I really dislike sibilance when listening to vocals. IEM with least amount of sibilance? Also, I've noticed more sibilance when amping. Is that the typically the case with portable amplifers?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CX 985 Announcement: Improvements Plus A Lower Price!(With A Question) Last post on 10/29/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me choose an amazing pair of headphones! Last post on 7/17/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones for under $250? Last post on 6/28/12 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
IEM with least amount of vocal sibilancepost #1 of 136/25/10 at 6:38amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 136/25/10 at 6:39ampost #3 of 136/25/10 at 6:40amThread Starterpost #4 of 136/25/10 at 6:41am
With all my amps they lessen sibilance. It's very difficult to make generalizations like that because it depends entirely on the combination of IEM and amp and source. If you have a cold amp, yes, that may bring out sibilance more.post #5 of 136/25/10 at 6:58ampost #6 of 136/25/10 at 7:07am
I'm pretty sensitive to sibilance myself, especially when I'm tired and lying in bed with my IEMs. So far the only IEM's I've used that are comfortable in terms of sibilance (though I still occasionally have problems) are the Head Direct RE252's and the Radius DDM's. All the others I've owned can be quite sibilant, especially if the track has been mastered a bit 'hot'. Sometimes even IEMs that seem bass focused are still sibilant, like the CKS70 or the Sony EX85's.post #7 of 136/25/10 at 7:11am
I'm there with you in not liking sibilance (in vocals), or any harshness/bite to the midrange or highs. The three that I've experienced the least with, all being supremely smooth and harshness free, are the IE8, Radius DDM, and the Earsonics SM3. All three are still in my collection.post #8 of 136/25/10 at 8:46ampost #9 of 136/25/10 at 8:54ampost #10 of 136/25/10 at 4:34pmpost #11 of 137/26/10 at 8:41pmThread Starterpost #12 of 137/26/10 at 8:43pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM with least amount of vocal sibilance
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New ultrasone edition 10s 12 seconds ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › New Fostex RP open-backed planar magnetic headphone, TH500RP!... 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)