How "flat" are the Shure E2C? I've seen a lot of reviews claiming that the E2C are "flat" and I would say the bass is almost overpowering.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c-n Sound Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure SE115 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones on a budget Last post on 12/21/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are these SHURE e2c (scl2) FAKE or REAL? Last post on 12/12/10 at 7:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Where can I get better tips for my meelectronics m11+? Last post on 12/9/10 at 11:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What to replace NuForce? Last post on 11/17/10 at 8:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Need Help! Which kind of earbuds to choose? Last post on 11/2/10 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Just some background stuff before the review...this is the second source i have owned dedicated to music (i.e not listening to music off my iphone) so i don't have much experience with high end...
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Brief question about Shure E2C balance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To my ears, the Shure E2Cs are relatively flat to, say, the UE Metro.Fi 2s/200s. Although its bass is relatively more powerful than its sibling, the Shure SE110 (which has already been replaced by the SE115), it's still too anemic when compared to other entry-level IEMs. Plus, it suffers to a somewhat tunnelish sound signature that I've found in almost every Shure IEM with the exception of the SE530s.
Hope that helps.
It's been a while since my E2Cs were functional but I don't remember any overpowering bass. Assuming I'm not misremembering, I'd say its a few hairs above neutral. IEMs are very sensitive to fit however, so you may be getting some kind of odd resonance because of you ear canal shape, tips, and a million other factors.
- Brief question about Shure E2C balance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions. 33 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 52 seconds ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 55 seconds ago
- › CanMania 2014 @ Capital Audiofest: Impressions & Reports 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Are the Mid ranges blown? 3 minutes ago
- › Good IEM for less than 100 4 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by fluffyberry
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)