Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Joint European Head-Fi/HIFI-FORUM.de Meet in Berlin, Sept. 11th. It's on!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Joint European Head-Fi/HIFI-FORUM.de Meet in Berlin, Sept. 11th. It's on! - Page 7

post #91 of 186
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post

I'm sorry guys.

I was looking forward to attending this meet, but it turns out I'm running in the municipal elections that occur at the start of October and I will be in the middle of campaining when you guys meet.

I hope you have a great time!


Good luck with your campaign. I hope you're not running for Jobbik..

post #92 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepinho View Post

You can find a few suggestions in the third post of this thread. Or crash on the couch in my home office.

Thanks, going to send an inquiry on the Entertainment Suite 1. Anyone else interested? 75€ for one day and 1-4 persons - sharing them would be a very cheap deal. Depending on if I can reserve it or not, I might take your offer to crash on your couch.

The second suite would be 60€ for two persons.

 


Edited by reiserFS - 8/22/10 at 8:14am
post #93 of 186
Thread Starter 

They sure sound intriguing, don't they? I'm gonna have to stay there for a weekend some day, just for the heck of it.

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and add you to the list of attendees now, if you don't mind.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserFS View Post

Thanks, going to send an inquiry on the Entertainment Suite 1. Anyone else interested? 75€ for one day and 1-4 persons - sharing them would be a very cheap deal. Depending on if I can reserve it or not, I might take your offer to crash on your couch.

The second suite would be 60€ for two persons.

 

post #94 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepinho View Post

Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and add you to the list of attendees now, if you don't mind.

Yep, that's fine. I'll definitely bring along my Yulong D100 DAC / Stax Lambda Nova Signature and maybe my High-Amp.de Hybrid amp.

 

post #95 of 186

What airport would be closest? Tempelhof, Tegel or Schonefeld?

post #96 of 186
Thread Starter 

Is that in addition to the Little Dot and the 701s?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserFS View Post

Yep, that's fine. I'll definitely bring along my Yulong D100 DAC / Stax Lambda Nova Signature and maybe my High-Amp.de Hybrid amp.

 

post #97 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepinho View Post

Is that in addition to the Little Dot and the 701s?

Oh sorry, forgot to mention that. You can remove the Little Dot and 701s since I don't own them anymore. Hope this clears it up a bit.

 

post #98 of 186
Thread Starter 

Tempelhof is closed, Tegel would be way easier. It's closer and there's a quick express bus to take you into town. Schönefeld's a nightmare afaic. Really poor train connections and basically out in the middle of nowhere.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

What airport would be closest? Tempelhof, Tegel or Schonefeld?

post #99 of 186
Thread Starter 

Bummer, that would've been our only 701 iirc. But I guess the Stax more than make up for it. The DIY amp would be great of course, if you can somehow transport them. Did you fetch a ride w/somebody or are you taking the train?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserFS View Post

Oh sorry, forgot to mention that. You can remove the Little Dot and 701s since I don't own them anymore. Hope this clears it up a bit.

 

post #100 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepinho View Post

Bummer, that would've been our only 701 iirc. But I guess the Stax more than make up for it. The DIY amp would be great of course, if you can somehow transport them. Did you fetch a ride w/somebody or are you taking the train?

I'll probably take the train, yeah. The DIY amp is quite heavy, but I have several big bags so I could transport it with me somehow.

 

Edit: I should mention that my amp has a normal and pro bias socket, so if you want to take a listen with your Stax earspeakers as well, bring them along.

 


Edited by reiserFS - 8/22/10 at 3:07pm
post #101 of 186

Will we have any sources at the meet? I don't own a notebook nor a CD player, just a crappy DVD Player that sounds absolutely horrible.

post #102 of 186
Thread Starter 


There's a list of sources in the first post. HiH will provide a few more, possibly SACD, DVD-A and/or a small Sonos installation. Don't worry, we're set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiserFS View Post

Will we have any sources at the meet? I don't own a notebook nor a CD player, just a crappy DVD Player that sounds absolutely horrible.


Errr.. What do you usually hook your audio gear up to then?


Edited by sepinho - 8/23/10 at 10:32am
post #103 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepinho View Post


There's a list of sources in the first post. HiH will provide a few more, possibly SACD, DVD-A and/or a small Sonos installation. Don't worry, we're set.


Errr.. What do you usually hook your audio gear up to then?

Alright then. I usually use my desktop computer, that would be a pain in the ass to transport though, so that's why I was asking if any sources will be provided.

 

post #104 of 186

Are there not places where you can buy cheap old CD-players? Those oldies can be quite good and very cheap. If there is a pawn shop or store with used stuff...

 

(I am a CD guy for the moment.)

post #105 of 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Funk View Post

Are there not places where you can buy cheap old CD-players? Those oldies can be quite good and very cheap. If there is a pawn shop or store with used stuff...

 

(I am a CD guy for the moment.)

I have a vintage one here, but would rather want one with digital out. I'll see if I can manage something..

 


Edited by reiserFS - 8/23/10 at 12:04pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Meets, Get-Togethers, Factory Tours › Local / Regional Head-Fi Meets, Parties, Get-Togethers › Joint European Head-Fi/HIFI-FORUM.de Meet in Berlin, Sept. 11th. It's on!