Good to hear :) and sorry about the false assumption!
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze : They are excellent+how they helped me!! Last post on 9/25/11 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 1/11/12 at 4:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
LCD-2 vs. Cream Soda - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1007/9/10 at 3:05pmThread Starter
I salute your, sir, first for enjoying headphones that sound great - at a great price - and for anticipating the "HD800 vs. Your Mom Review." I don't know where you get your sources, but you are definitely onto something. You're at least three steps ahead of TMZ on this one.post #93 of 1007/10/10 at 5:58ampost #94 of 1007/10/10 at 11:42pmpost #95 of 1007/11/10 at 9:47amQuote:
post #96 of 1007/30/10 at 1:22am
hmm i always thought the cream soda was a bit metallic, at least at the 80 cents level, some hi-fi glass cased ones, pre-cooled (cubes muddle the rich flavor) will get you further, but without the proper components (ingredients) its useless, source (ingredients)->amp(temp)->cans(container)
lolpost #97 of 1007/30/10 at 9:48am
Cream soda is incredibly awesome for music. The midrange is so lush and creamy, almost liquid in nature. It's like the music is coming at you in endless waves. As for the high-end, well that's no problem. Compared to other sodas like Coca-Cola or root beer, it is very smooth, although somewhat veiled. Root beer and Coke both introduce unbearable sibilance, whereas the cream soda seems to melt away any harshness. So much so that you can take large gulps and be ready for more after the final swallow.
Now, if you're looking for a dynamic and fun soda, try out Mountain Dew Livewire. The bass is slightly recessed, but it's great for rockin' out with a larger soundstage and more 'pop' to the sound.
If you're daring, you could also make ice cubes out of other sodas, combining their individual qualities until you get what you're looking for.post #98 of 1008/20/10 at 1:53ampost #99 of 1008/30/10 at 9:28am
You should have spent more time describing the relative realism in the sound produced by the LCD-2 vs the cream soda.
Now, while I haven't heard the LCD-2, I think that the cream soda would likely sound more realistic.
- LCD-2 vs. Cream Soda
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Amp recommendations for Fostex TH900? 50 seconds ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 57 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › What headphones to get? 2 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › I need a gaming headset for Xbox 360/PS3 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)