- 3,080 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Savannah, Georgia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Introduction The ASG-2 is Aurisonics' second (official) foray into the world of iems. The guys over at Aurisonics cater primarily to the music professional crowd, and their products are...
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
- Headphone Impedance
Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions - Page 105
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Powerful and affordable”“Powerful, clean output with slight warmth, small footprint, value for money, drives most headphones, nice connectability with E7”
- Pros:“Warm sound signature, detailed, non-fatiguing”“Richly detailed, supremely textured, natural sound that is smooth, effortless and relaxing to listen to. A forgiving allrounder with superb comfort.”
I'll have to try this tonight with a pair of IEMs. What connection types are you using in your chain? I use TOSLINK from either my computer or my Logitech Squeezebox Touch to my DAC, which is powered with a high quality, very low noise power supply, and then I use RCA outputs to the Asgard.
Awesome Tunes!! from PC or SB Touch at maximum volume -> TOSLINK -> NuForce Icon HDP (with LPS-1 Power Supply) as DAC -> pre-amp RCA outputs with maximum 2.6V output set with volume knob -> good quality 3FT RCA connector to Asgard
All device are getting power from the same power strip/surge protector.
I know the setup is practically dead silent when I use my Denon D5000s, and I will see if I can hear any noise/hiss with my IEMs. I'm sure I will have to lower the Vout of my DAC, but that should not change the audio signature, it should just give me a little breathing room with the Asgard's volume pot.
The transformer inside the Asgard makes a slight buzz I can hear when I put my ear next to it, and I believe that sound cascades through to the headphones. I have a later model Asgard that supposedly has the "fixed" transformer with no buzz, but mine has a little. It doesn't bother me because I can't hear it when using regular headphones.
Yes, mine has this same hum. I believe I have the fixed one too, but if I get close enough I can hear the buzz.
Just pulled the trigger on the Asgard this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive. I'm curious to compare it to the O2 that I already own.
I was originally leaning towards the Valhalla but wanted to get an amp that I can use with my D5000's as well.
I just did the same thing as you! Pulled the trigger on the Asgard wanting to see how it compares with the O2 =D
Been enjoying the Asgard for a couple days now. I haven't put it fully through its paces yet, but I am noticing quite a bit of noise/interference when connected to my computer with a Fiio E17. The noise is prominent when moving the mouse, scrolling, etc. It's a wireless mouse, so I suspect that is the problem. However, when I connect the same setup to my Objective 2 amp, it is dead silent.
As a follow up to above, I unplugged the wireless mouse and still got a lot of interference coming through the amp. Just wondering if the Asgard is sensitive to this type of noise when hooked up to a computer, since my other headphone amp is perfectly silent when connected via my E17.
The Asgard doesn't transmit any noise when plugged directly into an ipod though, but I'd really love to figure out how to get a clean signal from my computer.
My Asgard is here! This thing looks amazing and is built like a tank. Love the simplicity- power switch, volume knob, RCA inputs, and a headphone output.
Since I am old and still listen to CDs, I have the Asgard hooked up to a shiny new Onkyo CD-7030 with a 1 meter pair of Blue Jeans Cable RCAs. I haven't really made up my mind on this whole break in thing, but what the hell- I let everything run overnight. I hope to do some actual listening tonight or tomorrow.
For what it's worth, my unit came with a power cable and some RCAs.
- Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Is Grado evolving too slowly? 12 seconds ago
- › What next from SRH440? Require more bass and possible amp in the... 13 seconds ago
- › Learning more about the science of sound 15 seconds ago
- › Looking to get a better setup for K240mkii 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 2 minutes ago
- › PS Audio's new DAC - NuWave 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (57 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: Ultimate... 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe