@AJHEADFI what are your impressions with the HM901?? Was the audition unit with anakchan std amp or balanced amp? Is your t5p modded? Sorry for bombarding with so questions at once, but just got my t5p and listen with my fiio x3 and e07, and i got to say my ears are bleeding on excessive brightness and harshness on the highs. But it is definitely a huge step up from my previous hd598, hd598 seems very veiled in comparison and t5p just does much more better in alot of things. Do you think the hm901 is the solution-in-one-box (I am planning to get the std amp version as i am using stock cable)? Very much appreciate for your insights.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
I love the Beyerdynamic dt770 250 Ohms. After searching high and low for a closed back headphone I fell upon these knowing that I would carry an amp. With the Cayin C5 - High gain at about 2.5...
As a music lover who prefers a portable means of listening to music, you might eventually discover that your device can't provide enough power for your IEMs, headphones, or earphones to reach...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 65
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 19578/19/13 at 9:39pmNot the 901 but as my amp is back in Japan for modification I have been listening directly out of my 801 and have been very pleasantly surprised by it. Lovely organic sound, detailed yet rich the T5P's work really well directly out of the 801.
As of Thursday I will be able to tell you what they sound like out of the AK120 as wellpost #963 of 19578/19/13 at 10:17pmpost #964 of 19578/19/13 at 10:57pmpost #965 of 19578/19/13 at 11:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by AJHeadfi
One experience T5p user from HeadFi has found the V200 undesirable with the T5p when compared to Meier Audio amps. To compensate for brightness when using your HP-P1 and T5p you could employ the equaliser on the iDevice. T5p/HP-P1 is sensitive to bright or hot recordings.
I can confirm that - to my ears at least. A lot of people using HD800 like the V200 and they find that they pair well. The V200 is supposed to bring some weight and punch into the HD800 bass. I thought that the T5p - also being a bright headphone - would pair well with the V200. I heard the T5p + V200 at a meet and to be honest I have never heard a combination that made the T5p sound so shrill and thin and somehow destroyed the resolution and imaging. The treble became sharp and it took away all the things I like about the T5p. But of course it depends on what you like. I prefer to EMPHASIZE the strenghts of the T5p and to pair it with more analytical/neutral sources and amplifiers because I can never get enough definition and resolution.
To my ears the T5p(and Grados when I had the SR-325, GS-1000 and HF2) sounds best with Class-A amplifiers. Somehow class-A always sounds the best with low impedance headphones. So at the moment I enjoy the Just Audio AHA-120 very much with my T5p. It gives it great punch and slam and keeps the treble edgy and resoluted.
Edited by rasmushorn - 8/19/13 at 11:59pmpost #966 of 19578/20/13 at 3:05am
My quick impression was the 901 is open, transparent and detail rich. The AK120 was not quite as detailed but had a little more warmth. I preferred the 901 in the moment, but the AK120 over time may be more appealing than the 901. I used a stock, well used T5p. If you listen to acoustic recordings, T5p is very nice, both DAP units will provide a display some of the potential of the T5p. Certainly try it out with your own music, as one size does not fit all here.post #967 of 19578/20/13 at 3:37am
Seems that the T5p is quite a picky headphone in terms of system matching, which is counter-intuitive to its being marketed as a portable flagship. This no doubt explains its relative lack of popularity on Headfi.
The HP-P1 with increased gain and EQ on the bass is getting there for me.post #968 of 19578/20/13 at 4:21amQuote:Originally Posted by AJHeadfi
My quick impression was the 901 is open, transparent and detail rich. The AK120 was not quite as detailed but had a little more warmth. I preferred the 901 in the moment, but the AK120 over time may be more appealing than the 901. I used a stock, well used T5p. If you listen to acoustic recordings, T5p is very nice, both DAP units will provide a display some of the potential of the T5p. Certainly try it out with your own music, as one size does not fit all here.
Thks for the insights. another question, is the pairing with hm901 bright by any means? Cause i had bad experiences with the E07 and X3. They sounded very harsh up top and i couldn't really continue listening as they were literally piercing my ears :(post #969 of 19578/20/13 at 5:44ampost #970 of 19578/20/13 at 6:04ampost #971 of 19578/24/13 at 4:04am
guys have some dilemma and hope you can help solve it. I planning to upgrade gear for the t5p but i am in a dilemma whether to upgrade source or amplication. i currently only have fiiox3 as source.
I am looking at these 2 options:
selloff my X3 ---> HM901+t5p
keep my X3 ----> X3+Analog Square paper tur-06+t5p
Which is better and what are the pros and cons? Any other suggestions is also welcome. Tq very muchpost #972 of 19578/24/13 at 4:32ampost #973 of 19578/25/13 at 4:32ampost #974 of 19578/25/13 at 7:58ampost #975 of 19578/25/13 at 8:49amQuote:
I agree with AJ, get the source first then the amp. I can't speak for the 901 but the T5P sounds really good direct out of my AK120. The ASP amps are something very special though (I am biased though ) and the T5P/ASP and decent source is just the most musically involving experience you could imagine. Mine is being upgraded and though I am fine with just the AK120 whilst it is away I do miss the amp greatly for all that it brings to the table in terms of refinement, soundstage, detail and musicality.
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 44 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Fidelio X2 or Sennheiser HD598? 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 with Audeze Vegan Pads + 2 cables + audeze adapters 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 3 minutes ago
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Final F7200 by Takeanidea
- › Denon Music Maniac In-Ear Headphones (AH-C250) by redeyeguy
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...