Good to hear :) and sorry about the false assumption!
Related Forum Threads
- Audeze Customer Service....my Experience. Last post on 1/17/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS-1000 with leather Audeze Headband Last post on 9/8/11 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audeze : They are excellent+how they helped me!! Last post on 9/25/11 at 8:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Travel Case for Audez'e LCD-2 Last post on 8/12/14 at 10:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- How long does it take Audeze to ship Headphones from the time they receive payment? Last post on 4/20/11 at 2:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Admittedly, I took far too long to post this review. I wanted to try a different approach that involved becoming accustomed to the signature followed by a period without them, and then a...
FiiO has been quite successful with their X series of high resolution digital audio player. So much so that perhaps even they themselves didn’t anticipate that the company will have to shift its...
I bought these at less than half retail on a whim from Audio Advisor, looking to replace my aging Sennheiser HD 580's. Look at the picture...these are VERY NICELY made headphones! All aluminum...
The HM5 Velours are quite simply, an uber-comfortable pad for HM5/Shure/Beyer/ATH/(most large circumaural headphones). I was offered a review sample from Brainwavz and have the following to say...
Almost 2 months with these gems. I simply love these IEMs. I paired them against my Shure SE215 and the Havi B3 Pro 1 and I briefly pit them against the UE700s and Klipsch S4II. I am definitely no...
LCD-2 vs. Cream Soda - Page 7
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1007/9/10 at 3:05pmThread Starter
I salute your, sir, first for enjoying headphones that sound great - at a great price - and for anticipating the "HD800 vs. Your Mom Review." I don't know where you get your sources, but you are definitely onto something. You're at least three steps ahead of TMZ on this one.post #93 of 1007/10/10 at 5:58ampost #94 of 1007/10/10 at 11:42pmpost #95 of 1007/11/10 at 9:47amQuote:
post #96 of 1007/30/10 at 1:22am
hmm i always thought the cream soda was a bit metallic, at least at the 80 cents level, some hi-fi glass cased ones, pre-cooled (cubes muddle the rich flavor) will get you further, but without the proper components (ingredients) its useless, source (ingredients)->amp(temp)->cans(container)
lolpost #97 of 1007/30/10 at 9:48am
Cream soda is incredibly awesome for music. The midrange is so lush and creamy, almost liquid in nature. It's like the music is coming at you in endless waves. As for the high-end, well that's no problem. Compared to other sodas like Coca-Cola or root beer, it is very smooth, although somewhat veiled. Root beer and Coke both introduce unbearable sibilance, whereas the cream soda seems to melt away any harshness. So much so that you can take large gulps and be ready for more after the final swallow.
Now, if you're looking for a dynamic and fun soda, try out Mountain Dew Livewire. The bass is slightly recessed, but it's great for rockin' out with a larger soundstage and more 'pop' to the sound.
If you're daring, you could also make ice cubes out of other sodas, combining their individual qualities until you get what you're looking for.post #98 of 1008/20/10 at 1:53ampost #99 of 1008/30/10 at 9:28am
You should have spent more time describing the relative realism in the sound produced by the LCD-2 vs the cream soda.
Now, while I haven't heard the LCD-2, I think that the cream soda would likely sound more realistic.
- LCD-2 vs. Cream Soda
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 7 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 1 minute ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 2 minutes ago
- › M-Audio HDH50 - the successor to the popular Q40 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E9 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Kamakahah
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by ClieOS
- › HiFiMAN HE-300 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by JoeDoe
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by audiobean
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by donnot
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)