Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › List of best & expensive headphones ever made (full-size)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

List of best & expensive headphones ever made (full-size)

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 

Has Solved to do the full list, hope me in this will help. :)

 

1 Sennheiser     HE90 $7500

2 Sony  MDR-R10 $4000

3 Ultrasone        Edition 7 $3000

4 Sony  Q010-MDR1 $2600

5 Stax SR-007 $1850

6 Audio-Technica ATH-L3000 $2600

7TakeT H2+     JPY 150,000

8 Ultrasone        Edition 9 $1500

9 Ultrasone        Edition 8 $1,499

10 Stax4070 $1499

11Grado  PS-1000 $1,695

12Grado  GS-1000i $995

13 Ergo A.M.T.  - 830,00 €

14 Grado             PS1 $1400

15 Sennheiser   HD-800 $1399

16 Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 $1,295

17 Audio-Technica          ATH-W2002 $1000

18 Audio-Technica          ATH-W5000 $700

19 JVC-Victor HP-DX1000 $959

20 Grado             HP1000  $750

21  Sennheiser  HE60 $700

22 AKGK1000 $600

23 AKG K340 $300

24 Beyerdynamic DT-48 $300

25 Denon AH-D7000 $899

26 Audeze LCD-2 $945

27 HifiMAN HE-6 $1600

28. Stax Sigma Pro JPY 46,000 (retail price)

29 Jecklin Float Electrostat $1200

30 Grado HP1  $595
31 Grado HP2  $495
32 Grado HP3  $395 (only 50 made)

33 Sennheiser HD 1000 Charlston 65000 Yen

34 Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold 64000 Yen

35 Audio-Technica ATH-W11JPN 65000 Yen

36 RudiStor Chroma MD1 $990

37 RudiStor Chroma MD1 Signature $1250

38 Stax Omega 180,000 yen

39 Ultrasone Edition 10 3350 $

 

 

 

Information is taken thereof forum, catalogue, and other sites from net.

http://www.headphonereviews.org/search.php?action=searchSimple&driverType=0&headphoneType=0&headbandType=0&minPrice=&maxPrice=&sortColumn=price

 

http://20cheaddatebase.web.fc2.com/list.html

 

http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki//index.php?title=Main_Page

 

Please, for fullness analysis sound earphone, do the estimation on conditional scheme, on 100-score to scale :

1. High

2. Mids

3. Bass

4. Soundstage

5. Resolution

6. Rock

7. Classic

8. Jazz

9. Pop

10. Total estimations of the sound

 

Example:

Sennheiser        HE90

1. 85

2. 97

3. 93

4. 87

5. 95

6. 81

7. 94

8. 90

9. 88

10. 90

 

Best regards.


Edited by Kashtan - 8/3/10 at 3:23pm
post #2 of 21

Wow...it will take some time to post all the details, but i think is a good idea for those who own expensive cans. 

post #3 of 21

I think the HP-2s were under $1000 when they were being sold. *Yeah bozebuttons got it right*

 

And while this seems to be a good idea, there won't be any definitive rankings. For example, some people may love the L3000, while others will think they have too much bass. Don't even get me started on the DT48.

 

AND I SEE NO STAX OMEGA OR ERGO AMT. This makes me a sad panda. And the HE-Audio Jade's missing, and I'm sure a few others. W11JPN and a couple other AT woodies?


Edited by Ishcabible - 7/6/10 at 7:51am
post #4 of 21

Grado HP1000 prices MSRP when sold new

HP1=$595

HP2=$495

HP3=$395 (only 50 made)

post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 

All thanks.

Realy omega not 007?

post #6 of 21
View Post

 

 

Please, for fullness analysis sound earphone, do the estimation on conditional scheme, on 100-score to scale :

1. High

2. Mids

3. Bass

4. Soundstage

5. Resolution

6. Rock

7. Classic

8. Jazz

9. Pop

10. Total estimations of the sound

 

Example:

Sennheiser        HE90

1. 85

2. 97

3. 93

4. 87

5. 95

6. 81

7. 94

8. 90

9. 88

10. 90

 

Best regards.

Suggestion. Comfort (ergonomics) of headphones should be included also. for example HD800 = 100, Edition9 = 40, LCD2 = 55. Those numbers would change overall score drastically. It's not fair to have high score headphones if you can't wear them for more than 20 minutes.

 


Edited by Markj - 7/6/10 at 8:08pm
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
post #8 of 21

Aren't the SR-007s more expensive than $1850? The store where I live sells it at HK$30,000 which is about US$3800. Or maybe their just ripping people off.

post #9 of 21
Thread Starter 

But it is necessary to think.

If will else be information about comfort headphones, others.

post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

 

AND I SEE NO STAX OMEGA OR ERGO AMT.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashtan View Post

 

Has Solved to do the full list, hope me in this will help. :)

1 Sennheiser     HE90 $7500

2 Sony  MDR-R10 $4000

3 Ultrasone        Edition 7 $3000

4 Sony  Q010-MDR1 $2600

5 Stax SR-007 $1850

6 Audio-Technica ATH-L3000 $2600

7TakeT H2+     JPY 150,000

8 Ultrasone        Edition 9 $1500

9 Ultrasone        Edition 8 $1,499

10 Stax4070 $1499

11Grado  PS-1000 $1,695

12Grado  GS-1000i $995

13 Ergo A.M.T.  - 830,00 €

14 Grado             PS1 $1400

15 Sennheiser   HD-800 $1399

16 Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 $1,295

17 Audio-Technica          ATH-W2002 $1000

18 Audio-Technica          ATH-W5000 $700

19 JVC-Victor HP-DX1000 $959

20 Grado             HP1000  $750

21  Sennheiser  HE60 $700

22 AKGK1000 $600

23 AKG K340 $300

24 Beyerdynamic DT-48 $300

25 Denon AH-D7000 $899

26 Audeze LCD-2 $945

27 HifiMAN HE-6 $1600

28. Stax Sigma Pro JPY 46,000 (retail price)

29 Jecklin Float Electrostat $1200

30 Grado HP1  $595
31 Grado HP2  $495
32 Grado HP3  $395 (only 50 made)

33 Sennheiser HD 1000 Charlston 65000 Yen

34 Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold 64000 Yen

35 Audio-Technica ATH-W11JPN 65000 Yen

 

post #11 of 21

Well the K340's only $300, which is cheaper than most. If you're going that low, then that opens a whole can of worms. Most Audio Technicas have a list price of over $300 too.

 

I thought the K340's were a bit more than $300 too.

post #12 of 21

Are the prices MSRP or 'street price'?

post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 

http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki//index.php?title=Stax_SR-007

http://www.amazon.co.jp/スタックス-SR-007A-STAX-コンデンサー型イヤースピーカー/dp/B0013D3BPE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278524426&sr=8-1

Around 1850$


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBananaMan View Post

Aren't the SR-007s more expensive than $1850? The store where I live sells it at HK$30,000 which is about US$3800. Or maybe their just ripping people off.

post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 

This it is correct.

I have bought AKG K340 for 79 Euro. But this model 1979 year, 300 $ retail price.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

Well the K340's only $300, which is cheaper than most. If you're going that low, then that opens a whole can of worms. Most Audio Technicas have a list price of over $300 too.

 

I thought the K340's were a bit more than $300 too.

post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashtan View Post

This it is correct.

I have bought AKG K340 for 79 Euro. But this model 1979 year, 300 $ retail price.
 


 


Hmm, strange.

 

And no, the Omega isn't the 007. The 007 is the Omega 2.

 

Omega.jpg

 

http://hometheaterreview.com/stax-sr--omega-headphones-reviewed/

 

1695 pounds when reviewed. One of my dream headphones.

 

The Ergo AMT is 734 pounds.


Edited by Ishcabible - 7/7/10 at 12:04pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › List of best & expensive headphones ever made (full-size)