Good to hear :) and sorry about the false assumption!
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze : They are excellent+how they helped me!! Last post on 9/25/11 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
LCD-2 vs. Cream Soda - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1007/9/10 at 3:05pmThread Starter
I salute your, sir, first for enjoying headphones that sound great - at a great price - and for anticipating the "HD800 vs. Your Mom Review." I don't know where you get your sources, but you are definitely onto something. You're at least three steps ahead of TMZ on this one.post #93 of 1007/10/10 at 5:58ampost #94 of 1007/10/10 at 11:42pmpost #95 of 1007/11/10 at 9:47amQuote:
post #96 of 1007/30/10 at 1:22am
hmm i always thought the cream soda was a bit metallic, at least at the 80 cents level, some hi-fi glass cased ones, pre-cooled (cubes muddle the rich flavor) will get you further, but without the proper components (ingredients) its useless, source (ingredients)->amp(temp)->cans(container)
lolpost #97 of 1007/30/10 at 9:48am
Cream soda is incredibly awesome for music. The midrange is so lush and creamy, almost liquid in nature. It's like the music is coming at you in endless waves. As for the high-end, well that's no problem. Compared to other sodas like Coca-Cola or root beer, it is very smooth, although somewhat veiled. Root beer and Coke both introduce unbearable sibilance, whereas the cream soda seems to melt away any harshness. So much so that you can take large gulps and be ready for more after the final swallow.
Now, if you're looking for a dynamic and fun soda, try out Mountain Dew Livewire. The bass is slightly recessed, but it's great for rockin' out with a larger soundstage and more 'pop' to the sound.
If you're daring, you could also make ice cubes out of other sodas, combining their individual qualities until you get what you're looking for.post #98 of 1008/20/10 at 1:53ampost #99 of 1008/30/10 at 9:28am
You should have spent more time describing the relative realism in the sound produced by the LCD-2 vs the cream soda.
Now, while I haven't heard the LCD-2, I think that the cream soda would likely sound more realistic.
- LCD-2 vs. Cream Soda
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Why would 24 bit / 192 khz flac sound any better than 16 bit / 44.1... 38 seconds ago
- › Let's try this again....need my first nice pair of headphones 1 minute ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 1 minute ago
- › Beat headphone + inbuilt MIC option? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Any good noise-isolating earbuds under $50? 3 minutes ago
- › Visit to the Schiit Box - Schiit Factory Tour 4 minutes ago
- › **Potential Meet for Atlanta Area** 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)