i am using now the grey filters with my shure se535 .... they are great
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/28/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 6/23/10
- productShure SE530PTH Sound Isolating Earphones with Push-To-Hear Controltagged by System, 7/13/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 6/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Shure 530 vs. 535? HELP!! Last post on 12/13/10 at 3:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I upgrade to the Shure SE530 or SE535's? Last post on 9/9/12 at 4:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best current IEM that is great with vocals (Decided to go with DBA-02) Last post on 8/2/10 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are Shure SE535's No longer top tier / high end IEMs? Last post on 1/1/11 at 5:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SE535 vs SM3 Last post on 10/27/11 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
I got the honour of being part of the C1 World Tour . Whatever I did, thank you! It’s not every day that 3 new products from the same manufacturer arrive on your doorstep. I have the...
Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread - Page 215
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3212 of 38867/19/14 at 12:18pmQuote:
I was going to say I found the 535 cable very long and overly stiff. Neither the cable nor the earphone was my cup of tea.post #3213 of 38867/19/14 at 4:25pmQuote:I'm 6'3 and the cable barely makes it to my ears with almost no slack when I have my phone in my back pocket.
that's a comparison to my 315s. it's not a deal breaker or anything but I would like to get a different cable.
anyone have any suggestions for these?post #3214 of 38867/20/14 at 2:24pmQuote:
Can't see it too clearly but the cable you have with your 535's looks unusual. The stock 535 cables are either black or transparent colour while the one you have looks solid white. The stock cable is 1.6m or about 63 inches/ 5 and a quarter feet. Which is longer than most earbud cables. I'm 6 foot and I don't find my cable short at all. What I'm guessing is that the 535 J edition comes with a shorter cable than stock to suit shorter Japanese people's tastes rather than tall Europeans.
If that's the case, then you can just buy the standard 535 cable and it should be the proper length.
In fact, I think the 315 cable you have is the same as the normal 535 cable and can be used interchangably with your 535.
Edited by Robgo - 7/20/14 at 2:33pmpost #3215 of 38867/20/14 at 3:03pmQuote:
I would highly recommend the Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves. Even though my review (below) is for the stellar Shure SE846, the custom sleeves can be molded for any of the Shure IEMs.
If you try out the Westone STAR (silicone) and True-Fit (foam) 'sample platter' tips and still can't get a deep, isolated and comfortable fit, I would take a serious look at the Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves. Good luck!
Edited by moedawg140 - 7/20/14 at 3:05pmpost #3216 of 38867/20/14 at 3:28pmQuote:
Ditto...swap out the short able for the one on your 315's. All the Shure IEM cables are the same, I believe. My SE215 and SE535 cables are identical.post #3217 of 38867/20/14 at 3:33pmQuote:
The stock Shure SE846 cables (46 inches and 64 inches) are silver plated copper that are reinforced with Kevlar. The lesser model stock Shure IEM cables (and the accessory cable "CBL-M+-K-EFS") do not have these attributes.
Edited by moedawg140 - 7/20/14 at 3:34pmpost #3218 of 38867/20/14 at 3:53pmQuote:
OK...didn't know about the 846's...thanks for clarifying that. I am guessing that the 315 and 535 cables will still be interchangeable.post #3219 of 38867/20/14 at 4:09pmQuote:
No worries, zombywoof. I just wanted to make sure that everyone who reads this thread knows that there is a difference.
The current (as of July 20th, 2014) Shure IEMs (SE215, SE315, SE425, SE535, SE535LTD, and SE846) all use the MMCX connector (except the entry model SE112), which means any of Shure's MMCX cables are compatible/interchangeable with each other.post #3220 of 38867/20/14 at 4:24pmQuote:
Ditto...best to get the correct information out there.post #3221 of 38867/20/14 at 9:42pm
God I miss my red 535's anyone know where I can pick them up cheaper than msrp? I know they sell for about 380 used on amazon and ebay but I would really like a new pair preferably around that price range.post #3222 of 38867/20/14 at 10:43pmQuote:
I remember reading that you can get the red sound sig by changing filters? Is that right?post #3223 of 38867/20/14 at 10:47pmQuote:
Well, I heard the same thing supposedly there is a website that sell nothing but filters, I think they are color coded and the green ones get rid of the roll off on the treble which is supposedly the only difference between them. However I much prefer the aesthetics of the red model then that of the bronze or clear. I loved my red 535's and regret selling them so much.post #3224 of 38867/20/14 at 11:59pmQuote:
The lowest price I found doing a quick google search was on Amazon (seller site Export-from-Kobe) for $445.99 + $12.99 shipping for new SE535LTDs. You can wait for them to possibly lower in price, but I believe that may be tough to jump on a pair when it becomes available at a lower price before someone else snags them. Mainly because the SE535LTDs (red 535s) you want are more limited than the bronze SE535s and will automatically command a higher price. You can even try to purchase one used that has a warranty, and if it "becomes unusable because it doesn't work anymore" you can take them back to Shure for new ones. I had to get a new pair of SE530s because my used pair's cable sheath came apart.post #3225 of 38867/21/14 at 6:33amQuote:
all, atleast up from se215 are kevlar reinforced, silver plating is propably only on the se846.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Shiit Yggdrasil DAC "yggy" (230 volt) 13 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 23 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 59 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › How much better is the hd650 vs hd598? 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced 6 minutes ago
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear