Just wanted to start a thread on headphones that should not be bought because of one reason or another... in truth, i wanted to make sure that nobody else gets ripped off buying overpriced stuff like i did so i'll start the list with Urbanz block dj headphones... they cost about S$90 and don't sound too good, cables go bad after a while(3 weeks) and looks ugly....^^
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats by Dr. Dre Tour Mobile In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (White)tagged by System, 8/26/10
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandBOSEtagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/26/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/26/10
- brandSkull Candytagged by System, 8/26/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Crash course headphones help. Last post on 7/15/10 at 10:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Monster Beats By Dr.Dre Studio vs V-moda Crossfade LP vs Sennhesier HD428 review . Last post on 5/5/13 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats By Dre Tour Headphones - Want to replace earbud tips, what's best/will fit? Last post on 7/10/10 at 3:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
www.krish-tech.com INTRODUCTION M AUDIO BX5 D2 is a studio monitor,which means that it is mostly used for mixing in studios but that doesn't mean it's not a good desktop speakers in...
[Impression] iFi nano iDSD and iCAN with a splash of iPurifer iFi Audio has gained a great success over its Micro line of small sized desktop gears, and now it is pushing into the portable world...
I will try to keep it short... I guess... Tracks I tested on these were 320 vbit mp3s and flac, random genres with some of my favorites in Electronic, Dance Pop, Rock, Alternative and Enka (yes...
First of all, I'd like to thank Fiio for opportunity to test X1 among first. As long reviews in english isn't really my cup of tea, I'll simply share my brief thoughts about X1 — I really like...
Bad headphones...post #1 of 527/4/10 at 12:54amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 527/4/10 at 1:24am
Many (if not all) headphones/earphones by Skullcandy. They are overpriced for the quality and are mainly built for looks. I own the Asym and Ink'd and they are terrible, definitely not built for SQ. If you buy Skullcandy, the money you spend is going into looks and not quality.
Beat by Dr Dre (Monster) maybe? They have some good aspects but are mostly built for show, and cost about $280.post #3 of 527/4/10 at 2:09ampost #4 of 527/4/10 at 3:56am
I had some students who are twins and each got some Wesc headphones on the same trip.
I asked if I could try them, plugged them into my Bitperfect, and thought... ugh, these sound worse than my Sony MDR-V150s, which are the worst headphones I've ever owned. Then I let them listen to my DBI Pro 700.post #5 of 527/4/10 at 4:36ampost #6 of 527/4/10 at 4:48am
This thread has already slipped into slagging off the usual suspects, which is not very constructive. Using this sites own reviews section, the worst headphones are;post #7 of 527/4/10 at 5:29am
Of course this is all very subjective and to the individuals preference. I am sure there are people out there who love the Bose sound. I am not one of them but if someone enjoys listening to Triports then that's fair enough IMO.
I use mine for the isolation when drumming and have had to re-solder a new cable once already so the build quality is not up to scratch in my experience with them.post #8 of 527/4/10 at 5:43ampost #9 of 527/4/10 at 5:56am
I think the review section will be a lot more useful once it's more populated. At this point, it seems that people are mostly writing reviews of the things they use often and enjoy.
This, of course, totally makes sense, since who would buy something horrible just to write it up?post #10 of 527/4/10 at 8:14am
Products made by Monster which is overpriced you're buying it because of the signature same goes for skullcandy, and the one you mention probably because of the design and build which i find it weak the market is focused mostly on teens, as long they find it snazzy crazy psychedelic the kids will buy itpost #11 of 527/4/10 at 8:17ampost #12 of 527/4/10 at 8:20ampost #13 of 527/4/10 at 9:40am
The K81 may have too much bass and the comfort isn't great to start with, but with some bass reduction EQ and a little headband stretching they're actually not too bad for the price (UK at least) in my opinion.post #14 of 527/4/10 at 10:48am
- Bad headphones...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 8 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 25 seconds ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oh Schiit, it's the end of the world! Announcing Ragnarok. 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K495 Bowers & Wilkins p7 & Klipsch Status Headphones. 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000 Review 4 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Grado Labs PS500e by xylin6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Typhoon859
- › Future Sonics mg6pro by Kunlun
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by LeoTheAwesome
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by fxim
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)