Though the DACport is an Adaptive USB implementation, all reviews say its a top choice. I think the Pico's amp section would again be better than the DACport but for ultimate portability, you really can't go wrong with a DACport.
- categoryAmp DACstagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryDigital Coaxial Cablestagged by System, 7/6/10
- productHeadAmp pico Portable Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
- productHeadAmp pico USB DAC/Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
- productibasso D10 Cobratagged by System, 7/6/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/6/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- PICO AMP/DAC and Woo Audio WA6 Last post on 7/18/10 at 10:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- UPDATED 2/22 REVIEW 13 USB DAC amp - Predator, Pico, 2/3MOVE, D10 D3 D2 Viper/Boa D1, Lyrix,... Last post on 5/13/13 at 12:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Mid - High End DAC/AMP Combos (Please Rate) Last post on 12/12/12 at 8:35am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best DAC/Amp Combo with a Cowon J3 and Westone 3? Last post on 9/3/12 at 6:11pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Pico DAC/AMP or just an amp? Last post on 9/27/11 at 10:23pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Portable DAC/Amp advice? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hmmm... dunno why nobody mentioned the Leckerton Audio UHA-6. Have a look!
You can find a little review and some opinions (amongst others from me) here. If you understand german (or know how to interpret the google-translator's gibberish ;)), you'll perhaps find my own review of the UHA-6 helpful, too. Heck, if your budget is tight, you could even consider a refurbished UHA-3, as it's dead silent, rock solid and well-built. I used the UHA-3 with my TF10 and Audéo PFE112 and was more than satisfied... you can find my review here. (again in german)
The sound stage argument is a myth. What happens is folks go balanced and the volume is louder since you have double the power on tap so it gets interpreted as greater sound stage. With headphones in general, ESPECIALLY IEMs, balanced output makes very little sense. I suppose once can argue about balanced GROUND but with IEMs, balanced output is a waste of time (I wish you could DBT say the Protector with a single-ended Protector, I would bet my JH-3A preoder you couldn't tell the difference). One of the biggest myths perpetrated on this site by some vendors is that balanced == better when it comes to headphones. There is a REASON why all the professional monitoring equipment has single ended headphone outputs (and its not because of cost). You get very little gain if any when used with headphones. Ok, rant over.
Well, the two amp sections are different overall, if I recall, and that would also have to bring cable differences (also contested territory) into it, for a double whammy/proving neither DBT.
If you supply the equipment I'd take that bet. =P
Also, you make a good arguement for not going balanced. I'm still GOING to, mostly because placebo is an awesome awesome power, but it's fairly debatable territory.
- Portable DAC/Amp advice?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Owners Unite 24 seconds ago
- › Battlefield 4 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 3 minutes ago
- › modmic 4 to ps4 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 vs Fostex TH-900? 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 5 minutes ago
- › hifiman he400i/hd650 (taiwan only) 5 minutes ago
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2