Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread - Page 178

post #2656 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0L0 View Post


I suppose the whole 18hz - 19.5hz on the US variant is throwing me off since the bronze/clear clocks at 18hz -19hz. But if Shure themselves said that there were no differences then I might have to go to AccessoryJack to order the se535ltd-j. My gripe about that is I do not know the shipping time frame since I have never ordered from outside the US.

 

I noticed the Special Edition on AccessoryJack quite a few month ago. The price use to be a lot closer to $600 (or 599). It seems (relatively) more reasonably priced but I'm still not interested. I'll wait for the SE846.

 

I'm listening to “I Put A Spell On You” by Credence Clearwater Revival right now (and I have a lot of 70s music). I'd have a headache (or ear bleeding) if there was any more treble energy (than the regular SE535) to go with the cymbal emphasis in some of these songs. The group Heatwave (I believe) had the hard “S” in their songs on purpose. I remember snatching my AKGs off my head (when I first got them) because of that piercing “S”. It's no problem with the SE535.

 


Edited by truckdriver - 6/9/13 at 2:24pm
post #2657 of 3240
People....don't fall into the scam of buying an LTE version, it's basically a regular Version with a different damper, basically just get a hold of knowles dampers, matter of fact I may be able to send some.

Source
http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2013/05/shure-se535.html?m=1
post #2658 of 3240
The different dampers remind me of the pfe 232 filters that also change the sound to suit ones taste...interesting
post #2659 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0L0 View Post

The different dampers remind me of the pfe 232 filters that also change the sound to suit ones taste...interesting

Yup. Same science behind them. Those acoustic dampers also work as a wax filter.

post #2660 of 3240

Well I just called Shure's technical support and they verified that the US version is the same as the Asian counterpart.  They have said that ALL red colored se535s had the same newly tuned acoustics network that fixes that treble roll off (probably just different dampers from the originals).  Just a bit of info if anybody was confused between purchasing the se535ltd-US or the se535ltd-J as they seem to be the same thing.

post #2661 of 3240
What's funny is that it doesn't fix the roll off at all, it's just peakier
post #2662 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0L0 View Post

Well I just called Shure's technical support and they verified that the US version is the same as the Asian counterpart.  They have said that ALL red colored se535s had the same newly tuned acoustics network that fixes that treble roll off (probably just different dampers from the originals).  Just a bit of info if anybody was confused between purchasing the se535ltd-US or the se535ltd-J as they seem to be the same thing.

 

I remember the last time I talked to Shure's technical support they had no idea about there being any difference in the Asian SE535-Ltd. It was news to them! I wonder what the next representative someone talks to will say...

post #2663 of 3240

So i went to the In-Motion store and picked the Se535 ltd there.  Everything was going against me to get to that store...that should have been a sign...

 

1. I live about 45 mins from the airport (not including rush hour) so by the time i got there i realized i had forgotten my wallet...=/

2. Forgot to bring my ipod and amp so i could not audition the se535s to the music i listen to.

 

After all that trouble i told myself that no matter what i was going to walk out of that store with those headphones..given that they were supposed to be the *new acoustics network* that tech support from Shure said were the same as the Asian se535s.  Well i happened to look at the box after i got home and i find this...

 

On the box it says the frequency range to be 18Hz - 19Hz...

Shure's USA website had said that the frequency range was 18Hz - 19.5Hz...I called Shure again and the person whom i talked to could not give me an answer as to why the frequency range docks the same as the bronze/clear se535s.  Eh I am going back tommorow to return them..perhaps get the UE900s or just go for the 1964-Quads.  Its my fault i suppose for not double checking the box before i left the store...a company as established as Shure should have addressed this bit of information...because it seems to me they are trying to pull one over on the consumer...I posted this to give people something to look for if they do decide to purchase the US variant expecting it to be the same as its Asian counterpart..and not end up being one sad...and pretty irate panda >:( because it seems apparent that these are just a reskin of the original se535s with added 2 mic cables...o well.


Edited by Y0L0 - 6/11/13 at 12:57am
post #2664 of 3240

OMG so much confusion everywhere. Can we get a Shure rep at this tread? We need lots of clarification here.

post #2665 of 3240
Lol what's funny about that is that the SE535LTD practical range only extends up to 15.5k....lol regular version is 15k, both have treble roll off but at least the latter isn't ridiculously priced

In other works its 19.5k, but only 15.5k in real use
Edited by Inks - 6/11/13 at 1:06am
post #2666 of 3240

Just so u know, the asia ltd edition only has a single short white/grey cable with no mics.

The box looks like this

 

post #2667 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

People....don't fall into the scam of buying an LTE version, it's basically a regular Version with a different damper, basically just get a hold of knowles dampers, matter of fact I may be able to send some.

Source
http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2013/05/shure-se535.html?m=1

 



Cab you give a link to the damper and tell how to change the damper

post #2668 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakoBoy View Post

 



Cab you give a link to the damper and tell how to change the damper

How to change the damper is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663273/se535-mod-more-sq-improvement-than-cables-dampers

I also did a review on how each filters sounds.

post #2669 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

How to change the damper is here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/663273/se535-mod-more-sq-improvement-than-cables-dampers

I also did a review on how each filters sounds.


thx. Cal you tell me wich damper will with the shure se535? Knowles has dampers with different dimensions

post #2670 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakoBoy View Post


thx. Cal you tell me wich damper will with the shure se535? Knowles has dampers with different dimensions

IDK which one. I will ask that to Rin or ink directly. Here is his website: rinchoi.blogspot.com

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread