Though the DACport is an Adaptive USB implementation, all reviews say its a top choice. I think the Pico's amp section would again be better than the DACport but for ultimate portability, you really can't go wrong with a DACport.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryDigital Coaxial Cablestagged by System, 7/6/10
- productHeadAmp pico Portable Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
- productHeadAmp pico USB DAC/Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
- productibasso D10 Cobratagged by System, 7/6/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- PICO AMP/DAC and Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/18/10 at 10:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- UPDATED 2/22 REVIEW 13 USB DAC amp - Predator, Pico, 2/3MOVE, D10 D3 D2 Viper/Boa D1, Lyrix,... Last post on 5/13/13 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Mid - High End DAC/AMP Combos (Please Rate) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Pico DAC/AMP or just an amp? Last post on 9/27/11 at 10:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
Portable DAC/Amp advice? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 197/8/10 at 3:40pm
Hmmm... dunno why nobody mentioned the Leckerton Audio UHA-6. Have a look!
You can find a little review and some opinions (amongst others from me) here. If you understand german (or know how to interpret the google-translator's gibberish ;)), you'll perhaps find my own review of the UHA-6 helpful, too. Heck, if your budget is tight, you could even consider a refurbished UHA-3, as it's dead silent, rock solid and well-built. I used the UHA-3 with my TF10 and Audéo PFE112 and was more than satisfied... you can find my review here. (again in german)
bearmannpost #18 of 197/11/10 at 6:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Trogdor
The sound stage argument is a myth. What happens is folks go balanced and the volume is louder since you have double the power on tap so it gets interpreted as greater sound stage. With headphones in general, ESPECIALLY IEMs, balanced output makes very little sense. I suppose once can argue about balanced GROUND but with IEMs, balanced output is a waste of time (I wish you could DBT say the Protector with a single-ended Protector, I would bet my JH-3A preoder you couldn't tell the difference). One of the biggest myths perpetrated on this site by some vendors is that balanced == better when it comes to headphones. There is a REASON why all the professional monitoring equipment has single ended headphone outputs (and its not because of cost). You get very little gain if any when used with headphones. Ok, rant over.
Well, the two amp sections are different overall, if I recall, and that would also have to bring cable differences (also contested territory) into it, for a double whammy/proving neither DBT.
If you supply the equipment I'd take that bet. =P
Also, you make a good arguement for not going balanced. I'm still GOING to, mostly because placebo is an awesome awesome power, but it's fairly debatable territory.post #19 of 197/11/10 at 9:21am
- Portable DAC/Amp advice?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 3 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 13 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 , Hifiman HM901 26 seconds ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › My HE-5LE just died again! 3 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob