Ah, I see. I didn't know the S9 was balanced! I'll have to look into that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/22/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 2 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Blue)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Red)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Silver)tagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sansa Fuze Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/17/13 at 3:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Suggestions for PMP; Video a must. Last post on 9/13/10 at 9:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fuze vs iPhone 3GS Last post on 9/14/10 at 4:01am in Portable Source Gear
- What's better than an ipod touch? Last post on 9/14/10 at 3:35am in Portable Source Gear
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First off, these were supplied to me for review by Pandora at Brainwavz for my honest and unbiased opinion, my thanks to them for their trust in me to do this. Here is a link to them on Amazon...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
RE-ZERO: Photos & First Thoughts - Now with Review Links! - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can anyone compare the bass quantity of RE-ZERO to Brainwavz M1. I am planning to buy the ZEROs. From the reviews, it looks like I will like the sound signature, but just curious how the bass quantity is comared to M1. I am planning to use them with my Clip+ without an amp.
Edited by nizarp - 4/26/11 at 3:11am
M1s have a little more bass.
Zeros have a quite tight and detailed bass.
If you liked the M1s the ZEROs are a step up in detail and the mids of the ZEROS are more forward which is great for vocals.
I dont have my M1s or ZEROs anymore , but this is how I remember them.
Thanks for the reply.
In that case, I think I will like them. I actually purchased the Brainwavz M3 as an upgrade to the Brainwavz M1. But I didn't like the sound signature of M3, because IMO, the bass of M3 is overemphasized compared to rest of the spectrum. While the sound of M1 is much more balanced than the M3.
I think I'm actually enjoying these more than the GR07. It seems more balanced and the mids shine on them more because of this as they are naturally a bit forward. Impeccable clarity throughout the range and with my tips the bass and soundstage shine.
Monster triple-flanges pushed all the way back (past the usual limit of the nozzle). I used a comply core to keep the tips intact. Tested different tips with low tone sine waves and these tips bring out the most bass.
Edited by Inks - 10/24/11 at 1:46pm
I moved from the RE-Zero to the RE-262. If you want more bass the RE-262 is it. It's sound is still very refined and balanced, just with a bit more bass emphasis and very good bass extension.
The perfect headphone for me is somewhere between the RE-Zero and RE-262 though... maybe biased toward the RE-262 because it has the right amount of bass, layering, details, etc, all it need is a 2 or 3 dB bump across the entire upper half of the audible frequency range -- it's just barely missing the "energy" the RE-Zeros have in the treble. IMO of course.
I hope this helps someone with their next IEM purchase! :)
Edited by Kibble Fat - 10/24/11 at 2:48pm
I think you may be right - I've never owned the RE-ZERO, but I did have the RE0 18 months back and I can relate to everything written about the treble energy/resolution on the RE0. Its interesting to watch each new flagship IEM from HiFiMan, particularly as the prices come down. At 149 USD, the 262s are one of THE bargain buys in audio IMO.
re-zero for 99$ is top bang-for-buck IEM , imo
especially for someone entering the IEM arena and not willing to spend more than 100$
i have moved now to re-272 but i remember the zero with love and appreciation
- RE-ZERO: Photos & First Thoughts - Now with Review Links!
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 6 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 8 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 9 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 12 minutes ago
- › PS1000 Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by dragon2knight
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2