Because, y'know, quantity of posts is what matters, not quality.
ETA: HURRR I posted this in the wrong thread. :x
Edited by Griffinhart - 6/4/12 at 5:59am
I have noticed a small problem with my yulong d 100. the right rca channel seems to have a dc off of about 5mV, where as the left one is almost at 0mV. Is there any way of adjusting this?
I started measuring this because my e12 protection of my b22 cuts off sometimes when listing to some music. My b22 without connection to the D100 MK2 is at 0mV dc offset.
R - 8.3 mV
L - 13.5
Mine is Mk. I.
Same here - about a 6mV difference (favoring the left) on mine. Mk I - I can't hear any difference.
This isn't a problem with many amps, but if you have a DC coupled amp, even a small difference can be problematic. That may be the case with the B22.
So it could very possibly be normal with this, and nothing to worry about?
Generally speaking, yes. Some less common types of amps will have issues though.
off topic: which amp of yours is your favourite for the Denons?
The YuLong D100 MK II is pretty nice, I have used it with the Sennheiser HD-650's and the Denon AH-D5000's. Selling a brand new one too if youre interested in picking one up! See my sig for the link.
The reason I figured this out, is that I built my B22 with the e12 protection circuit which happens to disengage sometimes when I listen to music.
Then I started measuring and noticed the problem. My B22 almost spot on 0.0mV. But when I connected the D100 I could suddenly measure a dc offset, which varies depending on the setting of the RK27 Pot. Then I measured my D100 without having the amp connected and it show these measurements.
Atm my b22 is only a provisional build. It has no case atm. I will also need to check all the provisionally soldered cable connections since I will be using molex connectors on the final build.
Today I readjusted all the relevant trimpots to ensure the e12 and b22 were properly setup. I will see if there is any improvment in the few hours of listening.
I will also be modifying my b22 to 5x gain instead of 8x, as soon as I get the parts. At the moment I'm using additional resistors in combination with the RK27 Pot to get a reasonable adjusting range.
Anyway, I will keep you guys posted on further developments.
It seems that my D100 is not out of the line compared to others who did the measurements (THANKS GUYS!).