Between the m2 and the eterna, I'd go for the eterna. It looks to be a considerably more comfortable IEM. Plus it has what I consider to be a superior body design, one where the wire goes over the ear while the shell conforms to the shape of the ear.
Related Forum Threads
- I have 100 dollars and need In-Ears, recommendations? Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- a-JAYS two Review Last post on 10/29/11 at 7:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new ~$50 IEMs Last post on 8/14/12 at 1:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a decently-priced set of IEMs Last post on 2/10/11 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I get the Klipsch S4i, Brainwavz M2/ViSang R03, or Head-Direct RE0??? Last post on 1/10/11 at 6:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Warm and comfortable IEMs for $50ish? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Look at your own definiton. 1. not coarse or vulgar; genteel, elegant, or polite
2. subtle; discriminating 3. Free of coarseness or impurities. The word neutral is nowhere in that definiton.
Here you go, educate yourself:
Go find a thesaurus where refined and neutral are used synonymously.
Maybe when you understand how an 18 year old Lagavulin is more refined than your basic Johnnie Walker you can talk about Alcohol or headphones for that matter.
In fact, after listening to your rambling I need a drink.
I should have realized using Scotch in an analogy would lead you to Rubbing Alcohol.
Edited by Anaxilus - 7/6/10 at 7:01pm
Nice, latch on to #7 while the rest of us use 1-6. Do you even know how they rank or order definitions? GJ on ignoring everything else including common vernacular and usage. Perhaps you should have this conversation w/ yourself since you are the only one who uses English in any acceptable fashion. You should look up ignore while you're at it. Nevermind, let me demonstrate it for you. Imbecile.
Sheesh, no need for the insults. I still don't see how you're making the connection between 'refined' and 'achromatic'.
Thats the problem with reviews. No matter how many you read, they don't give you the full picture in the context of personal tastes. Most of the time I find myself reaching for the M2/R03 over the Eterna.
He's equating coloration to an impurity like sibilance or line noise. I find it moronic myself since by his definition 99.99% of all speakers, headphones and IEM's would be 'unrefined' by his usage. A Beyer T1 or JH16 would be unrefined to him. Perhaps even the HD800 and JH13's are too 'colored' depending on his level of insanity. Just silly really.
OK, cheater, you have to understand that the word "refined" is not a word that is usually associated with audio. Yes, with liquids or foods, refined means free from impurities, as in refined sugar. But an audiophile would use the word "refined" possibly in describing a headphone in comparison to another, for example, comparing the Sennheiser HD800 vs HD202. Most people would agree that the HD800 is a refined headphone (better be at $1400), but most would also agree that it is colored toward the Sennheiser signature, which is not completely flat or neutral.
Thankfully, you seem to understand the audio definitions of "neutral" vs "colored".
And I suggest you stay away from the whole subject of alcohol or whiskey -- you obviously have no understanding of how whiskey is made (for starters, you don't start with "pure alcohol" and add flavor and coloring, LOL). Any number of websites will tell you how it's done (malt + water = germination = sprouts + drying + grinding + yeast = fermintation + distilling, etc, etc).
Edited by kmhaynes - 7/6/10 at 8:32pm
- Warm and comfortable IEMs for $50ish?
- › I don't like western cosplayers imitating Anime characters, they... 7 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 1 minute ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Melbourne classifieds link thread 2 minutes ago
- › RHA T20: in-ear headphone featuring DualCoil™ driver technology. 3 minutes ago
- › iPad in Space Grey 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2