as expected from beyer? i fear there going to be a 250ohm version as well?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/14/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 3post #31 of 17536/25/10 at 7:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 17536/25/10 at 7:52pmpost #33 of 17536/25/10 at 8:37pmpost #34 of 17536/25/10 at 10:40pmpost #35 of 17536/26/10 at 12:26am
I am not interrested in this for portable use unless it weighs half of what the T1 does. Of course the cable is thinner and that helps a lot. But very interresting thing Beyerdynamic is on to now. T1, T5p T50p... what could be in the pipeline?post #36 of 17536/26/10 at 12:33ampost #37 of 17536/26/10 at 12:35am
It's still a model that perplexes me. US$1K, large, portable (?) and conservative styling ... but we'll see what isolation and SQ are. 32ohms impedance doesn't make it immediately easy to drive, but if it was a studio upgrade for the DT770, then they would have made it 250-600ohms, so there's gotta be a reason why they made it 32ohms...
Edited by Ypoknons - 6/26/10 at 2:01ampost #38 of 17536/26/10 at 2:06amQuote:
Nah, leave something for the recablers.
If it weighs half of what the T-1 does and sounds almost the same, I'm in. 880 comfort is what I'm looking for.
(edit to remove large empty space at bottom of post)
Edited by upstateguy - 6/26/10 at 10:49ampost #39 of 17536/26/10 at 2:27ampost #40 of 17536/26/10 at 2:53am
If looks don't deceive me, there's no cup variation with the T5p? If that's true then it's dorktastic for actually portable use. The only major engineering concession to portable use (apart from the cable) seems to be moving the Tesla logoing further down so that the earcup supports aren't compromised by the cutout as on the T1.
The timing is odd though... I was thinking, rather than messing around with trialling yet more legions of low-priced closed phones I might as well just step up to the E8 as a winter portable. Then this comes out. Funny that. I'm sure Audio-Technica must be readying the ESW9999.9999 as well
Edited by bangraman - 6/26/10 at 3:03ampost #41 of 17536/26/10 at 3:25ampost #42 of 17536/26/10 at 3:28ampost #43 of 17536/26/10 at 3:49amQuote:
My guess is that since Harman Group acquired AKG they are more into mainstream consumer products than the love of High End products and the [costly] pursuit of great sound.post #44 of 17536/26/10 at 5:22ampost #45 of 17536/26/10 at 7:04amQuote:
I dunno about that. Harmon has some pretty high-end brands too.
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 15 seconds ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 42 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 2 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing headphones 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 and impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › A step up from a smartphone... what to get? 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3