Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson HA-160tagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 7/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/20/10
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by System, 7/6/10
- brandQablestagged by System, 7/6/10
- productQables iQube v1tagged by System, 7/6/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Most Transparent SS <$1000 Last post on 4/22/11 at 4:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions Last post on 9/11/14 at 10:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160D + HD 650!! Last post on 7/1/11 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 + Senn HD650 = a great match?? other amps that going well with HD650 are also welcomed Last post on 10/20/11 at 9:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
If you could own ONE amp it would be ____? - Page 3post #31 of 767/23/10 at 2:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 767/24/10 at 6:43pmpost #33 of 767/24/10 at 6:56pm
shouldn't a woo audio 5 be better than WA5 light edition? Since it coasts $650 more, shouldn't it be technically superior? It also makes a terrific speaker amp, So that would instantly get my vote.post #34 of 767/24/10 at 7:00pmpost #35 of 767/24/10 at 7:34pmpost #36 of 767/27/10 at 5:36pmThread Starterpost #37 of 767/28/10 at 9:12ampost #38 of 767/28/10 at 9:35am
Thankfully I own my dream dynamic amp...which is a WA5 :) I'm still working on getting a pair of efficient speakers to make the most out of it though. The amp really grows on you with time along with break in (especially with Vcaps and Blackgates). The tube selection really brings this amp to another level compared to the stock tubes. The amp has been pretty much killer with the HD800 and even more so with the LCD-2 headphones!post #39 of 767/28/10 at 10:15am
Basedon what Jack has told me there is no difference techanically other than the speaker and K1000 outputs. Other than that they are identical. If you are not going to use it with speakers then invest the extra $650 in better tubes or electronic upgrades.
I am expecting Jack will ship my Black WA5-LE tomorrow. It ordreded it with parts upgrade, sockets upgrade, EML 300B Mesh, EML 5U4G mesh and Treasure CV-181Z. I also have already waiting some Tungsol BGRP 6SN7GT and Tungsol BGRP 6F8G tubes. The amp also has upgraded WBT Nextgen RCA and OCC copper wiring and Cardas Eutectic solder.post #40 of 767/28/10 at 2:21pm
I tried several amps SS and Tube. Many costing double & triple the price of the Burson. Not a single one convinced my ears that they were worth the price Difference. In my case, more expensive did not equate to better. And I am Happy!post #41 of 767/28/10 at 3:14pmThread Starterpost #42 of 767/28/10 at 3:53pmQuote:
This thread is about what amp we'd want if we could have only one. If someone wants to choose an Altoids it's their choice. Who are you to say "No"?
Go post in another thread where opinions as to the relative value of the Burson and or Meier is more appropriate. Noobpost #43 of 767/28/10 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #44 of 767/28/10 at 7:39pm
Pretty self righteous reply. It still doesn't change my mind though. I would still choose Burson. That's my opinion, which is what the person asked for. Actually looked at Meier and was not impressed otherwise I would have bought one and said it was my favorite. Respect other peoples opinions dude.
post #45 of 767/28/10 at 8:27pm
My Hagerman Castanet. I love everything about it, even after trying it against other nice amps. If I had to pick one, it would be its dynamism, I am now able to hear subtle variation in playing volume. Or its instrument separation and imaging. Or the naturalness of the notes it plays. Or the quality and quantity of its bass.
And that's with $100 Alessandro MS-1i.
- If you could own ONE amp it would be ____?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 1 minute ago
- › Good sleeping in ear headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 5 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for a compact, single-box solution for the HD600?... 8 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 9 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)