Hippo Boom! $20 for massive bass and impact.
- productFischer Audio Eternatagged by System, 7/6/10
- brandFuture Sonicstagged by System, 7/6/10
- productFuture Sonics 010-045 Atrio Series M5 Earbuds (Onyx Black)tagged by System, 7/6/10
- productFuture Sonics 010-046 Atrio Series M8 Earbuds (Cobalt Blue)tagged by System, 7/6/10
- brandHippotagged by System, 7/6/10
- productHippo VBtagged by System, 7/6/10
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 7/6/10
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M2tagged by System, 7/6/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 7/6/10
- productSennheiser IE 6 In-Ear Monitor Earphonestagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Help Me Buy New IEM (Coming from Fischer Audio Eterna) Last post on 1/27/11 at 12:29pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass IEM Last post on 5/25/11 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Future Sonics Atrio low mid hump solutions? Last post on 8/28/10 at 5:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Kindly suggest me an IEM Last post on 4/19/13 at 6:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bassy IEM reccomendations Last post on 5/17/11 at 1:06am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
Best in ear earphones with lots of bass! - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 177/10/10 at 8:57amQuote:Originally Posted by Gfunk
mmm im more looking in the 100 - 150 range i want to get something that does have good mids and highs but also deep booming bass. The seinheisser IE6 look good but i read a few reviews and they say it lacks in bass.... Ive also been looking at the Monster Turbines in ear at 149.95, which in various reviews say they have good bass. Any opinions on them?
The IE6 has lots of bass, the only way they would "lack" in bass is if you directly compared them to the IE8... and even then they don't lack, the IE8 just has a little more.
The Turbines are better for me than the IE6 in terms of sound quality, it is crisper with more texture in the highs and mids, and the bass slams a little more. The only problem with the Turbines is the fit -- which is a pain because of the weight that tends to pull them out of the seal -- and the durability. Honestly the cable on the Turbines is horrible and probably won't last you long. My pair only lasted 8 months.
If you can stretch the budget by $30, I got my Turbine Golds for $180 and have been very happy with them. The cable also invokes far more confidence than the original Turbines. I think these will last me more than 8 months, and they have a lifetime warranty to boot.
Edited by Mochan - 7/10/10 at 8:58amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best in ear earphones with lots of bass!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 41 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 4 minutes ago
- › 8 years ago . . . 5 minutes ago
- › Nexus 5 Sound Quality? 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Clock Radio suggestions??? 6 minutes ago
- › Help the Newbie pick some Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude