there you go mate
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Yulong DAH-1 MKII DAC/Amp + HD800? Last post on 9/2/10 at 4:25pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Great Portable/Desktop Amp and DAC/SoundCard for Sennheiser HD 558s Last post on 12/29/13 at 12:30pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Upgrading Amp, need help. Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Yulong's new flagship amp A18 Last post on 2/23/13 at 4:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- ASUS Xonar Essence STX or a Desktop amp? Last post on 6/24/14 at 5:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Review: Yulong D100 DAC/amp - reference quality with a reasonable price - Page 77post #1141 of 11783/16/14 at 6:16pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1142 of 11783/16/14 at 7:00pm
Thanks for this, but they didn't work for me. It recognizes the device, but it doesn't load any configurations. I select the device in windows and nothing.... It's recognized as the "TI Audio codec" The front of the USB device is 44.1Khz, so I think it thinks it is connected....
Any thoughts?post #1143 of 11783/17/14 at 6:20amThread Starterpost #1144 of 11783/17/14 at 2:45pm
Yea, I've tried this on two different computers. The driver is communicating with the device on some level...if I go into Windows and change the sample rate to 96K or 44.1K it will update on the display. But there is no output. :(
Maybe it's dead.post #1145 of 11783/18/14 at 5:58amThread Starterpost #1146 of 11783/18/14 at 1:05pmpost #1147 of 11783/29/14 at 2:51pmpost #1148 of 11783/29/14 at 3:31pmThread StarterQuote:
You could use any stock cable from a computer or other audio component. Or buy an affordable aftermarket cable like this one. Basically get the plug that works in your region (I assume USA?). You don't need a massive thick gauge cable, as these things don't draw a ton of power.post #1149 of 11783/29/14 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by project86
You could use any stock cable from a computer or other audio component. Or buy an affordable aftermarket cable like this one. Basically get the plug that works in your region (I assume USA?). You don't need a massive thick gauge cable, as these things don't draw a ton of power.
Thanks! I tried the cable that my printer uses and it works. This is a beautiful sounding dac/amp!
Also, I was trying to open this up because I heard something loose as I turned it upside down. Unfortunately I don't have an appropriate screwdriver for the side screws. Seems like a 1.5mm or 2mm hex screw would work. Can you confirm this?
Oh, one more thing. I'd like to hook up the coaxial out of my X3 to the optical or spdif of the D100. What kind of cable should I use?
Edited by Za Warudo - 3/29/14 at 3:42pmpost #1150 of 11783/29/14 at 4:18pmThread StarterThe noise is probably the spare fuse. They put it in the little pull out compartment next to the power plug receptacle. You wouldn't be the first person to go chasing a loose component, due to that noise! But really it's not a problem.
I'm not familiar with the X3 to know what sort of jack it has. The instructions should say though.post #1151 of 11783/29/14 at 4:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by project86
The noise is probably the spare fuse. They put it in the little pull out compartment next to the power plug receptacle. You wouldn't be the first person to go chasing a loose component, due to that noise! But really it's not a problem.
I'm not familiar with the X3 to know what sort of jack it has. The instructions should say though.
Thanks, I might eventually open it up anyway just to install some heat sinks. I think I know what cable to get for the SPDIF input.post #1152 of 11784/5/14 at 9:25ampost #1153 of 11784/7/14 at 5:18am
Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I don't think this DAC is meant to drive both the unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR outputs at the same time.
If I plug both outputs in, I get some pretty bad distortion on the XLR output above 50% volume level.post #1154 of 11784/27/14 at 12:00pmpost #1155 of 11786/18/14 at 7:22pmQuote:
Where are you detecting the distortion? Speakers? Headphones? - do you get the same distortion when using the XLR alone above 50%?
- Review: Yulong D100 DAC/amp - reference quality with a reasonable price
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › "Millett Hybrid" redux: NuHybrid headphone amp, using the Korg Nutube 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 2 minutes ago
- › Compendium of " Live At " Recordings 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo Sonica DAC (an affordable ES9038PRO Sabre DAC) 6 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear