Between the m2 and the eterna, I'd go for the eterna. It looks to be a considerably more comfortable IEM. Plus it has what I consider to be a superior body design, one where the wire goes over the ear while the shell conforms to the shape of the ear.
Related Forum Threads
- I have 100 dollars and need In-Ears, recommendations? Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- a-JAYS two Review Last post on 10/29/11 at 7:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new ~$50 IEMs Last post on 8/14/12 at 1:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a decently-priced set of IEMs Last post on 2/10/11 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I get the Klipsch S4i, Brainwavz M2/ViSang R03, or Head-Direct RE0??? Last post on 1/10/11 at 6:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
Warm and comfortable IEMs for $50ish? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 227/6/10 at 3:04pm
Look at your own definiton. 1. not coarse or vulgar; genteel, elegant, or polite
2. subtle; discriminating 3. Free of coarseness or impurities. The word neutral is nowhere in that definiton.
Here you go, educate yourself:
Go find a thesaurus where refined and neutral are used synonymously.
Maybe when you understand how an 18 year old Lagavulin is more refined than your basic Johnnie Walker you can talk about Alcohol or headphones for that matter.
In fact, after listening to your rambling I need a drink.
I should have realized using Scotch in an analogy would lead you to Rubbing Alcohol.
Edited by Anaxilus - 7/6/10 at 7:01pmpost #18 of 227/6/10 at 6:59pm
Nice, latch on to #7 while the rest of us use 1-6. Do you even know how they rank or order definitions? GJ on ignoring everything else including common vernacular and usage. Perhaps you should have this conversation w/ yourself since you are the only one who uses English in any acceptable fashion. You should look up ignore while you're at it. Nevermind, let me demonstrate it for you. Imbecile.post #19 of 227/6/10 at 7:01pm
Sheesh, no need for the insults. I still don't see how you're making the connection between 'refined' and 'achromatic'.
Thats the problem with reviews. No matter how many you read, they don't give you the full picture in the context of personal tastes. Most of the time I find myself reaching for the M2/R03 over the Eterna.post #20 of 227/6/10 at 7:33pmpost #21 of 227/6/10 at 8:21pmQuote:
He's equating coloration to an impurity like sibilance or line noise. I find it moronic myself since by his definition 99.99% of all speakers, headphones and IEM's would be 'unrefined' by his usage. A Beyer T1 or JH16 would be unrefined to him. Perhaps even the HD800 and JH13's are too 'colored' depending on his level of insanity. Just silly really.post #22 of 227/6/10 at 8:29pm
OK, cheater, you have to understand that the word "refined" is not a word that is usually associated with audio. Yes, with liquids or foods, refined means free from impurities, as in refined sugar. But an audiophile would use the word "refined" possibly in describing a headphone in comparison to another, for example, comparing the Sennheiser HD800 vs HD202. Most people would agree that the HD800 is a refined headphone (better be at $1400), but most would also agree that it is colored toward the Sennheiser signature, which is not completely flat or neutral.
Thankfully, you seem to understand the audio definitions of "neutral" vs "colored".
And I suggest you stay away from the whole subject of alcohol or whiskey -- you obviously have no understanding of how whiskey is made (for starters, you don't start with "pure alcohol" and add flavor and coloring, LOL). Any number of websites will tell you how it's done (malt + water = germination = sprouts + drying + grinding + yeast = fermintation + distilling, etc, etc).
Edited by kmhaynes - 7/6/10 at 8:32pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Warm and comfortable IEMs for $50ish?
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Music Game IX 26 seconds ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › [WTB] Hifiman Edition X v2 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear