Just received a K501 (w/K701 pads) which I bought on head-fi last week. First impression - sure sounds like something in between K501 and K701 :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- AKG Q701 Quincy Jones Edition is killed? Last post on 10/24/14 at 5:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- K601 driver same as K501? Last post on 6/6/12 at 12:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG or Bose? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:08am in Headphones (full-size)
- headphone upgrade help! Last post on 8/24/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphone hating Last post on 9/30/11 at 11:15am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
K501 Appreciation Thread (rejuvenated) - Page 5post #61 of 1117/12/10 at 1:28pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #62 of 1117/12/10 at 3:29pm
Hi, the m is for Miguel and the r for Ramon which are my first and middle names. As far as a re-cable I really like the way my K501 sounds, I did not go full silver but I am glad you are loving you K501. Awesome cans!post #63 of 1117/12/10 at 7:59pmThread Starterpost #64 of 1117/13/10 at 2:21ampost #65 of 1117/13/10 at 5:20am
Sorry for going off topic, but just wondered if anyone tried K501 pads on K701 (or possibly K601)?
Besides SQ issues, I live in Los Angeles and when it gets hot, K501 pads is way more comfortable.post #66 of 1117/13/10 at 5:35am
I tried the k501 pads on the k500 and the k701 (and vice versa). No matter what phone they were on, it is my firm belief that the k501 are the worst of the bunch. They truly are crappy, despite their comfort (no argument there, especially when compared with the k701 pads).post #67 of 1117/13/10 at 5:43am
Interesting. I have never heard K500 and would love to one of these days.
After an year or so of using K701, I am back in love with K501 again thanks to this thread. Almost like a born again thing. So wondered if I would like the K701 better with the K501 pads :)
Also, K501 is non fatiguing to me compared with K701 (and other full size cans). Was wondering if this was due to the pad rather than the SQ :Ppost #68 of 1117/13/10 at 3:13pmThread Starterpost #69 of 1117/13/10 at 3:23pmpost #70 of 1117/13/10 at 7:01pmpost #71 of 1117/13/10 at 7:13pm
I had the K501 briefly- sold them as part of a multi purchase I made. I have regretted it since. I love my bass impact, the 501's don't have any, but the mid's on them were about the best I ever heard.
Looking to buy some again.post #72 of 1117/16/10 at 4:27pmpost #73 of 1117/16/10 at 4:43pm
they make the AKG 501 sound slow and sluggish - yes their midrange is that good
(re-cabled K501/K701/er4-p/dt880).As i stated before, the mid-range is simply unbelievable.
Sizwejpost #74 of 1117/16/10 at 9:07pmpost #75 of 1117/16/10 at 11:47pm
If your main objective is getting a better mid range try the DT48.. If you are looking for a more 'pleasing' sound get the D2000. The D2000 are better with more genre as well.. The DT48 thrives with vocals & acoustics..
- K501 Appreciation Thread (rejuvenated)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 33 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 34 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Introducing SERA by Vibro Labs 2 minutes ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › iHiFi 990 4 minutes ago
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 6 minutes ago
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear