Ah, I see. I didn't know the S9 was balanced! I'll have to look into that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/22/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 2 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Blue)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Red)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Silver)tagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sansa Fuze Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/17/13 at 3:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Suggestions for PMP; Video a must. Last post on 9/13/10 at 9:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fuze vs iPhone 3GS Last post on 9/14/10 at 4:01am in Portable Source Gear
- What's better than an ipod touch? Last post on 9/14/10 at 3:35am in Portable Source Gear
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
RE-ZERO: Photos & First Thoughts - Now with Review Links! - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can anyone compare the bass quantity of RE-ZERO to Brainwavz M1. I am planning to buy the ZEROs. From the reviews, it looks like I will like the sound signature, but just curious how the bass quantity is comared to M1. I am planning to use them with my Clip+ without an amp.
Edited by nizarp - 4/26/11 at 3:11am
M1s have a little more bass.
Zeros have a quite tight and detailed bass.
If you liked the M1s the ZEROs are a step up in detail and the mids of the ZEROS are more forward which is great for vocals.
I dont have my M1s or ZEROs anymore , but this is how I remember them.
Thanks for the reply.
In that case, I think I will like them. I actually purchased the Brainwavz M3 as an upgrade to the Brainwavz M1. But I didn't like the sound signature of M3, because IMO, the bass of M3 is overemphasized compared to rest of the spectrum. While the sound of M1 is much more balanced than the M3.
I think I'm actually enjoying these more than the GR07. It seems more balanced and the mids shine on them more because of this as they are naturally a bit forward. Impeccable clarity throughout the range and with my tips the bass and soundstage shine.
Monster triple-flanges pushed all the way back (past the usual limit of the nozzle). I used a comply core to keep the tips intact. Tested different tips with low tone sine waves and these tips bring out the most bass.
Edited by Inks - 10/24/11 at 1:46pm
I moved from the RE-Zero to the RE-262. If you want more bass the RE-262 is it. It's sound is still very refined and balanced, just with a bit more bass emphasis and very good bass extension.
The perfect headphone for me is somewhere between the RE-Zero and RE-262 though... maybe biased toward the RE-262 because it has the right amount of bass, layering, details, etc, all it need is a 2 or 3 dB bump across the entire upper half of the audible frequency range -- it's just barely missing the "energy" the RE-Zeros have in the treble. IMO of course.
I hope this helps someone with their next IEM purchase! :)
Edited by Kibble Fat - 10/24/11 at 2:48pm
I think you may be right - I've never owned the RE-ZERO, but I did have the RE0 18 months back and I can relate to everything written about the treble energy/resolution on the RE0. Its interesting to watch each new flagship IEM from HiFiMan, particularly as the prices come down. At 149 USD, the 262s are one of THE bargain buys in audio IMO.
re-zero for 99$ is top bang-for-buck IEM , imo
especially for someone entering the IEM arena and not willing to spend more than 100$
i have moved now to re-272 but i remember the zero with love and appreciation
- RE-ZERO: Photos & First Thoughts - Now with Review Links!
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 5 seconds ago
- › What creates soundstage in headphones?? 19 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 45 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a solid headset for gaming and music 2 minutes ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 5 minutes ago
- › Awesome or Gimmick ? Sonys MDR-1ADAC 7 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)