Just wanted to start a thread on headphones that should not be bought because of one reason or another... in truth, i wanted to make sure that nobody else gets ripped off buying overpriced stuff like i did so i'll start the list with Urbanz block dj headphones... they cost about S$90 and don't sound too good, cables go bad after a while(3 weeks) and looks ugly....^^
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandBOSEtagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandSkull Candytagged by System, 8/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Crash course headphones help. Last post on 7/15/10 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 4/14/15 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats By Dre Tour Headphones - Want to replace earbud tips, what's best/will fit? Last post on 7/10/10 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
Bad headphones...post #1 of 527/4/10 at 12:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 527/4/10 at 1:24am
Many (if not all) headphones/earphones by Skullcandy. They are overpriced for the quality and are mainly built for looks. I own the Asym and Ink'd and they are terrible, definitely not built for SQ. If you buy Skullcandy, the money you spend is going into looks and not quality.
Beat by Dr Dre (Monster) maybe? They have some good aspects but are mostly built for show, and cost about $280.post #3 of 527/4/10 at 2:09ampost #4 of 527/4/10 at 3:56am
I had some students who are twins and each got some Wesc headphones on the same trip.
I asked if I could try them, plugged them into my Bitperfect, and thought... ugh, these sound worse than my Sony MDR-V150s, which are the worst headphones I've ever owned. Then I let them listen to my DBI Pro 700.post #5 of 527/4/10 at 4:36ampost #6 of 527/4/10 at 4:48am
This thread has already slipped into slagging off the usual suspects, which is not very constructive. Using this sites own reviews section, the worst headphones are;post #7 of 527/4/10 at 5:29am
Of course this is all very subjective and to the individuals preference. I am sure there are people out there who love the Bose sound. I am not one of them but if someone enjoys listening to Triports then that's fair enough IMO.
I use mine for the isolation when drumming and have had to re-solder a new cable once already so the build quality is not up to scratch in my experience with them.post #8 of 527/4/10 at 5:43ampost #9 of 527/4/10 at 5:56am
I think the review section will be a lot more useful once it's more populated. At this point, it seems that people are mostly writing reviews of the things they use often and enjoy.
This, of course, totally makes sense, since who would buy something horrible just to write it up?post #10 of 527/4/10 at 8:14am
Products made by Monster which is overpriced you're buying it because of the signature same goes for skullcandy, and the one you mention probably because of the design and build which i find it weak the market is focused mostly on teens, as long they find it snazzy crazy psychedelic the kids will buy itpost #11 of 527/4/10 at 8:17ampost #12 of 527/4/10 at 8:20ampost #13 of 527/4/10 at 9:40am
The K81 may have too much bass and the comfort isn't great to start with, but with some bass reduction EQ and a little headband stretching they're actually not too bad for the price (UK at least) in my opinion.post #14 of 527/4/10 at 10:48am
- Bad headphones...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC) 6 minutes ago
- › Is it better to upgrade directly to the STAX SR-009 or get the... 7 minutes ago
- › How come treble peaks are well above the frequency range of most... 7 minutes ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 9 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy a new pair or earbuds. What brand/model should I get? 12 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 13 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)