Whatever is not an inconvenience. It's nice to see a picture history of things being built.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDIYtagged by joe, 9/19/14
Related Forum Threads
- CUSTOM DIY NOISE CANCELING HEADPHONES BETTER THAN BOSE QC15. For 30 Bucks! Last post on 8/13/12 at 11:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- FS: Millett Hybrid MiniMax Last post on 10/29/11 at 3:04pm in Amplification For Sale / Trade
- I think I blew out my Left channel on my GILMORE LITE Last post on 11/30/10 at 4:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Burson Audio - anyone who isn't interested in DIY tried? Last post on 11/18/10 at 3:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is there such a thing as a niche amp? your opinion... Last post on 10/29/10 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 10/2/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- List Of Diy Headphone AmpsLast edited: 11/22/12
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
Compared to Fiio x3, there is no big differences in terms of sound to me. One thing X3 wins, is better bass response with my ES10 headphones. At first i missed sound of my Fiio X3, but i got use to...
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
My DIY electrostatic headphones - Page 4post #46 of 15947/3/10 at 8:29pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 15947/18/10 at 5:24amThread Starter
I've been busy and couldn't find the time to cut the stators and spacers until today. Here are the parts.
I think they are too small. Anyway, let's see how they will sound. I still need to cut the enclosure for them though.
Wachara C.post #48 of 15947/18/10 at 7:06am
WOW..you even made your own driver?? that is very brilliant chinsettawong! looking forward to the 'how to make your own electrostatic headphone' thread
Edited by i_djoel2000 - 7/18/10 at 7:07ampost #49 of 15947/18/10 at 8:13ampost #50 of 15947/18/10 at 11:02ampost #51 of 15947/18/10 at 8:43pmThread Starter
Thanks for viewing. I'll try to post as many pictures as I can. I'll still need to find the time to cut the enclosure for them. I think it would be around next weekend before I'll have the time to do so. :(
Wachara C.post #52 of 159410/20/10 at 9:49amThread Starter
Finally, I have found a suitable housing for my new drivers. The headband and enclosures are given to me by a friend. I think it's a replacement (spare part) for Marantz electrostatic headphones. It's brand new. However, it doesn't have the front covers. I use my CNC to cut the covers using a 3 millimeter plastic sheet.post #53 of 159410/20/10 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #54 of 159410/20/10 at 12:49pm
Yup, those are for the Marantz electrostatic phones which were really just Stax OEM's. I would suggest you add some foam or wool into the cups and line them with bitumen. Should make them quite a bit better.post #55 of 159410/20/10 at 1:07pmpost #56 of 159410/20/10 at 1:15pmpost #57 of 159410/20/10 at 1:41pmpost #58 of 159410/20/10 at 3:08pmpost #59 of 159410/20/10 at 6:57pmThread StarterQuote:
Thanks very much for your suggestion. I tried the headphones for about 30 minutes yesterday, and the sound was quite good. However, I didn't like the way the ear pads pressed on my ears. My ears became warm very quickly and didn't feel that comfortable wearing them.
I'll try what you suggested.
Wachara C.post #60 of 159410/20/10 at 7:17pm
See, the DIY guys always made me feel useless.
Seeing stuff like this makes me want to go kill myself.
Just kidding :P.
This work, as tons have state is super impressive. I wish I could add something of value, but it looks like I will just have to cheer from the side lines haha!
- My DIY electrostatic headphones
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › AURALiC ARIES 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › High-End Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Blox, Yuin etc) and Earbud Gear... 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › EAX vs dolby headphone / onboard vs Xonar STX 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)