Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sansa Clip+ Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sansa Clip+ Impressions - Page 10

post #136 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post

I don't think that anyone here expects a 40$ mp3 player to produce sound value equivalent to a 200-300$ DAP

 

I bought a 8 GB for portability and on the run listening , but i also got a J3 for more serious listening.

 

You can't expect a mini martin to be easy to park AND to have the engine of a BMW.

 

Let's be reasonable and appreciate the clip+ for what it has to offer as it is.



oh!

sure! what is the BMW of DAPs? what if I live on a farm and I have miles of space to park the car?

post #137 of 229

I found the clip+ is sound pretty much like any other dap out there that isn't an "audiophile" dap. It sounded similar but just had a different tone and none were really better or worse but different.

post #138 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

I found the clip+ is sound pretty much like any other dap out there that isn't an "audiophile" dap. It sounded similar but just had a different tone and none were really better or worse but different.

good call. 
 

post #139 of 229

Got two Clip+ over the holidays. One I set to europe the other US. How can I set the first one from Europe back to US as its a lot quieter.

post #140 of 229

i also just got my clip+. excllent player all around,i especially like the size.

 

sound quality is very good.not better than my touch 2g but comes close.the only downsize i notice is that it is a bit soft.piano notes are a bit soft,same goes with the flute,sax,Oud and acoustic guitar.

nothing distracting,i am nitpicking here since my jh13s are very revealing.some details in the background are also lost because of that softness.

 

i am very happy with it and it will be my primary portable player from now on.i will install rockbox today.

post #141 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post

i also just got my clip+. excllent player all around,i especially like the size.

 

sound quality is very good.not better than my touch 2g but comes close.the only downsize i notice is that it is a bit soft.piano notes are a bit soft,same goes with the flute,sax,Oud and acoustic guitar.

nothing distracting,i am nitpicking here since my jh13s are very revealing.some details in the background are also lost because of that softness.

 


That sounds exactly what I heard that started me on my quest for another DAP and amp.  When I say the Clip+ doesn't drive my phones well this is what I'm referring to.  For some it's a non issue.  But for what the Clip+ was designed for it's fine.

post #142 of 229

DId you ever find that an amp helped with that?

 

I can't remember too much of what the clip+ sounds like other than it was pretty decent and just lacked some power compared to other players out there but considering the size it wasn't bad. The fuze however was another story..

post #143 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

DId you ever find that an amp helped with that?

 

I can't remember too much of what the clip+ sounds like other than it was pretty decent and just lacked some power compared to other players out there but considering the size it wasn't bad. The fuze however was another story..



I have yet to try the Zero volume LO trick.  I'll try it when I'm sick of listening to my 602 and DACPort.  Don't hold your breath.  wink.gif

post #144 of 229

Well looks like my clip plus just bit the dust :(   Leaving it on charge over night via mains to see if that will bring it back to life but doubt it.  Died mid song :(

 

Oh well lets hope that play are in a festive mood and give a no hassle refund.  Not sure whether to get another or refund.

 

Cheers.

post #145 of 229

I recently started using the OF's EQ "full bass" setting and am finding that that improves the sound of the Clip+ (with my SE530's).  It's not all that "accurate," of course, but I find the sound more powerful and pleasing with some help from the EQ.

 

Sometimes a seemingly dead Clip+ can be brought back to life by holding down the power button for a long time, or there may some other combination of buttons to press and hold for a while that may help.  Also, not sure but perhaps there is a hard reset button or combination of buttons?  I forget now.  But it might be worth doing a little searching about these things before returning it as dead.


Edited by harpua - 12/31/10 at 3:16pm
post #146 of 229


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark88888 View Post

In any case i like the sound from both devices, of course the shuffle 2nd gen for example is much much worse than both.


Can u give a value? For example, if sansa is a 10/10 and the cheapest chinese player a 1/10, what value would be a shuffle 2nd?

 

I listen with um3x direct from the shuffle 2nd, and I don't know if it's a good improvement changing to a clip. (just sq)

Any  help?

 

Thank you!

post #147 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpua View Post

Sometimes a seemingly dead Clip+ can be brought back to life by holding down the power button for a long time, or there may some other combination of buttons to press and hold for a while that may help.  Also, not sure but perhaps there is a hard reset button or combination of buttons?  I forget now.  But it might be worth doing a little searching about these things before returning it as dead.


Cheers that did the trick.  Note to self do not use bw p5's with the clip :)

post #148 of 229

 

Quote:
 

Can u give a value? For example, if sansa is a 10/10 and the cheapest chinese player a 1/10, what value would be a shuffle 2nd?

 

I listen with um3x direct from the shuffle 2nd, and I don't know if it's a good improvement changing to a clip. (just sq)

Any  help? 

 

Thank you! 

 

Yeah, if the sansa clip+ is a 10 and the cheapest chinese player is a 1, I'd say the shuffle 2nd generation is ... maybe a 3? 

 

To me, everything on the shuffle 2nd generation sounds muted.  Less treble, less bass, less everything.  It's like listening to music through a piece of felt.  I can only use it for listening to spoken tracks without music, like for studying language.  (and for that and that only it's better than the shuffle 1st gen, as the response of the buttons is more reliable.)

 

To me the evolution of the ipod shuffles is a bit of an audio-tragedy... each generation gets considerably worse.

 

Actually though I just checked and I didn't know there's a 4th generation.  Anyone out there know if it's a lot better than the 2nd and 3rd gen shuffles?  How does it compare to the 1st gen shuffle or Clip+?  As it looks so much like the shuffle 2nd gen, I don't have high hopes for it...

post #149 of 229

As an aside I listen to a pair of westone 2's out of the clip.  With the ipod touch 2nd gen there just seems to be no bass or very little anyway.  If only the clip had wifi it'd be perfect :P

post #150 of 229

Not loving the build quality so much. clip broke (now 1/3 smaller!) and whole unit creaks during button presses.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Sansa Clip+ Impressions