I really like the looks of these - understated yet classy. Here's hoping they make a better impression than the T50p did (for the price, they'd better).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 5post #61 of 15096/29/10 at 8:48am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 15097/3/10 at 5:29pm
Another top end one, huh? Pretty neat!
Although I'm a bit skeptical about these being designed for portable use. They don't look like they are portable in any sense of the world, aside from that jack.post #63 of 15097/4/10 at 8:43ampost #64 of 15097/4/10 at 1:11pmpost #65 of 15097/4/10 at 7:03pmpost #66 of 15097/4/10 at 10:29pmpost #67 of 15097/5/10 at 9:08am
These look great and I am almost ready to sell all of my possessions, including my sources, and buy them ;)
I will have nothing to plug them in, but will just sit and look - it will be an audiophile nirvana!
Edited by Szadzik - 7/5/10 at 9:10ampost #68 of 15097/5/10 at 10:14am
Which rig is more portable and noise isolating:
1. T5P with iPod Nano?
2. Any hardtodriveIEM with any portableheadphoneamp with iPod Nano?
You may replace "iPod Nano" with your preferred choice of DAP.
"Portable" headphone in my opinion is not restricted to the ability to run well from a portable digital audio player. In addition it should
post #69 of 15097/5/10 at 11:14ampost #70 of 15097/5/10 at 1:54pmpost #71 of 15097/7/10 at 10:25pm
- Isolate from environmental noise. For those who need to hear environmental noise for safety (runners, cyclists, office clerks), any low-fi earbud would be good enough.
- Fit nicely and safely into a backpack or briefcase when not in use. It should fold into a robust, flat or compact shape.
- Minimise cable hassle. Single-sided, replaceable and short cable, please.
I have to admit that I'm very curious myself about the last hi-end insertions of Beyer in the market, they usually are very well done headphones, and very sturdy/abuse-resistant headphones, and hey, they do sound good sometimes. It seems that this T5 has followed the Ultrasone school design of decentering the drivers, at least from the picture Jude posted, not sure if that is a good sign, but creates an off axis extra little bit for the soundstage and more natural sound. Still I enjoy my E9 everysingle day, I love them, but with no doubt those look a lot more comfortable...let's see how they sound...
In the meanwhile i could get a grip on those to listen, still waiting for my Chroma MD1 from Rudi....post #72 of 15097/13/10 at 10:21pm
As everyone knows by now, I am one of those anal retentive people that obsesses about fit and finish. This obsessiveness definitely has its pluses and minuses. Looking at the photos of the T5p, my eyes immediately zeroed in on the leather pads. I find that the leather is casually tucked into the cups and that the the pads, in general, are not put together even nearly precise enough. For $1295, I expect swiss watch precision. Oh yes, and I do see the seams on the plastic, um, but let's not go there.
Edited by davidhunternyc - 7/13/10 at 10:25pmpost #73 of 15097/15/10 at 8:16ampost #74 of 15097/15/10 at 8:21ampost #75 of 15097/16/10 at 1:17pm
Well if the T5p is just a 250ohm version of the T1 then that is not all that exciting...... I guess we'll know for sure when it is actually released and someone has pockets deep enough for both to do a side-by-side comparison!
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 2 seconds ago
- › Stax SR-009 Channel Imbalance Trouble / Driver Problem? 13 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 4 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)