Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd Digital Interface
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audio-gd Digital Interface - Page 226

post #3376 of 4039
Excellent news! ;-)

Hope it still has coaxial as input...
Edited by rdsu - 12/1/12 at 7:35am

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #3377 of 4039

Excellent news. It would be great if DI-DSP / DI-V2 users could be upgraded to USB32 too.

post #3378 of 4039

That's bad news actually.

That means that Kingwa doesn't care about his customers and there will be no fixing for TE8802 problems.

And yes, Kingwa says that it can't be upgraded to usb32.

After using Audio-gd gear for some years (had their Compass, FUN, nfb-11, DAC19, DI-1, DI-DSP) i guess it's time to say "goodbye" to them.

This is not a good attitude towards customers at all.

post #3379 of 4039
You have to look at it from Kingwa's perspective though, nobody knows how/if/when decent drivers could be obtained from tenor as we were not handling the situation. Im sure Kingwa did not make the decision lightly. Other manufacturers are starting to use the new tenor usb so maybe if they all pressure tenor they will look into their drivers, or maybe many more people will have the frustration of compatibility issues with the new tenor usb chip.
post #3380 of 4039
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0gg View Post

That's bad news actually.

That means that Kingwa doesn't care about his customers and there will be no fixing for TE8802 problems.

And yes, Kingwa says that it can't be upgraded to usb32.

After using Audio-gd gear for some years (had their Compass, FUN, nfb-11, DAC19, DI-1, DI-DSP) i guess it's time to say "goodbye" to them.

This is not a good attitude towards customers at all.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drez View Post

You have to look at it from Kingwa's perspective though, nobody knows how/if/when decent drivers could be obtained from tenor as we were not handling the situation. Im sure Kingwa did not make the decision lightly. Other manufacturers are starting to use the new tenor usb so maybe if they all pressure tenor they will look into their drivers, or maybe many more people will have the frustration of compatibility issues with the new tenor usb chip.

 

 

That's definitely true from Kingwa's position... but what if a major manufacturer put out a laptop that didn't quite work and then "promised" a fix later. A few months later, they decide that piece of hardware doesn't work and they no longer work towards a solution. The customer gets stiffed pretty badly on this one. 

post #3381 of 4039

We applied TE8802 or give up TE8802, TENOR still working on the driver and ignor if we still applied.

They only replied us until March 2013, they won't release any driver.

They tell us the new driver will release at March 2013 .

post #3382 of 4039

The TE8802 is also used in the TEAC DAC. The TE8802 does work, but not all functions are currently available with the existing drivers. It is not uncommon in the computer industry that updated drivers are released at a far later date that add extra functionality. PC users familiar with the Windows OS are very much aware of that. It hasn't stopped anyone that I know of from buying a PC and installing updated drivers even years later. So the comments about the TE8802 used in that case are really short sighted.
 

post #3383 of 4039

you wouldn't buy a videocard which turns off and reboots your computer a few times every hour.

Years, you say? 2, 3, etc??

 

I don't know who on Earth would live with such a videocard even for a month. The problem for end-users is that shipping to China and back costs a lot.

IMO, that is a clear reason for a total product recall or at least a massive discount on the new bug-free version of the product.


Edited by kr0gg - 12/4/12 at 1:36am
post #3384 of 4039
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0gg View Post

you wouldn't buy a videocard which turns off and reboots your computer a few times every hour.

Years, you say? 2, 3, etc??

 

I don't know who on Earth would live with such a videocard even for a month. The problem for end-users is that shipping to China and back costs a lot.

IMO, that is a clear reason for a total product recall or at least a massive discount on the new bug-free version of the product.

Who said this won't be the case?

 

Tenor is to blame first. Did any Burson users complain about the TE8802 in the Conductor so far?

post #3385 of 4039
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0gg View Post

you wouldn't buy a videocard which turns off and reboots your computer a few times every hour.

 

I wouldn't buy a PC and even risk having to deal with that (I've had a vanilla Windows install crap itself after installing the latest drivers from a video card manufacturer). That is why I own a Mac (and an XBox for gaming). smile.gif

post #3386 of 4039

DI V3 is officially out - based on the USB-32 as expected: http://audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/DIv3/DIv3EN.htm


Edited by seaice - 12/6/12 at 10:49pm
post #3387 of 4039

I have had an early version of this for a couple of months. It is pretty solid, no crashes or hiccups like the TE8022 (although I never had issues with my main rig, only the NFB-16/TE8022 with my older Vista laptop). If I had to say there was an improvement, it would be a blacker background and an overall very clean sound. I feel like there is less of a digital sound to things vs the TE8022 DI (upsampled in particular). All subtle of course.

 

Not sure why people are spending hundreds+ on converters- zero noise, zero artifacts to my ears for $128 is a no brainer.

post #3388 of 4039

An upgrade plan for DI-DSP users would be nice

post #3389 of 4039

i don't quite get the point of having a coax-in on the new one since they don't have DSP and i guess it was exactly the DSP that provided the de-jittering

i guess they also don't have upsampling, right?


Edited by kr0gg - 12/7/12 at 2:30am
post #3390 of 4039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post

An upgrade plan for DI-DSP users would be nice


Return your DI V2

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › Audio-gd Digital Interface