Is the 02 capable of driving the 600ohm DT880?
- brandBeyerdynamictagged by System, 7/19/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 880 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphonetagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/19/10
- categoryOn Eartagged by System, 7/19/10
Related Forum Threads
- FS/FT PRICE DROP Excellent condition Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro (600 ohm) Last post on 7/16/13 at 7:19am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- AD700 vs DT770 (any ohms) vs DT880 (any ohms,non-premium) vs DT990 (any ohms, non-premium)... Last post on 9/11/12 at 7:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Confused by versions of the beyerdynamic dt880 Last post on 7/12/12 at 11:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Xonar DX or Xonar DG for Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohms Last post on 8/26/11 at 8:09am in Computer Audio
- beyerdynamics dt880 600ohm headphone amplifier with 48v phantom power together ? Last post on 8/9/11 at 4:58am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
Beyerdynamics DT880 - 250ohm or 600ohm? - Page 5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 6812/30/12 at 1:23ampost #63 of 683/21/13 at 3:57am
Hey there. Im a headphone noob, usually use monitors but cant for a while.. Im thinking of getting the 600 ohms, but I use a Presonus Audiobox with my computer. Its rated at 30mW @ 60ohm. will this be sufficient to run these bad boys? Im assuming not =( Will the 250 ohms even run well with my soundcard?post #64 of 683/22/13 at 11:26am
Thanks a lot stv014, ur answer was really helpful. I wasn't aware of different efficiency at a same impedance but it makes sense that even if my K702 sounds really good, they are unefficient. I wonder though if we can really trust most company when they say the amp in their soundcard or portable device and so on.. handles up to 600ohm or if it's often just marketing ******** because 600 looks so extreme, if only I could find a place to test the unit before buying it but these headphone are impossible to find other than on Internet, at least in Canada :/post #65 of 685/9/14 at 2:50pm
I just wanna add that I am a very happy 250ohm DT880 owner
the main reason for not getting the 600ohm version was simply i didnt want to 'loose' half my audio equipment due to it not being powerful enough to drive them adequetly
Also, the 250 cans are said to be great for reference so the thought of 600's having a 'boosted low and high end' didn't appeal - for me the more neutral the better
I love the sound of these cans dearly - they do have a characteristic sound. I sometimes feel if they were slightly less warm in the low mids they would be perfect [for me!] but then I think this would make them a bit too neutral, so maybe they are perfect as they are?!
Whether this idea was right or wrong, who can say :) but they make me smile and I have had some serious 'audiophilic' moments with them!
these guys say it better than I have!
Edited by jon parker - 5/9/14 at 2:52pmpost #66 of 685/11/14 at 8:28am
Holy thread resurection! I'll just add that I finaly sold my K702 for about 200-220$ then I bought the DT880 Premium in 250ohm version and I am more than very pleased with them. They're even better globaly than my K702 though I prefered the wider soundstage of AKG but that's about it. You can read my whole review at the link below. Else I'll quickly add that I use it on my (Cowon S9) mp3 player with a (Fiio E12) amp and on my computer I plug it directly in my (Soundblaster Zxr) soundcard and it's extremly good in Battlefield 4 for sound quality and virtual surround.
http://secure1.ncix.com/products/productreviewdetail.php?id=204402post #67 of 685/11/14 at 9:29pm
"Oh yea and it's the PREMIUM version on NCIX by the way, not the inferior PRO version."
And who, pray tell, told you that the Pro was inferior? It is of course the same phone.
Otherwise, very nice review, though the font could be a touch larger for my aging eyes. And, oh yes, I'm very pleased to hear that you have 'a ton of hairs'.post #68 of 685/13/14 at 11:26amQuote:
Ya I know they share the same drivers and there isn't much difference but it still not exactly the same as you can read HERE.
1- Coiled cable.
2- More head clamp
3- Different esthetic
Oh as for the small font, you can simply hold CTRL then press + :)
- Beyerdynamics DT880 - 250ohm or 600ohm?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 14 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 43 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 2 minutes ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 3 minutes ago
- › [IC] STAX SR-007A + SRM-717 (240V) 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Programs used for HiFi listening 6 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)