I really dislike sibilance when listening to vocals. IEM with least amount of sibilance? Also, I've noticed more sibilance when amping. Is that the typically the case with portable amplifers?
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/28/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CX 985 Announcement: Improvements Plus A Lower Price!(With A Question) Last post on 10/29/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Please help me choose an amazing pair of headphones! Last post on 7/17/12 at 9:16am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Earsonic SM3 alternative? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:00pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brainwavz B2 or Shure se215 Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:29am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best Earphones for under $250? Last post on 6/28/12 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
IEM with least amount of vocal sibilancepost #1 of 136/25/10 at 6:38amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 136/25/10 at 6:39ampost #3 of 136/25/10 at 6:40amThread Starterpost #4 of 136/25/10 at 6:41am
With all my amps they lessen sibilance. It's very difficult to make generalizations like that because it depends entirely on the combination of IEM and amp and source. If you have a cold amp, yes, that may bring out sibilance more.post #5 of 136/25/10 at 6:58ampost #6 of 136/25/10 at 7:07am
I'm pretty sensitive to sibilance myself, especially when I'm tired and lying in bed with my IEMs. So far the only IEM's I've used that are comfortable in terms of sibilance (though I still occasionally have problems) are the Head Direct RE252's and the Radius DDM's. All the others I've owned can be quite sibilant, especially if the track has been mastered a bit 'hot'. Sometimes even IEMs that seem bass focused are still sibilant, like the CKS70 or the Sony EX85's.post #7 of 136/25/10 at 7:11am
I'm there with you in not liking sibilance (in vocals), or any harshness/bite to the midrange or highs. The three that I've experienced the least with, all being supremely smooth and harshness free, are the IE8, Radius DDM, and the Earsonics SM3. All three are still in my collection.post #8 of 136/25/10 at 8:46ampost #9 of 136/25/10 at 8:54ampost #10 of 136/25/10 at 4:34pmpost #11 of 137/26/10 at 8:41pmThread Starterpost #12 of 137/26/10 at 8:43pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM with least amount of vocal sibilance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 6 seconds ago
- › What portable DAC/AMP do you recommend me to use with the ATH M50X ? 1 minute ago
- › Elemental Watson Class-A Valve/Mosfet Hybrid Headphone Amplifier... 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 4 minutes ago
- › In Search of a Quality IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 5 minutes ago
- › Lotoo's new product: Lotoo Paw Pico, a 27g ultra-portable music... 7 minutes ago
- › Introducing a high quality Bluetooth "Wireless" cable from LEAR! 7 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear