Between the m2 and the eterna, I'd go for the eterna. It looks to be a considerably more comfortable IEM. Plus it has what I consider to be a superior body design, one where the wire goes over the ear while the shell conforms to the shape of the ear.
Related Forum Threads
- I have 100 dollars and need In-Ears, recommendations? Last post on 8/19/12 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- a-JAYS two Review Last post on 10/29/11 at 7:25am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new ~$50 IEMs Last post on 8/14/12 at 1:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for a decently-priced set of IEMs Last post on 2/10/11 at 8:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I get the Klipsch S4i, Brainwavz M2/ViSang R03, or Head-Direct RE0??? Last post on 1/10/11 at 6:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Warm and comfortable IEMs for $50ish? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Look at your own definiton. 1. not coarse or vulgar; genteel, elegant, or polite
2. subtle; discriminating 3. Free of coarseness or impurities. The word neutral is nowhere in that definiton.
Here you go, educate yourself:
Go find a thesaurus where refined and neutral are used synonymously.
Maybe when you understand how an 18 year old Lagavulin is more refined than your basic Johnnie Walker you can talk about Alcohol or headphones for that matter.
In fact, after listening to your rambling I need a drink.
I should have realized using Scotch in an analogy would lead you to Rubbing Alcohol.
Edited by Anaxilus - 7/6/10 at 7:01pm
Nice, latch on to #7 while the rest of us use 1-6. Do you even know how they rank or order definitions? GJ on ignoring everything else including common vernacular and usage. Perhaps you should have this conversation w/ yourself since you are the only one who uses English in any acceptable fashion. You should look up ignore while you're at it. Nevermind, let me demonstrate it for you. Imbecile.
Sheesh, no need for the insults. I still don't see how you're making the connection between 'refined' and 'achromatic'.
Thats the problem with reviews. No matter how many you read, they don't give you the full picture in the context of personal tastes. Most of the time I find myself reaching for the M2/R03 over the Eterna.
He's equating coloration to an impurity like sibilance or line noise. I find it moronic myself since by his definition 99.99% of all speakers, headphones and IEM's would be 'unrefined' by his usage. A Beyer T1 or JH16 would be unrefined to him. Perhaps even the HD800 and JH13's are too 'colored' depending on his level of insanity. Just silly really.
OK, cheater, you have to understand that the word "refined" is not a word that is usually associated with audio. Yes, with liquids or foods, refined means free from impurities, as in refined sugar. But an audiophile would use the word "refined" possibly in describing a headphone in comparison to another, for example, comparing the Sennheiser HD800 vs HD202. Most people would agree that the HD800 is a refined headphone (better be at $1400), but most would also agree that it is colored toward the Sennheiser signature, which is not completely flat or neutral.
Thankfully, you seem to understand the audio definitions of "neutral" vs "colored".
And I suggest you stay away from the whole subject of alcohol or whiskey -- you obviously have no understanding of how whiskey is made (for starters, you don't start with "pure alcohol" and add flavor and coloring, LOL). Any number of websites will tell you how it's done (malt + water = germination = sprouts + drying + grinding + yeast = fermintation + distilling, etc, etc).
Edited by kmhaynes - 7/6/10 at 8:32pm
- Warm and comfortable IEMs for $50ish?
- › Lend me your Wisdom - time for an upgrade. 59 seconds ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 7 minutes ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 8 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...