Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread - Page 174

post #2596 of 3085

I'd like to try the 535s again, but don't have access to my EQ settings when mobile and can't deal with the high/low cut on the standard 535. So where can I get these for $350?

post #2597 of 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftay View Post


Yeah I'd agree with the lack of burn in for them. It's more you really have to get use to the sound signature of Shure.

Burned it in anyway ;)  They sound AMAZING!  (not that I can tell the difference between burn-in or not) I used to have a set of 530s.  Lost them.  Finally replaced it with the 535Ltds.  I got a really great deal from this super nice dude.  What a deal!  Been listening to it almost all day, going through several different types of music / playlists.  Couldn't be happier!

post #2598 of 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operaphile View Post

Wait a second. People are saying they got theirs for $350, 400, 500 w cable .... Are we still talking about the Ltd's (Asian)?

I want this deal!!!

Mine was 2 weeks used.  Came in mint condition.  Shure SE535Ltd (Japan) and he had also bought the Double Helix Cables (Symbyote).  All contents were new, ear buds were flawless.  I really got lucky...  $500.00 even. (plus he also paid for shipping $12.00.  Yeah, got really lucky...

post #2599 of 3085

I have a question.  Regarding the SE 535.  Shure website was showing a limited edition model w/ Music Phone Accesory cable w/ remote + mike  heere --> http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones/se535ltd-sound-isolating-earphones

 

Is this different than the push-to-hear device?  I still have the PTH device from my old SE530, and was wondering if there are any differences in function?  Anyone know?

 

Or.., is what I have better?  It seems PTH (Push To Hear) device is discontinued..

 

Thank you.

post #2600 of 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShureLover View Post

I have a question.  Regarding the SE 535.  Shure website was showing a limited edition model w/ Music Phone Accesory cable w/ remote + mike  heere --> http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones/se535ltd-sound-isolating-earphones


Is this different than the push-to-hear device?  I still have the PTH device from my old SE530, and was wondering if there are any differences in function?  Anyone know?

Or.., is what I have better?  It seems PTH (Push To Hear) device is discontinued..

Thank you.

I'm pretty sure this is just the microphone cable that you can actually buy from Shure themselves. It seems like it, at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShureLover View Post

Burned it in anyway wink.gif  They sound AMAZING!  (not that I can tell the difference between burn-in or not) I used to have a set of 530s.  Lost them.  Finally replaced it with the 535Ltds.  I got a really great deal from this super nice dude.  What a deal!  Been listening to it almost all day, going through several different types of music / playlists.  Couldn't be happier!

I had to get use the sound. It's so nice and natural with a lot of the music that I listen to which I'm really happy about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by devgru View Post

I'd like to try the 535s again, but don't have access to my EQ settings when mobile and can't deal with the high/low cut on the standard 535. So where can I get these for $350?

Well, it depends really. If you're using an Android phone, you could probably just use Winamp Pro or PowerAMP to get EQ settings if you're willing to get the normal 535s. If you really want the Special Edition 535s, the best way to get them would probably find someone who is going overseas to South East Asia and get them to pick up a pair from you. I was fortunate, as I was in Hong Kong for holidays and had a couple of friends show me where all the cheaper places were.

It's also worth noting that going in store to buy them in some countries usually yields you lower prices than you would be receiving if you bought them online.
post #2601 of 3085

Kind of thinking about picking up a pair again...

 

Has anyone tried the Westone star tips with the SE535?


Can anyone recommend a budget cable that is soft, w/o the memory wire?

post #2602 of 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Kind of thinking about picking up a pair again...

 

Has anyone tried the Westone star tips with the SE535?


Can anyone recommend a budget cable that is soft, w/o the memory wire?

I can't find the star tips anywhere near down under. Would really like to try them though.

 

Chris_Himself makes good cables for the 535. They're decently priced, and he's willing to work with you on prices if you so desire, and the audio is (imo) a bit better. Soundstage is wider etc. It'll be <$100. If you want softer ask for the PE coated cable instead of Teflon. It's softer, but has a strange texture that takes some getting use to. If you want cheaper, you could try one of the 'cheap' Furutech cables on eBay, but their quality is questionable.

post #2603 of 3085
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Kind of thinking about picking up a pair again...

 

Has anyone tried the Westone star tips with the SE535?


 

Me too!  I bet the star tips open up the treble a bit more versus the olives.

post #2604 of 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftay View Post

I can't find the star tips anywhere near down under. Would really like to try them though.

Chris_Himself makes good cables for the 535. They're decently priced, and he's willing to work with you on prices if you so desire, and the audio is (imo) a bit better. Soundstage is wider etc. It'll be <$100. If you want softer ask for the PE coated cable instead of Teflon. It's softer, but has a strange texture that takes some getting use to. If you want cheaper, you could try one of the 'cheap' Furutech cables on eBay, but their quality is questionable.

I like both the star tips and the true fit tips from Westone for my 535 Special Editions. Swiftray I believe you can buy them directly from Westone as they list Austrialia as a country they will ship. Use the following hyperlink: http://www.westone.com/store/index.php/westone-music-products.html
post #2605 of 3085

For anyone looking for the Asian (better top-end) SE 535 Special Edition - Addicted to Audio in Australia has them for AUD 399.00 (special at the moment)

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Shure-SE535SE-Sound-Isolating-Earphones-Special-Edition

 

These are the real Special Edition - and not the different coloured 'Limited Edition' they sell in the US.

 

I bought mine from George a year ago - they're an authorised seller.  Hope this helps someone.

post #2606 of 3085
Could someone please tell me when buying the Ltd edition..does it actually say in the box or somewhere that the sound signature has been tuned different?? I'm just curious if shure has actually Said that they changed the sound and not just made them a different color??
post #2607 of 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post

Could someone please tell me when buying the Ltd edition..does it actually say in the box or somewhere that the sound signature has been tuned different?? I'm just curious if shure has actually Said that they changed the sound and not just made them a different color??

Yes, it says it on the box and on ShureAsia website: http://www.shureasia.com/products/earphones/se535ltd
post #2608 of 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post

Could someone please tell me when buying the Ltd edition..does it actually say in the box or somewhere that the sound signature has been tuned different?? I'm just curious if shure has actually Said that they changed the sound and not just made them a different color??
 

Just be careful where you are getting them from.  The SE535 Special Edition - are the ones with the slightly different tuning (better treble response).  I know this for a fact because I own them.  These are the ones only sold outside US (Asia and Australasia).  The ones I linked to from Addicted to Audio in Melbourne (2 posts above) are SE535 SE.

 

The SE535 Limited Edition are sold in Nth America - and so far opinion seems to be that these are same as regular SE535 with different colour case/wiring.  I haven't heard htese - but it appears they do not have the better treble extension / response.

post #2609 of 3085
Thread Starter 

You better really want them bad too.  Addicted To Audio will charge  $50 to ship to the states and my understanding is that if they go bad, Shure USA would only replace with regular version. 

post #2610 of 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

Just be careful where you are getting them from.  The SE535 Special Edition - are the ones with the slightly different tuning (better treble response).  I know this for a fact because I own them.  These are the ones only sold outside US (Asia and Australasia).  The ones I linked to from Addicted to Audio in Melbourne (2 posts above) are SE535 SE.

The SE535 Limited Edition are sold in Nth America - and so far opinion seems to be that these are same as regular SE535 with different colour case/wiring.  I haven't heard htese - but it appears they do not have the better treble extension / response.
ok thanks guys appreciate it..I have the 535 clear.. And the 315 clear..I'm going to complete the collection and get the 425 and the limited at some point lol I really like the 315 s too maybe it's just me but they sound really detailed to my ears.. I'm hoping that the 425 s sound even more detailed.smily_headphones1.gif thanks again
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread