How "flat" are the Shure E2C? I've seen a lot of reviews claiming that the E2C are "flat" and I would say the bass is almost overpowering.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c-n Sound Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure SE115 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones on a budget Last post on 12/21/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are these SHURE e2c (scl2) FAKE or REAL? Last post on 12/12/10 at 7:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Where can I get better tips for my meelectronics m11+? Last post on 12/9/10 at 11:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What to replace NuForce? Last post on 11/17/10 at 8:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Need Help! Which kind of earbuds to choose? Last post on 11/2/10 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Brief question about Shure E2C balance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To my ears, the Shure E2Cs are relatively flat to, say, the UE Metro.Fi 2s/200s. Although its bass is relatively more powerful than its sibling, the Shure SE110 (which has already been replaced by the SE115), it's still too anemic when compared to other entry-level IEMs. Plus, it suffers to a somewhat tunnelish sound signature that I've found in almost every Shure IEM with the exception of the SE530s.
Hope that helps.
It's been a while since my E2Cs were functional but I don't remember any overpowering bass. Assuming I'm not misremembering, I'd say its a few hairs above neutral. IEMs are very sensitive to fit however, so you may be getting some kind of odd resonance because of you ear canal shape, tips, and a million other factors.
- Brief question about Shure E2C balance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 4 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 30 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 31 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T51p 5 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)