- 17 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any Circumaural (cover ears) headphones that are foldable? Last post on 9/12/12 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best over ear headphones for house/electro music? Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Review: Ultrasone HFI 580 - Page 2post #16 of 181/29/12 at 9:15pmHows the durabilitty of the cable on the 580's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/29/12 at 9:24pmpost #18 of 182/18/12 at 6:11pm
A short review for people seeking more info:
After listening to them for a few weeks, I am pleased to say that I enjoy my 580s very much. They are without a doubt a very colored, fun headphone. I was worried about the mids being covered by the bass, but have not found that to be the case. I believe that this is in part because of S-logic technology. I didn't hear surround sound, but very good stereo with wonderful instrument separation Bass is very punchy, impactful, and deep. Mids are clear, while not completely natural(say as sr80). I like a warm sound, and these are too bright in the highs for me. In the recording of Otis Redding's Satisfaction, I found the horns to be shrill and too high. The song was still enjoyable. I will definitely keep my v6s around for best accuracy, but these will be my main HP. Helped me discover good electronic music. Comfortable for me.
Summary: A colored, while still clear, headphone. Bright. Wonderful bass and clear mids. Great instrument separation. I am pleased.
Notes: "Satisfaction" was ripped as FLAC. No HP amp used. Onboard DAC.
- Review: Ultrasone HFI 580
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Speaker amps for headphones 33 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 33 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 55 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 1 minute ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 2 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)