Very curious about this! I also can't wait for reviews! Deciding between a number of tube amps to drive my HD 800s that are in this price range and a bit higher (up to 500-600). I'm really curious to see how this will compare to the WA6 because that's one of my top choices. I'm interested in what DoingOK has to say when he gets his Valhalla. I like the names of the Asgard and the Valhalla! When read, it looks like some extravagant product and I'm hoping it will be extravagant. The company name, Schiit, is pretty funny and creative. :D
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Headphone Impedance
Cool Looking Schiit - Page 33
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yes, do compare with Little Dot Mk IV/se please.
I hope it's better than that stupid Zero DAC/Amp that I have. Dang, I would've shipped it back because of the unbalanced volume defect, but 68 dollars to ship back to China?! No thanks. The Schiit Valhalla will probably be my number one option at this point. I simply can't just keep staring at my HD 800s the whole time and the Woo Audio 6 is a bit too far off at this point.
Seconded. Also interested in how each manage the comparable HD600.
Mention is made at Schiit's website of the optimum amp for the Senny's
Edit: At least they used to mention the Sennys. Seems like they removed the mention now.
Ah, endorsements, eh?
It's actually still on there...look under the FAQs for the Asgard and Valhalla.
Sounds like the used the Sennheisers while working on the Asgard a lot and the AKGs with the Valhalla. Those combinations should give us a very close representation of what they wanted their amps to sound like. Pretty cool as you don't usually see that much info from a manufacturer for a part of the chain.
Thanks for the info, all. I was aware that Stoddard et al. believe the Asgard is a very good match for the HD600/650's. I wonder, however, what synergy will be had between the Senn's and the Schiit tube amp. Senn's like tubes too, and I wouldn't exactly call them 'low impedance' cans. So I half expect that the Valhalla will play reasonably nice with these cans as well. If not, then it is real no-brainer what amp I need to invest in of the two.
Edited by sampson_smith - 8/31/10 at 9:43am
Thanks for finding that mention, BTW, WGB113. Given the published specs of both amps I would expect them both to work well with the Sennys, since they're sort of middle of the road impedance wise. The AKG's, on the other hand, are both lower impedance and harder to drive. I would expect the Valhalla's strong suit would be with higher impedance cans like the Beyer 600 ohm versions and the Asgard's strong suit to be with low impedance cans like the Grado's and such, but it looks like they were both designed to be good all-rounders, as much as possible. Cool!
There are a few impressions on the new Valhalla shipped thread. But as for me, I'm just waiting for my Asgard.
- Cool Looking Schiit
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 25 seconds ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 38 seconds ago
- › Ok so I started making the move to better sound quality headphones... 38 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 47 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Highend Headphones Showroom Launch Party (UK) September 27th! 2 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for headphones, not bright or fatiguing 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)