as expected from beyer? i fear there going to be a 250ohm version as well?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 3post #31 of 15766/25/10 at 7:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 15766/25/10 at 7:52pmpost #33 of 15766/25/10 at 8:37pmpost #34 of 15766/25/10 at 10:40pmpost #35 of 15766/26/10 at 12:26am
I am not interrested in this for portable use unless it weighs half of what the T1 does. Of course the cable is thinner and that helps a lot. But very interresting thing Beyerdynamic is on to now. T1, T5p T50p... what could be in the pipeline?post #36 of 15766/26/10 at 12:33ampost #37 of 15766/26/10 at 12:35am
It's still a model that perplexes me. US$1K, large, portable (?) and conservative styling ... but we'll see what isolation and SQ are. 32ohms impedance doesn't make it immediately easy to drive, but if it was a studio upgrade for the DT770, then they would have made it 250-600ohms, so there's gotta be a reason why they made it 32ohms...
Edited by Ypoknons - 6/26/10 at 2:01ampost #38 of 15766/26/10 at 2:06amQuote:
Nah, leave something for the recablers.
If it weighs half of what the T-1 does and sounds almost the same, I'm in. 880 comfort is what I'm looking for.
(edit to remove large empty space at bottom of post)
Edited by upstateguy - 6/26/10 at 10:49ampost #39 of 15766/26/10 at 2:27ampost #40 of 15766/26/10 at 2:53am
If looks don't deceive me, there's no cup variation with the T5p? If that's true then it's dorktastic for actually portable use. The only major engineering concession to portable use (apart from the cable) seems to be moving the Tesla logoing further down so that the earcup supports aren't compromised by the cutout as on the T1.
The timing is odd though... I was thinking, rather than messing around with trialling yet more legions of low-priced closed phones I might as well just step up to the E8 as a winter portable. Then this comes out. Funny that. I'm sure Audio-Technica must be readying the ESW9999.9999 as well
Edited by bangraman - 6/26/10 at 3:03ampost #41 of 15766/26/10 at 3:25ampost #42 of 15766/26/10 at 3:28ampost #43 of 15766/26/10 at 3:49amQuote:
My guess is that since Harman Group acquired AKG they are more into mainstream consumer products than the love of High End products and the [costly] pursuit of great sound.post #44 of 15766/26/10 at 5:22ampost #45 of 15766/26/10 at 7:04amQuote:
I dunno about that. Harmon has some pretty high-end brands too.
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Music Game IX 10 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › The ATH-AD900 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HE-400 bass not as present as I expected 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition 2 minutes ago
- › Some HOT Science From Synergistic Research 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the Aurisonics Auris 3 minutes ago
- › 19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo,... 3 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)