Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread - Page 171

post #2551 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooko View Post

Will be interested to hear your comments on the cables.  Am afraid so far (in my limited experience with full sized cans) I've failed to notice any real difference apart from aesthetics.  I am tempted to try one of Chris's cables though - just because the price is reasonable.  Then again - the $80-90 would buy a whole lot more music ........ wink.gif
.

Let me know what you think when you get them, and pics please as well smily_headphones1.gif

Sure thing. I'm actually kind of skeptical about the audio differences as well; i'm more or less buying it with a friend, cos he managed to destroy his cable on his 535s, but I will let you know smily_headphones1.gif
post #2552 of 3240
I think you will be happy with the cable upgrade.
post #2553 of 3240
I'm going to in the near future buy the 425 most defently. I've heard that too. I'm not a bass head at all. I do like to have some bottom end of course but only when it's clean and when it's call for. Some people think that the 315's don't have any bass. I think they have lots. You just need to make sure you have a really good seal then there is quit a bit. People say that about the er4's too and I find that they have lots. Again seal is very important. But I defently wasn't the 425's. Thank you. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2554 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post

I'm going to in the near future buy the 425 most defently. I've heard that too. I'm not a bass head at all. I do like to have some bottom end of course but only when it's clean and when it's call for. Some people think that the 315's don't have any bass. I think they have lots. You just need to make sure you have a really good seal then there is quit a bit. People say that about the er4's too and I find that they have lots. Again seal is very important. But I defently wasn't the 425's. Thank you. smily_headphones1.gif
Yes i own both 425 and 535 somehow i felt that 425 Female Vocal is much sweeter compare to 535 but male vocal 535 is much better than 425. 535 overall vocal female+male vocal wins 425 but 425 female vocal wins 535. Cheers
post #2555 of 3240
my cables have arrived~ pictures will be up tomorrow as i have to pick them up from my friend.
post #2556 of 3240
here are some shots of them:




I'll edit this post with thoughts on the cables in a little bit, or in a few days.

Chris_Himself cable impressions:
Sound:
*everything is from what I hear, and may not be the same in your case.
- A bit wider in soundstage
- Highs a bit smoother
- Mids imo gained a bit of body/warmth
- Bass is a little bit more punchy; enough to show some more presence, but not enough to really detract the other frequencies

Build:
- Very good construction; no imperfections noted
- I have the polyetheylene coating on my cables instead of Teflon; a bit more flexible, but has a slightly offputting texture to it
- Y-splitter a bit too high for me, but manageable
- Kinking is going to be unlikely on these
- Sheathing on the cable makes the covered wire very rigid. Preference for people who want it.
Edited by Swiftay - 3/28/13 at 1:06am
post #2557 of 3240

wow. very nice looking cable. love the red in the cable to match the red buds. what was the price of the cable? 

post #2558 of 3240
Trying out the SE535.

This iem has the ability of mesmerize me on some albums and annoy the hell out of me on others.

I guess the 80's pop-rock with their thin bass and gated drums are not a good match for this iem since at high volume levels the mids are disturbing.

On the other side on thick albums or just not bass lean the 535 is just perfect.

My UM3x are far more forgiving with the albums cause of their recessed high mids and thick bottom.


You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother
post #2559 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftay View Post

here are some shots of them:




I'll edit this post with thoughts on the cables in a little bit, or in a few days.

Chris_Himself cable impressions:
Sound:
*everything is from what I hear, and may not be the same in your case.
- A bit wider in soundstage
- Highs a bit smoother
- Mids imo gained a bit of body/warmth
- Bass is a little bit more punchy; enough to show some more presence, but not enough to really detract the other frequencies

Build:
- Very good construction; no imperfections noted
- I have the polyetheylene coating on my cables instead of Teflon; a bit more flexible, but has a slightly offputting texture to it
- Y-splitter a bit too high for me, but manageable
- Kinking is going to be unlikely on these
- Sheathing on the cable makes the covered wire very rigid. Preference for people who want it.

Did u get the silver cables?

post #2560 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by justie View Post

Did u get the silver cables?

 

I don't know what they sound like, but they sure are sexy!

post #2561 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooses9 View Post

wow. very nice looking cable. love the red in the cable to match the red buds. what was the price of the cable? 

$87.5 including shipping. Prices will most likely differ in case to case
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfary View Post

Trying out the SE535.

This iem has the ability of mesmerize me on some albums and annoy the hell out of me on others.

I guess the 80's pop-rock with their thin bass and gated drums are not a good match for this iem since at high volume levels the mids are disturbing.

On the other side on thick albums or just not bass lean the 535 is just perfect.

My UM3x are far more forgiving with the albums cause of their recessed high mids and thick bottom.


You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

I kind of agree. But fortunately the genres I listen to mostly fit the profile of the 535s pretty well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justie View Post

Did u get the silver cables?

Silver plated copper (SilverRay)
post #2562 of 3240

I think these are one of the nicest looking universals, unfortunately the sound signature is not for me. =3

post #2563 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMayer View Post

Very nice earphone

why, thank you.
post #2564 of 3240

I've had the SE535 Ltd Ed for close to 3 years now, and just recently sold them, and I just had to say that they are probably, to me at least, one of the best universal IEMs out there. Now that I've swapped to the Heir 4.Ai and 8.A, I can kinda appreciate what the 535(reds) could really do. I find now that I miss those lush super forward mids of the 535, and even my LCD 2 can't really replicate the lush intimate nature of the 535s, I do miss them just a touch :) I did have a couple gripes with the high-end extension of the 535s, the treble was a little too tame for my tastes, and after listening to less J-pop/rock I realised how lacking they were in the highs, and ended up getting the 8.A and 4.Ai. 

 

As a long time user of the 535s, and having listened to both the standard and Ltd Ed versions I would strongly advise people to try and get their hands on the Ltd Ed ones, especially if you favour the sparkle of your treble in your music, the standards kind of have this strong roll off at the high-end, almost clipping off actually(at least to me). Overall the Ltd Ed's were just a little better, and for practically the same price(again at least from where I stay) the differences really do count for quite a bit. If you do like a neutral sound sig I'd recommend against the 535's they have a very strong mid forward presentation, that I've found actually puts people off from the sound, especially people who enjoy EDM/trance stuff, the lack of bass impact may get a bit unnerving. However if you're a fan of vocals and strong instrumental music the 535s do the job fantastically. 

 

Just my 2 cents, after a minor nostalgia attack after selling my 535s :) 

post #2565 of 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftay View Post


why, thank you.

 

Those cables are as sexy as T-Swifty.  You can use them listening to her RED album.  ;) lmao

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread