Tubes & Ultrasones are not my favorite combo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH 940 - one of the best closed? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Look what i got! only 500 in the world! Last post on 10/8/11 at 4:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Street headphone suggestions under $150? Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction: There seems to be quite a bit of discussion and disagreements regarding HIFIMAN’s (HFM) newest headphone, the HE400S. Some have praised the HE400S as being a giant slayer while other...
Brainwavz needs no introduction. They have been in the IEM market long enough that they have made a name for themselves, especially in the bang-for-bucks section. The S5 has been in the market for...
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Ultrasone Edition 10 announced! - Page 49post #721 of 77110/17/10 at 5:35pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 77110/17/10 at 5:39pm
My experience so far too. My first phones were the HFI-650 and now Ed-8 both sound better with my SS amp. The SS I have is better with lower impedance phones than my tube amp.post #723 of 77110/17/10 at 5:46pmpost #724 of 77110/17/10 at 6:48pmpost #725 of 77110/17/10 at 8:19pm
This is nice. 2 x power stage, 2 x preamp, another 1 is for? 3 headphone jacks, that's a plus point!
Quote:Originally Posted by thinker
Yes it is , i have no access to it, all i know its rated above T-1,HD-800.STAX 404,ED-8.Some individuals got the phones in Germany already on Friday but no comments so far.A far as i know the Germans are running these phones with average SS amps .Personally i think the ED-10 needs a tube amp but time will tell.I get the ED-10 very soon probably on tuesday and i use a monster "Klangfilm" F2A tube based headphone amp to check out the EDITION 10.post #726 of 77110/17/10 at 8:24pm
Leben superbs on most headphones except Grado...
post #727 of 77110/17/10 at 9:47pm
ED 8 does as well on my Head One as my GHP. Can´t really decide which is better for it. The ED 8 is kind of a tubey Ultrasone to begin with lolpost #728 of 77110/17/10 at 10:44pmpost #729 of 77110/17/10 at 11:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by thinker
50/50 DIY amp build from professional and the amp is the highest standard inside and outside.An old "genius" is building these just for fun everything including transformators build by himself in he's cellar ,he respects the old days it's very heavy and soundquality is 2 steps over Moth 2a3 wich is somehow unbelievable.Pricing for this amp is 1000-1200 USD weirdest bargain in hifi history.If somebody is interested send him a email email@example.com ,you can also read of the F2A tube here
F2A is a triode amp with 3,5W output.30-150-300 Ohm outputs in row on headphone jacks.I have also an OTL headphone amp (picture below) 500-600 USD and a second F2A amp with speaker terminals 30 Ohm outputs
Thanks a lot for the info... very interesting >: )
post #730 of 77110/18/10 at 2:06ampost #731 of 77110/18/10 at 10:29pmpost #732 of 77110/18/10 at 11:36pmpost #733 of 77110/18/10 at 11:38pm
Still not diggin' the looks of these things. Interested to hear the sound though. Knowing the typical Ultrasone burn-in period we may be waiting weeks before a fully burn in pair can be reviewed.
Edited by matthewh133 - 10/18/10 at 11:40pmpost #734 of 77110/18/10 at 11:39pmpost #735 of 77110/19/10 at 12:41amEveryone, please refrain from discussing spam.
Spam turns up and we try to clean it up as soon as possible.
Seven or eight messages discussing the spam mean that we have to delete seven or eight additional posts. It's a pain.
If you see spam, hit the little red flag down in the corner of the post and report it. The Staff will take care of it. It's OK to make a quick "spam reported" post to let others know that it has been reported.
But please do not discuss the spam for several posts. It just makes more cleanup for us.
Edited by Uncle Erik - 10/19/10 at 1:07am
- Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Almi's Logitech Z-5500 Mod (High-End upgrade for the speaker system) 3 minutes ago
- › Review of Audioquest JitterBug - USB Data & Power Noise Filter. 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 headphones available 4 minutes ago
- › Galaxy Note 5 Audio Quality 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2