Ah, I see. I didn't know the S9 was balanced! I'll have to look into that
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemHEAD DIRECT RE ZERO
- categoryIn Ear
- itemSanDisk Sansa Fuze 2 GB Video MP3 Player Black
- itemSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player Black
- itemSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player Blue
- itemSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player Red
- itemSanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player Black
- itemSanDisk Sansa Fuze 8 GB Video MP3 Player Silver
Related Forum Threads
- Order by sound quality Last post on 4/13/11 at 4:46pm in Portable Source Gear
- Sansa Fuze Appreciation Thread Last post on 1/17/13 at 3:23pm in Portable Source Gear
- Suggestions for PMP; Video a must. Last post on 9/13/10 at 9:31pm in Portable Source Gear
- Fuze vs iPhone 3GS Last post on 9/14/10 at 4:01am in Portable Source Gear
- What's better than an ipod touch? Last post on 9/14/10 at 3:35am in Portable Source Gear
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
Owned a variety of DAC's DAP/sources, Cowon J3, Hisound Studio 3rd Anniversary, Dacport LX, HRT Music Streamer II+, Sony Walkman Z. The DX100 completely blows them all away with it's reference...
Before you read this, I think you should know that I'm not an audiophile and that English isn't my native language. Let me start this on a positive note. The design of Razer Tiamat...
Performance: Generally really well. Shouldn't lag at all with normal usage. Should be able to handle most modern apps. I managed to get around 8000 on Antutu Benchmark. Currently runs Android...
A few years ago I was a big fan of the Shuttle Barebone SFF PCs for LAN party gaming. I also was a big fan of surround audio for gaming. I had a soundblaster that days. But the graphics cards grew...
Good solid bass, not very impactful, definitely not for bassheads. Has a warmer feel, and is not very laid back. Also less colored than I would expect. Overall good, as I paid around 120 for...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
RE-ZERO: Photos & First Thoughts - Now with Review Links! - Page 16
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Can anyone compare the bass quantity of RE-ZERO to Brainwavz M1. I am planning to buy the ZEROs. From the reviews, it looks like I will like the sound signature, but just curious how the bass quantity is comared to M1. I am planning to use them with my Clip+ without an amp.
Edited by nizarp - 4/26/11 at 3:11am
M1s have a little more bass.
Zeros have a quite tight and detailed bass.
If you liked the M1s the ZEROs are a step up in detail and the mids of the ZEROS are more forward which is great for vocals.
I dont have my M1s or ZEROs anymore , but this is how I remember them.
Thanks for the reply.
In that case, I think I will like them. I actually purchased the Brainwavz M3 as an upgrade to the Brainwavz M1. But I didn't like the sound signature of M3, because IMO, the bass of M3 is overemphasized compared to rest of the spectrum. While the sound of M1 is much more balanced than the M3.
I think I'm actually enjoying these more than the GR07. It seems more balanced and the mids shine on them more because of this as they are naturally a bit forward. Impeccable clarity throughout the range and with my tips the bass and soundstage shine.
Monster triple-flanges pushed all the way back (past the usual limit of the nozzle). I used a comply core to keep the tips intact. Tested different tips with low tone sine waves and these tips bring out the most bass.
Edited by Inks - 10/24/11 at 1:46pm
I moved from the RE-Zero to the RE-262. If you want more bass the RE-262 is it. It's sound is still very refined and balanced, just with a bit more bass emphasis and very good bass extension.
The perfect headphone for me is somewhere between the RE-Zero and RE-262 though... maybe biased toward the RE-262 because it has the right amount of bass, layering, details, etc, all it need is a 2 or 3 dB bump across the entire upper half of the audible frequency range -- it's just barely missing the "energy" the RE-Zeros have in the treble. IMO of course.
I hope this helps someone with their next IEM purchase! :)
Edited by Kibble Fat - 10/24/11 at 2:48pm
I think you may be right - I've never owned the RE-ZERO, but I did have the RE0 18 months back and I can relate to everything written about the treble energy/resolution on the RE0. Its interesting to watch each new flagship IEM from HiFiMan, particularly as the prices come down. At 149 USD, the 262s are one of THE bargain buys in audio IMO.
re-zero for 99$ is top bang-for-buck IEM , imo
especially for someone entering the IEM arena and not willing to spend more than 100$
i have moved now to re-272 but i remember the zero with love and appreciation
- RE-ZERO: Photos & First Thoughts - Now with Review Links!
- › Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review 31 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 4 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendation for some new open cans 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100 Reference DAP by Poetic
- › Razer Tiamat 7.1 by helmutssss
- › Sony Xperia S Black by TheBrutux168
- › Xonar U7 - 7.1 USB-Soundkarte by pietcux
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by Landon Watson
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by tintoy
- › JDS Labs ODAC by Rem0o
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU by project86
- › Unique Melody Miracle by lin0003
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by mcook1970
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe