Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › My DIY electrostatic headphones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My DIY electrostatic headphones - Page 4

post #46 of 1594

Whatever is not an inconvenience. It's nice to see a picture history of things being built. 

post #47 of 1594
Thread Starter 

I've been busy and couldn't find the time to cut the stators and spacers until today.  Here are the parts. 

 

DSC03629.jpg

 

I think they are too small.  Anyway, let's see how they will sound.  I still need to cut the enclosure for them though.

 

Wachara C. 

post #48 of 1594

WOW..you even made your own driver?? that is very brilliant chinsettawong! looking forward to the 'how to make your own electrostatic headphone' thread 


Edited by i_djoel2000 - 7/18/10 at 7:07am
post #49 of 1594

Really impressive! Looking forward to the end result.

post #50 of 1594

wao the coolest thing I've seen this year! must subscribe!

succeed or not you're still a phenomenon! Just wanna express my encouragement and I will keep track of your progress :)

post #51 of 1594
Thread Starter 

Thanks for viewing.  I'll try to post as many pictures as I can.  I'll still need to find the time to cut the enclosure for them.  I think it would be around next weekend before I'll have the time to do so.  :(

 

Wachara C.

 

post #52 of 1594
Thread Starter 

Finally, I have found a suitable housing for my new drivers.  The headband and enclosures are given to me by a friend.  I think it's a replacement (spare part) for Marantz electrostatic headphones.  It's brand new.  However, it doesn't have the front covers.  I use my CNC to cut the covers using a 3 millimeter plastic sheet. 

 

IMG_0836.jpg

 

IMG_0837.jpg

post #53 of 1594
Thread Starter 

I think they sound nice.  smily_headphones1.gif

 

IMG_0840.jpg

 

IMG_0841.jpg

 

IMG_0842.jpg

post #54 of 1594

Yup, those are for the Marantz electrostatic phones which were really just Stax OEM's.  I would suggest you add some foam or wool into the cups and line them with bitumen.  Should make them quite a bit better.  

post #55 of 1594

WOW!

post #56 of 1594

post #57 of 1594

Impressive work! Congrats on your awesome work.

post #58 of 1594

subscribed, very awesome read!

post #59 of 1594
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post

Yup, those are for the Marantz electrostatic phones which were really just Stax OEM's.  I would suggest you add some foam or wool into the cups and line them with bitumen.  Should make them quite a bit better.  


Hi Spritzer,

 

Thanks very much for your suggestion.  I tried the headphones for about 30 minutes yesterday, and the sound was quite good.  However, I didn't like the way the ear pads pressed on my ears.  My ears became warm very quickly and didn't feel that comfortable wearing them. 

 

I'll try what you suggested.

 

Wachara C.

post #60 of 1594
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinsettawong View Post

I think they sound nice.  smily_headphones1.gif

 

IMG_0840.jpg

 

IMG_0841.jpg

 

IMG_0842.jpg


See, the DIY guys always made me feel useless.

 

Seeing stuff like this makes me want to go kill myself.

 

Just kidding :P.

 

This work, as tons have state is super impressive. I wish I could add something of value, but it looks like I will just have to cheer from the side lines haha!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions › My DIY electrostatic headphones