I just stumbled upon this thread...so does anyone know how much this will cost and when its coming out?
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone amplifiers to go with headphones? Last post on 9/25/10 at 12:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 or D1 for my setup ? Last post on 8/27/10 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review Thread Last post on 11/11/14 at 10:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio DAC/Amp Last post on 12/29/14 at 11:14pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Last post on 9/15/11 at 2:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
I bought these a year ago now and they are holding up great with my Vector Research amplifier. Bass is on 10 Mid on 6 and treble on 8. They sound fantastic and don't make any buzzing noises. I wear...
Here a short first-impressions-review of the AH-MM400. First of all let me mention that I am very fond of the previous Denon top models, be it the AH-D7000 or the AH-D7100; as such my...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
- Headphone Impedance
Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Edited by _Spanky_ - 7/12/10 at 2:02pm
From the other thread:
I believe Ryan is currently aiming for a release near the end of this month.
Edit: Damn you Spanky, are you F5ing this thread? :)
Not fast enough reiserFS :P
ROFL no, just subscription notice and I knew where the answer was.
So, sorry for my ignorance, this is just an amp. Right?
No dac included, so i guess that is a better amp than the D1?
Am i right? Because i'm looking for an amp (i'm planning to but a pair of DT880 600) and i never had one in my life (same for a dac).
The A1 is a dedicated tube headphone amp and power hybrid amp all in one box. The headphone amp section of it should be higher quality than the one in the D1, Ryan has said it is better. That said, whenever you buy a product you have to think of all the features and part of the cost of the A1 is it's power amp section so it's not a $200 tube headphone amp. I would suggest getting dedicated sepearate units, that's what I'm going to be moving towards. With all that said, the D1 and A1 are designed to have a good synergy between them but IMO, if you're not going to use the headphone amp (or any other features of the D1), your money is a bit wasted. The D1 is great as a foot in the door product. You can buy it and then down the road buy a quality tube amp and connect it to the D1, it's flexibility is what makes it great.
If you guys don't mind, try to keep the discussions in the discussion thread :) There's links at the top of the FAQ and discussion threads.
Attention everyone, this is a very important message for anyone trying to get to the Maverick Audio website. I just got an e-mail from Ryan saying the following:
This means that any e-mail chat you have going with Ryan will have to continue with a new e-mail on the site http://www.mav-audio.com/base/support Ryan will try to get the old domain back but, for now, use the new one.
Edited by _Spanky_ - 8/10/10 at 12:25pm
Sure it works, I tried it.
I just got my A1 yestarday, It's awesome.
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 11 seconds ago
- › FS: Asus Xonar Essence One MUSES Edition 34 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 36 seconds ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 42 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 51 seconds ago
- › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › High resolution music vs mp3. 1 minute ago
- › Southeastern Michigan Spring Meet 03.14.2015 - Hosted by Overture... 1 minute ago
- › Need help to find my path - hd650/600 vs K7xx vs Fidelio x2 vs... 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)