Good to hear :) and sorry about the false assumption!
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 2/19/16 at 11:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze : They are excellent+how they helped me!! Last post on 9/25/11 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 9/7/15 at 6:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I'm using this cable with my SMSL SD793-ii because its only option for a computer is its optical output. It does its job and for $8/6ft its worth it for sure. Overall just gives the user great...
-Introduction- HifiMe is a company that specializes in building bare-bones DAC with no frills, focusing entirely on price-to-performance ratios. That’s a good thing for audiophiles on a budget,...
-Introduction- It’s not often I have the chance to review products as high-end as the ZMF x Vibro MK II. I approached Zach in July, and asked for a loaner unit. One wasn’t readily available...
Firstly, many thanks to iFi for the loan of this amp. I am not affiliated with iFi, just a regular Head-Fi addict to happens to be lucky enough to get loan units now and again from the generous iFi...
The Grado SR80i presents everything very nicely, almost romantic, you can hear everything, until you start comparing. Its not the most detailed, however it is very transparent. Its soundstage is...
LCD-2 vs. Cream Soda - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1007/9/10 at 3:05pmThread Starter
I salute your, sir, first for enjoying headphones that sound great - at a great price - and for anticipating the "HD800 vs. Your Mom Review." I don't know where you get your sources, but you are definitely onto something. You're at least three steps ahead of TMZ on this one.post #93 of 1007/10/10 at 5:58ampost #94 of 1007/10/10 at 11:42pmpost #95 of 1007/11/10 at 9:47amQuote:
post #96 of 1007/30/10 at 1:22am
hmm i always thought the cream soda was a bit metallic, at least at the 80 cents level, some hi-fi glass cased ones, pre-cooled (cubes muddle the rich flavor) will get you further, but without the proper components (ingredients) its useless, source (ingredients)->amp(temp)->cans(container)
lolpost #97 of 1007/30/10 at 9:48am
Cream soda is incredibly awesome for music. The midrange is so lush and creamy, almost liquid in nature. It's like the music is coming at you in endless waves. As for the high-end, well that's no problem. Compared to other sodas like Coca-Cola or root beer, it is very smooth, although somewhat veiled. Root beer and Coke both introduce unbearable sibilance, whereas the cream soda seems to melt away any harshness. So much so that you can take large gulps and be ready for more after the final swallow.
Now, if you're looking for a dynamic and fun soda, try out Mountain Dew Livewire. The bass is slightly recessed, but it's great for rockin' out with a larger soundstage and more 'pop' to the sound.
If you're daring, you could also make ice cubes out of other sodas, combining their individual qualities until you get what you're looking for.post #98 of 1008/20/10 at 1:53ampost #99 of 1008/30/10 at 9:28am
You should have spent more time describing the relative realism in the sound produced by the LCD-2 vs the cream soda.
Now, while I haven't heard the LCD-2, I think that the cream soda would likely sound more realistic.
- LCD-2 vs. Cream Soda
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-SA 5000 (Rare) & Fiio E17 Alpen 2 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 8 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 11 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 12 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 13 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › ZMF Headphones x Vibro MK II by Cinder
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Turrican2
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Bloos
- › Arcam rHead - Discrete True-linear Class-A Analogue Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Cayin iHA-6 by Dillan
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by Dillan
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by harry501501
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...