i am using now the grey filters with my shure se535 .... they are great
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/28/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 6/23/10
- productShure SE530PTH Sound Isolating Earphones with Push-To-Hear Controltagged by System, 7/13/10
- productShure SE530 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 7/13/10
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 6/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Shure 530 vs. 535? HELP!! Last post on 12/13/10 at 3:18pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Should I upgrade to the Shure SE530 or SE535's? Last post on 9/9/12 at 4:37pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best current IEM that is great with vocals (Decided to go with DBA-02) Last post on 8/2/10 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are Shure SE535's No longer top tier / high end IEMs? Last post on 1/1/11 at 5:38am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SE535 vs SM3 Last post on 10/27/11 at 5:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread - Page 215
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was going to say I found the 535 cable very long and overly stiff. Neither the cable nor the earphone was my cup of tea.
that's a comparison to my 315s. it's not a deal breaker or anything but I would like to get a different cable.
anyone have any suggestions for these?
Can't see it too clearly but the cable you have with your 535's looks unusual. The stock 535 cables are either black or transparent colour while the one you have looks solid white. The stock cable is 1.6m or about 63 inches/ 5 and a quarter feet. Which is longer than most earbud cables. I'm 6 foot and I don't find my cable short at all. What I'm guessing is that the 535 J edition comes with a shorter cable than stock to suit shorter Japanese people's tastes rather than tall Europeans.
If that's the case, then you can just buy the standard 535 cable and it should be the proper length.
In fact, I think the 315 cable you have is the same as the normal 535 cable and can be used interchangably with your 535.
Edited by Robgo - 7/20/14 at 2:33pm
I would highly recommend the Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves. Even though my review (below) is for the stellar Shure SE846, the custom sleeves can be molded for any of the Shure IEMs.
If you try out the Westone STAR (silicone) and True-Fit (foam) 'sample platter' tips and still can't get a deep, isolated and comfortable fit, I would take a serious look at the Sensaphonics Custom Sleeves. Good luck!
Edited by moedawg140 - 7/20/14 at 3:05pm
Ditto...swap out the short able for the one on your 315's. All the Shure IEM cables are the same, I believe. My SE215 and SE535 cables are identical.
The stock Shure SE846 cables (46 inches and 64 inches) are silver plated copper that are reinforced with Kevlar. The lesser model stock Shure IEM cables (and the accessory cable "CBL-M+-K-EFS") do not have these attributes.
Edited by moedawg140 - 7/20/14 at 3:34pm
OK...didn't know about the 846's...thanks for clarifying that. I am guessing that the 315 and 535 cables will still be interchangeable.
No worries, zombywoof. I just wanted to make sure that everyone who reads this thread knows that there is a difference.
The current (as of July 20th, 2014) Shure IEMs (SE215, SE315, SE425, SE535, SE535LTD, and SE846) all use the MMCX connector (except the entry model SE112), which means any of Shure's MMCX cables are compatible/interchangeable with each other.
Ditto...best to get the correct information out there.
God I miss my red 535's anyone know where I can pick them up cheaper than msrp? I know they sell for about 380 used on amazon and ebay but I would really like a new pair preferably around that price range.
I remember reading that you can get the red sound sig by changing filters? Is that right?
Well, I heard the same thing supposedly there is a website that sell nothing but filters, I think they are color coded and the green ones get rid of the roll off on the treble which is supposedly the only difference between them. However I much prefer the aesthetics of the red model then that of the bronze or clear. I loved my red 535's and regret selling them so much.
The lowest price I found doing a quick google search was on Amazon (seller site Export-from-Kobe) for $445.99 + $12.99 shipping for new SE535LTDs. You can wait for them to possibly lower in price, but I believe that may be tough to jump on a pair when it becomes available at a lower price before someone else snags them. Mainly because the SE535LTDs (red 535s) you want are more limited than the bronze SE535s and will automatically command a higher price. You can even try to purchase one used that has a warranty, and if it "becomes unusable because it doesn't work anymore" you can take them back to Shure for new ones. I had to get a new pair of SE530s because my used pair's cable sheath came apart.
all, atleast up from se215 are kevlar reinforced, silver plating is propably only on the se846.
- Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 45 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 4 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...