I really like the looks of these - understated yet classy. Here's hoping they make a better impression than the T50p did (for the price, they'd better).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 5post #61 of 17216/29/10 at 8:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 17217/3/10 at 5:29pm
Another top end one, huh? Pretty neat!
Although I'm a bit skeptical about these being designed for portable use. They don't look like they are portable in any sense of the world, aside from that jack.post #63 of 17217/4/10 at 8:43ampost #64 of 17217/4/10 at 1:11pmpost #65 of 17217/4/10 at 7:03pmpost #66 of 17217/4/10 at 10:29pmpost #67 of 17217/5/10 at 9:08am
These look great and I am almost ready to sell all of my possessions, including my sources, and buy them ;)
I will have nothing to plug them in, but will just sit and look - it will be an audiophile nirvana!
Edited by Szadzik - 7/5/10 at 9:10ampost #68 of 17217/5/10 at 10:14am
Which rig is more portable and noise isolating:
1. T5P with iPod Nano?
2. Any hardtodriveIEM with any portableheadphoneamp with iPod Nano?
You may replace "iPod Nano" with your preferred choice of DAP.
"Portable" headphone in my opinion is not restricted to the ability to run well from a portable digital audio player. In addition it should
post #69 of 17217/5/10 at 11:14ampost #70 of 17217/5/10 at 1:54pmpost #71 of 17217/7/10 at 10:25pm
- Isolate from environmental noise. For those who need to hear environmental noise for safety (runners, cyclists, office clerks), any low-fi earbud would be good enough.
- Fit nicely and safely into a backpack or briefcase when not in use. It should fold into a robust, flat or compact shape.
- Minimise cable hassle. Single-sided, replaceable and short cable, please.
I have to admit that I'm very curious myself about the last hi-end insertions of Beyer in the market, they usually are very well done headphones, and very sturdy/abuse-resistant headphones, and hey, they do sound good sometimes. It seems that this T5 has followed the Ultrasone school design of decentering the drivers, at least from the picture Jude posted, not sure if that is a good sign, but creates an off axis extra little bit for the soundstage and more natural sound. Still I enjoy my E9 everysingle day, I love them, but with no doubt those look a lot more comfortable...let's see how they sound...
In the meanwhile i could get a grip on those to listen, still waiting for my Chroma MD1 from Rudi....post #72 of 17217/13/10 at 10:21pm
As everyone knows by now, I am one of those anal retentive people that obsesses about fit and finish. This obsessiveness definitely has its pluses and minuses. Looking at the photos of the T5p, my eyes immediately zeroed in on the leather pads. I find that the leather is casually tucked into the cups and that the the pads, in general, are not put together even nearly precise enough. For $1295, I expect swiss watch precision. Oh yes, and I do see the seams on the plastic, um, but let's not go there.
Edited by davidhunternyc - 7/13/10 at 10:25pmpost #73 of 17217/15/10 at 8:16ampost #74 of 17217/15/10 at 8:21ampost #75 of 17217/16/10 at 1:17pm
Well if the T5p is just a 250ohm version of the T1 then that is not all that exciting...... I guess we'll know for sure when it is actually released and someone has pockets deep enough for both to do a side-by-side comparison!
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Hugo 48 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 52 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 1 minute ago
- › Topping NX2 Portable DAC/Amp Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a headphone extension cable please 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2