I really like the looks of these - understated yet classy. Here's hoping they make a better impression than the T50p did (for the price, they'd better).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 5post #61 of 9136/29/10 at 8:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 9137/3/10 at 5:29pm
Another top end one, huh? Pretty neat!
Although I'm a bit skeptical about these being designed for portable use. They don't look like they are portable in any sense of the world, aside from that jack.post #63 of 9137/4/10 at 8:43ampost #64 of 9137/4/10 at 1:11pmpost #65 of 9137/4/10 at 7:03pmpost #66 of 9137/4/10 at 10:29pmpost #67 of 9137/5/10 at 9:08am
These look great and I am almost ready to sell all of my possessions, including my sources, and buy them ;)
I will have nothing to plug them in, but will just sit and look - it will be an audiophile nirvana!
Edited by Szadzik - 7/5/10 at 9:10ampost #68 of 9137/5/10 at 10:14am
Which rig is more portable and noise isolating:
1. T5P with iPod Nano?
2. Any hardtodriveIEM with any portableheadphoneamp with iPod Nano?
You may replace "iPod Nano" with your preferred choice of DAP.
"Portable" headphone in my opinion is not restricted to the ability to run well from a portable digital audio player. In addition it should
post #69 of 9137/5/10 at 11:14ampost #70 of 9137/5/10 at 1:54pmpost #71 of 9137/7/10 at 10:25pm
- Isolate from environmental noise. For those who need to hear environmental noise for safety (runners, cyclists, office clerks), any low-fi earbud would be good enough.
- Fit nicely and safely into a backpack or briefcase when not in use. It should fold into a robust, flat or compact shape.
- Minimise cable hassle. Single-sided, replaceable and short cable, please.
I have to admit that I'm very curious myself about the last hi-end insertions of Beyer in the market, they usually are very well done headphones, and very sturdy/abuse-resistant headphones, and hey, they do sound good sometimes. It seems that this T5 has followed the Ultrasone school design of decentering the drivers, at least from the picture Jude posted, not sure if that is a good sign, but creates an off axis extra little bit for the soundstage and more natural sound. Still I enjoy my E9 everysingle day, I love them, but with no doubt those look a lot more comfortable...let's see how they sound...
In the meanwhile i could get a grip on those to listen, still waiting for my Chroma MD1 from Rudi....post #72 of 9137/13/10 at 10:21pm
As everyone knows by now, I am one of those anal retentive people that obsesses about fit and finish. This obsessiveness definitely has its pluses and minuses. Looking at the photos of the T5p, my eyes immediately zeroed in on the leather pads. I find that the leather is casually tucked into the cups and that the the pads, in general, are not put together even nearly precise enough. For $1295, I expect swiss watch precision. Oh yes, and I do see the seams on the plastic, um, but let's not go there.
Edited by davidhunternyc - 7/13/10 at 10:25pmpost #73 of 9137/15/10 at 8:16ampost #74 of 9137/15/10 at 8:21ampost #75 of 9137/16/10 at 1:17pm
Well if the T5p is just a 250ohm version of the T1 then that is not all that exciting...... I guess we'll know for sure when it is actually released and someone has pockets deep enough for both to do a side-by-side comparison!
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 40 seconds ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 43 seconds ago
- › The Monoprice NEW! MP9927 PG 208.. MP8320 (MEP-933)..The $7.11 club.. 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › Review: Fischer Audio FA-003 - a neutral champ! 1 minute ago
- › Heir Audio - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › First impressions: JPS Labs Abyss AB-1266 Planar Magnetic Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/23/2013.... 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) please post your impressions.... 4 minutes ago
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe