I really dislike sibilance when listening to vocals. IEM with least amount of sibilance? Also, I've noticed more sibilance when amping. Is that the typically the case with portable amplifers?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CX 985 Announcement: Improvements Plus A Lower Price!(With A Question) Last post on 10/29/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me choose an amazing pair of headphones! Last post on 7/17/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones for under $250? Last post on 6/28/12 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
IEM with least amount of vocal sibilancepost #1 of 136/25/10 at 6:38amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 136/25/10 at 6:39ampost #3 of 136/25/10 at 6:40amThread Starterpost #4 of 136/25/10 at 6:41am
With all my amps they lessen sibilance. It's very difficult to make generalizations like that because it depends entirely on the combination of IEM and amp and source. If you have a cold amp, yes, that may bring out sibilance more.post #5 of 136/25/10 at 6:58ampost #6 of 136/25/10 at 7:07am
I'm pretty sensitive to sibilance myself, especially when I'm tired and lying in bed with my IEMs. So far the only IEM's I've used that are comfortable in terms of sibilance (though I still occasionally have problems) are the Head Direct RE252's and the Radius DDM's. All the others I've owned can be quite sibilant, especially if the track has been mastered a bit 'hot'. Sometimes even IEMs that seem bass focused are still sibilant, like the CKS70 or the Sony EX85's.post #7 of 136/25/10 at 7:11am
I'm there with you in not liking sibilance (in vocals), or any harshness/bite to the midrange or highs. The three that I've experienced the least with, all being supremely smooth and harshness free, are the IE8, Radius DDM, and the Earsonics SM3. All three are still in my collection.post #8 of 136/25/10 at 8:46ampost #9 of 136/25/10 at 8:54ampost #10 of 136/25/10 at 4:34pmpost #11 of 137/26/10 at 8:41pmThread Starterpost #12 of 137/26/10 at 8:43pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM with least amount of vocal sibilance
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman HE-400 Audeze Fazor Elements Vegan Pads free ship & Paypal 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 6 minutes ago
- › Audioquest Jitterbug 6 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 10 minutes ago
- › I did my own listening test...four formats...did I hear a difference? 11 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...