Mkay:Firmware upgrade process:
1) Disconnect md11, uninstall all old drivers (if you can't get rid of all of them, you'll need to clean out the inf, dll and sys files manually just in case, or run the original installers for the versions you have installed). Reboot
2) Download temp driver
. Plug in musiland. Install the driver (if the device doesn't pick up the drivers, manually install them from device manager pointing to \Program Files\MUSILAND\MD Series\DriverBus for the musiland bus thingy in usb devices and MD11 in sound devices from \Program Files\MUSILAND\MD Series\Driver . Installation will take a bit longer than usual and apparently the device will reflash the firmware for the USB controller Don't reboot. (seriously, don't). You should see the musiland icon pop-up in the system tray is everything is ok.
3) Download and run the firmware: http://www.musiland.com.cn/downloads/utils/MlCyMDFlash.exe
Run it. This will update your device FPGA Firmware to 2.0
4) unplug the device. Uninstall the old driver. (Reboot.?)
5) Install the new driver
1)Bugs were fixed? no idea what bugs.
2)You can now only have HP OR
line out instead of both on. But you can control the vol for them separately. (to select, push the jog dial on the main screen and select the input/output). Some may have found the old way or an option to have both line/hp outs on to be very convenient (despite no separate vol control for each)
3) You CAN turn off have the device shut off the backlight after a timeout. (gooood...)
4) New meter in the control panel (for usb-in and digital in separately)...Still can't change vol from it though.
5) Mute from the device settings (long job dial press menu has been removed)
6) ??? I thought the HF roll-off was a tiny bit less, but don't quote me on that.
I'll check if there's still DC on line-out in a few hours.Edited by svyr - 11/23/10 at 5:14am