Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson HA-160tagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 7/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/20/10
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by System, 7/6/10
- brandQablestagged by System, 7/6/10
- productQables iQube v1tagged by System, 7/6/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Most Transparent SS <$1000 Last post on 4/22/11 at 4:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions Last post on 2/18/15 at 3:36pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160D + HD 650!! Last post on 7/1/11 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 + Senn HD650 = a great match?? other amps that going well with HD650 are also welcomed Last post on 10/20/11 at 9:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I owned two PA2V2 and while it's good value amp, it had far too many flaws to my liking. Gary however provided excellent customer support throughout the whole time. Ended up with O2 and I'm...
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
If you could own ONE amp it would be ____? - Page 3post #31 of 767/23/10 at 2:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 767/24/10 at 6:43pmpost #33 of 767/24/10 at 6:56pm
shouldn't a woo audio 5 be better than WA5 light edition? Since it coasts $650 more, shouldn't it be technically superior? It also makes a terrific speaker amp, So that would instantly get my vote.post #34 of 767/24/10 at 7:00pmpost #35 of 767/24/10 at 7:34pmpost #36 of 767/27/10 at 5:36pmThread Starterpost #37 of 767/28/10 at 9:12ampost #38 of 767/28/10 at 9:35am
Thankfully I own my dream dynamic amp...which is a WA5 :) I'm still working on getting a pair of efficient speakers to make the most out of it though. The amp really grows on you with time along with break in (especially with Vcaps and Blackgates). The tube selection really brings this amp to another level compared to the stock tubes. The amp has been pretty much killer with the HD800 and even more so with the LCD-2 headphones!post #39 of 767/28/10 at 10:15am
Basedon what Jack has told me there is no difference techanically other than the speaker and K1000 outputs. Other than that they are identical. If you are not going to use it with speakers then invest the extra $650 in better tubes or electronic upgrades.
I am expecting Jack will ship my Black WA5-LE tomorrow. It ordreded it with parts upgrade, sockets upgrade, EML 300B Mesh, EML 5U4G mesh and Treasure CV-181Z. I also have already waiting some Tungsol BGRP 6SN7GT and Tungsol BGRP 6F8G tubes. The amp also has upgraded WBT Nextgen RCA and OCC copper wiring and Cardas Eutectic solder.post #40 of 767/28/10 at 2:21pm
I tried several amps SS and Tube. Many costing double & triple the price of the Burson. Not a single one convinced my ears that they were worth the price Difference. In my case, more expensive did not equate to better. And I am Happy!post #41 of 767/28/10 at 3:14pmThread Starterpost #42 of 767/28/10 at 3:53pmQuote:
This thread is about what amp we'd want if we could have only one. If someone wants to choose an Altoids it's their choice. Who are you to say "No"?
Go post in another thread where opinions as to the relative value of the Burson and or Meier is more appropriate. Noobpost #43 of 767/28/10 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #44 of 767/28/10 at 7:39pm
Pretty self righteous reply. It still doesn't change my mind though. I would still choose Burson. That's my opinion, which is what the person asked for. Actually looked at Meier and was not impressed otherwise I would have bought one and said it was my favorite. Respect other peoples opinions dude.
post #45 of 767/28/10 at 8:27pm
My Hagerman Castanet. I love everything about it, even after trying it against other nice amps. If I had to pick one, it would be its dynamism, I am now able to hear subtle variation in playing volume. Or its instrument separation and imaging. Or the naturalness of the notes it plays. Or the quality and quantity of its bass.
And that's with $100 Alessandro MS-1i.
- If you could own ONE amp it would be ____?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 28 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 1 minute ago
- › FT: New Koss Pro4AA Titanium 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 ***Canada*** 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 4 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 26 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2