Making a decision soon to pull the trigger between either an O2 or an Asgard. Going to be powering my D5000's, so if anyone who has similar experience could let me know their impressions of each, I'd be appreciative! Thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions - Page 106post #1576 of 17055/16/12 at 1:46pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1577 of 17055/16/12 at 6:13pm
I built many O2's and I just got the Asgard because I always wanted to try a Schiit. I can easily say the Asgard sounds nicer all around in every aspect. It's has a tint of warmness to it while the O2 is dead cold. Both are very analytical, but I noticed much better sound from the Asgard. If you can get the Asgard for under $200 go for it, if you can't, get the O2. They are pretty similar but the Asgard is clearly the winner in my eyes just because I like warmness and better detail. It also looks more high class.post #1578 of 17055/16/12 at 6:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Penarin
My Asgard is here! This thing looks amazing and is built like a tank. Love the simplicity- power switch, volume knob, RCA inputs, and a headphone output.
Since I am old and still listen to CDs, I have the Asgard hooked up to a shiny new Onkyo CD-7030 with a 1 meter pair of Blue Jeans Cable RCAs. I haven't really made up my mind on this whole break in thing, but what the hell- I let everything run overnight. I hope to do some actual listening tonight or tomorrow.
For what it's worth, my unit came with a power cable and some RCAs.
Mine only came with a power cord. Can you hear any low level buzzing ? What serial number did you receive ?post #1579 of 17055/16/12 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mutombo
As a follow up to above, I unplugged the wireless mouse and still got a lot of interference coming through the amp. Just wondering if the Asgard is sensitive to this type of noise when hooked up to a computer, since my other headphone amp is perfectly silent when connected via my E17.
The Asgard doesn't transmit any noise when plugged directly into an ipod though, but I'd really love to figure out how to get a clean signal from my computer.
I use my Asgard with my PC into a 2 volt usb dac, and it is dead silent.post #1580 of 17055/16/12 at 7:25pmpost #1581 of 17055/16/12 at 9:05pm
My other concern is that once I upgrade my amp, I'd need to upgrade my DAC from the D3 I have currently =/ For the price of a new Asgard I can get the new ODAC+O2 combo...but if you guys are saying that it's so neutral, I might not like it. I like warmness in my sound. damn decisionspost #1582 of 17055/17/12 at 6:49amQuote:
Will check the serial tonight.
I listened for about two hours last night, the last hour with my IEMs. I didn't notice any hum or buzz.post #1583 of 17055/17/12 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by ashbeowulf
My other concern is that once I upgrade my amp, I'd need to upgrade my DAC from the D3 I have currently =/ For the price of a new Asgard I can get the new ODAC+O2 combo...but if you guys are saying that it's so neutral, I might not like it. I like warmness in my sound. damn decisions
I do find the Asgard to the warm side of neutral.post #1584 of 17055/17/12 at 11:51am
I meant the O2 is said to be very neutral. I'm hoping to be pulling the trigger on an Asgard sometime today. Wish me luck!post #1585 of 17055/17/12 at 3:48pm
The o2 is more neutral. The asgard is on the warm side of neutral. It's the perfect balance between the o2 and the Crack. A very nice Amp.post #1586 of 17055/17/12 at 8:27pmpost #1587 of 17055/31/12 at 5:01pmpost #1588 of 17056/2/12 at 5:25ampost #1589 of 17056/2/12 at 5:54ampost #1590 of 17056/2/12 at 9:08amQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
I have the same question. I quick google gave me this:Quote:
Yes - do keep in mind though that the iPod puts out a lower voltage Class B output, so even at lineout/maxed output through the dock, you might still have to crank up the Asgard more than other people with DACs or CDPlayers do, but otherwise it should work. I think the Asgard was already designed with the iPod lineout in mind so they probably had some adjustments so it will work well enough with signal voltage below 2v.
- Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 44 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ray Samuels Audio Dark Star solid state headphone amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › AKG "K267 TIËSTO" - Discussion, Impression, Review & Appreciation... 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Sleek Audio SA7 Appreciation, Impressions, and Discussion Thread! 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 5 minutes ago
- › WTB: Mac mini unibody 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K490 Travel Case 8 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi