Did some checking on Amazon.jp, it seems like with goods like the Edition 8 the Japanese street and retail prices are a bit more than what Headroom charges, I'd expect upper 2000's for the US market. I'm reminded of the Qualia 010 situation, unless they perform beyond all expectations it'll probably be quite a polarizing headphone. I don't know though, the Ed8 price premium to me wasn't a big deal, it's a portable and I don't mind bringing pretty stuff out and around, but a home open headphone is a different story...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Help me find a new pair of over-ear headphones! Last post on 10/5/12 at 2:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Shure SRH 940 - one of the best closed? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Look what i got! only 500 in the world! Last post on 10/8/11 at 4:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Street headphone suggestions under $150? Last post on 9/22/11 at 9:43am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First off, these were supplied to me for review by Pandora at Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased opinion, my thanks to them for their trust in me to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Ultrasone Edition 10 announced! - Page 3post #31 of 7717/31/10 at 11:36pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 7717/31/10 at 11:39pmpost #33 of 7717/31/10 at 11:48pmOh wow. Lots of leather and metal. Based on that alone, they must surpass anything made of plastic. Just like how a solid gold watch keeps better time than a plastic or stainless one.
I'll give them a listen, but am not expecting them to be much different than other Ultrasones I've listened to and haven't bought.post #34 of 7717/31/10 at 11:56pmpost #35 of 7717/31/10 at 11:57pm
10% more driver's efficient compare the one used in ED8(by use stronger magnet), Better driver force for the "Open-back" design challenge.
Still keep the titanium plated diaphragm.
Edited by donthuang - 8/1/10 at 12:49ampost #36 of 7718/1/10 at 12:01ampost #37 of 7718/1/10 at 12:03ampost #38 of 7718/1/10 at 12:11am
They are insane
Edit: got to say, chinese people are going to like the use of numbers, edition 10, day 20, month 10, year 2010 , 2010 made. It is as if the stars aligned for such a product to be released.
Edited by JIGF - 8/1/10 at 12:18ampost #39 of 7718/1/10 at 12:12ampost #40 of 7718/1/10 at 12:19ampost #41 of 7718/1/10 at 12:23amQuote:
Yes, there is a lot of superstition around about that, but it gets old fast. Depends on the crowd, really, how much attention to paid to these things.post #42 of 7718/1/10 at 12:23amQuote:
Wow, I bet thats why they did it honestly. Didn't even occur to me. Nice catch. I bet 50% of them get bought by Chinese.post #43 of 7718/1/10 at 12:33am
Quite like the fact that they seem to be mostly made of metal and leather, but not too fund of the brown coloring. Price seems pretty steep as well, but what do I know.post #44 of 7718/1/10 at 12:46ampost #45 of 7718/1/10 at 12:53am
ugly? wow i find them quite beautiful. Though they do look like robotic face huggers from planet X.
this could be one of the best investments on earth right now. If the sound manages to keep up with the price that is...
- Ultrasone Edition 10 announced!
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Intro and request for help. Warning. I like "fun" headphones. 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-Lambda Spirit (Pro-bias Electrostatics) 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Peachtree Shift Dac/Amp (with iOS LIGHTNING CONNECTOR!!) 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2