- 3,766 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Southland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
- Headphone Impedance
Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions - Page 105
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'll have to try this tonight with a pair of IEMs. What connection types are you using in your chain? I use TOSLINK from either my computer or my Logitech Squeezebox Touch to my DAC, which is powered with a high quality, very low noise power supply, and then I use RCA outputs to the Asgard.
Awesome Tunes!! from PC or SB Touch at maximum volume -> TOSLINK -> NuForce Icon HDP (with LPS-1 Power Supply) as DAC -> pre-amp RCA outputs with maximum 2.6V output set with volume knob -> good quality 3FT RCA connector to Asgard
All device are getting power from the same power strip/surge protector.
I know the setup is practically dead silent when I use my Denon D5000s, and I will see if I can hear any noise/hiss with my IEMs. I'm sure I will have to lower the Vout of my DAC, but that should not change the audio signature, it should just give me a little breathing room with the Asgard's volume pot.
The transformer inside the Asgard makes a slight buzz I can hear when I put my ear next to it, and I believe that sound cascades through to the headphones. I have a later model Asgard that supposedly has the "fixed" transformer with no buzz, but mine has a little. It doesn't bother me because I can't hear it when using regular headphones.
Yes, mine has this same hum. I believe I have the fixed one too, but if I get close enough I can hear the buzz.
Just pulled the trigger on the Asgard this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive. I'm curious to compare it to the O2 that I already own.
I was originally leaning towards the Valhalla but wanted to get an amp that I can use with my D5000's as well.
I just did the same thing as you! Pulled the trigger on the Asgard wanting to see how it compares with the O2 =D
Can't say for sure whether they still do, but mine did.
No, not anymore. The only accessory included is a power cable.
Been enjoying the Asgard for a couple days now. I haven't put it fully through its paces yet, but I am noticing quite a bit of noise/interference when connected to my computer with a Fiio E17. The noise is prominent when moving the mouse, scrolling, etc. It's a wireless mouse, so I suspect that is the problem. However, when I connect the same setup to my Objective 2 amp, it is dead silent.
As a follow up to above, I unplugged the wireless mouse and still got a lot of interference coming through the amp. Just wondering if the Asgard is sensitive to this type of noise when hooked up to a computer, since my other headphone amp is perfectly silent when connected via my E17.
The Asgard doesn't transmit any noise when plugged directly into an ipod though, but I'd really love to figure out how to get a clean signal from my computer.
My Asgard is here! This thing looks amazing and is built like a tank. Love the simplicity- power switch, volume knob, RCA inputs, and a headphone output.
Since I am old and still listen to CDs, I have the Asgard hooked up to a shiny new Onkyo CD-7030 with a 1 meter pair of Blue Jeans Cable RCAs. I haven't really made up my mind on this whole break in thing, but what the hell- I let everything run overnight. I hope to do some actual listening tonight or tomorrow.
For what it's worth, my unit came with a power cable and some RCAs.
- Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 second ago
- › Music Game IX 8 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 20 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Pair of Amperex Bugle Boy 6DJ8 / ECC88 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3