Just wanted to start a thread on headphones that should not be bought because of one reason or another... in truth, i wanted to make sure that nobody else gets ripped off buying overpriced stuff like i did so i'll start the list with Urbanz block dj headphones... they cost about S$90 and don't sound too good, cables go bad after a while(3 weeks) and looks ugly....^^
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandBOSEtagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandSkull Candytagged by System, 8/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Crash course headphones help. Last post on 7/15/10 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 4/14/15 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats By Dre Tour Headphones - Want to replace earbud tips, what's best/will fit? Last post on 7/10/10 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Bad headphones...post #1 of 527/4/10 at 12:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 527/4/10 at 1:24am
Many (if not all) headphones/earphones by Skullcandy. They are overpriced for the quality and are mainly built for looks. I own the Asym and Ink'd and they are terrible, definitely not built for SQ. If you buy Skullcandy, the money you spend is going into looks and not quality.
Beat by Dr Dre (Monster) maybe? They have some good aspects but are mostly built for show, and cost about $280.post #3 of 527/4/10 at 2:09ampost #4 of 527/4/10 at 3:56am
I had some students who are twins and each got some Wesc headphones on the same trip.
I asked if I could try them, plugged them into my Bitperfect, and thought... ugh, these sound worse than my Sony MDR-V150s, which are the worst headphones I've ever owned. Then I let them listen to my DBI Pro 700.post #5 of 527/4/10 at 4:36ampost #6 of 527/4/10 at 4:48am
This thread has already slipped into slagging off the usual suspects, which is not very constructive. Using this sites own reviews section, the worst headphones are;post #7 of 527/4/10 at 5:29am
Of course this is all very subjective and to the individuals preference. I am sure there are people out there who love the Bose sound. I am not one of them but if someone enjoys listening to Triports then that's fair enough IMO.
I use mine for the isolation when drumming and have had to re-solder a new cable once already so the build quality is not up to scratch in my experience with them.post #8 of 527/4/10 at 5:43ampost #9 of 527/4/10 at 5:56am
I think the review section will be a lot more useful once it's more populated. At this point, it seems that people are mostly writing reviews of the things they use often and enjoy.
This, of course, totally makes sense, since who would buy something horrible just to write it up?post #10 of 527/4/10 at 8:14am
Products made by Monster which is overpriced you're buying it because of the signature same goes for skullcandy, and the one you mention probably because of the design and build which i find it weak the market is focused mostly on teens, as long they find it snazzy crazy psychedelic the kids will buy itpost #11 of 527/4/10 at 8:17ampost #12 of 527/4/10 at 8:20ampost #13 of 527/4/10 at 9:40am
The K81 may have too much bass and the comfort isn't great to start with, but with some bass reduction EQ and a little headband stretching they're actually not too bad for the price (UK at least) in my opinion.post #14 of 527/4/10 at 10:48am
- Bad headphones...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 28 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 vs Shure SE846? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Benjie S5 Offical Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear