I really like the looks of these - understated yet classy. Here's hoping they make a better impression than the T50p did (for the price, they'd better).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 5post #61 of 19506/29/10 at 8:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 19507/3/10 at 5:29pm
Another top end one, huh? Pretty neat!
Although I'm a bit skeptical about these being designed for portable use. They don't look like they are portable in any sense of the world, aside from that jack.post #63 of 19507/4/10 at 8:43ampost #64 of 19507/4/10 at 1:11pmpost #65 of 19507/4/10 at 7:03pmpost #66 of 19507/4/10 at 10:29pmpost #67 of 19507/5/10 at 9:08am
These look great and I am almost ready to sell all of my possessions, including my sources, and buy them ;)
I will have nothing to plug them in, but will just sit and look - it will be an audiophile nirvana!
Edited by Szadzik - 7/5/10 at 9:10ampost #68 of 19507/5/10 at 10:14am
Which rig is more portable and noise isolating:
1. T5P with iPod Nano?
2. Any hardtodriveIEM with any portableheadphoneamp with iPod Nano?
You may replace "iPod Nano" with your preferred choice of DAP.
"Portable" headphone in my opinion is not restricted to the ability to run well from a portable digital audio player. In addition it should
post #69 of 19507/5/10 at 11:14ampost #70 of 19507/5/10 at 1:54pmpost #71 of 19507/7/10 at 10:25pm
- Isolate from environmental noise. For those who need to hear environmental noise for safety (runners, cyclists, office clerks), any low-fi earbud would be good enough.
- Fit nicely and safely into a backpack or briefcase when not in use. It should fold into a robust, flat or compact shape.
- Minimise cable hassle. Single-sided, replaceable and short cable, please.
I have to admit that I'm very curious myself about the last hi-end insertions of Beyer in the market, they usually are very well done headphones, and very sturdy/abuse-resistant headphones, and hey, they do sound good sometimes. It seems that this T5 has followed the Ultrasone school design of decentering the drivers, at least from the picture Jude posted, not sure if that is a good sign, but creates an off axis extra little bit for the soundstage and more natural sound. Still I enjoy my E9 everysingle day, I love them, but with no doubt those look a lot more comfortable...let's see how they sound...
In the meanwhile i could get a grip on those to listen, still waiting for my Chroma MD1 from Rudi....post #72 of 19507/13/10 at 10:21pm
As everyone knows by now, I am one of those anal retentive people that obsesses about fit and finish. This obsessiveness definitely has its pluses and minuses. Looking at the photos of the T5p, my eyes immediately zeroed in on the leather pads. I find that the leather is casually tucked into the cups and that the the pads, in general, are not put together even nearly precise enough. For $1295, I expect swiss watch precision. Oh yes, and I do see the seams on the plastic, um, but let's not go there.
Edited by davidhunternyc - 7/13/10 at 10:25pmpost #73 of 19507/15/10 at 8:16ampost #74 of 19507/15/10 at 8:21ampost #75 of 19507/16/10 at 1:17pm
Well if the T5p is just a 250ohm version of the T1 then that is not all that exciting...... I guess we'll know for sure when it is actually released and someone has pockets deep enough for both to do a side-by-side comparison!
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 41 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 3 minutes ago
- › A good pair of closed back cans 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 8 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-SR5BT: Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 11 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse