Did some checking on Amazon.jp, it seems like with goods like the Edition 8 the Japanese street and retail prices are a bit more than what Headroom charges, I'd expect upper 2000's for the US market. I'm reminded of the Qualia 010 situation, unless they perform beyond all expectations it'll probably be quite a polarizing headphone. I don't know though, the Ed8 price premium to me wasn't a big deal, it's a portable and I don't mind bringing pretty stuff out and around, but a home open headphone is a different story...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH 940 - one of the best closed? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Look what i got! only 500 in the world! Last post on 10/8/11 at 4:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Street headphone suggestions under $150? Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Ultrasone Edition 10 announced! - Page 3post #31 of 7717/31/10 at 11:36pmpost #32 of 7717/31/10 at 11:39pmpost #33 of 7717/31/10 at 11:48pmOh wow. Lots of leather and metal. Based on that alone, they must surpass anything made of plastic. Just like how a solid gold watch keeps better time than a plastic or stainless one.
I'll give them a listen, but am not expecting them to be much different than other Ultrasones I've listened to and haven't bought.post #34 of 7717/31/10 at 11:56pmpost #35 of 7717/31/10 at 11:57pm
10% more driver's efficient compare the one used in ED8(by use stronger magnet), Better driver force for the "Open-back" design challenge.
Still keep the titanium plated diaphragm.
Edited by donthuang - 8/1/10 at 12:49ampost #36 of 7718/1/10 at 12:01ampost #37 of 7718/1/10 at 12:03ampost #38 of 7718/1/10 at 12:11am
They are insane
Edit: got to say, chinese people are going to like the use of numbers, edition 10, day 20, month 10, year 2010 , 2010 made. It is as if the stars aligned for such a product to be released.
Edited by JIGF - 8/1/10 at 12:18ampost #39 of 7718/1/10 at 12:12ampost #40 of 7718/1/10 at 12:19ampost #41 of 7718/1/10 at 12:23amQuote:
Yes, there is a lot of superstition around about that, but it gets old fast. Depends on the crowd, really, how much attention to paid to these things.post #42 of 7718/1/10 at 12:23amQuote:
Wow, I bet thats why they did it honestly. Didn't even occur to me. Nice catch. I bet 50% of them get bought by Chinese.post #43 of 7718/1/10 at 12:33am
Quite like the fact that they seem to be mostly made of metal and leather, but not too fund of the brown coloring. Price seems pretty steep as well, but what do I know.post #44 of 7718/1/10 at 12:46ampost #45 of 7718/1/10 at 12:53am
ugly? wow i find them quite beautiful. Though they do look like robotic face huggers from planet X.
this could be one of the best investments on earth right now. If the sound manages to keep up with the price that is...
- Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 55 seconds ago
- › First Time Dap Buyer needs your help. ^_^ 1 minute ago
- › Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted) 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla 2 vs Bottlehead Crack+Speedball 3 minutes ago
- › Amp and DAC me 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-272 Review 5 minutes ago
- › More Volume = More Detail? 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3