Whatever is not an inconvenience. It's nice to see a picture history of things being built.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDIYtagged by joe, 9/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- CUSTOM DIY NOISE CANCELING HEADPHONES BETTER THAN BOSE QC15. For 30 Bucks! Last post on 8/13/12 at 11:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Millett Hybrid MiniMax Last post on 10/29/11 at 3:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- I think I blew out my Left channel on my GILMORE LITE Last post on 11/30/10 at 4:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson Audio - anyone who isn't interested in DIY tried? Last post on 11/18/10 at 3:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is there such a thing as a niche amp? your opinion... Last post on 10/29/10 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
My DIY electrostatic headphones - Page 4post #46 of 15857/3/10 at 8:29pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 15857/18/10 at 5:24amThread Starter
I've been busy and couldn't find the time to cut the stators and spacers until today. Here are the parts.
I think they are too small. Anyway, let's see how they will sound. I still need to cut the enclosure for them though.
Wachara C.post #48 of 15857/18/10 at 7:06am
WOW..you even made your own driver?? that is very brilliant chinsettawong! looking forward to the 'how to make your own electrostatic headphone' thread
Edited by i_djoel2000 - 7/18/10 at 7:07ampost #49 of 15857/18/10 at 8:13ampost #50 of 15857/18/10 at 11:02ampost #51 of 15857/18/10 at 8:43pmThread Starter
Thanks for viewing. I'll try to post as many pictures as I can. I'll still need to find the time to cut the enclosure for them. I think it would be around next weekend before I'll have the time to do so. :(
Wachara C.post #52 of 158510/20/10 at 9:49amThread Starter
Finally, I have found a suitable housing for my new drivers. The headband and enclosures are given to me by a friend. I think it's a replacement (spare part) for Marantz electrostatic headphones. It's brand new. However, it doesn't have the front covers. I use my CNC to cut the covers using a 3 millimeter plastic sheet.post #53 of 158510/20/10 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #54 of 158510/20/10 at 12:49pm
Yup, those are for the Marantz electrostatic phones which were really just Stax OEM's. I would suggest you add some foam or wool into the cups and line them with bitumen. Should make them quite a bit better.post #55 of 158510/20/10 at 1:07pmpost #56 of 158510/20/10 at 1:15pmpost #57 of 158510/20/10 at 1:41pmpost #58 of 158510/20/10 at 3:08pmpost #59 of 158510/20/10 at 6:57pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks very much for your suggestion. I tried the headphones for about 30 minutes yesterday, and the sound was quite good. However, I didn't like the way the ear pads pressed on my ears. My ears became warm very quickly and didn't feel that comfortable wearing them.
I'll try what you suggested.
Wachara C.post #60 of 158510/20/10 at 7:17pm
See, the DIY guys always made me feel useless.
Seeing stuff like this makes me want to go kill myself.
Just kidding :P.
This work, as tons have state is super impressive. I wish I could add something of value, but it looks like I will just have to cheer from the side lines haha!
- My DIY electrostatic headphones
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Balanced tube amp + dac 5 seconds ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Can you squeeze Sub Bass out of Shure SE425 with EQ ? 17 seconds ago
- › Will the Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 Measurably Improve Upon My... 53 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW FW. . link 1st page. . 1 minute ago
- › Used Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 2 minutes ago
- › High-res music - your listening experience 3 minutes ago
- › are these Sony MDR-V6 fake? with pics 4 minutes ago
- › Used Westone UM3X 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)