Whatever is not an inconvenience. It's nice to see a picture history of things being built.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDIYtagged by joe, 9/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on 5/23/16 at 3:15pm in Dedicated Source Components
- "Double Barrel" Fully machined aluminum closed back headphones Last post on 2/23/15 at 9:47am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- CUSTOM DIY NOISE CANCELING HEADPHONES BETTER THAN BOSE QC15. For 30 Bucks! Last post on 8/13/12 at 11:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Millett Hybrid MiniMax Last post on 10/29/11 at 3:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- I think I blew out my Left channel on my GILMORE LITE Last post on 11/30/10 at 4:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 3/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
My DIY electrostatic headphones - Page 4post #46 of 21487/3/10 at 8:29pmpost #47 of 21487/18/10 at 5:24amThread Starter
I've been busy and couldn't find the time to cut the stators and spacers until today. Here are the parts.
I think they are too small. Anyway, let's see how they will sound. I still need to cut the enclosure for them though.
Wachara C.post #48 of 21487/18/10 at 7:06am
WOW..you even made your own driver?? that is very brilliant chinsettawong! looking forward to the 'how to make your own electrostatic headphone' thread
Edited by i_djoel2000 - 7/18/10 at 7:07ampost #49 of 21487/18/10 at 8:13ampost #50 of 21487/18/10 at 11:02ampost #51 of 21487/18/10 at 8:43pmThread Starter
Thanks for viewing. I'll try to post as many pictures as I can. I'll still need to find the time to cut the enclosure for them. I think it would be around next weekend before I'll have the time to do so. :(
Wachara C.post #52 of 214810/20/10 at 9:49amThread Starter
Finally, I have found a suitable housing for my new drivers. The headband and enclosures are given to me by a friend. I think it's a replacement (spare part) for Marantz electrostatic headphones. It's brand new. However, it doesn't have the front covers. I use my CNC to cut the covers using a 3 millimeter plastic sheet.post #53 of 214810/20/10 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #54 of 214810/20/10 at 12:49pm
Yup, those are for the Marantz electrostatic phones which were really just Stax OEM's. I would suggest you add some foam or wool into the cups and line them with bitumen. Should make them quite a bit better.post #55 of 214810/20/10 at 1:07pmpost #56 of 214810/20/10 at 1:15pmpost #57 of 214810/20/10 at 1:41pmpost #58 of 214810/20/10 at 3:08pmpost #59 of 214810/20/10 at 6:57pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks very much for your suggestion. I tried the headphones for about 30 minutes yesterday, and the sound was quite good. However, I didn't like the way the ear pads pressed on my ears. My ears became warm very quickly and didn't feel that comfortable wearing them.
I'll try what you suggested.
Wachara C.post #60 of 214810/20/10 at 7:17pm
See, the DIY guys always made me feel useless.
Seeing stuff like this makes me want to go kill myself.
Just kidding :P.
This work, as tons have state is super impressive. I wish I could add something of value, but it looks like I will just have to cheer from the side lines haha!
- My DIY electrostatic headphones
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › WTB ULTRASONE 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › CAMPFIRE AUDIO Australia - New Zealand Tour (Reviews and... 7 minutes ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 9 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 10 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 11 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 12 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...