Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson HA-160tagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 7/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/20/10
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by System, 7/6/10
- brandQablestagged by System, 7/6/10
- productQables iQube v1tagged by System, 7/6/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Most Transparent SS <$1000 Last post on 4/22/11 at 4:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions Last post on 3/31/16 at 12:23am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160D + HD 650!! Last post on 7/1/11 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 + Senn HD650 = a great match?? other amps that going well with HD650 are also welcomed Last post on 10/20/11 at 9:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
First of all, I would like to thank Shozy for the review sample of Shozy Zero! Website: http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ I believe what makes Shozy Zero unique is the wooden...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
If you could own ONE amp it would be ____? - Page 3post #31 of 767/23/10 at 2:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 767/24/10 at 6:43pmpost #33 of 767/24/10 at 6:56pm
shouldn't a woo audio 5 be better than WA5 light edition? Since it coasts $650 more, shouldn't it be technically superior? It also makes a terrific speaker amp, So that would instantly get my vote.post #34 of 767/24/10 at 7:00pmpost #35 of 767/24/10 at 7:34pmpost #36 of 767/27/10 at 5:36pmThread Starterpost #37 of 767/28/10 at 9:12ampost #38 of 767/28/10 at 9:35am
Thankfully I own my dream dynamic amp...which is a WA5 :) I'm still working on getting a pair of efficient speakers to make the most out of it though. The amp really grows on you with time along with break in (especially with Vcaps and Blackgates). The tube selection really brings this amp to another level compared to the stock tubes. The amp has been pretty much killer with the HD800 and even more so with the LCD-2 headphones!post #39 of 767/28/10 at 10:15am
Basedon what Jack has told me there is no difference techanically other than the speaker and K1000 outputs. Other than that they are identical. If you are not going to use it with speakers then invest the extra $650 in better tubes or electronic upgrades.
I am expecting Jack will ship my Black WA5-LE tomorrow. It ordreded it with parts upgrade, sockets upgrade, EML 300B Mesh, EML 5U4G mesh and Treasure CV-181Z. I also have already waiting some Tungsol BGRP 6SN7GT and Tungsol BGRP 6F8G tubes. The amp also has upgraded WBT Nextgen RCA and OCC copper wiring and Cardas Eutectic solder.post #40 of 767/28/10 at 2:21pm
I tried several amps SS and Tube. Many costing double & triple the price of the Burson. Not a single one convinced my ears that they were worth the price Difference. In my case, more expensive did not equate to better. And I am Happy!post #41 of 767/28/10 at 3:14pmThread Starterpost #42 of 767/28/10 at 3:53pmQuote:
This thread is about what amp we'd want if we could have only one. If someone wants to choose an Altoids it's their choice. Who are you to say "No"?
Go post in another thread where opinions as to the relative value of the Burson and or Meier is more appropriate. Noobpost #43 of 767/28/10 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #44 of 767/28/10 at 7:39pm
Pretty self righteous reply. It still doesn't change my mind though. I would still choose Burson. That's my opinion, which is what the person asked for. Actually looked at Meier and was not impressed otherwise I would have bought one and said it was my favorite. Respect other peoples opinions dude.
post #45 of 767/28/10 at 8:27pm
My Hagerman Castanet. I love everything about it, even after trying it against other nice amps. If I had to pick one, it would be its dynamism, I am now able to hear subtle variation in playing volume. Or its instrument separation and imaging. Or the naturalness of the notes it plays. Or the quality and quantity of its bass.
And that's with $100 Alessandro MS-1i.
- If you could own ONE amp it would be ____?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Looking for suggestions on BA IEMs 35 seconds ago
- › RMAF 2016? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Please help find an alternative for Denon AH-D2000 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Good Points for a Hi-Fi review? 4 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...