Edit: updated graphs / corrected typos / added pics of the test rig
I have been making progress on my SR009 investigation... Got a measuring rig working reasonably well it seems so I now have proper data to calibrate my models!
Here's the summary of what I've measured so far (had seal issue with the Omega 2 / plexiglass backing):
Influence of backing plate used to perform the measurements:
Comparison of SR009 and SR007A (driven from stock 727A amp). Omega 2 is end of SZ2 series, I did not (yet) plug the ports but bend the arch and springs as step gap toward mkI version. Obviously, there's still nasty boominess which is clearly audible:
Free air resonance check:
Edited by arnaud - 8/14/12 at 6:18am