@AJHEADFI what are your impressions with the HM901?? Was the audition unit with anakchan std amp or balanced amp? Is your t5p modded? Sorry for bombarding with so questions at once, but just got my t5p and listen with my fiio x3 and e07, and i got to say my ears are bleeding on excessive brightness and harshness on the highs. But it is definitely a huge step up from my previous hd598, hd598 seems very veiled in comparison and t5p just does much more better in alot of things. Do you think the hm901 is the solution-in-one-box (I am planning to get the std amp version as i am using stock cable)? Very much appreciate for your insights.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 65
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #962 of 19538/19/13 at 9:39pmNot the 901 but as my amp is back in Japan for modification I have been listening directly out of my 801 and have been very pleasantly surprised by it. Lovely organic sound, detailed yet rich the T5P's work really well directly out of the 801.
As of Thursday I will be able to tell you what they sound like out of the AK120 as wellpost #963 of 19538/19/13 at 10:17pmpost #964 of 19538/19/13 at 10:57pmpost #965 of 19538/19/13 at 11:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by AJHeadfi
One experience T5p user from HeadFi has found the V200 undesirable with the T5p when compared to Meier Audio amps. To compensate for brightness when using your HP-P1 and T5p you could employ the equaliser on the iDevice. T5p/HP-P1 is sensitive to bright or hot recordings.
I can confirm that - to my ears at least. A lot of people using HD800 like the V200 and they find that they pair well. The V200 is supposed to bring some weight and punch into the HD800 bass. I thought that the T5p - also being a bright headphone - would pair well with the V200. I heard the T5p + V200 at a meet and to be honest I have never heard a combination that made the T5p sound so shrill and thin and somehow destroyed the resolution and imaging. The treble became sharp and it took away all the things I like about the T5p. But of course it depends on what you like. I prefer to EMPHASIZE the strenghts of the T5p and to pair it with more analytical/neutral sources and amplifiers because I can never get enough definition and resolution.
To my ears the T5p(and Grados when I had the SR-325, GS-1000 and HF2) sounds best with Class-A amplifiers. Somehow class-A always sounds the best with low impedance headphones. So at the moment I enjoy the Just Audio AHA-120 very much with my T5p. It gives it great punch and slam and keeps the treble edgy and resoluted.
Edited by rasmushorn - 8/19/13 at 11:59pmpost #966 of 19538/20/13 at 3:05am
My quick impression was the 901 is open, transparent and detail rich. The AK120 was not quite as detailed but had a little more warmth. I preferred the 901 in the moment, but the AK120 over time may be more appealing than the 901. I used a stock, well used T5p. If you listen to acoustic recordings, T5p is very nice, both DAP units will provide a display some of the potential of the T5p. Certainly try it out with your own music, as one size does not fit all here.post #967 of 19538/20/13 at 3:37am
Seems that the T5p is quite a picky headphone in terms of system matching, which is counter-intuitive to its being marketed as a portable flagship. This no doubt explains its relative lack of popularity on Headfi.
The HP-P1 with increased gain and EQ on the bass is getting there for me.post #968 of 19538/20/13 at 4:21amQuote:Originally Posted by AJHeadfi
My quick impression was the 901 is open, transparent and detail rich. The AK120 was not quite as detailed but had a little more warmth. I preferred the 901 in the moment, but the AK120 over time may be more appealing than the 901. I used a stock, well used T5p. If you listen to acoustic recordings, T5p is very nice, both DAP units will provide a display some of the potential of the T5p. Certainly try it out with your own music, as one size does not fit all here.
Thks for the insights. another question, is the pairing with hm901 bright by any means? Cause i had bad experiences with the E07 and X3. They sounded very harsh up top and i couldn't really continue listening as they were literally piercing my ears :(post #969 of 19538/20/13 at 5:44ampost #970 of 19538/20/13 at 6:04ampost #971 of 19538/24/13 at 4:04am
guys have some dilemma and hope you can help solve it. I planning to upgrade gear for the t5p but i am in a dilemma whether to upgrade source or amplication. i currently only have fiiox3 as source.
I am looking at these 2 options:
selloff my X3 ---> HM901+t5p
keep my X3 ----> X3+Analog Square paper tur-06+t5p
Which is better and what are the pros and cons? Any other suggestions is also welcome. Tq very muchpost #972 of 19538/24/13 at 4:32ampost #973 of 19538/25/13 at 4:32ampost #974 of 19538/25/13 at 7:58ampost #975 of 19538/25/13 at 8:49amQuote:
I agree with AJ, get the source first then the amp. I can't speak for the 901 but the T5P sounds really good direct out of my AK120. The ASP amps are something very special though (I am biased though ) and the T5P/ASP and decent source is just the most musically involving experience you could imagine. Mine is being upgraded and though I am fine with just the AK120 whilst it is away I do miss the amp greatly for all that it brings to the table in terms of refinement, soundstage, detail and musicality.
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 19 seconds ago
- › Shozy Zero: $50 IEMs with real rosewood, taking on the $500 big boys! 49 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 50 seconds ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 1 minute ago
- › PMV A-01 2 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › TEAC UD-301 4 minutes ago
- › Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...