How "flat" are the Shure E2C? I've seen a lot of reviews claiming that the E2C are "flat" and I would say the bass is almost overpowering.
- categoryIn Ear
- itemShure E2c N Sound Isolating Earphones Black
- itemShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphones
- itemShure E2c Sound Isolating In Ear Earphones Color CLEAR E2C E2
- itemShure SE115 BLU Sound Isolating Earphones With Dynamic Microspeaker II Blue
- itemShure SE115 K Sound Isolating Earphones With Dynamic Microspeaker II Black
- itemShure SE115MPA Sound Isolating Earphones Headset
- itemShure SE115 PNK Sound Isolating Earphones With Dynamic Microspeaker II Pink
- itemShure SE115 RD Sound Isolating Earphones With Dynamic Microspeaker II Red
- itemShure SE115 Sound Isolating Earphones
Related Forum Threads
- Coming from ER4S (10 years) and SE535 (since it was released).............I'm quite... Last post on 8/27/10 at 10:59am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEM's in the $150 range - Bit of warmth with good all-roundness?? Last post on 7/18/10 at 10:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new IEM: Can I get some good IEM's for under $50 USD? Last post on 9/16/11 at 7:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones on a budget Last post on 12/21/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are these SHURE e2c (scl2) FAKE or REAL? Last post on 12/12/10 at 7:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
Related Head Gear
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
The Creative Aurvana Live! solved a major problem for me—how to listen to good audio while walking the dog at night. I live near a commercial and bar district in Center City, Philadelphia and I'm...
Okay..well this is my first review..if you may call it so..hence any,,amatuerish mistakes be forgiven..here we go.. So i saved some money(i'm always short of it) for the Vsonic gr02 be..after...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Brief question about Shure E2C balance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
To my ears, the Shure E2Cs are relatively flat to, say, the UE Metro.Fi 2s/200s. Although its bass is relatively more powerful than its sibling, the Shure SE110 (which has already been replaced by the SE115), it's still too anemic when compared to other entry-level IEMs. Plus, it suffers to a somewhat tunnelish sound signature that I've found in almost every Shure IEM with the exception of the SE530s.
Hope that helps.
It's been a while since my E2Cs were functional but I don't remember any overpowering bass. Assuming I'm not misremembering, I'd say its a few hairs above neutral. IEMs are very sensitive to fit however, so you may be getting some kind of odd resonance because of you ear canal shape, tips, and a million other factors.
- Brief question about Shure E2C balance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 33 seconds ago
- › The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Philips Fidelio S2. Shockingly amazing... 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's musings: Does life seem worthwhile... 3 minutes ago
- › Peer groups, self selection, the breadth of the audiophile community 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 3 minutes ago
- › Gundam Model-Fi (Gunpla) (Post Some Pictures!) 3 minutes ago
- › BOSE QC15 Active Noise Cancelling headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - Reviewing HRT's Music Streamer HD - Reaching Out to... 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] InEar Stage Diver 3 - An experience 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Sigma USB Gaming Headset by imagic
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by David Chavez
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe