How many still use audio cassettes to record and play back music?
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone and portable amp question... Last post on 1/15/11 at 12:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I've narowed it down but I still need help Last post on 9/26/10 at 3:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Vintage Sony D-50 Discman - need help Last post on 11/30/12 at 7:15pm in Portable Source Gear
- MAXELL new IEM's - MXH-DBA700 (dual hybrid) and MXH-DD600 (dual dynamic) - soon to be... Last post on 12/2/13 at 10:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret Last post on Today at 6:21 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide
Last edited: 12/7/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Poll Results: Are you currently using audio cassettes to record and playback music?
5% (1)What is an audio cassette
Not if you have one of these babies to record on.
Edited by CrazyRay - 7/6/10 at 3:16pm
Maxell Metal Vertex
The Maxell Metal Vertex. It is Maxell highest grade metal position tape and the tape design itself is an art. It is made with a three-piece construction methods and with Techno-Silver back coat. It also has anti-modulation noise cassette mechanism as well.
Edited by CrazyRay - 7/6/10 at 10:41am
Playback only and not recording. I just got back into cassettes and recently acquired a Nakamichi CR-1A from craigslist for $25. It didn't work when I brought it home; none of the buttons functioned, so I performed this fix:
Now works like a charm! Having fun listening to music I haven't heard in years. Curious to discover that my own tape recordings from LP and CD generally sound better than pre-recorded tapes from the music companies.
Edited by jclin4 - 7/15/10 at 8:03am
- Audio Cassettes
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 15 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 2 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › Which DAC/AMP for Hifiman He-400? 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 4 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 4 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 5 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob