Tubes & Ultrasones are not my favorite combo.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH 940 - one of the best closed? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Look what i got! only 500 in the world! Last post on 10/8/11 at 4:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Street headphone suggestions under $150? Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Fantastic Reference Headphones, fantastic sound clarity and definition. The soundstage is the best! Incredible detailed sound and instruments separation. Not for everyone. This is a very honest...
Ultrasone Edition 10 announced! - Page 49post #721 of 77110/17/10 at 5:35pmpost #722 of 77110/17/10 at 5:39pm
My experience so far too. My first phones were the HFI-650 and now Ed-8 both sound better with my SS amp. The SS I have is better with lower impedance phones than my tube amp.post #723 of 77110/17/10 at 5:46pmpost #724 of 77110/17/10 at 6:48pmpost #725 of 77110/17/10 at 8:19pm
This is nice. 2 x power stage, 2 x preamp, another 1 is for? 3 headphone jacks, that's a plus point!
Quote:Originally Posted by thinker
Yes it is , i have no access to it, all i know its rated above T-1,HD-800.STAX 404,ED-8.Some individuals got the phones in Germany already on Friday but no comments so far.A far as i know the Germans are running these phones with average SS amps .Personally i think the ED-10 needs a tube amp but time will tell.I get the ED-10 very soon probably on tuesday and i use a monster "Klangfilm" F2A tube based headphone amp to check out the EDITION 10.post #726 of 77110/17/10 at 8:24pm
Leben superbs on most headphones except Grado...
post #727 of 77110/17/10 at 9:47pm
ED 8 does as well on my Head One as my GHP. Can´t really decide which is better for it. The ED 8 is kind of a tubey Ultrasone to begin with lolpost #728 of 77110/17/10 at 10:44pmpost #729 of 77110/17/10 at 11:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by thinker
50/50 DIY amp build from professional and the amp is the highest standard inside and outside.An old "genius" is building these just for fun everything including transformators build by himself in he's cellar ,he respects the old days it's very heavy and soundquality is 2 steps over Moth 2a3 wich is somehow unbelievable.Pricing for this amp is 1000-1200 USD weirdest bargain in hifi history.If somebody is interested send him a email email@example.com ,you can also read of the F2A tube here
F2A is a triode amp with 3,5W output.30-150-300 Ohm outputs in row on headphone jacks.I have also an OTL headphone amp (picture below) 500-600 USD and a second F2A amp with speaker terminals 30 Ohm outputs
Thanks a lot for the info... very interesting >: )
post #730 of 77110/18/10 at 2:06ampost #731 of 77110/18/10 at 10:29pmpost #732 of 77110/18/10 at 11:36pmpost #733 of 77110/18/10 at 11:38pm
Still not diggin' the looks of these things. Interested to hear the sound though. Knowing the typical Ultrasone burn-in period we may be waiting weeks before a fully burn in pair can be reviewed.
Edited by matthewh133 - 10/18/10 at 11:40pmpost #734 of 77110/18/10 at 11:39pmpost #735 of 77110/19/10 at 12:41amEveryone, please refrain from discussing spam.
Spam turns up and we try to clean it up as soon as possible.
Seven or eight messages discussing the spam mean that we have to delete seven or eight additional posts. It's a pain.
If you see spam, hit the little red flag down in the corner of the post and report it. The Staff will take care of it. It's OK to make a quick "spam reported" post to let others know that it has been reported.
But please do not discuss the spam for several posts. It just makes more cleanup for us.
Edited by Uncle Erik - 10/19/10 at 1:07am
- Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oppo Digital PM-3's lightly used. 1 minute ago
- › SF Bay Area mini meet May 2nd 2015 (CanJam after party!!!!) 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › I'm Done (Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition) VS GR06 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015 2 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › HUM Pervasion - Android DAP by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2