I'm planning on getting the re0's soon, is there anything else in it's price range i should consider?
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend a decent pair of IEM's around $100 or less? Last post on 7/21/10 at 11:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 1 or... Last post on 2/14/11 at 7:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best IEM available for ~$100? I plan to use these for ~12 hours a day. Last post on 12/24/12 at 5:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Rugged IEMs/Earphones under 100$ Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
RE0 or anything else?post #1 of 176/26/10 at 3:59pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 176/26/10 at 4:02pm
What sort of sound do you prefer? Cold and analytical? Warm and laid back? Clear but with head thumping sub-bass? Detailed and relaxed, detailed and upfront? And so on.
More than the type of music you listen to, it works best if you can describe the sort of sound signature you're looking for. Then we can give you advice.post #3 of 176/26/10 at 4:19pmThread Starterpost #4 of 176/26/10 at 4:42pmpost #5 of 176/26/10 at 4:52pmThread Starter
I'm mostly going to use them sitting down at a computer, so sedentary.
I mostly will use them in a quiet enviorment, sometimes semi-loud enviorments like a bus ride.
I don't plan on sleeping with them.
I have a fiio e5 amp.
lol I have been preparing myself for the re0's lack of bass by using my m6's on bass reducer on my ipod touch.
I currently own, meelectronics m6 and m9's. Ultimate Ears super.fi 3, koss ksc75 kramer/quarter/headband modded, and jvc fx-34 marshmallows.post #6 of 176/26/10 at 5:32pm
I just ordered the RE0, prior to that I was testing out the Klipsch S4 and the Metrofi 220, which are around the same price.
Metrofi 220 - way too much bass and very painful tips (hard silicone). I could tell these just weren't for me.
S4 - much better bass/highs. Instruments weren't as buried in the mix, but the sound sig still wasn't to my liking (a little more bass for my taste). These are very comfortable, and stayed in during a recent jog. I like a lot about them and wouldn't mind keeping them as an exercise pair, they're very fun.
So that's my experience. I use AKG K701s for my main listening, I'm really hoping the RE0s offer similar naturalness and detail, and hoping that they're durable!post #7 of 176/26/10 at 6:17pmThread Starter
Yea I have heard that the highs and mids of the re0s..... and now there are ants on my laptop wtf.... anyways i heard the highs and mids are some of the cleanest and clearest there are, but the bass is almost non-existent.post #8 of 176/26/10 at 6:20pm
If you want bass, consider the hippo VB. It trades some of the hyper-clarity of the re0 (although the clarity remains very respectable). And in exchange you get amazing sub-bass quantity and quality(no mid-bass bloat) and an amazing soundstage for an IEM. Otherwise the sound signature remains quite neutral. Between the two, it comes down to your own preferences. Do you see yourself as more of a basshead or an analytical listener. Both are wonderful IEMs in their respective categories, so you can't really go wrong.
Edited by JxK - 6/26/10 at 6:22pmpost #9 of 176/26/10 at 6:51pmThread Starterpost #10 of 176/26/10 at 9:34pmpost #11 of 176/27/10 at 8:55amThread Starterpost #12 of 176/27/10 at 9:30am
I would suggest you take a look at this topic: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/452037/playaz-n1
Its not only about the Playaz N1. The IEMs from Playaz/XEars are absolutely amazing for their low price. They don't come with any good accessories or fancy package (no package at all actually) but they sound amazing for their low prices.
They are not very talked about here in Head-fi but those who purchased them are amazed at how much sound quality they provide for such low price.
I have the RE0 and i absolutely love them but the N3 are very good also, and they costed 1/4th of the price of the RE0. I'm going to receive the XEars TD100 soon (tomorrow i hope) and I have very high hopes for them (their supposedly the best in the whole Playaz/XEars range).
Too bad you just lost a huge promotion the site had, they were selling almost every IEM for a huge discount (the TD100 for 20€ for example)
just my .02post #13 of 176/27/10 at 9:47ampost #14 of 176/27/10 at 9:52am
iem - what's a "wow factor" for you?
A wow factor for me is accurate reproduction of instruments (particularly drums), being able to hear fine detail in the recording, and not having a bloated bass that's going to turn an acoustic bass guitar into something that overwhelms all the other instruments. If the RE0s do something similar to what my K701s do, then I'm gonna be very happy!post #15 of 176/27/10 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by David58117
iem - what's a "wow factor" for you?
A wow factor for me is accurate reproduction of instruments (particularly drums), being able to hear fine detail in the recording, and not having a bloated bass that's going to turn an acoustic bass guitar into something that overwhelms all the other instruments. If the RE0s do something similar to what my K701s do, then I'm gonna be very happy!
Based on that i would say that you will be very very happy :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 or anything else?
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 seconds ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 14 seconds ago
- › Sonore microRendu Music Streamer impressions 23 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Balanced Desktop Headamp & Preamp & DAC 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Singxer SU-1 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Headphones vs Speakers -- an Inconvenient Truth 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear