmore Lite for high-end Grado Last post on 8/11/12 at 10:47pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [SOLD] FS: Headamp GS-1 GS1 (BLACK) Last post on 8/24/11 at 12:39pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- Which amp to get Luxman p1u or Headamp GS-X? Is the Luxman p1u a balanced amp? Last post on 9/15/12 at 9:13pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions for top of the food chain SS, $2500 limit... Last post on 10/9/10 at 5:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Quick question: Can or should a Headamp GS-X be used with with one box stacked atop the other?... Last post on 6/26/10 at 3:27pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
- List Of Diy Headphone Amps
Has the Headamp GS-X had updated modules since its introduction?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Even without any other modules, GS-X is still a top of the line SS balanced amplifier, easily in the same league with a maxxed Beta22 !
If I would be an SS guy, GS-X would be my choice without a doubt.
I seem to remember reading a while ago that the real reason the new modules haven't materialized is because of some difficulty with the supplier or manufacturer - not because of the Pico phenomenon. I think Justin is still firmly committed to his desktop line and I'm sure if these modules were available, they would be available as an upgrade.
- Has the Headamp GS-X had updated modules since its introduction?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 12 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude