I just stumbled upon this thread...so does anyone know how much this will cost and when its coming out?
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone amplifiers to go with headphones? Last post on 9/25/10 at 12:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 or D1 for my setup ? Last post on 8/27/10 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review Thread Last post on 3/6/16 at 4:10pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio DAC/Amp Last post on 8/28/16 at 1:10am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Last post on 9/15/11 at 2:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread - Page 2post #16 of 987/12/10 at 1:57pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #17 of 987/12/10 at 2:00pmThread StarterQuote:
Edited by _Spanky_ - 7/12/10 at 2:02pmpost #18 of 987/12/10 at 2:01pmQuote:
From the other thread:Quote:A1 will be priced at $199 for Chinese 6J1 tube. We will also have the unit with 2 matched NOS Tung-Sol 6AK5 tube for $239
I believe Ryan is currently aiming for a release near the end of this month.
Edit: Damn you Spanky, are you F5ing this thread? :)post #19 of 987/12/10 at 2:02pmThread Starter
Not fast enough reiserFS :P
ROFL no, just subscription notice and I knew where the answer was.post #20 of 987/12/10 at 6:18pmThread Starterpost #21 of 987/26/10 at 6:17am
So, sorry for my ignorance, this is just an amp. Right?
No dac included, so i guess that is a better amp than the D1?
Am i right? Because i'm looking for an amp (i'm planning to but a pair of DT880 600) and i never had one in my life (same for a dac).
post #22 of 987/26/10 at 6:22ampost #23 of 987/26/10 at 6:25ampost #24 of 987/26/10 at 12:35pmThread Starter
The A1 is a dedicated tube headphone amp and power hybrid amp all in one box. The headphone amp section of it should be higher quality than the one in the D1, Ryan has said it is better. That said, whenever you buy a product you have to think of all the features and part of the cost of the A1 is it's power amp section so it's not a $200 tube headphone amp. I would suggest getting dedicated sepearate units, that's what I'm going to be moving towards. With all that said, the D1 and A1 are designed to have a good synergy between them but IMO, if you're not going to use the headphone amp (or any other features of the D1), your money is a bit wasted. The D1 is great as a foot in the door product. You can buy it and then down the road buy a quality tube amp and connect it to the D1, it's flexibility is what makes it great.
If you guys don't mind, try to keep the discussions in the discussion thread :) There's links at the top of the FAQ and discussion threads.post #25 of 987/29/10 at 11:02amThread Starterpost #26 of 988/1/10 at 4:19pmThread Starterpost #27 of 988/4/10 at 6:52pmThread Starterpost #28 of 988/10/10 at 12:05pmThread Starter
Attention everyone, this is a very important message for anyone trying to get to the Maverick Audio website. I just got an e-mail from Ryan saying the following:Quote:
This means that any e-mail chat you have going with Ryan will have to continue with a new e-mail on the site http://www.mav-audio.com/base/support Ryan will try to get the old domain back but, for now, use the new one.
Edited by _Spanky_ - 8/10/10 at 12:25pmpost #29 of 988/14/10 at 8:55pmpost #30 of 988/17/10 at 11:30amQuote:
Sure it works, I tried it.
I just got my A1 yestarday, It's awesome.
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 31 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 32 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 2 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for Movies? 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for the right headphones ($150-$500) 2 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20 DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear