Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 98

post #1456 of 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griploc View Post
 

Alright so i noticed it at the 50second mark and it is only noticeable when the volume is up pretty loud. For me that is a big deal because i gotta have my levels loud to make sure everything is in place.errg

Sorry to hear about your issue!  I just played the sample you provided at a pretty-high volume and could not perceive any rattling in my T5p's. 

 

The T5p does not utilize any screws or locking mechanisms in the assembly of the drivers/cups so my 1st step in troubleshooting this would be to make sure that the driver is pushed firmly into the headphone assembly and that the rubber seal is in place.

 

Here is a picture (taken from Zynsonix's re-cable-tutorial) of the driver (on the right of the picture) + rubber seal (the ring on the left of the picture) for reference:

 

Couple questions for you:

1. Does the issue occur in both channels?  

2. Are you EQ'ing the bass up at all?  (I have found that raising the bass any more than +2db can cause distortion)

 

Hopefully that helps :normal_smile :

post #1457 of 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsound View Post

Sorry to hear about your issue!  I just played the sample you provided at a pretty-high volume and could not perceive any rattling in my T5p's. 

The T5p does not utilize any screws or locking mechanisms in the assembly of the drivers/cups so my 1st step in troubleshooting this would be to make sure that the driver is pushed firmly into the headphone assembly and that the rubber seal is in place.

Here is a picture (taken from Zynsonix's re-cable-tutorial) of the driver (on the right of the picture) + rubber seal (the ring on the left of the picture) for reference:



Couple questions for you:
1. Does the issue occur in both channels?  
2. Are you EQ'ing the bass up at all?  (I have found that raising the bass any more than +2db can cause distortion)

Hopefully that helps normal_smile%20.gif

The sound is like a smeary resonance in the bass freq, i tried my k702 as well and for some reason it has a rattles in the left ear...
This is mind numbing considering i have dropped over 2000 on the headphones and the custom cable for the t5p and almost 1000 for the k702 and its custom cable lol
post #1458 of 1507
The issue only occurs in the right ear cup
post #1459 of 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griploc View Post

The issue only occurs in the right ear cup

If it only occurs on the right channel I would try pressing on the perimeter of the inside of the cup to make sure the driver is firmly seated in the housing, this can be be done with no disassembly at all (just be careful not to push directly on the driver).

 

 

Another possibility would be that something is loose as a result of the cable-mod that you had performed.  You may want to contact that company to see if there is a way for them to take a look at your T5p's. 

 

Hang in there and keep us updated :normal_smile : 

post #1460 of 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsound View Post
 

If it only occurs on the right channel I would try pressing on the perimeter of the inside of the cup to make sure the driver is firmly seated in the housing, this can be be done with no disassembly at all (just be careful not to push directly on the driver).

 

 

Another possibility would be that something is loose as a result of the cable-mod that you had performed.  You may want to contact that company to see if there is a way for them to take a look at your T5p's. 

 

Hang in there and keep us updated :normal_smile : 

I believe this worked!

 

Thank you, It isn't making the reflective noise anymore. I was beginning to think it was a flaw in the driver.

 

I gues James didn't push the driver in hard enough, although it didn't feel like i pushed it in a t all. anyways its gone now so back to audio heaven :))))

post #1461 of 1507

Whew!! Glad it worked out!! Kudos to dsound for jumping in to help a brother in need :beerchug:

post #1462 of 1507

You are very welcome.  Helping each other out, that's what this forum's all about right?  :normal_smile :

post #1463 of 1507
I am going to unscrew the k702 exteriors off to take a look if there is something causing the rattle on the left side today
post #1464 of 1507

Nice

post #1465 of 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post

Brian at BTG Audio is probably the least expensive, and he does really good work. There are other great ones too (Steve at Q-Audio, Trevor at Norne, etc), but they are generally a few bucks more. Just a thought! 
Brian hooked me up, thanks!! I'm going to do HD 800 sockets so I can swap my cables. This makes it a bunch more expensive because the connectors aren't cheap. I should have it back in a couple of weeks.
post #1466 of 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by schalliol View Post

Brian hooked me up, thanks!! I'm going to do HD 800 sockets so I can swap my cables. This makes it a bunch more expensive because the connectors aren't cheap. I should have it back in a couple of weeks.

 

Sweet, man! Let us know how it works out for ya-- I think you'll be pleased ;)

post #1467 of 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post

 

On an unrelated note: the T5p seems to pair really well with the HPA in the Lynx Hilo, but I didn't care for it as much from the Master 8 (balanced). Not sure why that would be, but there it is. 

 

Just managed to put these two together as normally I have them at different locations. Effect: as described above...

 

The T5p through Hilo is very fast and hard hitting, but manages that without any harshness. Very very good.

post #1468 of 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantSounds View Post

 

Just managed to put these two together as normally I have them at different locations. Effect: as described above...

 

The T5p through Hilo is very fast and hard hitting, but manages that without any harshness. Very very good.

 

Been on a kick listening to this pairing for a few days, and it really is impressive.  I always wish for more bass presence with the T5p, but the overall sound is really, really good.

 

OT, but the headphone amp in the Hilo is pretty exceptional, if you like a neutral sound signature (as I do).

post #1469 of 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theogenes View Post
 

 

Been on a kick listening to this pairing for a few days, and it really is impressive.  I always wish for more bass presence with the T5p, but the overall sound is really, really good.

 

 

I'm not complaining about the lack of bass presence at all. It is quite satisfying to me. But my pair has a couple of mods:

 

- mini-XLR connectors that allow me to use different cables (and more importantly go balanced). ATM I'm using a Swamp Industries 2x0.18mm^2 cable. Not sure if it does anything to the sound though.

 

- acoustic damping inside the cups. This I can't recommend enough, as in my opinion it takes these headphones to another level. The bass presence has markedly improved with this change. And it's so simple to do....

post #1470 of 1507
Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantSounds View Post
 

 

I'm not complaining about the lack of bass presence at all. It is quite satisfying to me. But my pair has a couple of mods:

 

- mini-XLR connectors that allow me to use different cables (and more importantly go balanced). ATM I'm using a Swamp Industries 2x0.18mm^2 cable. Not sure if it does anything to the sound though.

 

- acoustic damping inside the cups. This I can't recommend enough, as in my opinion it takes these headphones to another level. The bass presence has markedly improved with this change. And it's so simple to do....

 

Seems mandatory to BeyerDynamic gear, but I wonder why it's not present on stock models. As I can't imagine BeyerDynamic forgetting to produce perfect condition headphones on release, I'm still clueless about that fact. Maybe it's a personal taste procedure, but many of us do so. If someone has the answer....

 

The strange thing is that not all the earpads offer that damping tissue. Or I must stand corrected on that statement...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.