- 4,013 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Location: Southland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions - Page 105
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
I'll have to try this tonight with a pair of IEMs. What connection types are you using in your chain? I use TOSLINK from either my computer or my Logitech Squeezebox Touch to my DAC, which is powered with a high quality, very low noise power supply, and then I use RCA outputs to the Asgard.
Awesome Tunes!! from PC or SB Touch at maximum volume -> TOSLINK -> NuForce Icon HDP (with LPS-1 Power Supply) as DAC -> pre-amp RCA outputs with maximum 2.6V output set with volume knob -> good quality 3FT RCA connector to Asgard
All device are getting power from the same power strip/surge protector.
I know the setup is practically dead silent when I use my Denon D5000s, and I will see if I can hear any noise/hiss with my IEMs. I'm sure I will have to lower the Vout of my DAC, but that should not change the audio signature, it should just give me a little breathing room with the Asgard's volume pot.
The transformer inside the Asgard makes a slight buzz I can hear when I put my ear next to it, and I believe that sound cascades through to the headphones. I have a later model Asgard that supposedly has the "fixed" transformer with no buzz, but mine has a little. It doesn't bother me because I can't hear it when using regular headphones.
Yes, mine has this same hum. I believe I have the fixed one too, but if I get close enough I can hear the buzz.
Just pulled the trigger on the Asgard this morning. Can't wait for it to arrive. I'm curious to compare it to the O2 that I already own.
I was originally leaning towards the Valhalla but wanted to get an amp that I can use with my D5000's as well.
I just did the same thing as you! Pulled the trigger on the Asgard wanting to see how it compares with the O2 =D
Can't say for sure whether they still do, but mine did.
No, not anymore. The only accessory included is a power cable.
Been enjoying the Asgard for a couple days now. I haven't put it fully through its paces yet, but I am noticing quite a bit of noise/interference when connected to my computer with a Fiio E17. The noise is prominent when moving the mouse, scrolling, etc. It's a wireless mouse, so I suspect that is the problem. However, when I connect the same setup to my Objective 2 amp, it is dead silent.
As a follow up to above, I unplugged the wireless mouse and still got a lot of interference coming through the amp. Just wondering if the Asgard is sensitive to this type of noise when hooked up to a computer, since my other headphone amp is perfectly silent when connected via my E17.
The Asgard doesn't transmit any noise when plugged directly into an ipod though, but I'd really love to figure out how to get a clean signal from my computer.
My Asgard is here! This thing looks amazing and is built like a tank. Love the simplicity- power switch, volume knob, RCA inputs, and a headphone output.
Since I am old and still listen to CDs, I have the Asgard hooked up to a shiny new Onkyo CD-7030 with a 1 meter pair of Blue Jeans Cable RCAs. I haven't really made up my mind on this whole break in thing, but what the hell- I let everything run overnight. I hope to do some actual listening tonight or tomorrow.
For what it's worth, my unit came with a power cable and some RCAs.
- Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 10 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Need Advice, Choosing Headphones. 1 minute ago
- › [review] Crescendo DS11 a.k.a. ACS T15 - Brainy Budget Balance... 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › HELP! I want to get a hd558 but i've run into problems! 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves in Crystal Blue for the Shure... 2 minutes ago
- › OK use of RCA Y adapters? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2