Making a decision soon to pull the trigger between either an O2 or an Asgard. Going to be powering my D5000's, so if anyone who has similar experience could let me know their impressions of each, I'd be appreciative! Thanks
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
This will be a short review based on maybe on 12-15 hours of use. If you think that's not long enough you can skip it. I was a bit worried that this would be some cheap gimmicky toy amp because...
Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions - Page 106post #1576 of 17055/16/12 at 1:46pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1577 of 17055/16/12 at 6:13pm
I built many O2's and I just got the Asgard because I always wanted to try a Schiit. I can easily say the Asgard sounds nicer all around in every aspect. It's has a tint of warmness to it while the O2 is dead cold. Both are very analytical, but I noticed much better sound from the Asgard. If you can get the Asgard for under $200 go for it, if you can't, get the O2. They are pretty similar but the Asgard is clearly the winner in my eyes just because I like warmness and better detail. It also looks more high class.post #1578 of 17055/16/12 at 6:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by Penarin
My Asgard is here! This thing looks amazing and is built like a tank. Love the simplicity- power switch, volume knob, RCA inputs, and a headphone output.
Since I am old and still listen to CDs, I have the Asgard hooked up to a shiny new Onkyo CD-7030 with a 1 meter pair of Blue Jeans Cable RCAs. I haven't really made up my mind on this whole break in thing, but what the hell- I let everything run overnight. I hope to do some actual listening tonight or tomorrow.
For what it's worth, my unit came with a power cable and some RCAs.
Mine only came with a power cord. Can you hear any low level buzzing ? What serial number did you receive ?post #1579 of 17055/16/12 at 7:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mutombo
As a follow up to above, I unplugged the wireless mouse and still got a lot of interference coming through the amp. Just wondering if the Asgard is sensitive to this type of noise when hooked up to a computer, since my other headphone amp is perfectly silent when connected via my E17.
The Asgard doesn't transmit any noise when plugged directly into an ipod though, but I'd really love to figure out how to get a clean signal from my computer.
I use my Asgard with my PC into a 2 volt usb dac, and it is dead silent.post #1580 of 17055/16/12 at 7:25pmpost #1581 of 17055/16/12 at 9:05pm
My other concern is that once I upgrade my amp, I'd need to upgrade my DAC from the D3 I have currently =/ For the price of a new Asgard I can get the new ODAC+O2 combo...but if you guys are saying that it's so neutral, I might not like it. I like warmness in my sound. damn decisionspost #1582 of 17055/17/12 at 6:49amQuote:
Will check the serial tonight.
I listened for about two hours last night, the last hour with my IEMs. I didn't notice any hum or buzz.post #1583 of 17055/17/12 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by ashbeowulf
My other concern is that once I upgrade my amp, I'd need to upgrade my DAC from the D3 I have currently =/ For the price of a new Asgard I can get the new ODAC+O2 combo...but if you guys are saying that it's so neutral, I might not like it. I like warmness in my sound. damn decisions
I do find the Asgard to the warm side of neutral.post #1584 of 17055/17/12 at 11:51am
I meant the O2 is said to be very neutral. I'm hoping to be pulling the trigger on an Asgard sometime today. Wish me luck!post #1585 of 17055/17/12 at 3:48pm
The o2 is more neutral. The asgard is on the warm side of neutral. It's the perfect balance between the o2 and the Crack. A very nice Amp.post #1586 of 17055/17/12 at 8:27pmpost #1587 of 17055/31/12 at 5:01pmpost #1588 of 17056/2/12 at 5:25ampost #1589 of 17056/2/12 at 5:54ampost #1590 of 17056/2/12 at 9:08amQuote:Originally Posted by MattTCG
I have the same question. I quick google gave me this:Quote:
Yes - do keep in mind though that the iPod puts out a lower voltage Class B output, so even at lineout/maxed output through the dock, you might still have to crank up the Asgard more than other people with DACs or CDPlayers do, but otherwise it should work. I think the Asgard was already designed with the iPod lineout in mind so they probably had some adjustments so it will work well enough with signal voltage below 2v.
- Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Dumb question - need a 1.3mm dc to 1.3mm dc cable 17 seconds ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 52 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 2 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › What makes one headphone amp better than another? 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Grado SR225 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master-5/6/8/9 balanced head amp/ preamp 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Gigaworks T20, T40 & Audioengine A5+ 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe