Certainly one of the most beautiful portable phones I ever saw, although I could easily imagine people getting mugged for them if they wore them out!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DACport with Beyer T1 or T5p Last post on 9/5/10 at 4:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Audiophile isolating over-ear headphones? Last post on 10/26/12 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Top of the range headphones for opera Last post on 1/16/13 at 7:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones that don't leak sound, price no object Last post on 5/30/13 at 10:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just bought this headphone this week. In the stores, I tested the headphone selections using Samsung Galaxy S7 Exynos version and Spotify's Extreme Quality. MDR-1A was the best during my test in...
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. - Page 9post #121 of 19578/20/10 at 2:21am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #122 of 19578/20/10 at 3:51am
Cannot agree more!
post #123 of 19578/21/10 at 1:30pm
getting mugged might be an issue, though I bet since they don't stand out like say the ipod headphones (which are iconic and indicate you are using an ipod - a very common device to mug) the mugger will probably sell them for dirt cheap unless he researches them online 1st :) and is not a dumbass to sell them online :Ppost #124 of 19578/25/10 at 5:48pmpost #125 of 19578/28/10 at 7:25pm
Choochoo– comparing T5p (resp. T1) and Ultrasone Ed 8? They are closed, they are excellent headphones, but they have very different sound characteristics (presentation). So I think it is difficult to compare them by sound.
In twitter BeyerdynamicHQ (headquarter) presents several useful information. It is most in German language. There you can obtain latest information.post #126 of 19578/29/10 at 5:32amQuote:Originally Posted by godog
had a brief listen to t5p today......definitely a must buy for me, too bad no pre-order on the spot at the show. Using Hifiman HM-801 portable player as source, sound signature/quality is kind of like T1, still very outstanding in mids and it's a bit of warmer sounding compared to T1, also more bass quantity and impact, quite suitable for pop songs. But they are inferior to T1 in terms of airiness and transparency by a narrow margin. An all-around musical headphone I would say. Extremely comfortable thanks to the the leather earpad and the newly designed leather headband which is thicker and softer than t1's. I heard the price is more or less the same as T1 in hk. I think it is more reasonable to price them at usd1000.
i like the sound of this a lot actually
thanks 4 the impression
990/600 ohm vs t5p anyonepost #127 of 19578/29/10 at 7:06am
Comparing DT 990 with 600 ohm impedantiona nd T5p gives you very poor information. DT 990 are open when T5p are closed, and T5p has 32 ohms impedantion. So it is very different as 600 ohm headphones. More rational is comparing DT 770 with 32 ohms and T5P or DT 880 with 600 ohms and T1. Or, in other aspect, if you have very universal amplifier with perfect setup for Beyerdynamic headphones, then you can do „some comparing“.post #128 of 19579/8/10 at 4:26pm
So I have the T5p at home right now.
I am a bit disappointed and confused by what beyerdynamic has done with the T5p.
On "normal" headphone amps with output impedances of something around 0 to 10 ohms this headphone will not produce any deep bass at all. This applies to most portable media players as well, at least my clip and my Zen Sleek. Very little bass impact and volume in the upper ranges and definitely missing warmth in the mids. The heights are neither too loud nor missing at all and are very well resolved.
The virtual stage is really more upfront then around or next to the ears and I feel a little like constantly listening with crossfeed activated. Unfortunately this is also true for the rest of the reproduction. Crossfeed takes away a lot of the power and makes everything sounding really relaxed. And this is one of the main issues I'm having with the T5 on low impedance outputs: it's boring. There is absolutely no energy transmitted; work to rules.
I was comparing it to my 600 Ohms DT770 (with black velour pads). The sound signature of these two phones are really, really close. The T5 lacking the peak in the heights and the deep bass and impact of the DT770 but besides of that it's hard to tell them apart just from the overall coloration. I would consider both headphones to be on the bright side. Remember, the T5 being on a low impedance output (0.1 Ohm).
But since beyerdynamic develops it's headphones for 120 Ohm outputs I tried the T5 on the output of my Yamaha amp which has quite a few Ohms on the output (although I don't remember the exact value). As the T5 is 32 Ohms only it should react rather strong to different output impedances.
So even after only the first few measures of listening it was clear: there it is. The warmth. The bass. The impact.
And this is the part that confuses me: why develop a portable headphone for the use with MP3 players and develop it for 120 Ohm outputs?
So far as a first impression. I'm going to bed now.
PS: DT770/600 with T5 pads is a killer phone...
Edited by m00hk00h - 9/9/10 at 8:41ampost #129 of 19579/9/10 at 7:23ampost #130 of 19579/9/10 at 8:12ampost #131 of 19579/9/10 at 8:45amQuote:
pretty soon Rob will be on CNET as he will have more cans than the guy they did the review on.post #132 of 19579/9/10 at 9:16am
LOL - no, not likely Frank, but I suppose you never know. I've generally sold other cans when I get new ones, and if a 600 ohm closed Tesla comes out, and it's good, that would probably be the end of my 770/600's, as much as I like them.post #133 of 19579/11/10 at 11:46pmpost #134 of 19579/12/10 at 7:36am
m00hk00h's impressions are intriguing. Would really like to try them on my Meier Prehead's 120-ohm output. However, it is more than a bit counter-intuitive that this headphone sound best out of a home amp though.
That, and the price is pretty dang steep, particularly if the DT770/600 is that close.
- beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
- Headphone Impedance
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › DAP'S - Is there really any difference in the sound reproduction? 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › Grado GH-1 Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern Announces the AK300 and AK Recorder (5.6MHz DSD... 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...