Whatever is not an inconvenience. It's nice to see a picture history of things being built.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDIYtagged by joe, 9/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Soekris R-2R DAC: Technical Details Last post on 4/21/16 at 8:27am in Dedicated Source Components
- "Double Barrel" Fully machined aluminum closed back headphones Last post on 2/23/15 at 9:47am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- CUSTOM DIY NOISE CANCELING HEADPHONES BETTER THAN BOSE QC15. For 30 Bucks! Last post on 8/13/12 at 11:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Millett Hybrid MiniMax Last post on 10/29/11 at 3:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- I think I blew out my Left channel on my GILMORE LITE Last post on 11/30/10 at 4:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 3/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Introduction I was able to demo the PM-3 for a week as part of OPPO's loaner program. This is the second OPPO loaner I've tried (also auditioned the PM-1), and once again I'd like to thank Chris...
For the money they are extremely comfortable, sound great plugged into my Onkyo TX-8255 receiver playing either music or watching videos from my pc through the Onkyo. I know you can spend many...
Intro: I'm not all too technical about sound (which explains only the bass/mid/treble; I still need to add my thoughts on soundstage though). It's pretty much whether I like a product or I...
MEE audio M6 Pro Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to MEE audio for the sample Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/806529/mee-audio-m6-pro-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A bargain...
Intro – There are many gadgets that are desirable but not practical; gadgets that are briefly enjoyed then forgotten over time. The RM1 is a very interesting product from Fiio that is quite the...
My DIY electrostatic headphones - Page 4post #46 of 21467/3/10 at 8:29pmpost #47 of 21467/18/10 at 5:24amThread Starter
I've been busy and couldn't find the time to cut the stators and spacers until today. Here are the parts.
I think they are too small. Anyway, let's see how they will sound. I still need to cut the enclosure for them though.
Wachara C.post #48 of 21467/18/10 at 7:06am
WOW..you even made your own driver?? that is very brilliant chinsettawong! looking forward to the 'how to make your own electrostatic headphone' thread
Edited by i_djoel2000 - 7/18/10 at 7:07ampost #49 of 21467/18/10 at 8:13ampost #50 of 21467/18/10 at 11:02ampost #51 of 21467/18/10 at 8:43pmThread Starter
Thanks for viewing. I'll try to post as many pictures as I can. I'll still need to find the time to cut the enclosure for them. I think it would be around next weekend before I'll have the time to do so. :(
Wachara C.post #52 of 214610/20/10 at 9:49amThread Starter
Finally, I have found a suitable housing for my new drivers. The headband and enclosures are given to me by a friend. I think it's a replacement (spare part) for Marantz electrostatic headphones. It's brand new. However, it doesn't have the front covers. I use my CNC to cut the covers using a 3 millimeter plastic sheet.post #53 of 214610/20/10 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #54 of 214610/20/10 at 12:49pm
Yup, those are for the Marantz electrostatic phones which were really just Stax OEM's. I would suggest you add some foam or wool into the cups and line them with bitumen. Should make them quite a bit better.post #55 of 214610/20/10 at 1:07pmpost #56 of 214610/20/10 at 1:15pmpost #57 of 214610/20/10 at 1:41pmpost #58 of 214610/20/10 at 3:08pmpost #59 of 214610/20/10 at 6:57pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks very much for your suggestion. I tried the headphones for about 30 minutes yesterday, and the sound was quite good. However, I didn't like the way the ear pads pressed on my ears. My ears became warm very quickly and didn't feel that comfortable wearing them.
I'll try what you suggested.
Wachara C.post #60 of 214610/20/10 at 7:17pm
See, the DIY guys always made me feel useless.
Seeing stuff like this makes me want to go kill myself.
Just kidding :P.
This work, as tons have state is super impressive. I wish I could add something of value, but it looks like I will just have to cheer from the side lines haha!
- My DIY electrostatic headphones
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 53 seconds ago
- › AUSDOM M05 With APT-X WorldWide Review ------Reviewers Wanted ! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for great portable headphone or IEM match for iBasso DX80! 4 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › LZ-A3 (DIY triple hybrid) Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › FiiO RM1 Bluetooth Remote Controller by ryanjsoo
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by d3f4ul7
- › OPPO PM-1 by Sophonax
- › Edifier P275 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Monitor Earphones - Black by ngoshawk
- › Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E by RockeyDA
- › Campfire Audio Orion by cleg
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse