as expected from beyer? i fear there going to be a 250ohm version as well?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
BACKGROUND I enjoyed my Superlux HD-330 for several months. I always had a closed pair, an open pair, and earbuds at any given situation to cover all my needs – isolated listening, awareness of...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 3post #31 of 19586/25/10 at 7:47pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 19586/25/10 at 7:52pmpost #33 of 19586/25/10 at 8:37pmpost #34 of 19586/25/10 at 10:40pmpost #35 of 19586/26/10 at 12:26am
I am not interrested in this for portable use unless it weighs half of what the T1 does. Of course the cable is thinner and that helps a lot. But very interresting thing Beyerdynamic is on to now. T1, T5p T50p... what could be in the pipeline?post #36 of 19586/26/10 at 12:33ampost #37 of 19586/26/10 at 12:35am
It's still a model that perplexes me. US$1K, large, portable (?) and conservative styling ... but we'll see what isolation and SQ are. 32ohms impedance doesn't make it immediately easy to drive, but if it was a studio upgrade for the DT770, then they would have made it 250-600ohms, so there's gotta be a reason why they made it 32ohms...
Edited by Ypoknons - 6/26/10 at 2:01ampost #38 of 19586/26/10 at 2:06amQuote:
Nah, leave something for the recablers.
If it weighs half of what the T-1 does and sounds almost the same, I'm in. 880 comfort is what I'm looking for.
(edit to remove large empty space at bottom of post)
Edited by upstateguy - 6/26/10 at 10:49ampost #39 of 19586/26/10 at 2:27ampost #40 of 19586/26/10 at 2:53am
If looks don't deceive me, there's no cup variation with the T5p? If that's true then it's dorktastic for actually portable use. The only major engineering concession to portable use (apart from the cable) seems to be moving the Tesla logoing further down so that the earcup supports aren't compromised by the cutout as on the T1.
The timing is odd though... I was thinking, rather than messing around with trialling yet more legions of low-priced closed phones I might as well just step up to the E8 as a winter portable. Then this comes out. Funny that. I'm sure Audio-Technica must be readying the ESW9999.9999 as well
Edited by bangraman - 6/26/10 at 3:03ampost #41 of 19586/26/10 at 3:25ampost #42 of 19586/26/10 at 3:28ampost #43 of 19586/26/10 at 3:49amQuote:
My guess is that since Harman Group acquired AKG they are more into mainstream consumer products than the love of High End products and the [costly] pursuit of great sound.post #44 of 19586/26/10 at 5:22ampost #45 of 19586/26/10 at 7:04amQuote:
I dunno about that. Harmon has some pretty high-end brands too.
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Schiit Owners Unite 45 seconds ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › AUDEZE LCD XC 2 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear