- 3,421 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Southland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions - Page 105post #1561 of 17055/2/12 at 7:40pmThere is a very low level buzz that I can only hear when using IEMs. Not a big deal as I don't particularly like IEMs to begin with. I cannot hear this buzz when using headphones.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1562 of 17055/3/12 at 8:38amQuote:
I'll have to try this tonight with a pair of IEMs. What connection types are you using in your chain? I use TOSLINK from either my computer or my Logitech Squeezebox Touch to my DAC, which is powered with a high quality, very low noise power supply, and then I use RCA outputs to the Asgard.
Awesome Tunes!! from PC or SB Touch at maximum volume -> TOSLINK -> NuForce Icon HDP (with LPS-1 Power Supply) as DAC -> pre-amp RCA outputs with maximum 2.6V output set with volume knob -> good quality 3FT RCA connector to Asgard
All device are getting power from the same power strip/surge protector.
I know the setup is practically dead silent when I use my Denon D5000s, and I will see if I can hear any noise/hiss with my IEMs. I'm sure I will have to lower the Vout of my DAC, but that should not change the audio signature, it should just give me a little breathing room with the Asgard's volume pot.post #1563 of 17055/3/12 at 8:57am
The transformer inside the Asgard makes a slight buzz I can hear when I put my ear next to it, and I believe that sound cascades through to the headphones. I have a later model Asgard that supposedly has the "fixed" transformer with no buzz, but mine has a little. It doesn't bother me because I can't hear it when using regular headphones.
post #1564 of 17055/3/12 at 6:58pmQuote:
Yes, mine has this same hum. I believe I have the fixed one too, but if I get close enough I can hear the buzz.post #1565 of 17055/5/12 at 12:44pm
Just pulled the trigger on the Asgard this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive. I'm curious to compare it to the O2 that I already own.
I was originally leaning towards the Valhalla but wanted to get an amp that I can use with my D5000's as well.post #1566 of 17055/5/12 at 1:42pmQuote:
I just did the same thing as you! Pulled the trigger on the Asgard wanting to see how it compares with the O2 =Dpost #1567 of 17055/9/12 at 6:15ampost #1568 of 17055/13/12 at 1:41pmpost #1569 of 17055/13/12 at 5:25pmpost #1570 of 17055/13/12 at 5:52pmQuote:
Can't say for sure whether they still do, but mine did.post #1571 of 17055/13/12 at 6:55pmQuote:
No, not anymore. The only accessory included is a power cable.post #1572 of 17055/14/12 at 4:52ampost #1573 of 17055/14/12 at 8:11am
Been enjoying the Asgard for a couple days now. I haven't put it fully through its paces yet, but I am noticing quite a bit of noise/interference when connected to my computer with a Fiio E17. The noise is prominent when moving the mouse, scrolling, etc. It's a wireless mouse, so I suspect that is the problem. However, when I connect the same setup to my Objective 2 amp, it is dead silent.post #1574 of 17055/15/12 at 3:43pm
As a follow up to above, I unplugged the wireless mouse and still got a lot of interference coming through the amp. Just wondering if the Asgard is sensitive to this type of noise when hooked up to a computer, since my other headphone amp is perfectly silent when connected via my E17.
The Asgard doesn't transmit any noise when plugged directly into an ipod though, but I'd really love to figure out how to get a clean signal from my computer.post #1575 of 17055/16/12 at 7:15am
My Asgard is here! This thing looks amazing and is built like a tank. Love the simplicity- power switch, volume knob, RCA inputs, and a headphone output.
Since I am old and still listen to CDs, I have the Asgard hooked up to a shiny new Onkyo CD-7030 with a 1 meter pair of Blue Jeans Cable RCAs. I haven't really made up my mind on this whole break in thing, but what the hell- I let everything run overnight. I hope to do some actual listening tonight or tomorrow.
For what it's worth, my unit came with a power cable and some RCAs.
- Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Schiit Asgard Headphone AmplifierNo reviews yet.
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 1 minute ago
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo -dB - DAC - D/A converter 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA800 Current Mode amp 2 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 3 minutes ago
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude