Hippo Boom! $20 for massive bass and impact.
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 7/6/10
- brandFuture Sonicstagged by System, 7/6/10
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 7/6/10
- productFuture Sonics 010-046 Atrio Series M8 Earbuds (Cobalt Blue)tagged by System, 7/6/10
- brandHippotagged by System, 7/6/10
- productHippo VBtagged by System, 7/6/10
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 7/6/10
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 7/6/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/6/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help Me Buy New IEM (Coming from Fischer Audio Eterna) Last post on 1/27/11 at 12:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass IEM Last post on 5/25/11 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Future Sonics Atrio low mid hump solutions? Last post on 8/28/10 at 5:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Kindly suggest me an IEM Last post on 4/19/13 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bassy IEM reccomendations Last post on 5/17/11 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
a-JAYS Five Quick Review Thanks to JAYS for the sample. Full review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/695893/jays-a-jays-five-review Brief: JAYS notice that there are phones not made by...
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Best in ear earphones with lots of bass! - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 177/10/10 at 8:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Gfunk
mmm im more looking in the 100 - 150 range i want to get something that does have good mids and highs but also deep booming bass. The seinheisser IE6 look good but i read a few reviews and they say it lacks in bass.... Ive also been looking at the Monster Turbines in ear at 149.95, which in various reviews say they have good bass. Any opinions on them?
The IE6 has lots of bass, the only way they would "lack" in bass is if you directly compared them to the IE8... and even then they don't lack, the IE8 just has a little more.
The Turbines are better for me than the IE6 in terms of sound quality, it is crisper with more texture in the highs and mids, and the bass slams a little more. The only problem with the Turbines is the fit -- which is a pain because of the weight that tends to pull them out of the seal -- and the durability. Honestly the cable on the Turbines is horrible and probably won't last you long. My pair only lasted 8 months.
If you can stretch the budget by $30, I got my Turbine Golds for $180 and have been very happy with them. The cable also invokes far more confidence than the original Turbines. I think these will last me more than 8 months, and they have a lifetime warranty to boot.
Edited by Mochan - 7/10/10 at 8:58amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear earphones with lots of bass!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 9 seconds ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 50 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 51 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X... 1 minute ago
- › RHA's running a MA750 and MA600 review programme 3 minutes ago
- › New Fostex HP-V1 Portable Amp 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 8 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables feedback thread 8 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 9 minutes ago
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe