Did some checking on Amazon.jp, it seems like with goods like the Edition 8 the Japanese street and retail prices are a bit more than what Headroom charges, I'd expect upper 2000's for the US market. I'm reminded of the Qualia 010 situation, unless they perform beyond all expectations it'll probably be quite a polarizing headphone. I don't know though, the Ed8 price premium to me wasn't a big deal, it's a portable and I don't mind bringing pretty stuff out and around, but a home open headphone is a different story...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH 940 - one of the best closed? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Look what i got! only 500 in the world! Last post on 10/8/11 at 4:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Street headphone suggestions under $150? Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
Ultrasone Edition 10 announced! - Page 3post #31 of 7717/31/10 at 11:36pmpost #32 of 7717/31/10 at 11:39pmpost #33 of 7717/31/10 at 11:48pmOh wow. Lots of leather and metal. Based on that alone, they must surpass anything made of plastic. Just like how a solid gold watch keeps better time than a plastic or stainless one.
I'll give them a listen, but am not expecting them to be much different than other Ultrasones I've listened to and haven't bought.post #34 of 7717/31/10 at 11:56pmpost #35 of 7717/31/10 at 11:57pm
10% more driver's efficient compare the one used in ED8(by use stronger magnet), Better driver force for the "Open-back" design challenge.
Still keep the titanium plated diaphragm.
Edited by donthuang - 8/1/10 at 12:49ampost #36 of 7718/1/10 at 12:01ampost #37 of 7718/1/10 at 12:03ampost #38 of 7718/1/10 at 12:11am
They are insane
Edit: got to say, chinese people are going to like the use of numbers, edition 10, day 20, month 10, year 2010 , 2010 made. It is as if the stars aligned for such a product to be released.
Edited by JIGF - 8/1/10 at 12:18ampost #39 of 7718/1/10 at 12:12ampost #40 of 7718/1/10 at 12:19ampost #41 of 7718/1/10 at 12:23amQuote:
Yes, there is a lot of superstition around about that, but it gets old fast. Depends on the crowd, really, how much attention to paid to these things.post #42 of 7718/1/10 at 12:23amQuote:
Wow, I bet thats why they did it honestly. Didn't even occur to me. Nice catch. I bet 50% of them get bought by Chinese.post #43 of 7718/1/10 at 12:33am
Quite like the fact that they seem to be mostly made of metal and leather, but not too fund of the brown coloring. Price seems pretty steep as well, but what do I know.post #44 of 7718/1/10 at 12:46ampost #45 of 7718/1/10 at 12:53am
ugly? wow i find them quite beautiful. Though they do look like robotic face huggers from planet X.
this could be one of the best investments on earth right now. If the sound manages to keep up with the price that is...
- Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Unique Melody Miracle Review & Impressions Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 27 seconds ago
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper Replacements 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 4 minutes ago
- › Grado SR80 Impressions thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 5 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 7 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2