I just stumbled upon this thread...so does anyone know how much this will cost and when its coming out?
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphone amplifiers to go with headphones? Last post on 9/25/10 at 12:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio Tubemagic A1 or D1 for my setup ? Last post on 8/27/10 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review Thread Last post on 11/11/14 at 10:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio DAC/Amp Last post on 5/8/15 at 10:12pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Last post on 9/15/11 at 2:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
- Headphone Impedance
Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread - Page 2
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Edited by _Spanky_ - 7/12/10 at 2:02pm
From the other thread:
I believe Ryan is currently aiming for a release near the end of this month.
Edit: Damn you Spanky, are you F5ing this thread? :)
Not fast enough reiserFS :P
ROFL no, just subscription notice and I knew where the answer was.
So, sorry for my ignorance, this is just an amp. Right?
No dac included, so i guess that is a better amp than the D1?
Am i right? Because i'm looking for an amp (i'm planning to but a pair of DT880 600) and i never had one in my life (same for a dac).
The A1 is a dedicated tube headphone amp and power hybrid amp all in one box. The headphone amp section of it should be higher quality than the one in the D1, Ryan has said it is better. That said, whenever you buy a product you have to think of all the features and part of the cost of the A1 is it's power amp section so it's not a $200 tube headphone amp. I would suggest getting dedicated sepearate units, that's what I'm going to be moving towards. With all that said, the D1 and A1 are designed to have a good synergy between them but IMO, if you're not going to use the headphone amp (or any other features of the D1), your money is a bit wasted. The D1 is great as a foot in the door product. You can buy it and then down the road buy a quality tube amp and connect it to the D1, it's flexibility is what makes it great.
If you guys don't mind, try to keep the discussions in the discussion thread :) There's links at the top of the FAQ and discussion threads.
Attention everyone, this is a very important message for anyone trying to get to the Maverick Audio website. I just got an e-mail from Ryan saying the following:
This means that any e-mail chat you have going with Ryan will have to continue with a new e-mail on the site http://www.mav-audio.com/base/support Ryan will try to get the old domain back but, for now, use the new one.
Edited by _Spanky_ - 8/10/10 at 12:25pm
Sure it works, I tried it.
I just got my A1 yestarday, It's awesome.
- Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Condensed FAQ and Info Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Review: Estron Linum BaX --- New IEM Cable for a New Age 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE 800 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for first desktop rig. Oppo HA-1, Schiit... 4 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Do you like IOS 8.4? 7 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 7 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3