Tubes & Ultrasones are not my favorite combo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH 940 - one of the best closed? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Look what i got! only 500 in the world! Last post on 10/8/11 at 4:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Street headphone suggestions under $150? Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Ultrasone Edition 10 announced! - Page 49post #721 of 77110/17/10 at 5:35pmpost #722 of 77110/17/10 at 5:39pm
My experience so far too. My first phones were the HFI-650 and now Ed-8 both sound better with my SS amp. The SS I have is better with lower impedance phones than my tube amp.post #723 of 77110/17/10 at 5:46pmpost #724 of 77110/17/10 at 6:48pmpost #725 of 77110/17/10 at 8:19pm
This is nice. 2 x power stage, 2 x preamp, another 1 is for? 3 headphone jacks, that's a plus point!
Quote:Originally Posted by thinker
Yes it is , i have no access to it, all i know its rated above T-1,HD-800.STAX 404,ED-8.Some individuals got the phones in Germany already on Friday but no comments so far.A far as i know the Germans are running these phones with average SS amps .Personally i think the ED-10 needs a tube amp but time will tell.I get the ED-10 very soon probably on tuesday and i use a monster "Klangfilm" F2A tube based headphone amp to check out the EDITION 10.post #726 of 77110/17/10 at 8:24pm
Leben superbs on most headphones except Grado...
post #727 of 77110/17/10 at 9:47pm
ED 8 does as well on my Head One as my GHP. Can´t really decide which is better for it. The ED 8 is kind of a tubey Ultrasone to begin with lolpost #728 of 77110/17/10 at 10:44pmpost #729 of 77110/17/10 at 11:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by thinker
50/50 DIY amp build from professional and the amp is the highest standard inside and outside.An old "genius" is building these just for fun everything including transformators build by himself in he's cellar ,he respects the old days it's very heavy and soundquality is 2 steps over Moth 2a3 wich is somehow unbelievable.Pricing for this amp is 1000-1200 USD weirdest bargain in hifi history.If somebody is interested send him a email email@example.com ,you can also read of the F2A tube here
F2A is a triode amp with 3,5W output.30-150-300 Ohm outputs in row on headphone jacks.I have also an OTL headphone amp (picture below) 500-600 USD and a second F2A amp with speaker terminals 30 Ohm outputs
Thanks a lot for the info... very interesting >: )
post #730 of 77110/18/10 at 2:06ampost #731 of 77110/18/10 at 10:29pmpost #732 of 77110/18/10 at 11:36pmpost #733 of 77110/18/10 at 11:38pm
Still not diggin' the looks of these things. Interested to hear the sound though. Knowing the typical Ultrasone burn-in period we may be waiting weeks before a fully burn in pair can be reviewed.
Edited by matthewh133 - 10/18/10 at 11:40pmpost #734 of 77110/18/10 at 11:39pmpost #735 of 77110/19/10 at 12:41amEveryone, please refrain from discussing spam.
Spam turns up and we try to clean it up as soon as possible.
Seven or eight messages discussing the spam mean that we have to delete seven or eight additional posts. It's a pain.
If you see spam, hit the little red flag down in the corner of the post and report it. The Staff will take care of it. It's OK to make a quick "spam reported" post to let others know that it has been reported.
But please do not discuss the spam for several posts. It just makes more cleanup for us.
Edited by Uncle Erik - 10/19/10 at 1:07am
- Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 42 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › HD800 (Canada Only) 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni 1 + Modi 1, 230V Europlug 3 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3