I just wished it was in stock and had a picture of it :) Although must admit, version 2 in their most popular amp is indeed an awesome move, feels like they really care about user's feedback and implement it in the subsequent versions. I'm even more happy because was about to buy Asgard 1 for my HD 650, but now it seems that Asgard 2 is right on time...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions - Page 112post #1666 of 17172/6/13 at 2:19am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1667 of 17172/6/13 at 10:16amOrdered the Asgard last night that was on backorder. Just saw that the Asgard 2 is coming out in this thread. So I emailed Schiit about switching my order to the 2nd one, and the reply was that the backordered Asgards will ship as the new one.post #1668 of 17172/6/13 at 10:16ampost #1669 of 17172/7/13 at 2:36pmpost #1670 of 17172/7/13 at 6:16pmQuote:
Why wouldn't you just sell Asgard 1 for $100? I bed you'd be able to sell it for more than that!post #1671 of 17172/8/13 at 8:34amQuote:
Oh, definitely. I wasn't thinking about those #s as I typed them.
Although, selling an Asgard may become slightly more difficult once the 2 is released.post #1672 of 17172/8/13 at 9:48am
I hear ya. I have the Asgard 1 and just ordered the Asgard 2. The 1 might become a bedroom rig rather than selling it. Honestly, I hate selling stuff.post #1673 of 17172/8/13 at 9:56am
Does you Asgards make a little noise at maximum last 10% of volume position? And is the also audible a little noise from asgard itself? I meanThat even at switched of CD player at maximum levels asgard produces a little noise and also a pot is grainy a bit.. Is it normal with this amp or my one is defected? I use T70 as a headphones.post #1674 of 17172/8/13 at 10:05am
Mine is dead silent. You might have a dirty volume pot. Email Jason at Schiit and he'll give you an answer within a day.Quote:Originally Posted by Synthax
Does you Asgards make a little noise at maximum last 10% of volume position? And is the also audible a little noise from asgard itself? I meanThat even at switched of CD player at maximum levels asgard produces a little noise and also a pot is grainy a bit.. Is it normal with this amp or my one is defected? I use T70 as a headphones.post #1675 of 17172/10/13 at 12:23ampost #1676 of 17172/10/13 at 1:58ampost #1677 of 17172/10/13 at 2:00ampost #1678 of 17172/10/13 at 5:59am
I'm just speculating here, and I could be totally off. I'll find out in a little bit when it arrives. But, I expect the new Asgard to be a little more clear and aggressive than the old Asgard. This is based on what Jason said about borrowing ideas from the Mjolnir and making it uncomfortably close in performance to it. Also, another high internal voltage amp, the SPL Auditor, is on the clear and aggressive side. I expect it to be less aggressive than both amps, however, because Jason also said it maintains the laid back nature of the old Asgard.post #1679 of 17172/12/13 at 12:24ampost #1680 of 17172/12/13 at 4:32am
I won't receive the Asgard 2 for about another week. But, on paper it will have lower distortion and a much lower noise floor. I'm expecting a very clear, open amp with no fatigue.
- Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 56 seconds ago
- › Upgrade ATH-M50 £250 - 300 Budget 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear