I really dislike sibilance when listening to vocals. IEM with least amount of sibilance? Also, I've noticed more sibilance when amping. Is that the typically the case with portable amplifers?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CX 985 Announcement: Improvements Plus A Lower Price!(With A Question) Last post on 10/29/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me choose an amazing pair of headphones! Last post on 7/17/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones for under $250? Last post on 6/28/12 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
IEM with least amount of vocal sibilancepost #1 of 136/25/10 at 6:38amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 136/25/10 at 6:39ampost #3 of 136/25/10 at 6:40amThread Starterpost #4 of 136/25/10 at 6:41am
With all my amps they lessen sibilance. It's very difficult to make generalizations like that because it depends entirely on the combination of IEM and amp and source. If you have a cold amp, yes, that may bring out sibilance more.post #5 of 136/25/10 at 6:58ampost #6 of 136/25/10 at 7:07am
I'm pretty sensitive to sibilance myself, especially when I'm tired and lying in bed with my IEMs. So far the only IEM's I've used that are comfortable in terms of sibilance (though I still occasionally have problems) are the Head Direct RE252's and the Radius DDM's. All the others I've owned can be quite sibilant, especially if the track has been mastered a bit 'hot'. Sometimes even IEMs that seem bass focused are still sibilant, like the CKS70 or the Sony EX85's.post #7 of 136/25/10 at 7:11am
I'm there with you in not liking sibilance (in vocals), or any harshness/bite to the midrange or highs. The three that I've experienced the least with, all being supremely smooth and harshness free, are the IE8, Radius DDM, and the Earsonics SM3. All three are still in my collection.post #8 of 136/25/10 at 8:46ampost #9 of 136/25/10 at 8:54ampost #10 of 136/25/10 at 4:34pmpost #11 of 137/26/10 at 8:41pmThread Starterpost #12 of 137/26/10 at 8:43pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM with least amount of vocal sibilance
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 46 seconds ago
- › Choosing between Schiit Yggdrasil and Gungnir Multibit for studio... 1 minute ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 5 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 5 minutes ago
- › Audiophile iOS audio player 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...