- 17 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any Circumaural (cover ears) headphones that are foldable? Last post on 9/12/12 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best over ear headphones for house/electro music? Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
First of all, I'd like to thank Burson Audio for giving me this opportunity. I really mean it. Secondly, this is my first review what so ever so please bear that in mind :) . I got home one...
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Review: Ultrasone HFI 580 - Page 2post #16 of 181/29/12 at 9:15pmHows the durabilitty of the cable on the 580's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/29/12 at 9:24pmpost #18 of 182/18/12 at 6:11pm
A short review for people seeking more info:
After listening to them for a few weeks, I am pleased to say that I enjoy my 580s very much. They are without a doubt a very colored, fun headphone. I was worried about the mids being covered by the bass, but have not found that to be the case. I believe that this is in part because of S-logic technology. I didn't hear surround sound, but very good stereo with wonderful instrument separation Bass is very punchy, impactful, and deep. Mids are clear, while not completely natural(say as sr80). I like a warm sound, and these are too bright in the highs for me. In the recording of Otis Redding's Satisfaction, I found the horns to be shrill and too high. The song was still enjoyable. I will definitely keep my v6s around for best accuracy, but these will be my main HP. Helped me discover good electronic music. Comfortable for me.
Summary: A colored, while still clear, headphone. Bright. Wonderful bass and clear mids. Great instrument separation. I am pleased.
Notes: "Satisfaction" was ripped as FLAC. No HP amp used. Onboard DAC.
- Review: Ultrasone HFI 580
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1 vs. RS2 27 seconds ago
- › Shure SE215 noise: cable or monitors? 1 minute ago
- › Does your Powercolor Devil HDX 7.1 suffer from the warm reboot issue? 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Black Widow 3 minutes ago
- › TOTALDAC DAC 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Dog-fi 4 minutes ago
- › 10th Vienna Meet Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...