Making a decision soon to pull the trigger between either an O2 or an Asgard. Going to be powering my D5000's, so if anyone who has similar experience could let me know their impressions of each, I'd be appreciative! Thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions - Page 106post #1576 of 17175/16/12 at 1:46pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1577 of 17175/16/12 at 6:13pm
I built many O2's and I just got the Asgard because I always wanted to try a Schiit. I can easily say the Asgard sounds nicer all around in every aspect. It's has a tint of warmness to it while the O2 is dead cold. Both are very analytical, but I noticed much better sound from the Asgard. If you can get the Asgard for under $200 go for it, if you can't, get the O2. They are pretty similar but the Asgard is clearly the winner in my eyes just because I like warmness and better detail. It also looks more high class.post #1578 of 17175/16/12 at 6:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Penarin
My Asgard is here! This thing looks amazing and is built like a tank. Love the simplicity- power switch, volume knob, RCA inputs, and a headphone output.
Since I am old and still listen to CDs, I have the Asgard hooked up to a shiny new Onkyo CD-7030 with a 1 meter pair of Blue Jeans Cable RCAs. I haven't really made up my mind on this whole break in thing, but what the hell- I let everything run overnight. I hope to do some actual listening tonight or tomorrow.
For what it's worth, my unit came with a power cable and some RCAs.
Mine only came with a power cord. Can you hear any low level buzzing ? What serial number did you receive ?post #1579 of 17175/16/12 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mutombo
As a follow up to above, I unplugged the wireless mouse and still got a lot of interference coming through the amp. Just wondering if the Asgard is sensitive to this type of noise when hooked up to a computer, since my other headphone amp is perfectly silent when connected via my E17.
The Asgard doesn't transmit any noise when plugged directly into an ipod though, but I'd really love to figure out how to get a clean signal from my computer.
I use my Asgard with my PC into a 2 volt usb dac, and it is dead silent.post #1580 of 17175/16/12 at 7:25pmpost #1581 of 17175/16/12 at 9:05pm
My other concern is that once I upgrade my amp, I'd need to upgrade my DAC from the D3 I have currently =/ For the price of a new Asgard I can get the new ODAC+O2 combo...but if you guys are saying that it's so neutral, I might not like it. I like warmness in my sound. damn decisionspost #1582 of 17175/17/12 at 6:49amQuote:
Will check the serial tonight.
I listened for about two hours last night, the last hour with my IEMs. I didn't notice any hum or buzz.post #1583 of 17175/17/12 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by ashbeowulf
My other concern is that once I upgrade my amp, I'd need to upgrade my DAC from the D3 I have currently =/ For the price of a new Asgard I can get the new ODAC+O2 combo...but if you guys are saying that it's so neutral, I might not like it. I like warmness in my sound. damn decisions
I do find the Asgard to the warm side of neutral.post #1584 of 17175/17/12 at 11:51am
I meant the O2 is said to be very neutral. I'm hoping to be pulling the trigger on an Asgard sometime today. Wish me luck!post #1585 of 17175/17/12 at 3:48pm
The o2 is more neutral. The asgard is on the warm side of neutral. It's the perfect balance between the o2 and the Crack. A very nice Amp.post #1586 of 17175/17/12 at 8:27pmpost #1587 of 17175/31/12 at 5:01pmpost #1588 of 17176/2/12 at 5:25ampost #1589 of 17176/2/12 at 5:54ampost #1590 of 17176/2/12 at 9:08amQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
I have the same question. I quick google gave me this:Quote:
Yes - do keep in mind though that the iPod puts out a lower voltage Class B output, so even at lineout/maxed output through the dock, you might still have to crank up the Asgard more than other people with DACs or CDPlayers do, but otherwise it should work. I think the Asgard was already designed with the iPod lineout in mind so they probably had some adjustments so it will work well enough with signal voltage below 2v.
- Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 17 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 25 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Oriolus Hybrid IEM 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Looking for New Gear Schiit jotunheim and Sennheiser HD 650 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-ES10 + Leather Earpads HP-ESW11 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › K712 vs Spirit Pro vs MDR7520 for transient response accuracy,... 5 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear