Very curious about this! I also can't wait for reviews! Deciding between a number of tube amps to drive my HD 800s that are in this price range and a bit higher (up to 500-600). I'm really curious to see how this will compare to the WA6 because that's one of my top choices. I'm interested in what DoingOK has to say when he gets his Valhalla. I like the names of the Asgard and the Valhalla! When read, it looks like some extravagant product and I'm hoping it will be extravagant. The company name, Schiit, is pretty funny and creative. :D
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
Cool Looking Schiit - Page 33post #481 of 4938/14/10 at 8:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #482 of 4938/24/10 at 11:44pmQuote:
yes, do compare with Little Dot Mk IV/se please.
post #483 of 4938/27/10 at 10:23ampost #484 of 4938/27/10 at 11:05amQuote:
I hope it's better than that stupid Zero DAC/Amp that I have. Dang, I would've shipped it back because of the unbalanced volume defect, but 68 dollars to ship back to China?! No thanks. The Schiit Valhalla will probably be my number one option at this point. I simply can't just keep staring at my HD 800s the whole time and the Woo Audio 6 is a bit too far off at this point.post #485 of 4938/31/10 at 8:39amQuote:
Seconded. Also interested in how each manage the comparable HD600.post #486 of 4938/31/10 at 8:46amQuote:
Mention is made at Schiit's website of the optimum amp for the Senny's
Edit: At least they used to mention the Sennys. Seems like they removed the mention now.post #487 of 4938/31/10 at 9:06amQuote:
Ah, endorsements, eh?post #488 of 4938/31/10 at 9:25am
It's actually still on there...look under the FAQs for the Asgard and Valhalla.
Sounds like the used the Sennheisers while working on the Asgard a lot and the AKGs with the Valhalla. Those combinations should give us a very close representation of what they wanted their amps to sound like. Pretty cool as you don't usually see that much info from a manufacturer for a part of the chain.post #489 of 4938/31/10 at 9:40am
Thanks for the info, all. I was aware that Stoddard et al. believe the Asgard is a very good match for the HD600/650's. I wonder, however, what synergy will be had between the Senn's and the Schiit tube amp. Senn's like tubes too, and I wouldn't exactly call them 'low impedance' cans. So I half expect that the Valhalla will play reasonably nice with these cans as well. If not, then it is real no-brainer what amp I need to invest in of the two.
Edited by sampson_smith - 8/31/10 at 9:43ampost #490 of 4938/31/10 at 10:23am
Thanks for finding that mention, BTW, WGB113. Given the published specs of both amps I would expect them both to work well with the Sennys, since they're sort of middle of the road impedance wise. The AKG's, on the other hand, are both lower impedance and harder to drive. I would expect the Valhalla's strong suit would be with higher impedance cans like the Beyer 600 ohm versions and the Asgard's strong suit to be with low impedance cans like the Grado's and such, but it looks like they were both designed to be good all-rounders, as much as possible. Cool!post #491 of 4938/31/10 at 11:31ampost #492 of 4939/8/10 at 5:27pmpost #493 of 4939/8/10 at 8:01pm
There are a few impressions on the new Valhalla shipped thread. But as for me, I'm just waiting for my Asgard.
- Cool Looking Schiit
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 1 minute ago
- › IEM buying help...... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 4 minutes ago
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob