- 17 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for over-ear headphones. Any advice? Last post on 9/27/12 at 12:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help finding over ear headphones please! Last post on 9/4/12 at 5:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are there any Circumaural (cover ears) headphones that are foldable? Last post on 9/12/12 at 2:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- best over ear headphones for house/electro music? Last post on 10/1/12 at 3:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of the Advanced AcousticWerkes Nebula 2 IEM’s. The Advanced AcousticWerkes (AAW) Nebula 2 was sent to me from MusicTeck who is the authorized dealer in the US for AWW. A big...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Brainwavz being based in Hongkong is quite known for its well set-up line of Accessories and IEMs. Back in the day, I was fairly active in modding my still beloved...
On my quest for the perfect sounding IEM for mobile use I came across these headphones that are rather underrepresented in the forum. The Panasonic RP-HDE10 are technically quite interesting as...
I bought the SMSL sApII as a stop-gap after my Little Dot MKIII failed after 5 years of use, five hours a day. No complaints there! I just don't have the money to upgrade just now! I have invested...
Introduction: Lend Me UR ears, based in Singapore is an online and physical store that opened in December 2011 with a goal to “bring quality audio products to the masses and providing good...
Review: Ultrasone HFI 580 - Page 2post #16 of 181/29/12 at 9:15pmHows the durabilitty of the cable on the 580's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 181/29/12 at 9:24pmpost #18 of 182/18/12 at 6:11pm
A short review for people seeking more info:
After listening to them for a few weeks, I am pleased to say that I enjoy my 580s very much. They are without a doubt a very colored, fun headphone. I was worried about the mids being covered by the bass, but have not found that to be the case. I believe that this is in part because of S-logic technology. I didn't hear surround sound, but very good stereo with wonderful instrument separation Bass is very punchy, impactful, and deep. Mids are clear, while not completely natural(say as sr80). I like a warm sound, and these are too bright in the highs for me. In the recording of Otis Redding's Satisfaction, I found the horns to be shrill and too high. The song was still enjoyable. I will definitely keep my v6s around for best accuracy, but these will be my main HP. Helped me discover good electronic music. Comfortable for me.
Summary: A colored, while still clear, headphone. Bright. Wonderful bass and clear mids. Great instrument separation. I am pleased.
Notes: "Satisfaction" was ripped as FLAC. No HP amp used. Onboard DAC.
- Review: Ultrasone HFI 580
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 15 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 26 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 35 seconds ago
- › Reviewers wanted - Sound Blaster products 38 seconds ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 48 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › SMSL sApII TPA6120A2 Big Power High Fidelity Stereo Headphone... by richyboy
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by crabdog
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by Prosie
- › Soundaware Esther by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...