Very curious about this! I also can't wait for reviews! Deciding between a number of tube amps to drive my HD 800s that are in this price range and a bit higher (up to 500-600). I'm really curious to see how this will compare to the WA6 because that's one of my top choices. I'm interested in what DoingOK has to say when he gets his Valhalla. I like the names of the Asgard and the Valhalla! When read, it looks like some extravagant product and I'm hoping it will be extravagant. The company name, Schiit, is pretty funny and creative. :D
Related Forum Threads
- Schiit Asgard + HD650 - New guy's opinion Last post on 9/19/12 at 12:33am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Amp to drive my Hifiman HE-5's Last post on 10/6/10 at 4:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- little dot I+ -> Schitt asgard: what can I expect? Last post on 9/9/10 at 12:56pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- The Schiit Valhalla Arrived Last post on 12/6/11 at 6:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Does anybody have listening experience on Schiit Asgard and the Matrix M-Stage Last post on 10/1/12 at 7:04pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
- Headphone Impedance
Cool Looking Schiit - Page 33
Gear mentioned in this thread:
yes, do compare with Little Dot Mk IV/se please.
I hope it's better than that stupid Zero DAC/Amp that I have. Dang, I would've shipped it back because of the unbalanced volume defect, but 68 dollars to ship back to China?! No thanks. The Schiit Valhalla will probably be my number one option at this point. I simply can't just keep staring at my HD 800s the whole time and the Woo Audio 6 is a bit too far off at this point.
Seconded. Also interested in how each manage the comparable HD600.
Mention is made at Schiit's website of the optimum amp for the Senny's
Edit: At least they used to mention the Sennys. Seems like they removed the mention now.
Ah, endorsements, eh?
It's actually still on there...look under the FAQs for the Asgard and Valhalla.
Sounds like the used the Sennheisers while working on the Asgard a lot and the AKGs with the Valhalla. Those combinations should give us a very close representation of what they wanted their amps to sound like. Pretty cool as you don't usually see that much info from a manufacturer for a part of the chain.
Thanks for the info, all. I was aware that Stoddard et al. believe the Asgard is a very good match for the HD600/650's. I wonder, however, what synergy will be had between the Senn's and the Schiit tube amp. Senn's like tubes too, and I wouldn't exactly call them 'low impedance' cans. So I half expect that the Valhalla will play reasonably nice with these cans as well. If not, then it is real no-brainer what amp I need to invest in of the two.
Edited by sampson_smith - 8/31/10 at 9:43am
Thanks for finding that mention, BTW, WGB113. Given the published specs of both amps I would expect them both to work well with the Sennys, since they're sort of middle of the road impedance wise. The AKG's, on the other hand, are both lower impedance and harder to drive. I would expect the Valhalla's strong suit would be with higher impedance cans like the Beyer 600 ohm versions and the Asgard's strong suit to be with low impedance cans like the Grado's and such, but it looks like they were both designed to be good all-rounders, as much as possible. Cool!
There are a few impressions on the new Valhalla shipped thread. But as for me, I'm just waiting for my Asgard.
- Cool Looking Schiit
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 52 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help in choosing the right on ear portable headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 7 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 7 minutes ago
- › Is the HE-500 as dark as the HD650? 9 minutes ago
- › New aspiring Audiophile. Need a complete setup! Help! 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)