Iv been thinking about getting the sm3's but im worried that i wont get the most out of the iem with the eartips they supply. What would be the most comfortable and produce the best sound quality without buying customs?
Related Forum Threads
- EarSonics SM3 from Sound Earphones, help needed asap Last post on 10/1/10 at 7:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonics SM3 from Soundearphones... Last post on 9/16/10 at 7:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Been Out of the IEM World, Looking For Some Advice! Last post on 9/17/10 at 6:30am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- ACS T1 vs. Earsonics SM3 Last post on 9/12/10 at 7:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- best place to get customs for my SM3 Last post on 9/6/10 at 9:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Noble BTS Review by HiFiChris Preamble: Before I start with my actual review, I want to thank Noble Audio and especially Brannan Mason for providing me with a sample of the BTS for my...
Head-Fi, Fiio X5 and me I came out of my lurking in January 2014 to join Head-Fi, I was looking for a DAP to replace my Creative Zen X-Fi's whose display had a 'black ink' spreading...
Foreword: I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts in : - live venues, - concert halls, - bars, and -...
For me, they are the best ever. Maybe someday i'll listen to something 'better'? Well, we'll see. PD: The Highs can bother some people with their 2k and 8-9k peaks. For me it's fine, but it's...
In terms of design it is good looking and cofortable. Usb is meaningless to me, my laptops built-in sound card is better sounding than that usb. Sounding bad for its price. Still is good for casual...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
What are the best eartips for sm3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That's only the new batches mate, although you can order them from the Earsonics website, although the postage they charge pretty much rules that out, they wanted €30 to deliver them to England. I've heard Handheld Audio may be stocking them in the near future, with a decent postage rate I hope.
The stock double silicones that ship with the new reshelled SM3s are perfect to my ears.
For me, the Shure triple flanges are perfect. I don't have the new b-flange silicones that Earsonics is shipping. Maybe I should ask for a pair. But the Shures or the Monster triples (Comply core required as adapter) are both very good.
I'm having great success with JAYS single flange silicones. They fit the stem perfectly, and create a very solid seal. They also provide a more open, spacious sound than any other universal tip I've tried on them, I think because of their slightly larger opening. Shure black foam 'olives' are also quite good on them. So, you do have options... basically try anything which fits the skinny nozzle IEMs.
- What are the best eartips for sm3?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: TWAG v3 6 minutes ago
- › Dog-fi 9 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle (universal shell) for sale 12 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 14 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 14 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 17 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › G430 Gaming Headset by Gonomon
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by Gonomon
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3