Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson HA-160tagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 7/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/20/10
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by System, 7/6/10
- brandQablestagged by System, 7/6/10
- productQables iQube v1tagged by System, 7/6/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Most Transparent SS <$1000 Last post on 4/22/11 at 4:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions Last post on 12/2/13 at 7:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160D + HD 650!! Last post on 7/1/11 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 + Senn HD650 = a great match?? other amps that going well with HD650 are also welcomed Last post on 10/20/11 at 9:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a Review of Brainwavz S5 in-ear monitors. http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html I was a little cautious approaching the review of the latest flagship in-ear model from Brainwavz. With a...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 superior if...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
I will start by saying I went through 3 of these. All of which were under warranty, and I was by no means rough with them. The sound was nice, it had a decent bass compared to any of my other...
- Headphone Impedance
If you could own ONE amp it would be ____? - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
shouldn't a woo audio 5 be better than WA5 light edition? Since it coasts $650 more, shouldn't it be technically superior? It also makes a terrific speaker amp, So that would instantly get my vote.
Thankfully I own my dream dynamic amp...which is a WA5 :) I'm still working on getting a pair of efficient speakers to make the most out of it though. The amp really grows on you with time along with break in (especially with Vcaps and Blackgates). The tube selection really brings this amp to another level compared to the stock tubes. The amp has been pretty much killer with the HD800 and even more so with the LCD-2 headphones!
Basedon what Jack has told me there is no difference techanically other than the speaker and K1000 outputs. Other than that they are identical. If you are not going to use it with speakers then invest the extra $650 in better tubes or electronic upgrades.
I am expecting Jack will ship my Black WA5-LE tomorrow. It ordreded it with parts upgrade, sockets upgrade, EML 300B Mesh, EML 5U4G mesh and Treasure CV-181Z. I also have already waiting some Tungsol BGRP 6SN7GT and Tungsol BGRP 6F8G tubes. The amp also has upgraded WBT Nextgen RCA and OCC copper wiring and Cardas Eutectic solder.
I tried several amps SS and Tube. Many costing double & triple the price of the Burson. Not a single one convinced my ears that they were worth the price Difference. In my case, more expensive did not equate to better. And I am Happy!
This thread is about what amp we'd want if we could have only one. If someone wants to choose an Altoids it's their choice. Who are you to say "No"?
Go post in another thread where opinions as to the relative value of the Burson and or Meier is more appropriate. Noob
Pretty self righteous reply. It still doesn't change my mind though. I would still choose Burson. That's my opinion, which is what the person asked for. Actually looked at Meier and was not impressed otherwise I would have bought one and said it was my favorite. Respect other peoples opinions dude.
My Hagerman Castanet. I love everything about it, even after trying it against other nice amps. If I had to pick one, it would be its dynamism, I am now able to hear subtle variation in playing volume. Or its instrument separation and imaging. Or the naturalness of the notes it plays. Or the quality and quantity of its bass.
And that's with $100 Alessandro MS-1i.
- If you could own ONE amp it would be ____?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The NIKON Thread (Talk About Nikon Stuff here) 20 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › 7/26/14 Seattle Redhook Meet impressions 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › Spare cable for JH13 Pro. 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by twister6
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)