How "flat" are the Shure E2C? I've seen a lot of reviews claiming that the E2C are "flat" and I would say the bass is almost overpowering.
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c-n Sound Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure E2c Sound Isolating In-Ear Earphones Color CLEAR - E2C / E2tagged by System, 10/7/10
- productShure SE115 Sound Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/7/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphones on a budget Last post on 12/21/10 at 3:40pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are these SHURE e2c (scl2) FAKE or REAL? Last post on 12/12/10 at 7:05am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Where can I get better tips for my meelectronics m11+? Last post on 12/9/10 at 11:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What to replace NuForce? Last post on 11/17/10 at 8:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I Need Help! Which kind of earbuds to choose? Last post on 11/2/10 at 11:10pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Hi, I'm new to this head-fi community and this would be my first headphone review here at head-fi. Other headphones I've owned and listened to so far would be the Sennheiser hd239, px100, rha...
Brief question about Shure E2C balancepost #1 of 46/14/10 at 5:09amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 46/14/10 at 7:48am
To my ears, the Shure E2Cs are relatively flat to, say, the UE Metro.Fi 2s/200s. Although its bass is relatively more powerful than its sibling, the Shure SE110 (which has already been replaced by the SE115), it's still too anemic when compared to other entry-level IEMs. Plus, it suffers to a somewhat tunnelish sound signature that I've found in almost every Shure IEM with the exception of the SE530s.
Hope that helps.post #3 of 46/14/10 at 8:10amThread Starterpost #4 of 46/14/10 at 3:37pm
It's been a while since my E2Cs were functional but I don't remember any overpowering bass. Assuming I'm not misremembering, I'd say its a few hairs above neutral. IEMs are very sensitive to fit however, so you may be getting some kind of odd resonance because of you ear canal shape, tips, and a million other factors.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Brief question about Shure E2C balance
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Singxer SU-1 2 seconds ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 22 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 24 seconds ago
- › Advice Wanted: Amp For Beyerdynamic T1 54 seconds ago
- › Blox B320, Blue De'mun earbuds 1 minute ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 1 minute ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear