Iv been thinking about getting the sm3's but im worried that i wont get the most out of the iem with the eartips they supply. What would be the most comfortable and produce the best sound quality without buying customs?
Related Forum Threads
- EarSonics SM3 from Sound Earphones, help needed asap Last post on 10/1/10 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 from Soundearphones... Last post on 9/16/10 at 7:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Been Out of the IEM World, Looking For Some Advice! Last post on 9/17/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 vs. Earsonics SM3 Last post on 9/12/10 at 7:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best place to get customs for my SM3 Last post on 9/6/10 at 9:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
What are the best eartips for sm3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's only the new batches mate, although you can order them from the Earsonics website, although the postage they charge pretty much rules that out, they wanted €30 to deliver them to England. I've heard Handheld Audio may be stocking them in the near future, with a decent postage rate I hope.
The stock double silicones that ship with the new reshelled SM3s are perfect to my ears.
For me, the Shure triple flanges are perfect. I don't have the new b-flange silicones that Earsonics is shipping. Maybe I should ask for a pair. But the Shures or the Monster triples (Comply core required as adapter) are both very good.
I'm having great success with JAYS single flange silicones. They fit the stem perfectly, and create a very solid seal. They also provide a more open, spacious sound than any other universal tip I've tried on them, I think because of their slightly larger opening. Shure black foam 'olives' are also quite good on them. So, you do have options... basically try anything which fits the skinny nozzle IEMs.
- What are the best eartips for sm3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern + Shure--- do they play well together? 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 10 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 10 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 11 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)