Just wanted to start a thread on headphones that should not be bought because of one reason or another... in truth, i wanted to make sure that nobody else gets ripped off buying overpriced stuff like i did so i'll start the list with Urbanz block dj headphones... they cost about S$90 and don't sound too good, cables go bad after a while(3 weeks) and looks ugly....^^
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandBOSEtagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandSkull Candytagged by System, 8/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Crash course headphones help. Last post on 7/15/10 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 5/5/13 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats By Dre Tour Headphones - Want to replace earbud tips, what's best/will fit? Last post on 7/10/10 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
Bad headphones...post #1 of 527/4/10 at 12:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 527/4/10 at 1:24am
Many (if not all) headphones/earphones by Skullcandy. They are overpriced for the quality and are mainly built for looks. I own the Asym and Ink'd and they are terrible, definitely not built for SQ. If you buy Skullcandy, the money you spend is going into looks and not quality.
Beat by Dr Dre (Monster) maybe? They have some good aspects but are mostly built for show, and cost about $280.post #3 of 527/4/10 at 2:09ampost #4 of 527/4/10 at 3:56am
I had some students who are twins and each got some Wesc headphones on the same trip.
I asked if I could try them, plugged them into my Bitperfect, and thought... ugh, these sound worse than my Sony MDR-V150s, which are the worst headphones I've ever owned. Then I let them listen to my DBI Pro 700.post #5 of 527/4/10 at 4:36ampost #6 of 527/4/10 at 4:48am
This thread has already slipped into slagging off the usual suspects, which is not very constructive. Using this sites own reviews section, the worst headphones are;post #7 of 527/4/10 at 5:29am
Of course this is all very subjective and to the individuals preference. I am sure there are people out there who love the Bose sound. I am not one of them but if someone enjoys listening to Triports then that's fair enough IMO.
I use mine for the isolation when drumming and have had to re-solder a new cable once already so the build quality is not up to scratch in my experience with them.post #8 of 527/4/10 at 5:43ampost #9 of 527/4/10 at 5:56am
I think the review section will be a lot more useful once it's more populated. At this point, it seems that people are mostly writing reviews of the things they use often and enjoy.
This, of course, totally makes sense, since who would buy something horrible just to write it up?post #10 of 527/4/10 at 8:14am
Products made by Monster which is overpriced you're buying it because of the signature same goes for skullcandy, and the one you mention probably because of the design and build which i find it weak the market is focused mostly on teens, as long they find it snazzy crazy psychedelic the kids will buy itpost #11 of 527/4/10 at 8:17ampost #12 of 527/4/10 at 8:20ampost #13 of 527/4/10 at 9:40am
The K81 may have too much bass and the comfort isn't great to start with, but with some bass reduction EQ and a little headband stretching they're actually not too bad for the price (UK at least) in my opinion.post #14 of 527/4/10 at 10:48am
- Bad headphones...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 48 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › SF Bay Area mini-meet 2 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 6 minutes ago
- › HD800+$500 amp?Or HD600 + $1500 amp? 6 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude