Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd Digital Interface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-gd Digital Interface - Page 244

post #3646 of 4055

it works in Jplay-win8, but you cannot use buffer lower than 256 (that means that you can't use xstream engine)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #3647 of 4055
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0gg View Post

it works in Jplay-win8, but you cannot use buffer lower than 256 (that means that you can't use xstream engine)

 

Is this a limitation on Win8 only?

post #3648 of 4055

that's a limitation of DI v3. (behaves the same in Win7 - i've tried)

i've got a really powerful audioPC in my dualPC setup (xeon e1230, 8gb ram@7-7-7-20) and at buffer 128 i get hiccups. at 64 there's no sound at all.

for example, DI-DSP worked in Directlink nicely


Edited by kr0gg - 3/30/13 at 4:25am
post #3649 of 4055
What's the unit? Samples? ms?
post #3650 of 4055

samples in Jplay

post #3651 of 4055
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0gg View Post

that's a limitation of DI v3. (behaves the same in Win7 - i've tried)

i've got a really powerful audioPC in my dualPC setup (xeon e1230, 8gb ram@7-7-7-20) and at buffer 128 i get hiccups. at 64 there's no sound at all.

for example, DI-DSP worked in Directlink nicely

So, DI-V3 seams to be a step back comparing to DI-DSP? I'm curious, why Kingwa does not make any serious tests of his products before releasing them? Hi's sending people to ask forum about their problems. It's not the DIY product :-(((  But at least  it's money saving - you don't need to spend them on JPlay :-)

post #3652 of 4055
There's much more than just the buffer size at play. Pretty much every one who tried both said the V3 was better or, in the worst case, just as good.

It's cheaper and has (much) better drivers.
It was a nice move from kingwa to find an alternative to the tenor chip, a better one at that. The Conductor users would have appreciated Burson did the same ;-)
post #3653 of 4055
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0gg View Post

that's a limitation of DI v3. (behaves the same in Win7 - i've tried)

i've got a really powerful audioPC in my dualPC setup (xeon e1230, 8gb ram@7-7-7-20) and at buffer 128 i get hiccups. at 64 there's no sound at all.

for example, DI-DSP worked in Directlink nicely


That is using ASIO? Did you tried KS ou WASAPI?

post #3654 of 4055

that's using KS

i've made a mistake though. i listen at 128 buffers, not 256

 

doesn't save the day anyway, since Xtream engine works only on buffers up to 32


Edited by kr0gg - 4/1/13 at 7:09am
post #3655 of 4055
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0gg View Post

that's using KS

i've made a mistake though. i listen at 128 buffers, not 256

 

doesn't save the day anyway, since Xtream engine works only on buffers up to 32


With WASAPI is the same?

 

Maybe some new driver version could improve this...

post #3656 of 4055

i don't use WASAPI - it's by nature inferior to KS

post #3657 of 4055
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0gg View Post

i don't use WASAPI - it's by nature inferior to KS
Why you say that?

JRiver devs have a different opinion:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes
post #3658 of 4055
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsu View Post


Why you say that?

JRiver devs have a different opinion:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Audio_Output_Modes

I don't think that J-River page is an opinion of the quality of Kernel Streaming versus other modes.  Kernel streaming does not always work while wasapi has become the most stable output mode.  Under normal conditions there is really no difference in sound quality between event style and KS so J-river recommends the former because its more stable.  I think Wasapi may be more prone to hardware interrupts than KS though so KS is better for people who work on the same computers they store their music on.  I have a dedicated server that does nothing but play music so I can't tell any difference between the two. 

post #3659 of 4055
Ok, but what I want to know is if we can use DI-V3 with lower buffer using WASAPI... ;-)
post #3660 of 4055

How low are you talking?  I don't see why you couldn't, you will just run into the same problems as anyone else if the buffer gets too low, then you can just nudge it up until the problems dissipate.  It really depends on your individual computer so trial and error is the only way to find out how small of a buffer you can use.    

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd Digital Interface