Between the m2 and the eterna, I'd go for the eterna. It looks to be a considerably more comfortable IEM. Plus it has what I consider to be a superior body design, one where the wire goes over the ear while the shell conforms to the shape of the ear.
Related Forum Threads
- I have 100 dollars and need In-Ears, recommendations? Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- a-JAYS two Review Last post on 10/29/11 at 7:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new ~$50 IEMs Last post on 8/14/12 at 1:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a decently-priced set of IEMs Last post on 2/10/11 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I get the Klipsch S4i, Brainwavz M2/ViSang R03, or Head-Direct RE0??? Last post on 1/10/11 at 6:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Warm and comfortable IEMs for $50ish? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Look at your own definiton. 1. not coarse or vulgar; genteel, elegant, or polite
2. subtle; discriminating 3. Free of coarseness or impurities. The word neutral is nowhere in that definiton.
Here you go, educate yourself:
Go find a thesaurus where refined and neutral are used synonymously.
Maybe when you understand how an 18 year old Lagavulin is more refined than your basic Johnnie Walker you can talk about Alcohol or headphones for that matter.
In fact, after listening to your rambling I need a drink.
I should have realized using Scotch in an analogy would lead you to Rubbing Alcohol.
Edited by Anaxilus - 7/6/10 at 7:01pm
Nice, latch on to #7 while the rest of us use 1-6. Do you even know how they rank or order definitions? GJ on ignoring everything else including common vernacular and usage. Perhaps you should have this conversation w/ yourself since you are the only one who uses English in any acceptable fashion. You should look up ignore while you're at it. Nevermind, let me demonstrate it for you. Imbecile.
Sheesh, no need for the insults. I still don't see how you're making the connection between 'refined' and 'achromatic'.
Thats the problem with reviews. No matter how many you read, they don't give you the full picture in the context of personal tastes. Most of the time I find myself reaching for the M2/R03 over the Eterna.
He's equating coloration to an impurity like sibilance or line noise. I find it moronic myself since by his definition 99.99% of all speakers, headphones and IEM's would be 'unrefined' by his usage. A Beyer T1 or JH16 would be unrefined to him. Perhaps even the HD800 and JH13's are too 'colored' depending on his level of insanity. Just silly really.
OK, cheater, you have to understand that the word "refined" is not a word that is usually associated with audio. Yes, with liquids or foods, refined means free from impurities, as in refined sugar. But an audiophile would use the word "refined" possibly in describing a headphone in comparison to another, for example, comparing the Sennheiser HD800 vs HD202. Most people would agree that the HD800 is a refined headphone (better be at $1400), but most would also agree that it is colored toward the Sennheiser signature, which is not completely flat or neutral.
Thankfully, you seem to understand the audio definitions of "neutral" vs "colored".
And I suggest you stay away from the whole subject of alcohol or whiskey -- you obviously have no understanding of how whiskey is made (for starters, you don't start with "pure alcohol" and add flavor and coloring, LOL). Any number of websites will tell you how it's done (malt + water = germination = sprouts + drying + grinding + yeast = fermintation + distilling, etc, etc).
Edited by kmhaynes - 7/6/10 at 8:32pm
- Warm and comfortable IEMs for $50ish?
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 56 seconds ago
- › Has anyone heard anything about the Oppo HA-1 balanced headphone... 59 seconds ago
- › Carrie USB-Powered Headphone Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › W5000 + HA5000 + Musical Fidelity M-1 DAC + Pure Silver USB Cable+... 3 minutes ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob