Recent Images In This Thread
- productBurson HA-160tagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 7/8/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 7/20/10
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by System, 7/6/10
- brandQablestagged by System, 7/6/10
- productQables iQube v1tagged by System, 7/6/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone amp upgrade for HD 650 and Xonar Essence STX Last post on 6/12/12 at 4:30pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Most Transparent SS <$1000 Last post on 4/22/11 at 4:34pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- REVIEW : Burson Audio HA-160 with listening impressions Last post on 12/2/13 at 7:48pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA-160D + HD 650!! Last post on 7/1/11 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson HA160 + Senn HD650 = a great match?? other amps that going well with HD650 are also welcomed Last post on 10/20/11 at 9:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share if it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
If you could own ONE amp it would be ____? - Page 3post #31 of 767/23/10 at 2:38pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 767/24/10 at 6:43pmpost #33 of 767/24/10 at 6:56pm
shouldn't a woo audio 5 be better than WA5 light edition? Since it coasts $650 more, shouldn't it be technically superior? It also makes a terrific speaker amp, So that would instantly get my vote.post #34 of 767/24/10 at 7:00pmpost #35 of 767/24/10 at 7:34pmpost #36 of 767/27/10 at 5:36pmThread Starterpost #37 of 767/28/10 at 9:12ampost #38 of 767/28/10 at 9:35am
Thankfully I own my dream dynamic amp...which is a WA5 :) I'm still working on getting a pair of efficient speakers to make the most out of it though. The amp really grows on you with time along with break in (especially with Vcaps and Blackgates). The tube selection really brings this amp to another level compared to the stock tubes. The amp has been pretty much killer with the HD800 and even more so with the LCD-2 headphones!post #39 of 767/28/10 at 10:15am
Basedon what Jack has told me there is no difference techanically other than the speaker and K1000 outputs. Other than that they are identical. If you are not going to use it with speakers then invest the extra $650 in better tubes or electronic upgrades.
I am expecting Jack will ship my Black WA5-LE tomorrow. It ordreded it with parts upgrade, sockets upgrade, EML 300B Mesh, EML 5U4G mesh and Treasure CV-181Z. I also have already waiting some Tungsol BGRP 6SN7GT and Tungsol BGRP 6F8G tubes. The amp also has upgraded WBT Nextgen RCA and OCC copper wiring and Cardas Eutectic solder.post #40 of 767/28/10 at 2:21pm
I tried several amps SS and Tube. Many costing double & triple the price of the Burson. Not a single one convinced my ears that they were worth the price Difference. In my case, more expensive did not equate to better. And I am Happy!post #41 of 767/28/10 at 3:14pmThread Starterpost #42 of 767/28/10 at 3:53pmQuote:
This thread is about what amp we'd want if we could have only one. If someone wants to choose an Altoids it's their choice. Who are you to say "No"?
Go post in another thread where opinions as to the relative value of the Burson and or Meier is more appropriate. Noobpost #43 of 767/28/10 at 4:38pmThread Starterpost #44 of 767/28/10 at 7:39pm
Pretty self righteous reply. It still doesn't change my mind though. I would still choose Burson. That's my opinion, which is what the person asked for. Actually looked at Meier and was not impressed otherwise I would have bought one and said it was my favorite. Respect other peoples opinions dude.
post #45 of 767/28/10 at 8:27pm
My Hagerman Castanet. I love everything about it, even after trying it against other nice amps. If I had to pick one, it would be its dynamism, I am now able to hear subtle variation in playing volume. Or its instrument separation and imaging. Or the naturalness of the notes it plays. Or the quality and quantity of its bass.
And that's with $100 Alessandro MS-1i.
- If you could own ONE amp it would be ____?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Band Name Game II 33 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 51 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 1 minute ago
- › [For Sale] Fostex TH-900 (Like New) 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 3 minutes ago
- › HE-400(or 400i?), HD695, or something better 4 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)