Did some checking on Amazon.jp, it seems like with goods like the Edition 8 the Japanese street and retail prices are a bit more than what Headroom charges, I'd expect upper 2000's for the US market. I'm reminded of the Qualia 010 situation, unless they perform beyond all expectations it'll probably be quite a polarizing headphone. I don't know though, the Ed8 price premium to me wasn't a big deal, it's a portable and I don't mind bringing pretty stuff out and around, but a home open headphone is a different story...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH 940 - one of the best closed? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Look what i got! only 500 in the world! Last post on 10/8/11 at 4:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Street headphone suggestions under $150? Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Purchase link:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TC200/32633785024.html I was a strong believer that the more expensive the headphones are the better they sound. After hearing Earbell (or Mrice) E100,...
Most people hate this headphone because of annoying treble spike and low mid treble but if just need to tweek EQ to see its potential.
Ultrasone Edition 10 announced! - Page 3post #31 of 7717/31/10 at 11:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7717/31/10 at 11:39pmpost #33 of 7717/31/10 at 11:48pmOh wow. Lots of leather and metal. Based on that alone, they must surpass anything made of plastic. Just like how a solid gold watch keeps better time than a plastic or stainless one.
I'll give them a listen, but am not expecting them to be much different than other Ultrasones I've listened to and haven't bought.post #34 of 7717/31/10 at 11:56pmpost #35 of 7717/31/10 at 11:57pm
10% more driver's efficient compare the one used in ED8(by use stronger magnet), Better driver force for the "Open-back" design challenge.
Still keep the titanium plated diaphragm.
Edited by donthuang - 8/1/10 at 12:49ampost #36 of 7718/1/10 at 12:01ampost #37 of 7718/1/10 at 12:03ampost #38 of 7718/1/10 at 12:11am
They are insane
Edit: got to say, chinese people are going to like the use of numbers, edition 10, day 20, month 10, year 2010 , 2010 made. It is as if the stars aligned for such a product to be released.
Edited by JIGF - 8/1/10 at 12:18ampost #39 of 7718/1/10 at 12:12ampost #40 of 7718/1/10 at 12:19ampost #41 of 7718/1/10 at 12:23amQuote:
Yes, there is a lot of superstition around about that, but it gets old fast. Depends on the crowd, really, how much attention to paid to these things.post #42 of 7718/1/10 at 12:23amQuote:
Wow, I bet thats why they did it honestly. Didn't even occur to me. Nice catch. I bet 50% of them get bought by Chinese.post #43 of 7718/1/10 at 12:33am
Quite like the fact that they seem to be mostly made of metal and leather, but not too fund of the brown coloring. Price seems pretty steep as well, but what do I know.post #44 of 7718/1/10 at 12:46ampost #45 of 7718/1/10 at 12:53am
ugly? wow i find them quite beautiful. Though they do look like robotic face huggers from planet X.
this could be one of the best investments on earth right now. If the sound manages to keep up with the price that is...
- Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM 34 seconds ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 35 seconds ago
- › need a good aux cable 57 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio V3 Discussion and Mods. 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › Dunu TITAN 3 by mark2410
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by moedawg140
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse