Tubes & Ultrasones are not my favorite combo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH 940 - one of the best closed? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Look what i got! only 500 in the world! Last post on 10/8/11 at 4:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Street headphone suggestions under $150? Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This pair of beauty have unseated my AKG 551 as a my favourite portable headphones to go with my ipod touch while I enjoy my spotify playlists. Coldplay´s "Life in Technicolour" is an...
Build and Usage: Good looking, very nice feeling player, it looks like a really sold build and it's all metal construction. Not much to say about it, you can check pictures. I wasn't satisfied...
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Ultrasone Edition 10 announced! - Page 49post #721 of 77110/17/10 at 5:35pmpost #722 of 77110/17/10 at 5:39pm
My experience so far too. My first phones were the HFI-650 and now Ed-8 both sound better with my SS amp. The SS I have is better with lower impedance phones than my tube amp.post #723 of 77110/17/10 at 5:46pmpost #724 of 77110/17/10 at 6:48pmpost #725 of 77110/17/10 at 8:19pm
This is nice. 2 x power stage, 2 x preamp, another 1 is for? 3 headphone jacks, that's a plus point!
Quote:Originally Posted by thinker
Yes it is , i have no access to it, all i know its rated above T-1,HD-800.STAX 404,ED-8.Some individuals got the phones in Germany already on Friday but no comments so far.A far as i know the Germans are running these phones with average SS amps .Personally i think the ED-10 needs a tube amp but time will tell.I get the ED-10 very soon probably on tuesday and i use a monster "Klangfilm" F2A tube based headphone amp to check out the EDITION 10.post #726 of 77110/17/10 at 8:24pm
Leben superbs on most headphones except Grado...
post #727 of 77110/17/10 at 9:47pm
ED 8 does as well on my Head One as my GHP. Can´t really decide which is better for it. The ED 8 is kind of a tubey Ultrasone to begin with lolpost #728 of 77110/17/10 at 10:44pmpost #729 of 77110/17/10 at 11:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by thinker
50/50 DIY amp build from professional and the amp is the highest standard inside and outside.An old "genius" is building these just for fun everything including transformators build by himself in he's cellar ,he respects the old days it's very heavy and soundquality is 2 steps over Moth 2a3 wich is somehow unbelievable.Pricing for this amp is 1000-1200 USD weirdest bargain in hifi history.If somebody is interested send him a email email@example.com ,you can also read of the F2A tube here
F2A is a triode amp with 3,5W output.30-150-300 Ohm outputs in row on headphone jacks.I have also an OTL headphone amp (picture below) 500-600 USD and a second F2A amp with speaker terminals 30 Ohm outputs
Thanks a lot for the info... very interesting >: )
post #730 of 77110/18/10 at 2:06ampost #731 of 77110/18/10 at 10:29pmpost #732 of 77110/18/10 at 11:36pmpost #733 of 77110/18/10 at 11:38pm
Still not diggin' the looks of these things. Interested to hear the sound though. Knowing the typical Ultrasone burn-in period we may be waiting weeks before a fully burn in pair can be reviewed.
Edited by matthewh133 - 10/18/10 at 11:40pmpost #734 of 77110/18/10 at 11:39pmpost #735 of 77110/19/10 at 12:41amEveryone, please refrain from discussing spam.
Spam turns up and we try to clean it up as soon as possible.
Seven or eight messages discussing the spam mean that we have to delete seven or eight additional posts. It's a pain.
If you see spam, hit the little red flag down in the corner of the post and report it. The Staff will take care of it. It's OK to make a quick "spam reported" post to let others know that it has been reported.
But please do not discuss the spam for several posts. It just makes more cleanup for us.
Edited by Uncle Erik - 10/19/10 at 1:07am
- Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Little Dot MKIII (MK3) desktop tube amp (adjustable impedance +... 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Apogee Groove Dac / Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 6 minutes ago
- › Graham Slee Lautus USB Cable by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by Chiek
- › Astell & Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable... by Tail
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2