Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd Digital Interface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-gd Digital Interface - Page 261

post #3901 of 4020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktm777 View Post

From Audio-Gd site:  

"We only have sale the DI-PSU , we have not stock and sale the Lithium-ion battery or universal DC power supply" :-(

 

I may have had a hand in that. Li-ion batteries are restricted to import to Australia and AGD tried for a months to send mine before we worked out why they kept being rejected and returned.

I didnt notice a difference between a battery and the PSU but the upgrade from USB power was a magical moment.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #3902 of 4020

Both NFB11.32 and NFB15.32 which is shipping since 11th oct. 2012 can connect the SPDIF output , let it working as an USB to SPDIF conerter.

The operate without solder necessary, just connect the RCA or BNC socket the output on board socket proper.

 

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB11.32/NFB11.32EN_Custom.htm

post #3903 of 4020

On an free/inexpensive side note for those of you that have a battery pack or the psu, try taping the outermost pins of your usb cable part that plugs into your computer (pins 1 and 4, the ground and +5V pins). You'd need something like an exacto knife as well as electrical tape for this. The reason being is that even though the DI-V3 doesn't draw power from usb when using the psu/battery, computer noise can still be sent along the cable. This idea came from head-fi user "somestranger26" in the reference 10 thread, so props go to him. (I've googled around and not everyone has reported a difference a crossed a wide range of usb enabled dacs. Some of those dacs required the ground be left un-taped to be recognized by windows/osx/linux, but that doesn't seem to be an issue with audio-gd usb32 systems. Just thought i'd spread the word.)

post #3904 of 4020

as far as i know in usb-32 case those pins aren't even connected while it's not being fed from PC.

so, while in 99% of other usb-receivers this would give a result, in usb-32 case those actions are pretty useless

post #3905 of 4020
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0gg View Post

as far as i know in usb-32 case those pins aren't even connected while it's not being fed from PC.

so, while in 99% of other usb-receivers this would give a result, in usb-32 case those actions are pretty useless

 

The pins are still physically connected and could possibly send computer noise. Switching the DI-V3 from usb mode to psu mode doesn't magically disconnect the ground and +5V, it just doesn't use them to draw power for operation anymore. Just because the DI-V3 isn't drawing anything intentionally doesn't mean the computer itself isn't sending anything by accident.

post #3906 of 4020
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzxgene View Post

The pins are still physically connected and could possibly send computer noise. Switching the DI-V3 from usb mode to psu mode doesn't magically disconnect the ground and +5V

 

It's a switch, nothing magical about it, when switched to DC IN, the contacts connect the power supply to DC IN and disconnect USB.  You know... like a switch.

post #3907 of 4020
I have a DI V1 w/PSU but never use it because the built in USB on my NFB-8 sounds better even though it isn't async.

Just got a DI V3 a few days ago which I use with bnc to NFB-8 and it is a big step up in sound in every way.
post #3908 of 4020

I'd love to see John Darko's write up on the USB32 V3.  I believe he has his eye on revisiting the DI.  Love to hear where it stands beside the AP2 and Concero at 1/3 the price :D

post #3909 of 4020

hi guys,

can someone explain to me what does this do?

 

I'm currently on essence stx, but making a jump to the NFB 3.33 soon, just doing abit more research to see what else i need before i make the plunge to save on shipping.

 

My set up is Computer, Speakers ( Adam A3X, Active Speakers). And when im using the NFB 3.33, it should be Comp > nfb 3.33 > speakers.

 

how will this DI thing help? or its of no use to me

post #3910 of 4020
Quote:

Originally Posted by bruiselee View Post

 

hi guys,

can someone explain to me what does this do?

 

I'm currently on essence stx, but making a jump to the NFB 3.33 soon, just doing abit more research to see what else i need before i make the plunge to save on shipping.

 

My set up is Computer, Speakers ( Adam A3X, Active Speakers). And when im using the NFB 3.33, it should be Comp > nfb 3.33 > speakers.

 

how will this DI thing help? or its of no use to me

 

The NFB-3.33 has USB-32 input (same as the DI) so I don't see any benefit getting the DI in your case.  You will be fine with PC > NFB-3.33 > speakers.

 

The main purpose of a DI is to convert PC's USB to SPDIF coaxial output, then send that digital signal to a DAC with coaxial input.  Good for situations like, if you want to use USB but your DAC doesn't have USB and only has coax input.

post #3911 of 4020

Do the Adam feature volume controle? The NFB-3.33 does not.

post #3912 of 4020

Well A3X are active speakers, so they have volume control..

post #3913 of 4020
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenki14 View Post

Well A3X are active speakers, so they have volume control..

 

All active monitors don't necessarily have (e.g. the Focal solo6 don't), hence my question wink.gif

post #3914 of 4020

they do :)

but i control the volume via windows using hotkeys on my keyboard  (razer blackwidow) , i find it much easier than turning knobs.

post #3915 of 4020
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post

 

All active monitors don't necessarily have (e.g. the Focal solo6 don't), hence my question wink.gif

 

I wasn't aware of active speakers without volume control, but it was easy enough to google and find that the A3X have volume control anyway... redface.gif


Edited by zenki14 - 7/19/13 at 6:04am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd Digital Interface