I really like the looks of these - understated yet classy. Here's hoping they make a better impression than the T50p did (for the price, they'd better).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
A very good DAC and headphone AMP for the price. A clear improvement in sound quality from my laptop for headphones, even ones that already sounded good, this gives a much cleaner,clearer and more...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 5post #61 of 19586/29/10 at 8:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 19587/3/10 at 5:29pm
Another top end one, huh? Pretty neat!
Although I'm a bit skeptical about these being designed for portable use. They don't look like they are portable in any sense of the world, aside from that jack.post #63 of 19587/4/10 at 8:43ampost #64 of 19587/4/10 at 1:11pmpost #65 of 19587/4/10 at 7:03pmpost #66 of 19587/4/10 at 10:29pmpost #67 of 19587/5/10 at 9:08am
These look great and I am almost ready to sell all of my possessions, including my sources, and buy them ;)
I will have nothing to plug them in, but will just sit and look - it will be an audiophile nirvana!
Edited by Szadzik - 7/5/10 at 9:10ampost #68 of 19587/5/10 at 10:14am
Which rig is more portable and noise isolating:
1. T5P with iPod Nano?
2. Any hardtodriveIEM with any portableheadphoneamp with iPod Nano?
You may replace "iPod Nano" with your preferred choice of DAP.
"Portable" headphone in my opinion is not restricted to the ability to run well from a portable digital audio player. In addition it should
post #69 of 19587/5/10 at 11:14ampost #70 of 19587/5/10 at 1:54pmpost #71 of 19587/7/10 at 10:25pm
- Isolate from environmental noise. For those who need to hear environmental noise for safety (runners, cyclists, office clerks), any low-fi earbud would be good enough.
- Fit nicely and safely into a backpack or briefcase when not in use. It should fold into a robust, flat or compact shape.
- Minimise cable hassle. Single-sided, replaceable and short cable, please.
I have to admit that I'm very curious myself about the last hi-end insertions of Beyer in the market, they usually are very well done headphones, and very sturdy/abuse-resistant headphones, and hey, they do sound good sometimes. It seems that this T5 has followed the Ultrasone school design of decentering the drivers, at least from the picture Jude posted, not sure if that is a good sign, but creates an off axis extra little bit for the soundstage and more natural sound. Still I enjoy my E9 everysingle day, I love them, but with no doubt those look a lot more comfortable...let's see how they sound...
In the meanwhile i could get a grip on those to listen, still waiting for my Chroma MD1 from Rudi....post #72 of 19587/13/10 at 10:21pm
As everyone knows by now, I am one of those anal retentive people that obsesses about fit and finish. This obsessiveness definitely has its pluses and minuses. Looking at the photos of the T5p, my eyes immediately zeroed in on the leather pads. I find that the leather is casually tucked into the cups and that the the pads, in general, are not put together even nearly precise enough. For $1295, I expect swiss watch precision. Oh yes, and I do see the seams on the plastic, um, but let's not go there.
Edited by davidhunternyc - 7/13/10 at 10:25pmpost #73 of 19587/15/10 at 8:16ampost #74 of 19587/15/10 at 8:21ampost #75 of 19587/16/10 at 1:17pm
Well if the T5p is just a 250ohm version of the T1 then that is not all that exciting...... I guess we'll know for sure when it is actually released and someone has pockets deep enough for both to do a side-by-side comparison!
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 48 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1ii - Worthy Upgrade? 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600 2 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by FortisFlyer75
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear