I really dislike sibilance when listening to vocals. IEM with least amount of sibilance? Also, I've noticed more sibilance when amping. Is that the typically the case with portable amplifers?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CX 985 Announcement: Improvements Plus A Lower Price!(With A Question) Last post on 10/29/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me choose an amazing pair of headphones! Last post on 7/17/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones for under $250? Last post on 6/28/12 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
i know you already read the threads full of people talking about how nice is this earphone. i know they're all talking about how cheap and bang for buck it is and which one is the original and...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
IEM with least amount of vocal sibilancepost #1 of 136/25/10 at 6:38amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 136/25/10 at 6:39ampost #3 of 136/25/10 at 6:40amThread Starterpost #4 of 136/25/10 at 6:41am
With all my amps they lessen sibilance. It's very difficult to make generalizations like that because it depends entirely on the combination of IEM and amp and source. If you have a cold amp, yes, that may bring out sibilance more.post #5 of 136/25/10 at 6:58ampost #6 of 136/25/10 at 7:07am
I'm pretty sensitive to sibilance myself, especially when I'm tired and lying in bed with my IEMs. So far the only IEM's I've used that are comfortable in terms of sibilance (though I still occasionally have problems) are the Head Direct RE252's and the Radius DDM's. All the others I've owned can be quite sibilant, especially if the track has been mastered a bit 'hot'. Sometimes even IEMs that seem bass focused are still sibilant, like the CKS70 or the Sony EX85's.post #7 of 136/25/10 at 7:11am
I'm there with you in not liking sibilance (in vocals), or any harshness/bite to the midrange or highs. The three that I've experienced the least with, all being supremely smooth and harshness free, are the IE8, Radius DDM, and the Earsonics SM3. All three are still in my collection.post #8 of 136/25/10 at 8:46ampost #9 of 136/25/10 at 8:54ampost #10 of 136/25/10 at 4:34pmpost #11 of 137/26/10 at 8:41pmThread Starterpost #12 of 137/26/10 at 8:43pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM with least amount of vocal sibilance
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 2 minutes ago
- › Suggest me a headphone under 150 $ 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 Earbuds (Like New) 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p - Price Drop 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Metro Detroit 2014 Head-Fi Meet Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Best bang for the buck headphone? 4 minutes ago
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by vaziyetu
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)