I just stumbled upon this thread...so does anyone know how much this will cost and when its coming out?
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone amplifiers to go with headphones? Last post on 9/25/10 at 12:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 or D1 for my setup ? Last post on 8/27/10 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review Thread Last post on 11/11/14 at 10:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio DAC/Amp Last post on 3/11/15 at 3:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Last post on 9/15/11 at 2:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one word comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
- Headphone Impedance
Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Edited by _Spanky_ - 7/12/10 at 2:02pm
From the other thread:
I believe Ryan is currently aiming for a release near the end of this month.
Edit: Damn you Spanky, are you F5ing this thread? :)
Not fast enough reiserFS :P
ROFL no, just subscription notice and I knew where the answer was.
So, sorry for my ignorance, this is just an amp. Right?
No dac included, so i guess that is a better amp than the D1?
Am i right? Because i'm looking for an amp (i'm planning to but a pair of DT880 600) and i never had one in my life (same for a dac).
The A1 is a dedicated tube headphone amp and power hybrid amp all in one box. The headphone amp section of it should be higher quality than the one in the D1, Ryan has said it is better. That said, whenever you buy a product you have to think of all the features and part of the cost of the A1 is it's power amp section so it's not a $200 tube headphone amp. I would suggest getting dedicated sepearate units, that's what I'm going to be moving towards. With all that said, the D1 and A1 are designed to have a good synergy between them but IMO, if you're not going to use the headphone amp (or any other features of the D1), your money is a bit wasted. The D1 is great as a foot in the door product. You can buy it and then down the road buy a quality tube amp and connect it to the D1, it's flexibility is what makes it great.
If you guys don't mind, try to keep the discussions in the discussion thread :) There's links at the top of the FAQ and discussion threads.
Attention everyone, this is a very important message for anyone trying to get to the Maverick Audio website. I just got an e-mail from Ryan saying the following:
This means that any e-mail chat you have going with Ryan will have to continue with a new e-mail on the site http://www.mav-audio.com/base/support Ryan will try to get the old domain back but, for now, use the new one.
Edited by _Spanky_ - 8/10/10 at 12:25pm
Sure it works, I tried it.
I just got my A1 yestarday, It's awesome.
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 34 seconds ago
- › What are the most comfortable IEMS you have ever tried? 1 minute ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 10 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 10 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 11 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2