Ah, I see. I didn't know the S9 was balanced! I'll have to look into that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 7/16/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/22/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 2 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Blue)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Red)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player (Silver)tagged by System, 7/14/10
Related Forum Threads
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sansa Fuze Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/17/13 at 3:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Suggestions for PMP; Video a must. Last post on 9/13/10 at 9:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fuze vs iPhone 3GS Last post on 9/14/10 at 4:01am in Portable Source Gear
- What's better than an ipod touch? Last post on 9/14/10 at 3:35am in Portable Source Gear
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
RE-ZERO: Photos & First Thoughts - Now with Review Links! - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can anyone compare the bass quantity of RE-ZERO to Brainwavz M1. I am planning to buy the ZEROs. From the reviews, it looks like I will like the sound signature, but just curious how the bass quantity is comared to M1. I am planning to use them with my Clip+ without an amp.
Edited by nizarp - 4/26/11 at 3:11am
M1s have a little more bass.
Zeros have a quite tight and detailed bass.
If you liked the M1s the ZEROs are a step up in detail and the mids of the ZEROS are more forward which is great for vocals.
I dont have my M1s or ZEROs anymore , but this is how I remember them.
Thanks for the reply.
In that case, I think I will like them. I actually purchased the Brainwavz M3 as an upgrade to the Brainwavz M1. But I didn't like the sound signature of M3, because IMO, the bass of M3 is overemphasized compared to rest of the spectrum. While the sound of M1 is much more balanced than the M3.
I think I'm actually enjoying these more than the GR07. It seems more balanced and the mids shine on them more because of this as they are naturally a bit forward. Impeccable clarity throughout the range and with my tips the bass and soundstage shine.
Monster triple-flanges pushed all the way back (past the usual limit of the nozzle). I used a comply core to keep the tips intact. Tested different tips with low tone sine waves and these tips bring out the most bass.
Edited by Inks - 10/24/11 at 1:46pm
I moved from the RE-Zero to the RE-262. If you want more bass the RE-262 is it. It's sound is still very refined and balanced, just with a bit more bass emphasis and very good bass extension.
The perfect headphone for me is somewhere between the RE-Zero and RE-262 though... maybe biased toward the RE-262 because it has the right amount of bass, layering, details, etc, all it need is a 2 or 3 dB bump across the entire upper half of the audible frequency range -- it's just barely missing the "energy" the RE-Zeros have in the treble. IMO of course.
I hope this helps someone with their next IEM purchase! :)
Edited by Kibble Fat - 10/24/11 at 2:48pm
I think you may be right - I've never owned the RE-ZERO, but I did have the RE0 18 months back and I can relate to everything written about the treble energy/resolution on the RE0. Its interesting to watch each new flagship IEM from HiFiMan, particularly as the prices come down. At 149 USD, the 262s are one of THE bargain buys in audio IMO.
re-zero for 99$ is top bang-for-buck IEM , imo
especially for someone entering the IEM arena and not willing to spend more than 100$
i have moved now to re-272 but i remember the zero with love and appreciation
- RE-ZERO: Photos & First Thoughts - Now with Review Links!
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 20 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 43 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 3 minutes ago
- › SE535 Help 3 minutes ago
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › Constantly being rejected, here are the...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3