Just wanted to start a thread on headphones that should not be bought because of one reason or another... in truth, i wanted to make sure that nobody else gets ripped off buying overpriced stuff like i did so i'll start the list with Urbanz block dj headphones... they cost about S$90 and don't sound too good, cables go bad after a while(3 weeks) and looks ugly....^^
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandBOSEtagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandSkull Candytagged by System, 8/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Crash course headphones help. Last post on 7/15/10 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 4/14/15 at 8:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats By Dre Tour Headphones - Want to replace earbud tips, what's best/will fit? Last post on 7/10/10 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
First of all, I would like to thank Shozy for the review sample of Shozy Zero! Website: http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ I believe what makes Shozy Zero unique is the wooden...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
Bad headphones...post #1 of 527/4/10 at 12:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 527/4/10 at 1:24am
Many (if not all) headphones/earphones by Skullcandy. They are overpriced for the quality and are mainly built for looks. I own the Asym and Ink'd and they are terrible, definitely not built for SQ. If you buy Skullcandy, the money you spend is going into looks and not quality.
Beat by Dr Dre (Monster) maybe? They have some good aspects but are mostly built for show, and cost about $280.post #3 of 527/4/10 at 2:09ampost #4 of 527/4/10 at 3:56am
I had some students who are twins and each got some Wesc headphones on the same trip.
I asked if I could try them, plugged them into my Bitperfect, and thought... ugh, these sound worse than my Sony MDR-V150s, which are the worst headphones I've ever owned. Then I let them listen to my DBI Pro 700.post #5 of 527/4/10 at 4:36ampost #6 of 527/4/10 at 4:48am
This thread has already slipped into slagging off the usual suspects, which is not very constructive. Using this sites own reviews section, the worst headphones are;post #7 of 527/4/10 at 5:29am
Of course this is all very subjective and to the individuals preference. I am sure there are people out there who love the Bose sound. I am not one of them but if someone enjoys listening to Triports then that's fair enough IMO.
I use mine for the isolation when drumming and have had to re-solder a new cable once already so the build quality is not up to scratch in my experience with them.post #8 of 527/4/10 at 5:43ampost #9 of 527/4/10 at 5:56am
I think the review section will be a lot more useful once it's more populated. At this point, it seems that people are mostly writing reviews of the things they use often and enjoy.
This, of course, totally makes sense, since who would buy something horrible just to write it up?post #10 of 527/4/10 at 8:14am
Products made by Monster which is overpriced you're buying it because of the signature same goes for skullcandy, and the one you mention probably because of the design and build which i find it weak the market is focused mostly on teens, as long they find it snazzy crazy psychedelic the kids will buy itpost #11 of 527/4/10 at 8:17ampost #12 of 527/4/10 at 8:20ampost #13 of 527/4/10 at 9:40am
The K81 may have too much bass and the comfort isn't great to start with, but with some bass reduction EQ and a little headband stretching they're actually not too bad for the price (UK at least) in my opinion.post #14 of 527/4/10 at 10:48am
- Bad headphones...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Looking for suggestions on BA IEMs 41 seconds ago
- › RMAF 2016? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Please help find an alternative for Denon AH-D2000 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Good Points for a Hi-Fi review? 4 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...