I'm planning on getting the re0's soon, is there anything else in it's price range i should consider?
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Recommend a decent pair of IEM's around $100 or less? Last post on 7/21/10 at 11:41am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Westone 1 or... Last post on 2/14/11 at 7:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What is the best IEM available for ~$100? I plan to use these for ~12 hours a day. Last post on 12/24/12 at 5:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Rugged IEMs/Earphones under 100$ Last post on 12/8/12 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
RE0 or anything else?post #1 of 176/26/10 at 3:59pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 176/26/10 at 4:02pm
What sort of sound do you prefer? Cold and analytical? Warm and laid back? Clear but with head thumping sub-bass? Detailed and relaxed, detailed and upfront? And so on.
More than the type of music you listen to, it works best if you can describe the sort of sound signature you're looking for. Then we can give you advice.post #3 of 176/26/10 at 4:19pmThread Starterpost #4 of 176/26/10 at 4:42pmpost #5 of 176/26/10 at 4:52pmThread Starter
I'm mostly going to use them sitting down at a computer, so sedentary.
I mostly will use them in a quiet enviorment, sometimes semi-loud enviorments like a bus ride.
I don't plan on sleeping with them.
I have a fiio e5 amp.
lol I have been preparing myself for the re0's lack of bass by using my m6's on bass reducer on my ipod touch.
I currently own, meelectronics m6 and m9's. Ultimate Ears super.fi 3, koss ksc75 kramer/quarter/headband modded, and jvc fx-34 marshmallows.post #6 of 176/26/10 at 5:32pm
I just ordered the RE0, prior to that I was testing out the Klipsch S4 and the Metrofi 220, which are around the same price.
Metrofi 220 - way too much bass and very painful tips (hard silicone). I could tell these just weren't for me.
S4 - much better bass/highs. Instruments weren't as buried in the mix, but the sound sig still wasn't to my liking (a little more bass for my taste). These are very comfortable, and stayed in during a recent jog. I like a lot about them and wouldn't mind keeping them as an exercise pair, they're very fun.
So that's my experience. I use AKG K701s for my main listening, I'm really hoping the RE0s offer similar naturalness and detail, and hoping that they're durable!post #7 of 176/26/10 at 6:17pmThread Starter
Yea I have heard that the highs and mids of the re0s..... and now there are ants on my laptop wtf.... anyways i heard the highs and mids are some of the cleanest and clearest there are, but the bass is almost non-existent.post #8 of 176/26/10 at 6:20pm
If you want bass, consider the hippo VB. It trades some of the hyper-clarity of the re0 (although the clarity remains very respectable). And in exchange you get amazing sub-bass quantity and quality(no mid-bass bloat) and an amazing soundstage for an IEM. Otherwise the sound signature remains quite neutral. Between the two, it comes down to your own preferences. Do you see yourself as more of a basshead or an analytical listener. Both are wonderful IEMs in their respective categories, so you can't really go wrong.
Edited by JxK - 6/26/10 at 6:22pmpost #9 of 176/26/10 at 6:51pmThread Starterpost #10 of 176/26/10 at 9:34pmpost #11 of 176/27/10 at 8:55amThread Starterpost #12 of 176/27/10 at 9:30am
I would suggest you take a look at this topic: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/452037/playaz-n1
Its not only about the Playaz N1. The IEMs from Playaz/XEars are absolutely amazing for their low price. They don't come with any good accessories or fancy package (no package at all actually) but they sound amazing for their low prices.
They are not very talked about here in Head-fi but those who purchased them are amazed at how much sound quality they provide for such low price.
I have the RE0 and i absolutely love them but the N3 are very good also, and they costed 1/4th of the price of the RE0. I'm going to receive the XEars TD100 soon (tomorrow i hope) and I have very high hopes for them (their supposedly the best in the whole Playaz/XEars range).
Too bad you just lost a huge promotion the site had, they were selling almost every IEM for a huge discount (the TD100 for 20€ for example)
just my .02post #13 of 176/27/10 at 9:47ampost #14 of 176/27/10 at 9:52am
iem - what's a "wow factor" for you?
A wow factor for me is accurate reproduction of instruments (particularly drums), being able to hear fine detail in the recording, and not having a bloated bass that's going to turn an acoustic bass guitar into something that overwhelms all the other instruments. If the RE0s do something similar to what my K701s do, then I'm gonna be very happy!post #15 of 176/27/10 at 10:49amQuote:Originally Posted by David58117
iem - what's a "wow factor" for you?
A wow factor for me is accurate reproduction of instruments (particularly drums), being able to hear fine detail in the recording, and not having a bloated bass that's going to turn an acoustic bass guitar into something that overwhelms all the other instruments. If the RE0s do something similar to what my K701s do, then I'm gonna be very happy!
Based on that i would say that you will be very very happy :)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE0 or anything else?
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 20 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Replacing my beloved travel set - Sony XBA-40's and Z ultra fablet 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 6 minutes ago
- › New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+ 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 7 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New Elecom EHP-CH1010 iem impression by... 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 9 minutes ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 9 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear