- 17 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any Circumaural (cover ears) headphones that are foldable? Last post on 9/12/12 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best over ear headphones for house/electro music? Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
Review: Ultrasone HFI 580 - Page 2post #16 of 181/29/12 at 9:15pmHows the durabilitty of the cable on the 580's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/29/12 at 9:24pmpost #18 of 182/18/12 at 6:11pm
A short review for people seeking more info:
After listening to them for a few weeks, I am pleased to say that I enjoy my 580s very much. They are without a doubt a very colored, fun headphone. I was worried about the mids being covered by the bass, but have not found that to be the case. I believe that this is in part because of S-logic technology. I didn't hear surround sound, but very good stereo with wonderful instrument separation Bass is very punchy, impactful, and deep. Mids are clear, while not completely natural(say as sr80). I like a warm sound, and these are too bright in the highs for me. In the recording of Otis Redding's Satisfaction, I found the horns to be shrill and too high. The song was still enjoyable. I will definitely keep my v6s around for best accuracy, but these will be my main HP. Helped me discover good electronic music. Comfortable for me.
Summary: A colored, while still clear, headphone. Bright. Wonderful bass and clear mids. Great instrument separation. I am pleased.
Notes: "Satisfaction" was ripped as FLAC. No HP amp used. Onboard DAC.
- Review: Ultrasone HFI 580
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 56 seconds ago
- › Starting from scratch - new dedicated system 1 minute ago
- › K701 appreciation thread! 5 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Mid-Fi* Portable Rig ($200 - $600) 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 8 minutes ago
- › Upgrade time..Closed back headphone advice please? 8 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 9 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2