Another round, this time in Norwegian and English using Google Translate (which still has room for improvement. My Norwegian is obviously quiet a few steps ahead of it. It may translate better from Norwegian to German).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)Last edited: 7/29/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 42post #616 of 10663/20/13 at 5:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #617 of 10663/27/13 at 4:21pmpost #618 of 10663/27/13 at 4:30pmQuote:
Please comment on their bass depth, and if a basshead would like them.post #619 of 10663/27/13 at 4:43pmIts a little early as they are not burned in yet. I have to admit I love bass but not the overblown exaggerated stuff that most folks here like, To them these would be bass light, to me with the little time I have listened to them I call it perfect bass. It goes deep enough without exaggeration and has oodles of detail and texture but more I do not want to say yet as these are right out of the box.
For info most of my music is classical, the whole spectrum of classical from Ancient polyphonic voices to Phillip Glass. I also love Bluegrass/Folk and what I call " old farts" rock and roll. Clapton, Moody Blues.. You get the picture!
I also like jazz. All of this is rendered authentically from what I have heard thus far.post #620 of 10663/27/13 at 7:50pmUpdate, listening to a wide selection of music tonight. I cannot see how anyone with a reasonable expectation decent quality bass can say these are bass light. Just the right amount as far as I am concerned and more importantly a great deal of texture to the bass.
These seem to be great with a wide range of genres as well.. Well, all my favourites, Classical, female vocal, jazz and old fart rock!post #621 of 10663/28/13 at 3:25amQuote:Originally Posted by ianmedium
Update, listening to a wide selection of music tonight. I cannot see how anyone with a reasonable expectation decent quality bass can say these are bass light. Just the right amount as far as I am concerned and more importantly a great deal of texture to the bass.
These seem to be great with a wide range of genres as well.. Well, all my favourites, Classical, female vocal, jazz and old fart rock!
I would also say that the T5p is very independent of genres. It does everything very well but in the beginning when I first got them I couldn't stop listening to classical for a long period of time. They have that depth and clarity that spreads out the full orchestra range in front of you in a very engaging way. When it comes to bass I have never missed anything with the T5p but sometimes listening to electronic music the DT-1350 has that extra bass impact. The TZAR 350 can do a thing or two regarding resolution but they will never get even close to T5p in listening pleasure and the resolution in T5p is not far behind the TZAR.
I am on holiday away from home this week and I miss T5p. I only brought DT-1350 and TZAR 350 with me but no matter which one I have been listening to for a while I always love going back to T5p. T5p opens up the music in a way none of the other can do. I think HD650 is the only headphone I have previously owned that gave the same amount of listening pleasure with all genres. The T5p is just better with more sources and amps too where the HD650 needed my home rig to sound great.post #622 of 10663/28/13 at 11:06pmWhat a wonderful evening of music this evening!
Ever since getting my piano forte's I have been looking for a full sized headphone that offered the same levels of musicality and total immersion into the music. The Piano Forte's do that so well. The are also kings at texture and palpable sense of the acoustic space the recording is made in. The dig deep into the mix and extract details most other headphones miss but they do it without sounding analytical. They have a warmth about them but at the same time tremendous speed and able to convey attack and transients so well. Frankly, they left my old LCD's for dust!
Though I only have around 22 hours on my T5P's so far after tonight I feel I am safe to say I have found the PF's musical equivalent in the terms I mention above. These are the most unclosed sounding closed headphones I have heard to date. Of course they do not come close to the feeling of out of the head as the PF's but then they swing that by having a deeper very high quality bass which kind of makes a different sense of out of the head space.
The great thing is I can go between the two and not feel I am missing out on anything as the musicality and involvement is so great your just not aware your listening to anything other than music!
Oh yes, they love single ended triode amps such as my ASP TU-05.. Match made in heaven! Add the 801 as a source playing 24/96 Alison Krauss or Dusty Springfield and you end up losing hours and hours lost in music.
Anyone have an idea of what the average burn in is on these?post #623 of 10663/29/13 at 10:07am
Some have reported it as long.
I had mine lying constantly on run in for a long time becuse I was doing other things. When I picked it up again, it seemed to have changed. See at least one of my recent (March 2013) posts in this thread for further details.post #624 of 10663/29/13 at 6:16pm
I'm going with a "burn in" of around 5000 hours for complete settling, at this stage. I simply leave the T5p running on the HP-P1 24/7, which is easy. I don't like turning equipment off anyway.post #625 of 10663/29/13 at 6:19pmpost #626 of 10663/29/13 at 9:14pm
That's enough time to work off the cost. I doubt there will be any character change, so it's all minor. I was thinking it would not be nice to have a new unit replace a worked unit.post #627 of 10663/30/13 at 6:07am
Since 5000 hours is more than 200 days I strongly recommend everyone to enjoy their new T5p a little before they reach the 5000 hour mark
I do not believe in that, sorry - no offense. A normal driver unit will not require more than 10-20 hours and everything should be softened and ready to play. Whether you can hear any difference is another story.post #628 of 10663/30/13 at 6:28ampost #629 of 10663/30/13 at 7:16amI have found with most drivers on headphones I have owned that the burn is done with from anywhere between 30-100 hours. Mine now have just over thirty on them and they have opened up really well.
I will leave them playing on repeat for the long weekend and see if that makes any more changes but after that will stop the burn in as I feel after that it is more about my adjustment than the headphones!
I am so happy I got these. Last night I saw a comment on another ( truly awful and full of egotistical and very rude people btw) headphone forum whilst googling the T5P by none other than Tyll Hertsens about how bright and unlistenable these are! I must admit I tend to take most of his thoughts on headphones with large grains of salt but those comments are so far off what these sound like it makes me question anything he says now! Mind, this is the fellow who thinks the truly awful senn momentums are wonderful.. To my ears and those of a few of my other friends into HiFi they sound a thick and muddled mess!
I do wonder about some of these self proclaimed industry "experts"at times you know!post #630 of 10663/30/13 at 7:22am
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Ibasso D-zero or android compatible dac/amp 37 seconds ago
- › Superlux Express Train 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser ORPHEUS HE-90 *LIKE NEW* MINT CONDITION *ORIGINAL... 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 9 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions... 10 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 16 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 16 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 18 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 19 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi