How "flat" are the Shure E2C? I've seen a lot of reviews claiming that the E2C are "flat" and I would say the bass is almost overpowering.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c-n Sound Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure SE115 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones on a budget Last post on 12/21/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are these SHURE e2c (scl2) FAKE or REAL? Last post on 12/12/10 at 7:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Where can I get better tips for my meelectronics m11+? Last post on 12/9/10 at 11:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What to replace NuForce? Last post on 11/17/10 at 8:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Need Help! Which kind of earbuds to choose? Last post on 11/2/10 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These are my first ever Grado's and I LOVE them, too bad I have to send them out to the next guy. I was always fascinated by Grado's ever since I saw Auggie's RS2's on Covert Affairs. I just...
The ud110 was recommended in a few different serious threads in the audio community, and I was intrigued to say the least, myself looking for more affordable options with out sacrificing too...
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Brief question about Shure E2C balance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To my ears, the Shure E2Cs are relatively flat to, say, the UE Metro.Fi 2s/200s. Although its bass is relatively more powerful than its sibling, the Shure SE110 (which has already been replaced by the SE115), it's still too anemic when compared to other entry-level IEMs. Plus, it suffers to a somewhat tunnelish sound signature that I've found in almost every Shure IEM with the exception of the SE530s.
Hope that helps.
It's been a while since my E2Cs were functional but I don't remember any overpowering bass. Assuming I'm not misremembering, I'd say its a few hairs above neutral. IEMs are very sensitive to fit however, so you may be getting some kind of odd resonance because of you ear canal shape, tips, and a million other factors.
- Brief question about Shure E2C balance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 54 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 4 minutes ago
- › New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC 6 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 10 minutes ago
- › Anything as detailed and fast as Sony SA-5000? 10 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 11 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir vs Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade 13 minutes ago
- › Grado Prestige Series SR60e Headphones by Nada190
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)