Between the m2 and the eterna, I'd go for the eterna. It looks to be a considerably more comfortable IEM. Plus it has what I consider to be a superior body design, one where the wire goes over the ear while the shell conforms to the shape of the ear.
Related Forum Threads
- I have 100 dollars and need In-Ears, recommendations? Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- a-JAYS two Review Last post on 10/29/11 at 7:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new ~$50 IEMs Last post on 8/14/12 at 1:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a decently-priced set of IEMs Last post on 2/10/11 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I get the Klipsch S4i, Brainwavz M2/ViSang R03, or Head-Direct RE0??? Last post on 1/10/11 at 6:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Warm and comfortable IEMs for $50ish? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Look at your own definiton. 1. not coarse or vulgar; genteel, elegant, or polite
2. subtle; discriminating 3. Free of coarseness or impurities. The word neutral is nowhere in that definiton.
Here you go, educate yourself:
Go find a thesaurus where refined and neutral are used synonymously.
Maybe when you understand how an 18 year old Lagavulin is more refined than your basic Johnnie Walker you can talk about Alcohol or headphones for that matter.
In fact, after listening to your rambling I need a drink.
I should have realized using Scotch in an analogy would lead you to Rubbing Alcohol.
Edited by Anaxilus - 7/6/10 at 7:01pm
Nice, latch on to #7 while the rest of us use 1-6. Do you even know how they rank or order definitions? GJ on ignoring everything else including common vernacular and usage. Perhaps you should have this conversation w/ yourself since you are the only one who uses English in any acceptable fashion. You should look up ignore while you're at it. Nevermind, let me demonstrate it for you. Imbecile.
Sheesh, no need for the insults. I still don't see how you're making the connection between 'refined' and 'achromatic'.
Thats the problem with reviews. No matter how many you read, they don't give you the full picture in the context of personal tastes. Most of the time I find myself reaching for the M2/R03 over the Eterna.
He's equating coloration to an impurity like sibilance or line noise. I find it moronic myself since by his definition 99.99% of all speakers, headphones and IEM's would be 'unrefined' by his usage. A Beyer T1 or JH16 would be unrefined to him. Perhaps even the HD800 and JH13's are too 'colored' depending on his level of insanity. Just silly really.
OK, cheater, you have to understand that the word "refined" is not a word that is usually associated with audio. Yes, with liquids or foods, refined means free from impurities, as in refined sugar. But an audiophile would use the word "refined" possibly in describing a headphone in comparison to another, for example, comparing the Sennheiser HD800 vs HD202. Most people would agree that the HD800 is a refined headphone (better be at $1400), but most would also agree that it is colored toward the Sennheiser signature, which is not completely flat or neutral.
Thankfully, you seem to understand the audio definitions of "neutral" vs "colored".
And I suggest you stay away from the whole subject of alcohol or whiskey -- you obviously have no understanding of how whiskey is made (for starters, you don't start with "pure alcohol" and add flavor and coloring, LOL). Any number of websites will tell you how it's done (malt + water = germination = sprouts + drying + grinding + yeast = fermintation + distilling, etc, etc).
Edited by kmhaynes - 7/6/10 at 8:32pm
- Warm and comfortable IEMs for $50ish?
- › SilverFi IEM Cables - A New Top Class Sounding IEM and Headphone... 2 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 seconds ago
- › DAC USB cable from keyboard - deteriorates signal ? 8 seconds ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 20 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 37 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz M1 Review by mark2410 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman “Fuzzor” Mod = (Driver backwave felt damping modification) 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)