Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › T1 v. DT880/600, Round 1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T1 v. DT880/600, Round 1 - Page 6

post #76 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post




My gear is in my sig.


yes, i should have said differences between what you have and P.B.  i've not heard it, but supposedly the the PS Audio is a sweeter sounding DAC.  

post #77 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post



USG, Just to confirm, I don't think the D7000s are brighter...overall, but their treble certainly is brighter/hotter than the T1s. Just a clarification point.
 


Understood. :-)

post #78 of 213
Thread Starter 

T1 TAKES STANDING EIGHT-COUNT

 

Whoa!  Everything I have said previously may have been due to insufficient break-in.  

 

I was ready to permanently retire the T1 to their packing box.  But before doing so, I decided to listen to Cat Stevens' "Into White", first on the K501, then on the T1, then on the DT880/600.

 

After hearing the K501, I remarked: "It can't get any better than this".  Then I strapped on the T1, which had been burning in during the course of the day, thinking "We'll make short work of you"!

 

But wait: it sounded pretty darn good.  I was truly amazed.  It had apparently gone from sharp, Rat Trap cheddar to Camembert in the treble over the past 10 hours.  Incredulous, I respun the very tracks that had sounded edgy earlier in the same day.  Instead, they sounded much smoother, in fact, the T1 seemed to overcompensating in the opposite direction; they were beginning to sound "soft".

 

Needless to say, I was up until 3:00 a.m. reveling in the newfound warmth, and the promise that things were going to find their way to a golden mean.

 

Have to go for the rest of the day.  But I will be reporting back soon.

 

Embarrassed, but relieved and very hopeful,

PAB 

post #79 of 213

seems like a break-in diary...

 

good that you loved your T1 at last, enjoy it

post #80 of 213

A couple of people said that the T1 is sensitive to correct placement. That may also be the reason for your last experience, pataburd.

post #81 of 213

Now your hitting my soft spot. The 501 does have more in common with the DT48 then the T1.. The T1 is more advanced, but our ears don't go by state of art..I'd be surprised if you like the DT48e better then your 501. It seems like they were made for you. God willing you will find a new model DT48e for a good price. I would recommend the new model for your taste. They sound more conventional with a bit more ample bass.. I hear the 25ohm are a bit faster & detailed then the 200 ohm.. But the 200 ohm give you a more upfront presentation. They should do fine with tubes..Erik swears by them. Either way you go, I wish you the best.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post




Sage advice, KBBI, which I intend to act upon.  : )  

 

With the proceeds from the sale of the T1, I could finally get me a pair of them DT48!  : )


Edited by kool bubba ice - 6/19/10 at 11:05am
post #82 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post

T1 TAKES STANDING EIGHT-COUNT

 

Whoa!  Everything I have said previously may have been due to insufficient break-in.  

 

I was ready to permanently retire the T1 to their packing box.  But before doing so, I decided to listen to Cat Stevens' "Into White", first on the K501, then on the T1, then on the DT880/600.

 

After hearing the K501, I remarked: "It can't get any better than this".  Then I strapped on the T1, which had been burning in during the course of the day, thinking "We'll make short work of you"!

 

But wait: it sounded pretty darn good.  I was truly amazed.  It had apparently gone from sharp, Rat Trap cheddar to Camembert in the treble over the past 10 hours.  Incredulous, I respun the very tracks that had sounded edgy earlier in the same day.  Instead, they sounded much smoother, in fact, the T1 seemed to overcompensating in the opposite direction; they were beginning to sound "soft".

 

Needless to say, I was up until 3:00 a.m. reveling in the newfound warmth, and the promise that things were going to find their way to a golden mean.

 

Have to go for the rest of the day.  But I will be reporting back soon.

 

Embarrassed, but relieved and very hopeful,

PAB 

Excellent news. Your descriptions are exactly what I've been listening too since January ("warmth", "smoother"). What changed? Did you change your amp, cables, or just more burn in? I really didn't listen to mine until I hit 75 hours.

 

Anyway, that is certainly good news and I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do mine!
 

post #83 of 213

What a catharsis!  I'm covered in sweat and ready to flop.  If this had happened in a Baptist church, somebody would be up at the altar while the congregation sang "Just As I Am."

post #84 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post


Of course there is, you're reading it as it unfolds.

 

USG

 

No, these are one Head-Fier's aural impressions, which appear unresolved.  

post #85 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post



 

No, these are one Head-Fier's aural impressions, which appear unresolved.  


I'm afraid impressions are all the truth you're going to find in audio.

 

USG

post #86 of 213

Really? I'm shocked! As I said, it was a rhetorical question.

post #87 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post

Really? I'm shocked! As I said, it was a rhetorical question.


And you got a rhetorical answer. 

 

USG

post #88 of 213

No, I just got another one of your posts. 

post #89 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilavideo View Post

What a catharsis!  I'm covered in sweat and ready to flop.  If this had happened in a Baptist church, somebody would be up at the altar while the congregation sang "Just As I Am."



first and second verse, standing as we sing.

post #90 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post

No, I just got another one of your posts. 


You feel like coming out of hiding, filling out your profile and telling us where you're from, or is sniping from cover your thing?

 

USG

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › T1 v. DT880/600, Round 1