Whatever is not an inconvenience. It's nice to see a picture history of things being built.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDIYtagged by joe, 9/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on 7/20/16 at 7:26pm in Dedicated Source Components
- "Double Barrel" Fully machined aluminum closed back headphones Last post on 2/23/15 at 9:47am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- CUSTOM DIY NOISE CANCELING HEADPHONES BETTER THAN BOSE QC15. For 30 Bucks! Last post on 8/13/12 at 11:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Millett Hybrid MiniMax Last post on 10/29/11 at 3:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- I think I blew out my Left channel on my GILMORE LITE Last post on 11/30/10 at 4:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 3/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
My DIY electrostatic headphones - Page 4post #46 of 21977/3/10 at 8:29pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 21977/18/10 at 5:24amThread Starter
I've been busy and couldn't find the time to cut the stators and spacers until today. Here are the parts.
I think they are too small. Anyway, let's see how they will sound. I still need to cut the enclosure for them though.
Wachara C.post #48 of 21977/18/10 at 7:06am
WOW..you even made your own driver?? that is very brilliant chinsettawong! looking forward to the 'how to make your own electrostatic headphone' thread
Edited by i_djoel2000 - 7/18/10 at 7:07ampost #49 of 21977/18/10 at 8:13ampost #50 of 21977/18/10 at 11:02ampost #51 of 21977/18/10 at 8:43pmThread Starter
Thanks for viewing. I'll try to post as many pictures as I can. I'll still need to find the time to cut the enclosure for them. I think it would be around next weekend before I'll have the time to do so. :(
Wachara C.post #52 of 219710/20/10 at 9:49amThread Starter
Finally, I have found a suitable housing for my new drivers. The headband and enclosures are given to me by a friend. I think it's a replacement (spare part) for Marantz electrostatic headphones. It's brand new. However, it doesn't have the front covers. I use my CNC to cut the covers using a 3 millimeter plastic sheet.post #53 of 219710/20/10 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #54 of 219710/20/10 at 12:49pm
Yup, those are for the Marantz electrostatic phones which were really just Stax OEM's. I would suggest you add some foam or wool into the cups and line them with bitumen. Should make them quite a bit better.post #55 of 219710/20/10 at 1:07pmpost #56 of 219710/20/10 at 1:15pmpost #57 of 219710/20/10 at 1:41pmpost #58 of 219710/20/10 at 3:08pmpost #59 of 219710/20/10 at 6:57pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks very much for your suggestion. I tried the headphones for about 30 minutes yesterday, and the sound was quite good. However, I didn't like the way the ear pads pressed on my ears. My ears became warm very quickly and didn't feel that comfortable wearing them.
I'll try what you suggested.
Wachara C.post #60 of 219710/20/10 at 7:17pm
See, the DIY guys always made me feel useless.
Seeing stuff like this makes me want to go kill myself.
Just kidding :P.
This work, as tons have state is super impressive. I wish I could add something of value, but it looks like I will just have to cheer from the side lines haha!
- My DIY electrostatic headphones
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Can an amp damage a pair of IEMs, and how? 12 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Appreciation Thread – a New Start (please read... 38 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Should I get westone w40 if i like alot of 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...