Just received a K501 (w/K701 pads) which I bought on head-fi last week. First impression - sure sounds like something in between K501 and K701 :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG Q701 Quincy Jones Edition is killed? Last post on 10/24/14 at 5:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K601 driver same as K501? Last post on 6/6/12 at 12:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
Wow is the first word that popped into my mind after putting on these IEMs. Dunu has outdone themselves again. SOUND These are quite possibly the best IEMs I have ever listened to. These...
K501 Appreciation Thread (rejuvenated) - Page 5post #61 of 1117/12/10 at 1:28pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 1117/12/10 at 3:29pm
Hi, the m is for Miguel and the r for Ramon which are my first and middle names. As far as a re-cable I really like the way my K501 sounds, I did not go full silver but I am glad you are loving you K501. Awesome cans!post #63 of 1117/12/10 at 7:59pmThread Starterpost #64 of 1117/13/10 at 2:21ampost #65 of 1117/13/10 at 5:20am
Sorry for going off topic, but just wondered if anyone tried K501 pads on K701 (or possibly K601)?
Besides SQ issues, I live in Los Angeles and when it gets hot, K501 pads is way more comfortable.post #66 of 1117/13/10 at 5:35am
I tried the k501 pads on the k500 and the k701 (and vice versa). No matter what phone they were on, it is my firm belief that the k501 are the worst of the bunch. They truly are crappy, despite their comfort (no argument there, especially when compared with the k701 pads).post #67 of 1117/13/10 at 5:43am
Interesting. I have never heard K500 and would love to one of these days.
After an year or so of using K701, I am back in love with K501 again thanks to this thread. Almost like a born again thing. So wondered if I would like the K701 better with the K501 pads :)
Also, K501 is non fatiguing to me compared with K701 (and other full size cans). Was wondering if this was due to the pad rather than the SQ :Ppost #68 of 1117/13/10 at 3:13pmThread Starterpost #69 of 1117/13/10 at 3:23pmpost #70 of 1117/13/10 at 7:01pmpost #71 of 1117/13/10 at 7:13pm
I had the K501 briefly- sold them as part of a multi purchase I made. I have regretted it since. I love my bass impact, the 501's don't have any, but the mid's on them were about the best I ever heard.
Looking to buy some again.post #72 of 1117/16/10 at 4:27pmpost #73 of 1117/16/10 at 4:43pm
they make the AKG 501 sound slow and sluggish - yes their midrange is that good
(re-cabled K501/K701/er4-p/dt880).As i stated before, the mid-range is simply unbelievable.
Sizwejpost #74 of 1117/16/10 at 9:07pmpost #75 of 1117/16/10 at 11:47pm
If your main objective is getting a better mid range try the DT48.. If you are looking for a more 'pleasing' sound get the D2000. The D2000 are better with more genre as well.. The DT48 thrives with vocals & acoustics..
- K501 Appreciation Thread (rejuvenated)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 18 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 32 seconds ago
- › What are the best Tube Amps for the price? 54 seconds ago
- › Fiio E07k Enough to Power the 250 ohm DT 990 Pro? DT990 or AKG 550? 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 2 minutes ago
- › New member 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 4 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Chord Electronics Poly & Hugo 2 preorders available now! 6 minutes ago
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear