Did some checking on Amazon.jp, it seems like with goods like the Edition 8 the Japanese street and retail prices are a bit more than what Headroom charges, I'd expect upper 2000's for the US market. I'm reminded of the Qualia 010 situation, unless they perform beyond all expectations it'll probably be quite a polarizing headphone. I don't know though, the Ed8 price premium to me wasn't a big deal, it's a portable and I don't mind bringing pretty stuff out and around, but a home open headphone is a different story...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH 940 - one of the best closed? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Look what i got! only 500 in the world! Last post on 10/8/11 at 4:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Street headphone suggestions under $150? Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Ultrasone Edition 10 announced! - Page 3post #31 of 7717/31/10 at 11:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7717/31/10 at 11:39pmpost #33 of 7717/31/10 at 11:48pmOh wow. Lots of leather and metal. Based on that alone, they must surpass anything made of plastic. Just like how a solid gold watch keeps better time than a plastic or stainless one.
I'll give them a listen, but am not expecting them to be much different than other Ultrasones I've listened to and haven't bought.post #34 of 7717/31/10 at 11:56pmpost #35 of 7717/31/10 at 11:57pm
10% more driver's efficient compare the one used in ED8(by use stronger magnet), Better driver force for the "Open-back" design challenge.
Still keep the titanium plated diaphragm.
Edited by donthuang - 8/1/10 at 12:49ampost #36 of 7718/1/10 at 12:01ampost #37 of 7718/1/10 at 12:03ampost #38 of 7718/1/10 at 12:11am
They are insane
Edit: got to say, chinese people are going to like the use of numbers, edition 10, day 20, month 10, year 2010 , 2010 made. It is as if the stars aligned for such a product to be released.
Edited by JIGF - 8/1/10 at 12:18ampost #39 of 7718/1/10 at 12:12ampost #40 of 7718/1/10 at 12:19ampost #41 of 7718/1/10 at 12:23amQuote:
Yes, there is a lot of superstition around about that, but it gets old fast. Depends on the crowd, really, how much attention to paid to these things.post #42 of 7718/1/10 at 12:23amQuote:
Wow, I bet thats why they did it honestly. Didn't even occur to me. Nice catch. I bet 50% of them get bought by Chinese.post #43 of 7718/1/10 at 12:33am
Quite like the fact that they seem to be mostly made of metal and leather, but not too fund of the brown coloring. Price seems pretty steep as well, but what do I know.post #44 of 7718/1/10 at 12:46ampost #45 of 7718/1/10 at 12:53am
ugly? wow i find them quite beautiful. Though they do look like robotic face huggers from planet X.
this could be one of the best investments on earth right now. If the sound manages to keep up with the price that is...
- Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 3 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 3 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone 6 minutes ago
- › European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (Wanna try cans for... 6 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...