Very curious about this! I also can't wait for reviews! Deciding between a number of tube amps to drive my HD 800s that are in this price range and a bit higher (up to 500-600). I'm really curious to see how this will compare to the WA6 because that's one of my top choices. I'm interested in what DoingOK has to say when he gets his Valhalla. I like the names of the Asgard and the Valhalla! When read, it looks like some extravagant product and I'm hoping it will be extravagant. The company name, Schiit, is pretty funny and creative. :D
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
First off my gear is HeadRoom Micro DAC and Amp.(I don't see how people get by without the crossfeed circuit on older rock recordings) Out of the rather cheap box the high-end was brittle and harsh...
Note: All of my listening impressions of the Stax SR-202 were done with a Stax SRM-313 amplifier, which was hooked up to an AMB y2 DAC via the RCA input with SKW JIB braided interconnects. For the...
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
Cool Looking Schiit - Page 33post #481 of 4938/14/10 at 8:50pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #482 of 4938/24/10 at 11:44pmQuote:
yes, do compare with Little Dot Mk IV/se please.
post #483 of 4938/27/10 at 10:23ampost #484 of 4938/27/10 at 11:05amQuote:
I hope it's better than that stupid Zero DAC/Amp that I have. Dang, I would've shipped it back because of the unbalanced volume defect, but 68 dollars to ship back to China?! No thanks. The Schiit Valhalla will probably be my number one option at this point. I simply can't just keep staring at my HD 800s the whole time and the Woo Audio 6 is a bit too far off at this point.post #485 of 4938/31/10 at 8:39amQuote:
Seconded. Also interested in how each manage the comparable HD600.post #486 of 4938/31/10 at 8:46amQuote:
Mention is made at Schiit's website of the optimum amp for the Senny's
Edit: At least they used to mention the Sennys. Seems like they removed the mention now.post #487 of 4938/31/10 at 9:06amQuote:
Ah, endorsements, eh?post #488 of 4938/31/10 at 9:25am
It's actually still on there...look under the FAQs for the Asgard and Valhalla.
Sounds like the used the Sennheisers while working on the Asgard a lot and the AKGs with the Valhalla. Those combinations should give us a very close representation of what they wanted their amps to sound like. Pretty cool as you don't usually see that much info from a manufacturer for a part of the chain.post #489 of 4938/31/10 at 9:40am
Thanks for the info, all. I was aware that Stoddard et al. believe the Asgard is a very good match for the HD600/650's. I wonder, however, what synergy will be had between the Senn's and the Schiit tube amp. Senn's like tubes too, and I wouldn't exactly call them 'low impedance' cans. So I half expect that the Valhalla will play reasonably nice with these cans as well. If not, then it is real no-brainer what amp I need to invest in of the two.
Edited by sampson_smith - 8/31/10 at 9:43ampost #490 of 4938/31/10 at 10:23am
Thanks for finding that mention, BTW, WGB113. Given the published specs of both amps I would expect them both to work well with the Sennys, since they're sort of middle of the road impedance wise. The AKG's, on the other hand, are both lower impedance and harder to drive. I would expect the Valhalla's strong suit would be with higher impedance cans like the Beyer 600 ohm versions and the Asgard's strong suit to be with low impedance cans like the Grado's and such, but it looks like they were both designed to be good all-rounders, as much as possible. Cool!post #491 of 4938/31/10 at 11:31ampost #492 of 4939/8/10 at 5:27pmpost #493 of 4939/8/10 at 8:01pm
There are a few impressions on the new Valhalla shipped thread. But as for me, I'm just waiting for my Asgard.
- Cool Looking Schiit
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Schiit Asgard Headphone AmplifierNo reviews yet.
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 31 seconds ago
- › Bose QC15 vs Audio Technica ATH-M50x? 51 seconds ago
- › Difference between Sony NWZ F886 and Sony NWZ F887 1 minute ago
- › Brief Odac impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › LCD2 cables in the $100-200 range 4 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 8 5 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude