as expected from beyer? i fear there going to be a 250ohm version as well?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 3post #31 of 17496/25/10 at 7:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 17496/25/10 at 7:52pmpost #33 of 17496/25/10 at 8:37pmpost #34 of 17496/25/10 at 10:40pmpost #35 of 17496/26/10 at 12:26am
I am not interrested in this for portable use unless it weighs half of what the T1 does. Of course the cable is thinner and that helps a lot. But very interresting thing Beyerdynamic is on to now. T1, T5p T50p... what could be in the pipeline?post #36 of 17496/26/10 at 12:33ampost #37 of 17496/26/10 at 12:35am
It's still a model that perplexes me. US$1K, large, portable (?) and conservative styling ... but we'll see what isolation and SQ are. 32ohms impedance doesn't make it immediately easy to drive, but if it was a studio upgrade for the DT770, then they would have made it 250-600ohms, so there's gotta be a reason why they made it 32ohms...
Edited by Ypoknons - 6/26/10 at 2:01ampost #38 of 17496/26/10 at 2:06amQuote:
Nah, leave something for the recablers.
If it weighs half of what the T-1 does and sounds almost the same, I'm in. 880 comfort is what I'm looking for.
(edit to remove large empty space at bottom of post)
Edited by upstateguy - 6/26/10 at 10:49ampost #39 of 17496/26/10 at 2:27ampost #40 of 17496/26/10 at 2:53am
If looks don't deceive me, there's no cup variation with the T5p? If that's true then it's dorktastic for actually portable use. The only major engineering concession to portable use (apart from the cable) seems to be moving the Tesla logoing further down so that the earcup supports aren't compromised by the cutout as on the T1.
The timing is odd though... I was thinking, rather than messing around with trialling yet more legions of low-priced closed phones I might as well just step up to the E8 as a winter portable. Then this comes out. Funny that. I'm sure Audio-Technica must be readying the ESW9999.9999 as well
Edited by bangraman - 6/26/10 at 3:03ampost #41 of 17496/26/10 at 3:25ampost #42 of 17496/26/10 at 3:28ampost #43 of 17496/26/10 at 3:49amQuote:
My guess is that since Harman Group acquired AKG they are more into mainstream consumer products than the love of High End products and the [costly] pursuit of great sound.post #44 of 17496/26/10 at 5:22ampost #45 of 17496/26/10 at 7:04amQuote:
I dunno about that. Harmon has some pretty high-end brands too.
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Headphone Sightings 2 6 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 40 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Why tubes but no equalization? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 5 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 6 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2