- 17 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any Circumaural (cover ears) headphones that are foldable? Last post on 9/12/12 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best over ear headphones for house/electro music? Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
*A sample of the IEM500 was provided to me in return for my honest review* - Photos taken by, me.- One of the funniest things is when a company writes all these outlandish claims with their...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the...
These headphones are not for a true audiophile person. If you just want to watch movies on YouTube and talk with your friends on Skype - they will do the job for you. But if you want to enjoy your...
Introduction The Fidue A65 is in quite of an interesting place. It's in the budget range that has a lot of great contenders, but in it's defence it brings a Titanium micro dynamic driver, and with...
Review: Ultrasone HFI 580 - Page 2post #16 of 181/29/12 at 9:15pmHows the durabilitty of the cable on the 580's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/29/12 at 9:24pmpost #18 of 182/18/12 at 6:11pm
A short review for people seeking more info:
After listening to them for a few weeks, I am pleased to say that I enjoy my 580s very much. They are without a doubt a very colored, fun headphone. I was worried about the mids being covered by the bass, but have not found that to be the case. I believe that this is in part because of S-logic technology. I didn't hear surround sound, but very good stereo with wonderful instrument separation Bass is very punchy, impactful, and deep. Mids are clear, while not completely natural(say as sr80). I like a warm sound, and these are too bright in the highs for me. In the recording of Otis Redding's Satisfaction, I found the horns to be shrill and too high. The song was still enjoyable. I will definitely keep my v6s around for best accuracy, but these will be my main HP. Helped me discover good electronic music. Comfortable for me.
Summary: A colored, while still clear, headphone. Bright. Wonderful bass and clear mids. Great instrument separation. I am pleased.
Notes: "Satisfaction" was ripped as FLAC. No HP amp used. Onboard DAC.
- Review: Ultrasone HFI 580
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 5 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 13 seconds ago
- › The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM - impressions and... 1 minute ago
- › Grado RS1i 1 minute ago
- › Looking for the right HiFi Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 2 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 2 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › Astell&Kern AK10 Portable Hi-Fi Audio DAC Headphone amplifer... by Hawaiibadboy
- › iClever® IC-BTH01 Lightweight Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Sports... by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › Aune B1 by Peter West
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by biggbenn74
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by snapacap
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)