Tubes & Ultrasones are not my favorite combo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH 940 - one of the best closed? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Look what i got! only 500 in the world! Last post on 10/8/11 at 4:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Street headphone suggestions under $150? Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My Review of the Beyerdaynamic dx 160ie In Ear Monitors I will start with the summary / conclusion. This way you get all the important information right away. If you want to know how I came to...
These earbuds were my first "serious" earbuds and they dissapointed me pretty soon. Everything was perfect until one morning I went out plugged them in and found that the cable was disconnected...
This is my first review, but I will try to make it fast and straight to the point. I just received the HD580s from ebay, and before I bought them I did some research and found out these have...
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Ultrasone Edition 10 announced! - Page 49post #721 of 77110/17/10 at 5:35pmpost #722 of 77110/17/10 at 5:39pm
My experience so far too. My first phones were the HFI-650 and now Ed-8 both sound better with my SS amp. The SS I have is better with lower impedance phones than my tube amp.post #723 of 77110/17/10 at 5:46pmpost #724 of 77110/17/10 at 6:48pmpost #725 of 77110/17/10 at 8:19pm
This is nice. 2 x power stage, 2 x preamp, another 1 is for? 3 headphone jacks, that's a plus point!
Quote:Originally Posted by thinker
Yes it is , i have no access to it, all i know its rated above T-1,HD-800.STAX 404,ED-8.Some individuals got the phones in Germany already on Friday but no comments so far.A far as i know the Germans are running these phones with average SS amps .Personally i think the ED-10 needs a tube amp but time will tell.I get the ED-10 very soon probably on tuesday and i use a monster "Klangfilm" F2A tube based headphone amp to check out the EDITION 10.post #726 of 77110/17/10 at 8:24pm
Leben superbs on most headphones except Grado...
post #727 of 77110/17/10 at 9:47pm
ED 8 does as well on my Head One as my GHP. Can´t really decide which is better for it. The ED 8 is kind of a tubey Ultrasone to begin with lolpost #728 of 77110/17/10 at 10:44pmpost #729 of 77110/17/10 at 11:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by thinker
50/50 DIY amp build from professional and the amp is the highest standard inside and outside.An old "genius" is building these just for fun everything including transformators build by himself in he's cellar ,he respects the old days it's very heavy and soundquality is 2 steps over Moth 2a3 wich is somehow unbelievable.Pricing for this amp is 1000-1200 USD weirdest bargain in hifi history.If somebody is interested send him a email firstname.lastname@example.org ,you can also read of the F2A tube here
F2A is a triode amp with 3,5W output.30-150-300 Ohm outputs in row on headphone jacks.I have also an OTL headphone amp (picture below) 500-600 USD and a second F2A amp with speaker terminals 30 Ohm outputs
Thanks a lot for the info... very interesting >: )
post #730 of 77110/18/10 at 2:06ampost #731 of 77110/18/10 at 10:29pmpost #732 of 77110/18/10 at 11:36pmpost #733 of 77110/18/10 at 11:38pm
Still not diggin' the looks of these things. Interested to hear the sound though. Knowing the typical Ultrasone burn-in period we may be waiting weeks before a fully burn in pair can be reviewed.
Edited by matthewh133 - 10/18/10 at 11:40pmpost #734 of 77110/18/10 at 11:39pmpost #735 of 77110/19/10 at 12:41amEveryone, please refrain from discussing spam.
Spam turns up and we try to clean it up as soon as possible.
Seven or eight messages discussing the spam mean that we have to delete seven or eight additional posts. It's a pain.
If you see spam, hit the little red flag down in the corner of the post and report it. The Staff will take care of it. It's OK to make a quick "spam reported" post to let others know that it has been reported.
But please do not discuss the spam for several posts. It just makes more cleanup for us.
Edited by Uncle Erik - 10/19/10 at 1:07am
- Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
- Headphone Impedance
- › Recommend me a low impedance amplifier for ATH A900X 27 seconds ago
- › What if you hook up a subwoofer AND headphones? 1 minute ago
- › ALO RX original 1 minute ago
- › What is your ideal music player? ----Let’s build your dream device... 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 2 minutes ago
- › Is this a good deal ? 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 5 sound quality 4 minutes ago
- › Monster DNA vs. Razer Hammerhead 4 minutes ago
- › Official 8th Annual ChiUniFi - June 21, 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob