Is the 02 capable of driving the 600ohm DT880?
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 7/19/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- FS/FT PRICE DROP Excellent condition Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (600 ohm) Last post on 7/16/13 at 7:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Confused by versions of the beyerdynamic dt880 Last post on 7/12/12 at 11:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Xonar DX or Xonar DG for Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohms Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:09am in Computer Audio
- beyerdynamics dt880 600ohm headphone amplifier with 48v phantom power together ? Last post on 8/9/11 at 4:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
Beyerdynamics DT880 - 250ohm or 600ohm? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6812/30/12 at 1:23ampost #63 of 683/21/13 at 3:57am
Hey there. Im a headphone noob, usually use monitors but cant for a while.. Im thinking of getting the 600 ohms, but I use a Presonus Audiobox with my computer. Its rated at 30mW @ 60ohm. will this be sufficient to run these bad boys? Im assuming not =( Will the 250 ohms even run well with my soundcard?post #64 of 683/22/13 at 11:26am
Thanks a lot stv014, ur answer was really helpful. I wasn't aware of different efficiency at a same impedance but it makes sense that even if my K702 sounds really good, they are unefficient. I wonder though if we can really trust most company when they say the amp in their soundcard or portable device and so on.. handles up to 600ohm or if it's often just marketing ******** because 600 looks so extreme, if only I could find a place to test the unit before buying it but these headphone are impossible to find other than on Internet, at least in Canada :/post #65 of 685/9/14 at 2:50pm
I just wanna add that I am a very happy 250ohm DT880 owner
the main reason for not getting the 600ohm version was simply i didnt want to 'loose' half my audio equipment due to it not being powerful enough to drive them adequetly
Also, the 250 cans are said to be great for reference so the thought of 600's having a 'boosted low and high end' didn't appeal - for me the more neutral the better
I love the sound of these cans dearly - they do have a characteristic sound. I sometimes feel if they were slightly less warm in the low mids they would be perfect [for me!] but then I think this would make them a bit too neutral, so maybe they are perfect as they are?!
Whether this idea was right or wrong, who can say :) but they make me smile and I have had some serious 'audiophilic' moments with them!
these guys say it better than I have!
Edited by jon parker - 5/9/14 at 2:52pmpost #66 of 685/11/14 at 8:28am
Holy thread resurection! I'll just add that I finaly sold my K702 for about 200-220$ then I bought the DT880 Premium in 250ohm version and I am more than very pleased with them. They're even better globaly than my K702 though I prefered the wider soundstage of AKG but that's about it. You can read my whole review at the link below. Else I'll quickly add that I use it on my (Cowon S9) mp3 player with a (Fiio E12) amp and on my computer I plug it directly in my (Soundblaster Zxr) soundcard and it's extremly good in Battlefield 4 for sound quality and virtual surround.
http://secure1.ncix.com/products/productreviewdetail.php?id=204402post #67 of 685/11/14 at 9:29pm
"Oh yea and it's the PREMIUM version on NCIX by the way, not the inferior PRO version."
And who, pray tell, told you that the Pro was inferior? It is of course the same phone.
Otherwise, very nice review, though the font could be a touch larger for my aging eyes. And, oh yes, I'm very pleased to hear that you have 'a ton of hairs'.post #68 of 685/13/14 at 11:26amQuote:
Ya I know they share the same drivers and there isn't much difference but it still not exactly the same as you can read HERE.
1- Coiled cable.
2- More head clamp
3- Different esthetic
Oh as for the small font, you can simply hold CTRL then press + :)
- Beyerdynamics DT880 - 250ohm or 600ohm?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audiophile level quality meets Pop - The Piano Guys 27 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 28 seconds ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 29 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 33 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Nordost Heimdall headphone cable 1 minute ago
- › Best Budget 2.1 as of 2014 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Westone ES60 unboxing and first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)