Iv been thinking about getting the sm3's but im worried that i wont get the most out of the iem with the eartips they supply. What would be the most comfortable and produce the best sound quality without buying customs?
Related Forum Threads
- EarSonics SM3 from Sound Earphones, help needed asap Last post on 10/1/10 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 from Soundearphones... Last post on 9/16/10 at 7:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Been Out of the IEM World, Looking For Some Advice! Last post on 9/17/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 vs. Earsonics SM3 Last post on 9/12/10 at 7:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best place to get customs for my SM3 Last post on 9/6/10 at 9:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
What are the best eartips for sm3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's only the new batches mate, although you can order them from the Earsonics website, although the postage they charge pretty much rules that out, they wanted €30 to deliver them to England. I've heard Handheld Audio may be stocking them in the near future, with a decent postage rate I hope.
The stock double silicones that ship with the new reshelled SM3s are perfect to my ears.
For me, the Shure triple flanges are perfect. I don't have the new b-flange silicones that Earsonics is shipping. Maybe I should ask for a pair. But the Shures or the Monster triples (Comply core required as adapter) are both very good.
I'm having great success with JAYS single flange silicones. They fit the stem perfectly, and create a very solid seal. They also provide a more open, spacious sound than any other universal tip I've tried on them, I think because of their slightly larger opening. Shure black foam 'olives' are also quite good on them. So, you do have options... basically try anything which fits the skinny nozzle IEMs.
- What are the best eartips for sm3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 58 seconds ago
- › Review of soundmagic es10 , es18 , creative ep600 , cowon ce1 , jbl... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Help! Looking for a good multimedia player and amp for Shure SE846 2 minutes ago
- › About to Buy!! Looking for Some Last Minute Info and Suggestions... 4 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 480II 6 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 8 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)